Ramsond Corporation / Split AVStay away from them

D

We bought a split AC unit in April for an addition to our house. Installation was costly and in late July the compressor went out. We had a licensed AC tech out and sent the report to Ramsond and we can't get an answer out of them. They are having to "think" about whether they are going to replace the compressor. Please just sent it to me so I can spend more money to have it replaced.

Joe Electrician Aug 20, 2014

I bought a Ramsond split from the Home Depot. No remote control in the box. You can't run it with out it. Called Ramsond. They told me they were shipping one right out. Just BS like the story above. They don't have any parts. I'm tearing it out and taking it back to the store.

• Tr
    Treeder Jul 01, 2013

I TOO HAVE NOTHING BUT A RUN AROUND. THE PARTS NEEDED TO REPAIR MY SPLIT UNIT THEY SAY, IS COMING FROM CHINA. HOWEVER AFTER TWO MONTHS ITS STILL COMING FROM CHINA. THEY DO NOT STOCK PARTS, THEIR SERVICE IS VERY SAD TO SAY THE LEAST. WE ARE AND ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR AND WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE AGAIN. I SUGGEST YOU BUY ANOTHER BRAND AND CHECK TO SEE IF PARTS ARE AVAILABLE IF NEEDED. TOM

• Dw
    dwigth Jun 15, 2013

I had the same issues with them. I love there response to the customer above. Competitor???whatever...OMG how do companys like you stay in business. I noticed you now sell through Home DEPOT. This is really going to hurt you now. They won't your pathetic product. Chris in technical support should work in a place where he never has contact with the human race.
    DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT OR FOR THAT MATTER ANYTHING ELSE THEY ARE SELLING

• Mi
    mike78613 Sep 09, 2011

Purchased an 18, 000 BTU A/C-Heat pump 15 months ago. Last week, fan blades on condenser unit fan (made of composite material) self-destructed sending fragments into condenser coil, also condenser fan motor bracket broke (not sure what broke initially, fan blade or motor bracket). This type of damage is an indicator of defective parts and/or defective design. Ramsond would not replace as 1 year warrantly was out 3 months ago. Parts are $155 for fan and $45 for bracket; plus if the condenser coil has been punctured an A/C repairman will be needed to repair coil (if possible) and recharge the unit (cost ??). Overall, too much money to spend on what is clearly a defective product. Dealer and RAMSOND company/importer provide NO SUPPORT unless you count selling parts for defective components. This is one of those situations where you cut your losses and purchase another manufacture's product rather than continue to waste money on a defective product.
    NOTE: I also called Chris and was offered no support other than to buy the parts.
    SUMMARY: Stay away from this product.

• Am
    Amjohnson Jun 27, 2011

We are having the same problem with Ramsond. I have been waiting over 3 weeks for a compressor to come from over seas. We spoke to someone named Chris. I have been trying to contact Ramsond all day (June 27, 2011) and all i get is a busy signal. I have no reason to lie and I am sure those other people have no reason also. Just honor you product and & warranty. The numbers I have been dailing are [protected] and [protected]. If there is another number I would love to have it.

• Ra
    Ramsond1 May 25, 2010

Your DISHONESTY amazes us. First, you never purchased anything from us. Second, you are most likely one of our comptetitors trying to discredit us. SHAME ON YOU.

If you were a real customer, you would simply contact us and we would ship out the requested part.