Berkeley Motor Company Complaints & Reviews

Berkeley Motor CompanyVehicle wasn't what it said it was

I bought a lovely corsa VXR from Berkeley motor company, the manager seemed ever so nice, polite and he told me everything I needed to know about the car.. Well so I thought..
I got in the car to test drive it, "I can hear a real weird scraping noise what is that?" To which he replied the brake pads are going to be changed.. So he's taken me out in a car with dodgy brakes for a start.. He was then trying to encourage me to put my foot down?! (I didn't want to do this as I was worried the brakes wouldn't work properly).
I spotted bits and bobs that needed changing on the car..
Finally went ahead to buy the car.. He said a certain date (wasn't ready for that day had to wait another week or so)
Picked it up there was no fuel in it, would have been nice to have at least a quarter of a tank..
The bonnet which had been resprayed was a slight different colour to the rest of the car (may sound petty but to me it was really noticeable?)
About a month later my brake discs went, he said he'd sort out the alloys they were completely scratched had to change them and the tyres myself! The car wasn't balanced properly on the wheels it was all over the place. One of the suspension springs was snapped the whole bottom of the car looked awful, a rust heaven! The front bumper was cracked..
All this happened a month after I bought it and it claimed to have a full service history?! If you say so!!
When I went back to him to ask him about it saying I wanted to speak to the person who did the service he got really snotty towards me!
I bought that car off him for about £6000, I then went on to spend a further £2000 fixing the bloody thing!
It ended up being a lovely little car!
I don't think any sales person should be like this towards customers! As for the cars, he shouldn't be allowed to sell any! He'll end up killing someone one day! One horrible man!

I won't be returning there any time soon, I also encourage other people to stay away!

Berkeley Motor CompanyDefects with used car

My son bought a used car from Berkeley Motor Company in Gloucestershire, shortly afterwards he came to visit the family in the East Midlands where I run a car repair business with my brother. My son said that a warning light came on during the journey to us so we investigated and found that the engine management light had come on. With diagnostic equipment we discovered that both the oxygen sensors were faulty and with these having an impact upon emissions we replaced them both. While the car was with us we carried out a safety check and found that the OSF lower suspension arm ball joint was excessively worn and unsafe, we replaced this and serviced the car (at our expense) as this was overdue. My son spoke to someone at Berkeley Motor Company regarding this and was told that they would pay for the parts, totaling just over £190.00. My son was given an email address so we could email an invoice which we tried on several occasions without success, this was at the end of Feb 2015. On June 12th 2015 I emailed Berkeley Motor Company via their website and received a phone call from a member of staff, I tried explaining the situation but the individual was quite dismissive and resulting in raising my voice, he became very obnoxious and hung up, I called back and the call was answered by another member of staff who maintained no-one else was on site, I then called 1471 to confirm the first caller phoned from the business premises which he did. I called back and the first member of staff answered and gave me the number for the business owner, someone called Zane. The conversation started off fine but then he accused me of abusing and threatening his staff which was not the case, yes, I raised my voice but never abused or threatened anybody. Zane then proceeded to threaten me with violence and I was bombarded with a tirade of abuse involving unrepeatable obscenities, I reciprocated as I was not about to be intimidated by this low life. I pity anyone who has the misfortune to deal with this company.

Berkeley Motor CompanyBAD TRADING PRINCIPLES

I bought a car from berkeley motor company 3 weeks ago being assured all is working as it should with no faults and 2 keys.
this was not the case the car came with only one key(not as advertised) and a very sketchy service history.
it soon camer apparent that the car was not as described as immaculate inside and out so i contacted them to air my concerns but from the word go it i got was excuses like will call back or the man you need to speak to about warranties isnt available.
when i eventually got hold of the man he wasnt interested in replacing the missing key or the alarm which did not work .
i seemed to be getting nowhere so after taking advice i decided to write a letter explaining my concerns but the day before i had catastrophic engine failiure on the way home from work so i phoned them straight away but the man at the other end of the phone was abusive and rude and said bring the car back at my cost but being over 150miles away it was going to cost a lot to send it back to them for inspection and repair.
i added this concern to my letter of complaint and posted it recorded delivery which was received by them early this week, i informed them i would be bringing the car back this week as requested for inspection and repair in the letter and by email which i received no reply whatsoever.
the car was picked up on thursday(12th feb) and taken to them but on arrival the driver was met by 2 very rude and abusive men refusing to accept the car, blocking of any attempt to remove it from the trailer with another car .
the driver had to leave with my car still on the trailer as he was concerned about the safety of his vehicle and my car also being threatened with physical harm if he didnt leave.
the driver manage to get one of them to sign the delivery note but he wrote refused delivery across the paperwork.
THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM AUTOTRADER FOR LIFE BEFORE THEY RIP SOMEONE ELSE OFF!!!
i am now taking legal action against this company under the sale of goods act 1979.