High Silver Maine Coons Complaints & Reviews

High Silver Maine CoonsBacked out of contract

An agreement to a contract to purchase a $1400 silver maine coon kitten and was to be picked up on June 17, 2015. Found out that the breeder had no intentions of selling nor showing up for the pick up. Broke my 7 year old grandson's heart. This is a heartless breeder!!!

JoAnn Patricia Dec 05, 2020

I purchased two kittens from High Silver Maine Coons in North Carolina, a silver and a black smoke. They are two years old. My silver ghas had four eye surgeries, two on each eye and my black smoke had a heart murmur from birth. Both are fine right now but I am waiting for the shoe to fall. My friend just lost her beautiful boy, JP, suddenly at 4 years old. This breeder should be banned and not in business. She has caused so many endless grief plus the poor kittens who are born with such health issues. If you do have issues, they cut off communication. BEWARE! Her kittens look beautiful but so many are not healthy. To those of you who have purchased from High Silver and have no issues, consider yourself lucky.

• Ni
      Nicole loscalzo Dec 05, 2020

I also just lost my beautiful boy. He is the HighSilver cover photo. He was 4 years 8 weeks old. They said he ‘threw a clot’ he died instantly. I’m devastated. He was my best friend.

Comments

• Su
      Suna Hilgenstock Jun 26, 2020

I barely leave negative comments on any social media. I believe in good. Unfortunately today I feel I have to do it.
      Last year we bought a beautiful high silver Maine Coon kitten from Mrs. Dianna Davis. A dream came true for my at that time 11-year old daughter and my most wonderful wife.
      We did our research, saw some negative reviews but ignored them - believing in good.
      When we picked him up, Dianna also offered us his mom free of charge, since she had c-section and therefore had no value for her anymore. At that point I should have been much more cautious since Mrs Davis talked about all the love she feels for Hayden, the mother. And she just gave her away ... who does that ?!?
      We also saw several Maine Coons all over the place and they seemed to be all blood related.
      Meeko, the boy, turned into a beautiful strong Maine Coon and the bond to my daughter was more than what I have ever seen before. I should add that we have three dogs, three cats and two bunnies. My daughter loves and truly cares for them all — but Meeko had that special spot in her heart. He was the one sleeping in her bed every night.
      Two days ago we had to let Meeko go. After trying everything, the cancer had taken over all of his stomach and some other areas.
      Meeko was only 15 months old and the vet made clear, this cancer has been there most if not all of his life.
      I don’t want to go into more details, since the pain I feel as a father and an animal lover is already too much to handle.
      But unfortunately I have to leave this statement here — please do not buy a cat from Mrs Dianna Davis nor her niece (?) Mrs Michelle Hauswirth. Her / Their breeding practices have only one priority = money ... !

Cat Bradley Oct 28, 2019

I have just lost my beautiful baby from High Silver Maine Coon Cats. He was the treasure of our family. He was 17 months old and died suddenly. We can only assume since there was no signs it was HCM. He was fixed and had no health problems. He was the joy of our family. I am so sad and nothing can replace that lost.

• Gr
      gracegrif Oct 28, 2019

@Cat Bradley i am so sorry for your loss. our furry friends are family to us. give yourself time and then find another furry child. he or she will by no means will replace your loss but he or she will love you and become part of your family and your love will only grow.

• Gr
      gracegrif Jun 18, 2019

I have bought two high silver maine coons and they are fabulously healthy and beautiful creatures just as Ms. Dianna Davis promised. I have nothing but good to say about Dianna and her Maine Coons.

• Re
      Renee Barron Jan 06, 2019

Not a reputable breeder or a person of integrity. Sold us 2 gorgeous Maine Coons..both died at 5 years old from Heart Disease. There is a reason Dianna has breast cancer now. She intentionally put sick kittens out into the world and caused heartache for many pet owners unnecessarily. The evil is comign back to her. DO not buy from High Silver Maine Coons!

• Lu
      LunaLyn Jan 02, 2021

@catoperator Maybe you should do some research before opening your stupid mouth. Breeders CAN foresee GENETIC disorders and diseases by doing the SIMPLEST thing. Genetic testing is there for this very damn reason. THE WHOLE reason to become a breeder is to BREED OUT GENETIC DISORDERS, to perfect the breed. You do it for the love of the breed. ANYONE who breeds without doing doing genetic test are only in it for the money. They don’t care about even their own animals let alone the ones they produce. They create these babies that will suffer and then die. These crappy breeders should have to pay for their greediness and selfishness. There needs to be laws for breeding programs. With strict consequences.

• Ev
      Evi Evans Jul 06, 2020

@catoperator Every reputable breeder does genetic testin before they breed a cat
      and yes you will know if the cat will
      get heart disease. The test only costs
      $30 per cat. Breeders even get discounts. I am doing the testing myself and god help her if the test comes back positive.
      The contract says the parents are tested. I trusted her...

Bonniejean Smith Jan 11, 2020

@catlovers This is a untrue statement regarding several cat she have bread have died from heart disease. I've always have gone to her Cattery to pick up the kittens I have bought. I know all her cats from doing business with her over the past 17 years. In the 17 years she lost two male breeder cats. Usually after three or four years she homes her breeder female cats. Dianna sent a female cat of four years old to my daughter. Her beautiful girl is now 8.5 years.

Bonniejean Smith Jan 11, 2020

@Renee Barron I bought six kittens over the past 17 years. I've had nothing but good repore with Dianna. Shame on you for saying there a reason Dianna has Brest cancer. She seem far from evil. I'm sure you would be pleased to know she now is in hospice. The statement you posted about her cancer that's evil.

Bonniejean Smith Jan 11, 2020

@Renee Barron I have bought 6 kittens from Dianna over the past 17 years. Three of the kittens went to my three grandchildren. I'm sorry this happen to you. One of the kittens I bought is now 14 years old. I've been very pleased with the kittens I have bought.

catlovers Nov 06, 2019

@catoperator https://figopetinsurance.com/blog/pure-breed-cat-should-be-tested-inherited-diseases
      The three most common inherited diseases in Maine coon cats are a type of heart disease called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), hip dysplasia and spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).

HCM, a common cause of heart disease in purebred and mixed-breed cats, is characterized by heart walls so thick they don’t contract normally. The disease occurs in cats without a family history of HCM or can be inherited.

One in three Maine coon cats inherits a gene mutation that causes the disease. Heart failure or sudden death occurs at six months to seven years of age. Genetic testing and cardiac ultrasound can help identify affected cats.

Hip dysplasia, abnormal formation of the hip joint, occurs in 23 percent of Maine coon cats. The condition leads to arthritis with hind leg weakness and stiffness that can make it difficult to posture normally in the litter box and jump onto furniture.

SMA occurs when nerve cells in the lower spinal cord don’t develop normally. At three to four months of age, affected cats lose hind leg muscle tone and have trouble walking. Genetic testing is available.

Spend a little extra to work with a breeder who screens all breeding cats for these diseases. If your new family member is healthy, you’ll save yourself considerable heartache and the expense of treatment.

Lee Pickett, V.M.D. practices companion animal medicine.

catlovers Nov 06, 2019

@catoperator Certain heart conditions will show up if the cat has certain genetic tests that reputable breeders conduct. I have read many reviews of this breeder, who was formerly working under the name Avistacats and was located in Vista, CA before moving to NC. Several cats she bred died of heart disease and other conditions. She must have been aware of these situations. My best friend is heartbroken at the loss of her beautiful four year old Silver Smoke boy, which prompted me to search reviews. of this breeder.

catoperator Oct 28, 2019

@Renee Barron WTH is wrong with you? this breeder couldnt have forecast Heart disease 5 years later!!! you apparently got the "stupid gene" some years later...do we get a refund?

Sarah Carstairs Jun 14, 2019

@Renee Barron She gave me a cat recently that she was breading and I found out today that she has heart disease. I tried to send her back since I got her a week ago before I get attached and she said no... apparently the health Guarantee is only good if they die

• Ha
      Hallvet Aug 11, 2018

I wish I had seen this sooner. She sold me a kitten with a congenital liver defect and now says she has no more kittens. But her kittens are all over Facebook. She’s a crook and a thief.