Fanworks, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Fanworks, Inc.Fraudulant Practices

Like so many others, I ordered fans and waited several months with no satisfaction from Fanworks. I did, however, create a large file of email and telephone communications with the company. From the Better Business Bureau I received the name of the company president and her email address. Ms. Keri Butler did surprisingly respond to emails and stated that she would process my refund. A month later, after no refund, I contacted her again and was told I should "issue a chargeback" with my credit card company since Fanworks was in dispute with their merchant account and could not refund my money. I contacted my credit card company and amazingly it began investigations and gave me a conditional credit (final solution still pending). It appears that the company may now be shut down, since there is no way to contact them or to even find a web presence.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Fanworks, Inc.No fans & no working phone number

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
    Same complaint as everyone else. Charge at time of order. Never receive fans, or refund.
    At least 15 phone calls, emails and two months later ->
    NOW ALL WEBSITES AND PHONE NUMBERS DO NOT WORK!
    Ugggg... I was even working with "Keri" the president of the company!
    Please if anyone gets info on how to get $ back from these folks email me at [protected]@gmail.com .

Comment Guidelines

9 Responses
      • Ka
        katsand Apr 27, 2009

Same story as everyone else. Just spoke with an attorney in AZ and they told me that basically my case would most likely go my way but to collect the money would probably harder to do. His other suggestion was to make sure to contact the Attorney General's office about this and that if enough people have the same complaint they may be able to work it from their angle. So please please contact the Arizona Attorney General's office and file a complaint. http://www.azag.gov/. I am posting this on all Fanworks related complaints to get enough people to contact the AGs office.

• Ha
        Hal R Apr 16, 2009

I just drove over to Fanworks to buy a fan. I had purchased seven Hunter Fans from them 4 years ago. The store is closed, empty, and has a do not trepass sign on the door. Looks like O.O.B. to me

Hal R
        LHC, AZ

• Th
        thegoal Apr 15, 2009

Ordered ceiling fan and paid but was never shipped. Company takes weeks to respond to contact and is then evasive. Will not refund money or ship item. Since I paid with Paypal appears to be no recourse.

• La
        larrya Mar 30, 2009

I ordered a ceiling fan in August of 2008 & paid for it with credit card, which was billed soon after. After 3 months had elapsed and repeated assurances by the company that "it was expected in the warehouse shortly", I canceled the order and was given a cancellation number by Fanworks and said that my credit card would be credited with the amount of the purchase. This has not happened despite repeated calls to the company. I filed a complaint of fraud with the Consumer Information & Complaints Dept of the Attorney General's Office for the state of Arizona in 2009, but was not given much chance of recovering my money. If this company is still in business, I recommend that you avoid it like the plague.

• Dv
        DVJulius Mar 27, 2009

I am having the SAME problem. I ordered an fan for my parents for their anniversary. I spoke with Linda and was assured that my fan was on the way over and over again. Now I call and all numbers are disconnected and there is no website. I called my bank and they are telling me that the charge was to long ago and there is nothing they can do although I used my VISA. If you have any information on how I can get my money refunded I would certainly appreciate it. Please email me at [email protected]

Janie Mar 23, 2009

When I tried to call Fanworks, I realized there was no working number. I called my credit card company (Discover) and they were very easy to work with. I got a credit and they are going to deal with the company. Hooray for Discover and I WILL NOT deal with Fanworks again! Stand your ground People...

• Ba
        Bart Wright Mar 11, 2009

They ripped me off also. They have now shut off their phone and website. I contacted the Arizona Attorney General and they said go fly a kite.

• Li
        Litchfield Builders, Inc. Jan 21, 2009

On November 18th, 2008, we ordered two ceiling fans, two remotes, and two rods from Fanworks, Inc. (fanworksoutlet.net) and only received to-date (January 21, 2009) one fan without the hanger rod, even though we made repeated calls and emails and were promised delivery and an RGA to return the one fan delivered; we have not been issued any credit on our credit card.

• Il
        ilisa Sep 30, 2008

This company charges for merchandise but never ships the merchandise. I ordered 4 fans and recived 1 fan without the blades. They charged my credit card over $800. The fan I recevied is worth $127. I am still waiting for the credit. They do not return emails or phone calls.