DVDAvenue.tv Complaints & Reviews

DVDAvenue.tvSugarfoot Series DVD set

I ordered the "Surgarfoot" cowboy series from the 50's. $99.95 plus shipping which was rather high priced, but I wanted my favorite cowboy show from my youth. Got an e-mail from them that my card could not be authorized, sent them an e-mail asking why, never received a response. My bank SHOWED the transaction WAS authorized. Got another e-mail from them telling me my stuff was back ordered and card would not be CHARGED until item shipped. A few days later card WAS charged at a few dollars MORE than the company's order confirmation which I DID receive. 5-7 biz days to receive from shipment. 3 weeks passed, no DVD's, registered scam alert to my bank, starting finding all this scam info on the web.

All e-mails TO the DVDAvenue.TV FAILED, all e-mails I sent as inquiries NEVER answered, toll free number says 'wait for next agent', you listen to the "Chinese Dance' from the 'Nutcrakcer" endlessly (one day I waited 15 minutes to test), NO ONE PICKS UP! TOTAL SCAMMERS!!! BEWARE!

• Na
    Nancy G Phillips Oct 19, 2007

I ordered what was supposed to be the full 10 years of JAG. What I received had been recorded off USA Network's reruns of JAG, commercials were poorly edited out and the last 1 and 1/2 seasons were eliminated. These people are crooks and the phone number to get a return authorization is a big JOKE. I tried the so called website but it seems to be non-existent. I am going to contact my credit card company and see if they can get the money back some how. My advise to anyone thinking of buying from these crooks is to back out of the web page and go to a store where you know you are getting the real deal.

• Valerie Nov 29, 2007

On Oct 25, 2007 I ordered the series Saved by the Bell dvd's. On Oct 29 they charged my debit card 165.92 and again on Oct 31 for 165.92. I called them on the 31 and they said they would credit my account. On Nov 15 I called them and they kept hanging up on me,so I called the fraud dept at my bank and they called them. They assured the bank that they would credit my account back 165.92 and that they had sent the dvd's on Nov6. Well, it's Nov 30, no money, no dvd's and now no one answers the phone.

• Dm
    D McBride Feb 09, 2008

If you haven't already, call your credit card company or bank and put the charge in dispute and then ~ ~ Turn these creeps in at: https://www.recol.ca/complaint or call their help line at 1-888-495-8501. This seems to be the best site to report economic crime on-line!

Mamie Mar 16, 2008

The same thing is happening to me that has happened to other people from DVDplanet.org. I have had so many dealings with these people but not by phone. On a live chat E-mail. I ordered through them, and received defective DVD's and you can see the Disney Logo on them. They said 2 months ago that I would be receiving a postage paid envelope in the mail, along with my new DVD's. Now they will not even answer my e-mails and the phone number has been disconnected. Noone ever answered it to begin with. It was coming out of Canada as well. They charged me $25.00 S&H as well. I'm out $95.oo. I'm going to the bank tomorrow. I don't know if there is anything they can do...

anon Apr 27, 2008

DO NOT USE DVDAVENUE.TV or DVDCRAZE.TV

These are a few websites about them. They are a scam site and many people have recieved pirate dvds or nothing at all. I too got duped by them 5 months ago, and have never received my DVDs or a refund. I'm in the process of contacting my creditcard company about it.

You need to be careful because there are at least 10 different names for this company (inc. DVDdonkey, tvaddicts, etc), but they are all one and the same thing.

These are the sites:
    http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/6725/companyname/[email protected]vdavenue.tv.html

DO NOT TOUCH DVDAVENUE.TV!

sane Nov 01, 2008

thier site says 3-4 weeks for delivery, why would you expect it in 5 days?

you are breaking the law by purchasing pirated software, and now your complaining they are scammers? you scammed some copyright holder by purchasing dvd's you know are not available.

JollehRoger Sep 24, 2009

It's DVDAvenue.tv the complainant is referring to. DvdAvenue.com is a legit DVD rental service.

DVDAvenue.tvRip off!

The boxset I ordered had no sound on half the dvd's so, I asked for a replacement set, to which they agreed to send me. Well, it took six months and numerous notices before I realized that I had been suckered by what I finally pictured as, a two-bit, fly-by-night scam site which is probably run by some basement dwelling geek who burns cheap dvd's from old VHS tapes and packages them with dvd holders that he bought at the dollar store! The boxset was $120 and I received no replacement or refund(I was told that I would, but didn't!) I hope that plenty of people will see these complaints and end up not making the same mistake that I did! I will no longer buy anything online-ever!!

Jack Pardi Apr 25, 2008

Same Story! I was robbed by this company! I purchased a DVD set - 2 discs had the same episodes and 4 discs were blank. I have tried numerous times over the past 15 months to either have a replacement set shipped or my money refunded to no avail. I am disgusted and disappointed that a company can take money from hard-working people and have no regard for providing the product that they offer. It is appaling that this criminal will not take the appropriate measures to rectify this situation. Although I have purchased online from other sources and have had no problems, the outcome of this purchase had made me reconsider online purchasing. I work too hard to have my money taken from some 2-bit theiving scam artist.

• Fe
    feleena hopewell Aug 04, 2008

i've been ordering dvds for a little over a year. the only site i use is you. your site is insecure. some one has gotten a hold of my debit card number and has used it on several other sites and ran up my account to $357.00. i chose you because you give me the full series. i find it hard to trust you any more. i call your number and it's rarely available. now, i have to change my bank account. i choose never to use you again. i have filed a police report and gave them your e-mail address as well as the phone number. i have cerebral palsy and i'm on low income. i try to save up to order dvds from you. i watch dvds alot. i honestly not sure what to do now. if you want my business, you will have to find away to earn my trust back.
    sincerely, feleena hopewell

DVDAvenue.tv — Pirated DVD's - scam online orders

I have called this company 5 times with no return calls. I ordered 5 complete seasons of The Nanny with Fran...

DVDAvenue.tv4 DVDs were defective

In early February '07 I ordered all 4 "China Beach" seasons. Four disks were defective (wouldn't play).

In early March '07 some gal with a thick accent said they'd replace them: to date they have not, but give they same canned answer that they're working on it. It doesn't take 8 mos. to replace 4 defective DVDs if you're honest.

It's now late October '07 (8 months later) and they refuse to replace the 4 defective disks; and atho they say "Satisfaction guaranteed" don't believe it.

I'll never do business with them or any Canadian company again. If this is how they treat their neighbors to the south they can go out of business.

• Gl
    gloria leonard Mar 27, 2008

I have been trying since november of last year, and again since jan.of this year to get replacements for bad disk. I will never do bussines again with this company. gloria leonard.

• Mr
    Mrs White Jun 03, 2016

Ordered the complete 6 series of Jackie Chan Adventures (animated) for my son for Christmas. $99. Received a dvd in post but it was the complete series 9 of Chrmed instead!!! Contacted them on the live chat link on 1st Dec 2007 to complain and was informed that it was an error and that the correct dvds would be received before Christmas and they would send me a returns envelope for the incorrect one. Guess what neither received.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices