Global Career Management Complaints & Reviews

Global Career ManagementOverpriced, bad product

As with the other complaintants, I bought into Global Career Management's line. Their Seattle branch. I had owned my own business for 14 years and was transitioning back into the job market. I was unsure of how to put my accomplishments into a resume and my "counselor" did little to help me in that regard. (Frankly, I felt I was left to drift.) As the others have posted, the resume work was terrible and I did all the work finding companies and writing letters. (Their "customized" letters are fill-in-the-blank.) I asked for a list of recruiters and got 30 pages of mostly junk. I paid $5400. (GCM charges you what they think you can afford. They have no set fee!) When I asked for half back, trying to be fair in that they had done some work, I was treated horribly. I was told I didn't work hard enough and worse, and they always had a convenient excuse to my concerns. The company lines are: "We have access to the 85% of jobs that are not advertised" and "We will put you in direct contact with the hiring authorities..." and "We have the inside track on the growth industries and companies." That is certainly not the case. Definately look before you leap.

Respond

Global Career Management — Fraud and scam

I was lured to GCM in October 2007 with a catchy spiel that claimed they would help me find that executive...

Global Career ManagementTerrible experience

I guess I am luckier than most, but I wish I had posted this back when I first realized I had been a fool and wasted a lot of money on this company (2002 - different name then as well). Maybe some of the other complaints here wouldn't exist because people would have known to not believe these people. Unlike some of the other reports, I hired this company when they actually built your contact lists and prepared mailers for you every week. They were worthless, but at least I got some work out of them. I really knew I was in trouble when I started doing follow-up calls and had people laugh at me because they knew exactly where my information had came from and that I had been a fool in believing this place offered any true career support or lead development. By the way, I finally went to a certified resume writer and had a job three weeks later, with Global, absolutely nothing from the work they did, no interviews, nada.

Career counseling, that is where you receive individualized support from a certified individual helping you to figure out where you are going and what you need to do get there, can be very valuable but this is not what this company offers, in spite of their ads to the contrary.

Run away from this place, if the list of complaints here does not scare you, try googling them and see the results.

Respond

Global Career ManagementDo nothing but can charge thousands

GCM, global career management, pretended to sign up for customer satisfaction and sold you on the possibilities to obtain higher level jobs - this was a complete false illusion. Not only did not they take 4k+ worth of for lack lustre consulting advice on career growth, but had the audacity to charge additional fees. Their consultants wanted to be executive coaches with no practice experience obtaining higher level jobs. All GCM does is rewrite your resume and mail them out to people but returns no results. GCM does not find companies for you and in fact you do all the work finding the companies and opportunities. There is quite literally very little GCM does for you as much as a job board like Monster or the Latter could do. Global career management is a complete waste of money and time. Please do not sign up with a bunch of tired and old retirees who do not have any clue on helping people obtain higher level jobs.

1 Response
        • Al
          alc1972 Jul 28, 2008

I paid several thousands of dollars to this company with the expectations they would help me find a new career. Not only did my counselor help pick out companies I was interested in, train me for my interviews, but he also helped me negotiate a 10% salary increase and a sign on bonus that eventually paid for the services in itself. I am sorry that you did not have the same experience with this company as I did.