The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Protection One — Rip off
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Protection One Security has a 2 year contract that is written to make you think it's for 2 years, but if you don't cancel on your 2 year anniversary, or in my case they lost my cancellation request, Protection One Security will automatically renew contract continually in 1 year intervals.
After 6 months of paying extra monthly payments (2 1/2 years total) and calling continuously I stopped paying and they turned me over to collections. 6 more months of dealing with collection companies (refusing to pay what I don't owe) they started reporting unpaid collection account to credit agencies. This all took place between [protected]. It is now 5 years later and they are still reporting it to credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion and Experian) every month.
I am sure other companies use this strategy also (alarm, gym, etc.) but Protection One Security is the one that screwed me and continues to do so.
More Protection One Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Stay away from Protection One!
- Protection One - Early Termination Fees
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers
- Protection One - Service Contracts and poor customer service
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection One - termination fee
- Protection One - Rip Off!!!!
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare
- Protection One(Orlando Fl) - Business was broken into