ADVERTISIMENT

Barbara Mazur Complaints & Reviews

Barbara MazurUnprofessional, unhealthy practices

I recently inquired about an adult Ragdoll Barbara Mazur was selling on ebay. When I emailed her, she said it would be $350. I asked if she was spayed, or if she could spay her beforehand, and her exact response to me was "NOPE, you can spay her for really cheap or FREE at some places, so she's 350.00 without spaying" This set off some alarms, and I should have gone with my gut here. When I backed away, explaining that I did not want to put the cat through the trauma of a surgery shortly after being re-homed, and offered her more MONEY to spay her, she finally agreed. I asked for photos which I never got. She claimed to not have any, and I kept waiting for her to take some. Another red flag, shame on me. In all of her emails, she never even gave me her name or contact number. Unfortunately for me, I provided her with mine, as she requested in her ad. More on that in a bit. So my instincts got the best of me, and I googled her name and "cattery" (if you can call it that?) on the internet. I read bad review after bad review claiming she breeds sick animals in poor conditions, etc. That was enough for me~ I wrote and politely explained that I had read some reviews and no longer felt comfortable purchasing the cat (which I still had not even received a photo of). She wrote back, mostly caps and explanation points, claiming that the accusations were false. I wrote back (always polite and professionl) saying she should not be selling un-spayed cats without background checking in the first place, anyway. She came back with another mouthy email, and then called my home with a blocked number asking if I was a cat breeder? She proceeded to unleash, but I quickly hung up the phone. She also emailed me again accusing me of being a breeder, trying to "plot" against her with my "breeder" friends, and lying...I am actually quite un-nerved that this woman has my contact information. BUYER BEWARE!!! Do not purchase an animal from this woman, I would not take your chances. If she cares for her animals in any way close to how she interacts with human beings, I fear for their well being. Big mistake reaching out to this woman~

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Lu
      LuckyKittyPaws1999 May 31, 2016

I purchased a kitten from Barbara Mazur in 1999. Lucky was a beautiful kitten and cat and had no health issues most of her life.
      It was only until one year ago she lost her eyesight. I had to have her euthanized Feb 25, 2016. She was the purrfect pet.. I would like another one and I am hoping to find Barbara since she may know of Lucky's sibblings and offspring. She was a great cat. If you have her contact info or can help please email. Thanks so much.

Barbara Mazur — Ragdolls

I contacted Barbara on March. 11th because I saw an add on Kijiji.com that she was selling two female cats. I...

ADVERTISIMENT