DK Painting and Construction Complaints & Reviews

DK Painting and ConstructionRom katave poor demeanor and professionalism

I approached DK Painting and spoke with Ram "Rom" Katave about a development I'm involved with in Downtown Dallas.

Where to start? The first thing he did was start getting shady with me offering all sorts of weird kickbacks to me if I could get them the deal. "Bring me any other quote and we will slash it by 15%." This was before he knew anything about the scope of the job, so obviously a very irresponsible claim to make. But that's the attention to detail that I came to expect from him.

In the rest of our conversations he basically acted like a spoiled brat, telling me repeatedly about how his father Danny Katave, who owns the business, is an Israel intelligence agent, has $100 million cash, drives a $100, 000 Lexus, etc.

His emails and messages are barely comprehensible and nothing he says really makes sense.

But the icing on the cake was when he started talking to me about his bankruptcy. He apparently has a huge amount of debt from his time as a student at Babson (from which he claims to have a degree but actually never graduated), not to mention tons of other creditors hitting him up. So of course he filed for bankruptcy, but not before moving all of his cash into a Scottrade account belonging to his charity, Israel Heritage Fund, so he could keep it from the people he owed it to. Of course, the only thing more ridiculous than that is the amount of time he has spent bragging about how clever it was to people he doesn't even really know.

Anyway, my conclusion is that Katave is a little nuts and that DK Painting & Construction is not to be trusted.

DK Painting and ConstructionVery unprofessional service

"DK's quality and showmanship are reflected by our outstanding customer service". What a joke.

I contacted DK Painting & Construction a few times in the past couple months and the way the owner/manager treats people turned me off IMMEDIATELY from ever doing serious business there.

I spoke with Ram Katave who introduced himself to me as the owner of the company, though he is listed as a consultant on their website (even though he has the same last name as their "CEO" Danny Katave). ram katave is actually a college student, according to the search I did on Google.

without getting into too much detail, I will say that my job rqeuirements are somewhat complex. Mr. Katave constantly interrupted me as I spoke with him, tried to give me "better ideas" as he called them, and attempted to inject himself into my business in every possible way.

the way he treats his employees is horrible, like dogs. he yells and talks down to people who are much older than him. manage a business as you please but don't expect anyone to respect you when you act like that. I won't even repeat the things i heard but they were very unprofessional to say the least.

why does this company have a college kid running the show and do they really expect serious business with that?

• Rm
    Rm Katave Jun 18, 2010

Ram Katave, Danny Katave

DK Incident report in response to MANAGER/SOLE EMPLOYEE OF POWER PROPERTIES

On Behalf of my company's image as the 7th largest painting contractor in the united states and a ranking of 4 credit with don and bradstreet that this is a ridiculous complaint. I cannot believe someone can respond so negatively towards a cold call that was not a follow up. I literally picked up the phone called the guy asked if he needed any construction work. then he asked me "who the hell i was" and what i was doing calling him. I proceeded to ask him if he needed work. He told me he managed 4 properties in dallas (and told me the names so i wouldnt call them) and said "i do the work for these apartments through my own company" Have you heard of PORK. let me explain, I "manage" an aprtment complex, i say it costs 50, 000 to do 10, 000 in work. And since im the boss i sign the check to myself. That is exactly what this manager of POWER Properties engages in on a regular basis. Who will give him a second response to bids but himself? if i was an owner or investor in POwer Properties i would seriously consider where my money is going. And this guy's a liar, ok i never heard from this guy ever, he never contacted my business. I simply asked him if it was a good idea to get a second quote on construction work and he became very, very defensive. If you have any questions comments or concerns please call me at 214 862 5348.
    PS he's never been to my office he has no idea how i treat my employeees. he doesnt know a thing. It's pathetic that i have to waste my time badmouthing him just to clarify all of this nonsense on google about my family company.

** If you call me in reference to hearing about this article and agree with me that this guy is a jerk, i will give you 10% off any construction quote!

• Da
    dallaspainterpro Sep 28, 2010

Ram Katave should be bannished from doing business

• Rk
    rkatave1 Dec 15, 2012

Listen
    i hear comments with no names or numbers. stop saying bad things that are baseless when you do not have any name or information posted about yourself. You wont let me confront you or verify to whoever reads this what actually took place either.

thanks,
    rom katave

• Rm
    Rm Katave Jan 18, 2018

@rkatave1 https://alumnius.net/babson_college-8452-59#id29871571

Trevino or trev75 good luck ever being a painter.. navin Jain cyber bullying is not what brought FBI to your door last year

Kindest Regards
    Ram katave

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices