Rainsoft Water Treatment Systemswater spots

D

For well over 2 years now I have been battling terrible water spots on everything the water drys on, ie shower enclosures, fixtures, coffee caraffes etc. Local dealer and manufacturer have tried to remedy the problem but to no avail. I have paid for private testing that shows corrosivity and sodium in the residue that dries. Rainsoft says because their tests show proper numbers then the unit is working properly. They do say (and what sold me on the unit) was it is virtually spot free. It was working properly for roughly two years and then trouble brewed and we can't seem to get rid of the spotting. The salt content in the water is so bad it has etched my glass shower doors and aluminum rails and it has etched my coffee pots.Everywhere there is a water spot it will dry and leave a residue. Nothing we do helps!

• Bd
    bdecastro77 Jan 14, 2010

Try Potassium Cloride instead of Salt for cleaning your Rainsoft Unit.

• Bd
    bdecastro77 Jan 14, 2010

This should work... If not then call the Main Rainsoft offices, you will be taken care of.

• Aj
    A. J. (Tony) Oct 16, 2010

instead of salt? In the outside softener section? Where we have loaded a ton of Norton softener salt! Our dishes are ugly, and the comodes are ringed and stained. We had a Sears water soften for years and none of these problems. Now in a new house and two years of Rain Soft, I am disturbed!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices