ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services Logo

ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services

Having problems with ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services?

ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 6, 2008. The latest review Refusing to relocate was posted on Jul 6, 2021. The latest complaint Refusing to relocate was resolved on Jul 06, 2021. ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 38 reviews. ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services has resolved 15 complaints.

ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services Customer Service Contacts

9901 Linn Station Road
Louisville, Kentucky
United States - 40223–3808
Additional Location
10140 Linn Station Rd, Louisville, KY 40223

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services Customer Service. Initial ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services. Discuss the issues you have had with ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services Complaints & Reviews

ResCare / BrightSpring Health ServicesRefusing to relocate

On Monday July 5 2021 I arrived at house #217 in Beverly WV around 6:45pm.My scheduled shift was 7pm-7am. This is also the house I would normally work as I have been in that location the entire time I've been employed through Rescare NE. The house was scheduled to have 2 people that night. The second night shift staff was due to arrive at 8:00 p.m. around 15 till 7:00 we received a phone call from Gladys a supervisor from a different area asking to speak to that staff. Once she arrived she probably returned the phone call and was asked to clock out and go to a different location where she had never been trained and wasn't familiar with the area. She declined that offer because she was not comfortable doing so. After refusing Gladys didn't have to speak to me. I was asked to do the same. I also refused due to the fact that I have not been trained at that house and wasn't familiar with the area. Once I refuse Gladys then told me that I would have to take it up with Katie the supervisor for our area that she was told to give me the message that since I had more seniority than anyone in the house and was refusing I needed to clock out and go home. I got off the phone with Gladys and called my supervisor. She advised me that if I did not go to the other location that I needed to clock out and go home. I asked why I would have to lose my hours due to what they had going on somewhere else. I had showed up 15 minutes early for my shift and had been clocked in and working for just a little over an hour when all of this happened. I explained to Katie that I couldn't afford to lose the hours and ask again what the reason was. She explained to me that if I didn't do it it would cause another supervisor to have worked 5 days in a row. I then asked have been working 5 days in a row was more of an issue than me losing my hours and being short on my pay. Katie was very clear that she didn't feel a supervisor should have to work 5 days in a row that it was more important for them not to than me being short my hours from not going. I then explain that I was not trained at that house and that I knew without training I was allowed to refuse. I understand that it had I been trained and refused a
corrective action could be taken. That was not the case. For years I have worked Monday Wednesday Friday and Saturday one week Monday Wednesday and Friday the next. Katie reminded me that they didn't have to run that schedule threatening that she would change it. My schedule had nothing to do with the issue and I should not have been threatened by it being changed bc I refused. I stated that I would not be bullied into doing something I wasn't comfortable doing and that I would take it up with human resources and call the Union. Katie told me that my every other Day schedule wasn't part of the Union yet I pay union dues that's taken out of every paycheck. I was told "end of discussion "and had no other communications &
had to clock out and leave my shift.

• ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services's response · Jul 15, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Having a good workplace culture is something we value. If you experienced issues, we certainly want to know so that we can review. Please consider sharing more information about your experience so we can continue to improve by contacting [email protected]

Jul 02, 2021

ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services — Rescare staff

Some of The staff at Rescare in Bedford Indiana are unprofessional, very rude, and treat other staff/client...

ResCare / BrightSpring Health ServicesUnsafe working conditions / neglect

DSP (direct support professionals) fighting in the parking lot with tasers and sleeping on the job. I worked in Lake City Cluster as a nurse and I was personally harassed, intimidated and threatened by a handful of DSP's, management did nothing. I called their compliance hotline and it took almost 2 hours to file a complaint because the woman hardly spoke English I had to spell out almost every word to her.

ResCare / BrightSpring Health Serviceshome care

My mother Ethel Geathers went without care on Saturday night and Sunday night of this weekend. She is serviced by the Georgetown, SC offices. She was not contacted about who was going to be there, nor was she informed that whoever was scheduled would not be there at all. Melixxa and Saretta have both assured that my mother would never be without assistance. My mother relies heavily on a walker, especially after having broken her hip, and does not have the use of one hand. SHE HAD TO GO TO THE KITCHEN TO GET FOOD AND COULD ONLY HANDLE GETTING YOGURT. This is unacceptable. It is NEGLIGENCE. And on top of this, with all the numbers available to call, there is NO ANSWERING SERVICE. This is NOT a properly run health care organization if you can't reach anyone when the expected help does not arrive.

• Vi
          Violetgirl Jun 11, 2021

I was a nurse in lake city fl for 1 1/2 months recently I was harressed and threatened because I woke up a sleeping DSP. Another DSP slept in her car for 4 hours and I was not allowed to reprimand of course I quit. I also witnessed neglect and verbal abuse. They cover things up so they dont get tagged. I called state and compliance and spoke with a woman whom hardly even spoke english so so sad im sure nothing has been done.

ResCare / BrightSpring Health ServicesTax information

My name is Madison Vannatta and I am a former employee for Rescare my employee number was 0613700 and I was able at one point to log into Brightspring and see all my tax and payment information I no longer can access that. The address that was on file when I worked for Rescare is not the correct address and I need to be able to access or change my address please let me know what I need to do in order to get my W-2 thank you in advance.

RESOLVED

ResCareStaff working at treeline in terre haute

The staff there is very unprofessional there have been multiple times the staff have messed up meds and giving them to the wrong clients and covered it up. The DSL picks favorites and does not treat DSPs equally there. There is no order and no one seems to care for the clients. Lack of communication and lying. They have covered up many serious issues and do not inform house manager of things taking place. Instead they spend more time trying to run new people and poc out of the house. Nurse that is over the house is very neglectful as well. DSL has being lying to other workers in the house and starting drama as well.

Dec 20, 2020

ResCare — Management

I work for the company of Rescare located in Manhattan, Kansas. Since I've worked for this company...

ResCareMail drop off - main office on court house road

Ami Rae Powell 9-25-86 is a consumer at Rescare Harmon School road, Princeton, WV. I am the guardian. Due to corona I am not allowed to go there, so last week I dropped her birthday card/with money at the main office. They assured me she would get it by last Friday. She still hasn't received it. My question: where is it? Who has it? Why did she not get it?

• ResCare / BrightSpring Health Services's response · Jul 15, 2021

Ensuring that customers are cared for with respect and integrity is our number one priority. Please consider sharing more information about your experience so we can continue to improve by contacting [email protected]

Feb 04, 2020

ResCare — administrative and managerial staff - ineffective communication, inadequate coordination of care

My father, Cottrell Wesson is a Veteran who receives services from your Jennings, Louisiana location. A...

Jan 15, 2020

ResCare — staff, specifically tracy and jimmy/james.

There has been many incidence with a staff named Jimmy. He neglected to give my brother (Darwin Burket) hi...

Dec 08, 2019

ResCare — Complaint against kathy cna home care worker

To Whom It May Concern: My family and I are complaining against the CNA who comes in to clean twice a week...

Dec 01, 2019

ResCare — the manager

Hello, I am trying to contact someone about the house on Colorado st in kingman AZ. I was just laid off from...

Aug 22, 2019

ResCare — unprofessional

I started Rescare in January 2019. The house I signed up for were the hours I was available to work (I wa...

Aug 07, 2019

ResCare — unethical behavior

I'm dying of cancer. 8 months ago, I contacted ResCare Home Care to have in home help once a week. ResCare...

Aug 05, 2019

Rescare-BSH-Kimsey House Wilkesboro NC — people sleeping and neglecting their jobs/proof

I have access to pictures of employees at kimsey house in wilkesboro, nc. Too many times have I heard and...

Jul 11, 2019

ResCare — employment

I recently accepted a supervisor job at this company. It is salary but no balance if you work 50 hrs a week...

ResCaredietary department

Having worked at Outwood in Dawson Springs Ky for over a year I came to realize it's not about the individuals that live there it's about the office staff, the maintenance and whoever else is higher up ! The individuals so not get what they really need food wise they get served the same thing over and over and yes there is a dietitian there it's the 2nd one in a year . The office staff and the higher ups get served steak and whatever else there hearts desire all they do is make a request and no matter the cost it will be there for them. There was a high dollar grill bought just for the office staff and higher ups not once has it been used for the individuals. They cut back on the plastic bibs for the individuals and say only 1 box per cottage but yet they are eating steak in the canteen they take 2 days just to prepare desserts for 1 day ! We started out with 2 gators to haul food to cottages they got upset with us took 1 of them and left us with 1 gator to haul food to 4 cottages then they got upset again and took one of the seats out of the gator so the rest of the kitchen staff would have to walk to cottages after 3 months of punishing us we got our seat back. It's all linked backed to when Amber Brown took over kitchen and made Traci Hackman her assistant in the kitchen first of all on the year I had been there it only takes 1 person to do canteen but yet there's 3 or 4 and an assistant 5 days a week doing canteen for staff when the cooks struggle daily on cottages to prepare for for staff and individuals . If someone would ask dietary staff not Amber or Traci how it truly is it would blow your mind !!! And now I quit I loved my individuals I loved my job but when u get put down daily for not brown nosing or waiting on office staff and the higher ups u are made to feel worthless. I feel like the individuals aren't getting what they deserve or need !

Feb 09, 2019

ResCare — having a felon working in customers homes, and they say they do background checks.

This women is working in patients home that still has a felony record of embezzlement from a local...

Jan 07, 2019

ResCare — non payment of a refund

This company Rescare - was quick to take a check from me in the amount of $3456 on Oct 17th, 2019 for care...

ResCare — overwhelmed

The put some much work on the HR/QAs. Don't have enough time to spend with family members. Constantly staying...