Ray Riling Arms BooksFraudulent activity

A

Ordered a book on their website on August 05, 2009. My credit card was charged by $82.95 right away. Got a order confirmation by e-mail, since then no reply from their side despite several inquiries from my side. Obviously the book never arrived.

Avoid this company!

• Valerie Nov 28, 2008

On october the 25th I ordered a book on the site of Ray Riling arms books. I got a confirmation by mail, and my card was charged for US$ 113, 95. Book plus shipping. Until today, no book, no reply, nothing.

Ray Riling seems to be no longer in business!!!

• Gh
    ghopkins Oct 01, 2009

I ordered a book from Ray Rilings Arms Books in July. He charged my credit card for $52.00. He sent an emial confirmation of the purchase and a receipt. I have sent several emails and he never answers and his telephone voicemail is full. Caution... Don't go near this guy... Nothing but frustrations.

PacoP Oct 05, 2009

I totally agree with this complaint. This same company has acted exactly like with me.

They did charge my credit card and they have not send me even an email message, or indeed the book I had acquired.

Unfortunately only saw this complaint when I had made the order.

Armitchler Oct 07, 2009

This company is reputable and has been in business for over 60 years. What you may not know is that the owner has been gravely ill, and has not been able to respond to such inquiries. This is a family owned company and they are trying to make every such effort to respond to all inquries as soon as they are able. I know this because I used to work there, and their attention to customer service was one of their number one reasons for repeat business from the federal government on down to the single firearms owner.

PacoP Oct 20, 2009

Today I received the book.

It is wonderful and just what I had ordered and paid for.

I APOLOGIZE for my earlier comment about this company, and certainly will return to do my shopping with them. The only complaint I have is on customer service, but I saw that the person responsible has been seriously ill, so I also apologize to him.

• Be
    Bert v W Oct 27, 2009

I ordered some books one and half month ago and my order was happely accepted. My MasterCard had been charged, but no books. No reply on my e-mails and no one will answer the telephone. Please avoid this company.

• Ai
    aivar Nov 21, 2009

I wish I could agree on latest comments, but NO. They haven't answered to any of my inquiries during 3 months and haven't sent back the money charged. It's not a way doing business, no matter what the reasons are.

John Vorster Dec 14, 2009

Ordered 3 books on 25 Sep 09 from Ray Riling. They confirmed order No. WEB 0007313 They sent two books - the third book (Cost $149.95) never arrived. e-mail fails to get through, tel no supplied by RR [protected]) has been disconnected. From a disgusted South African - what now? Of course they took the money!

• Do
    Doorgunner Dec 29, 2009

I agree with aivar. I was conned by this guy too and I don't really don't care whatever the reason he has for not delivering. If I got sick I'd have to either stop doing business or get somebody else to handle them for me meanwhile. This is fraud and if I'd pulled something like that on my customers, I'd get fired and my company would eventually get sued.

Arlene Beam Feb 09, 2010

I bought a book from them written by my Father on the 5th October 09, got the confirmation email, have been charged $143.26 New Zealand dollars which came off my visa and to date have not received my book. If they can't deliver my purchase then they must refund me my money, am now really fed up and if need be will take further action grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, will never deal with them again, have tried to phone heaps of times and no one ever answers, help please

Arlene Beam Feb 09, 2010

I bought a book from them written by my father on the 5th October 09, got the confirmation email, have been charged $143.26 New Zealand dollars which came off my bisa and to date have not receibed my book. I have had to pay this money, have tried to phone and always get the answering serivce, have sent heaps of email and no reply. I they cannot deliver my goods then they must refund my money, am really fed up and will not deal with them again.

• Ro
    Rooked in Reno Mar 07, 2010

"Armitchler" and "PacoP" write like they are aliases for Ray Riling. Family owned indeed. He got $77.90 of my money from a personal check I sent them on Sept. 20, 2009 for 4 books and none of the books have arrived yet and it is March 7, 2010. He wasn't too sick to cash my check. Five plus months isn't enough to complete my order? Conman, crook, bunko artist, and theif are all descriptives that come to my mind.

PAflash Mar 08, 2010

Yes... Ray Riling Books (Larry Riling) has certainly went out of business and has been cashing customers checks without sending the books. They also have defrauded many large distributors and publishers. As seen on the Arms & Militaria press website Bucks County Books at http://www.amazon.com/shops/buckscountybooks2893 seems to be selling off stock for Larry, (Ray Riling Books) All who may contemplate sending money to either Bucks County Books or Ray Riling Books are warned to proceed with extreme caution.

• Gr
    Graphic Publishers Aug 31, 2010

We sold books to Ray Riling Arms Books Company for a number of years on net 30-day terms, and everything went as it should. Then in December 2008 Joe Riling placed a large (for us: over $1, 200.00) phone order, which we shipped as usual.
    That was the last communication we ever had with them. We call -- no answer. We send statements (including late fees) and write collection letters -- no response whatsoever.
    Another publisher said they'd heard the company went bankrupt -- does anyone know for sure? If so, we should all make claims.
    I understand Larry Riling is very sick -- but I agree with the others: the Riling Co. shouldn't be taking peoples' money (or goods) and not delivering product or payment.
    It sounds especially ominous -- if indeed another retailer is selling off their stock, it's a scam, and I guess we should start notifying the authorities in PA.

PAflash Jan 29, 2011

Again we find Larry Riling (of Ray Riling Arms Books) out there trying to sell off stock under another different name. No one knows if this stock was claimed during his bankruptcy, and no one knows if this stock even exists, but now he is believed to be selling under the name "The Gun Book Co." through Alibris & Abes Books. Anyone wishing to verify this, or get contact info, can simply "Google" this name. He's also been found selling on eBay with the "handle" riling1. As everyone above will attest, anyone doing business with this man should proceed with extreme caution.

• Ju
    justlettingyouknow Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Riling died in March of 2009, I'm sure his family tried their best to fill orders place on his website after his death but it probably took them a while to get the site down.

• Ju
    justlettingyouknow Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Riling died in March of 2009, I'm sure his family tried their best to fill orders placed on his website after his death but it probably took them a while to get the site down.

PAflash Apr 17, 2013

Again Larry Riling is out there selling more books on eBay... I'm wondering why he hasn't been arrested for selling off stock not claimed when he filed bankruptcy and defrauded hundreds of people and several large distributors by ordering large orders directly before he filed bankruptcy. Now he's selling off stock on eBay under the name of Aegis Book Distributors... Be careful dealing with this guy, (as can be seen by all the scam reports all over the internet) he's proven that he's not above criminal activity and fraud... If you note all the yellow manuals he's selling, those were published by Arms & Militaria Press, you should hear what they have to say about Mr. Riling and how he treated them...

• Sl
    SleeplessnaShadow Jul 04, 2013

Joseph Raymond Riling
    born: 25 Mar 1924
    died: 20 Mar 2009, last residence was Bridgeport, PA
    Raymond Joseph Riling (twin brother of Joe)
    born: 25 Mar 1924
    died: 17 Dec 2010, last residence was Philadelphia
    Lawrence "Larry" M. Riling, son of Joseph, filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Phillie December 4, 2009. Part of assets listed were the leftovers from Ray Riling Books, whick amounted to $1800 in books. The court allowed him to keep the books.

PAflash Sep 06, 2017