GRAHAM NOBLE AND ASSOCIATES Complaints & Reviews

GRAHAM NOBLE AND ASSOCIATESSuspicious Company

This company called my house with the name of my ex-sister-in-law. (They have been divorced for over 10 years). They left her name, partial social security number, a "case number", and threatened to file suit in a county I do not even reside in if this matter wasn't dealt with.

The generic "Mr. Littlejohn" was the employee that supposedly left the message. (Perhaps Mr. Smith wasn't available?) He claimed to be able to be reached @ [protected] extension 183 but when you call the number you get another generic name: "Ms. Taylor"'s extension. And although it says you can press "0" for operator, you never get the operator. You just keep getting the generic Ms. Taylor's voicemail over and over asking you to leave a name, case number, county you live in and a phone number.

I think it's a fishing expedition. I think you will never get a live person. Although they sounded semi-official on my answering machine, when I googled their name, I find all types of complaints where they bully people into handing over their checking account information. I am guessing you will never get a live person at that number. They are hoping they will reach some long-lost relative or person related to the person they seek and that someone will leave their information on the answering machine.

Does anyone know how to contact this company? I would love to give them my $.02. Isn't it illegal to leave a person's full name and partial social security number on a recorded message?

GRAHAM NOBLE AND ASSOCIATESThat I owed money

A month ago I received a call and a message was left on my cell phone and they went ahead and called my moms house too. They told my mom that if I would not call them in 24 hours I would be sent a summons for court and that I would be sent to jail. I called them and they told me the same thing, so I gave them all my information of my debit card; but then I looked it up in the internet and I found out it was just a scam. I went to my bank and cancelled my debit card now they are stating that I will be charged with felony charges and that i will go to federal jail

GRAHAM NOBLE AND ASSOCIATESIllegally trying to collect a debt

A few months ago, my mother was contacted by "Inspector Bernstein" at her home. He left a message on her machine with all of my personal information and threatened to have me taken to court if I didn't contact them within 24 hours. I had not lived at home since I was 18 (11 years ago), and I never used that as a contact number. I originally fell for their stupid trick of telling me that if I didn't agree to pay the amount of $2000 (which they were willing to split up over a few payments), then charges would be pressed against me and I would have to be in court within 10 days. Well, I agreed to some sort of payment plan of $500 a month for 4 months. They said they needed my bank account information to verify that it was my account, but that I could just send in my checks. Well, a few days before my first payment was due, I had told one of my friends about it, and she used to work as a debt collector. She said that every way they went about it was illegal.

So, I started looking up the company online and found that they used this scam on a lot of people! Well, I tried calling them to talk about what I had found out about them, and they kept hanging up on me. Then they just stopped answering my calls (they must have caller ID), because I called from another phone and as soon as they heard it was me, they would hang up again.

Anyways, they went ahead and just took the first $500 payment out of my account, and as soon as I saw that, I closed that account. The bank said I couldn't report it as fraud since I gave them my account information. So the first $500 was my stupidity. Over the last 2 days (5 months later), they have contacted my mother again, and also my grandparents, who I have NEVER lived with! My 80 year old grandfather was so scared that I was in financial trouble and is freaking out. The guy on the phone spoke with my grandfather and told him that I was going to be prosecuted and gave them all the information.

I am waiting until after I leave work to call them and give them a piece of my mind, but how do I stop them from calling everyone I know?

• Ed
    edward foster Feb 17, 2009

this story of dept collection is also my story. they took $150.00 from my checking account after I gave my account information over the phone. they said I owed over $7000.00 on a credit card that I never had. they also said because of my age (74) they would except $500.00 as payment in full. the $150.00 needed to be made now to stop further action. I believe that someone opened this credit card account in my name because, I was in jail when the charges were made (oct. nov. 1998. I can be reached at 508-733-1849 or [email protected] thank you

• Vi
    Virginia Morgan Feb 24, 2009

Your story is also, my story! They've been calling my whole family for $400.00. Which I have no knowledge of. I've sent a certified Cease and Desist Letter 6 months ago, and they still call. I've reported them to the FTC, and Attorney General's office, still they call every other day. I have hired an attorney! I don't know what else to do. This is embarrassing and so illegal...

• Ri
    RICH H Mar 25, 2009

I HAVE A WONDERFUL IDEA, SINCE THIS COMPANY SEEMS TO HAVE NO REGARD FOR ANYONE. HOW ABOUT IF ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THIS UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM AND GO AFTER THEM FOR FINANCIAL DAMAGES...