Proactive SolutionsUnauthorized billing

I ordered the proactive one time for my daughter so she could try the product. Two months later, the company sent me another package in the mail along with an invoice for $45.00 as though I had signed up for some kind of regular shipment program or something. I had NOT! At no time was there even a place to make such a commitment. When I told them they screwed up they insisted I send them the product back to them! I told them that they sent me a gift and I wasn't going to pay for it. It was their fault they screwed up and that their predatory practices bit them this time!

BEWARE PEOPLE, if you order something from this company they will send you other products and try to make you pay! Don't pay! You are not obligated to pay for something you did not order!

• Fi
    FirePhoenix Aug 03, 2014

Well, I am considering ordering this online. I am well aware that this is a membership and they will automatically take out of my account each month. I came on here hoping to get reviews, not complaints about where people screwed up by jumping into this century long enough to order something for a good price, then jumping back out when it came time for the next shipment. Seriously people, if you want something NOT taken out of your account, call your banks and tell them to stop any future purchases from them. It really isn't hard to do, takes all of about 10 minutes of your time.
    That said, I think I might go find me some real reviews and then order.

• Je
    JennPavlov Jul 07, 2014

Terrible.
    I ordered a box of proactiv + for the first time an paid about $48 total.
    For my orders, i specifically indicated to have a shipment every 22 weeks since i didn't want to pay for a box every other month or so. To my surprise i receive another box in the mail the following month. I checked my account and noticed they deducted $54 for this purchase - the same amount listed in my order history for all of the items, including their "free gifts". I figured i would keep this and call to cancel my membership. No sooner was i able to call them when i received a bill in the mail stating i owed another $88 for the same box! i emailed customer service and they indicated because they sent me a 90-day supply (never did i authorize a 90 day supply) the initial $54 was for shipping and processing fees, the remaining balance of $88 was the cost of the merchandise. Are you kidding me? No where ever did it say while i was purchasing this product that they would charge so much, especially for a product of which i indicated i only needed a 1 month supply at a time. While the product is decent at best, the billing/charging system is a total rip-off. Do not order from this place.

• Same problem here. Twice now I have contacted Customer Support and twice they have guaranteed me a refund for already debited charges, plus a confirmation email of my cancellation. I have yet to receive either. The employee ID number given to me at the time of cancellation was bogus. No employee with that ID number was employed by their company as I was led to believe. Can anyone say "Class Action"? Does anyone here have the number to a decent attorney that handles class action suits? I am more than willing to contribute toward attorney fees to see this issue get national attention in hopes to prevent others from being taken advantage of this way. This is a criminal act, no matter how you try to spin it!

• Co
    Consciouscool May 21, 2013

Same deal, 3 months later they reactivated my account. This is ILLEGAL. See following
    Federal Law
    These rules are codified in Title 39, United States Code, Section 3009. That section of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 incorporates these protections for American consumers and makes the mailing of unordered merchandise unfair methods of competition and unfair trade practices under the law.

If you do not wish to pay for unsolicited merchandise or make a donation to a charity sending such an item, you may do one of three things (in each case, by law, you have no obligation to the sender):

If you have not opened the package, you may mark it "Return to Sender, " and the Postal Service will return it with no additional postage charged to you.
    If you open the package and don't like what you find, you may throw it away.
    If you open the package and like what you find, you may keep it for free. In this instance, "finders-keepers" applies unconditionally.
    Furthermore, it is illegal for a company that sends you unordered merchandise to follow the mailing with a bill or dunning communication.

If you are aware of violations of the federal law prohibiting the mailing of unordered merchandise, or if you have personally had difficulty with such items--especially if you are sent statements demanding payment for the merchandise--you should contact you local postmaster or the nearest Postal Inspector.

• Pi
    [email protected] May 14, 2013

Same thing here.. I have canceled at least 5 times and even called back to verify the cancellation and a couple months alter they charge/ship again.. My bank even called them as part of a fraud resolution on the disputed charge and they LIED TO THE BANK and said I never canceled and am still an active member!!! What BS this is after canceling multiple times with multiple confirmation calls!! PROACTIV is a POS company to deal with. A true world class slum shop!

• Jr
    JRiddle Feb 19, 2013

Just a quick update. My contact at the FTC was very responsive and we are now in the process of opening up an investigation. ProActive should have really considered their subscription trap technique a little more carefully. If the investigation formalizes (which there is a good chance it will), this will likely have a big impact on Jessica Simpson's royalty check.

• Jr
    JRiddle Feb 19, 2013

I've had the exact same problem. After the product did not work, we did cancel the product over the phone. However, we still received the product and were billed for it the next month. When we called AGAIN, the customer service rep apologies, reaffirmed that our membership was cancelled and stated they would send a return label for a refund. Well here we are two months later, no label, no more product but still being billed on a monthly basis. After 3 calls and the same run around I've had enough. Thankfully, I work in the DC area and have a good friend who works for the Federal Trades Commission. I've requested that the Federal Government open up an investigation for consumer fraud. We'll see how this all turns out but if the FTC gets on the case, I assure you ProActive will be on the hook for reparations as well as exposed for an additional class action law suit.

• 00
    00712S Jan 16, 2013

It states right on the internet site, that it is a REPLENISHMENT PROGRAM, if you do not call within the first 30 days you will receive another kit. When you receive your first initial 30 day kit, there is a invoice attached that TELLS YOU AS WELL, and what date the next product will be shipped and for how much. It has a 60 day money back guarantee meaning if you want your money back you HAVE TO ship the product back!!! Its not that hard to read people, always read the fine print!!!

SanOnPad Sep 18, 2012

I ordered by phone and I do NOT recall anything about a membership. I even refused when asked if I wanted to try additional products and said that I didn't want to order ANYTHING else until I see how this works first. My checking account has an ovberdraft fee due to them debiting my account and me NOT expecting it! I am livid.

• Sd
    sduran81 Aug 07, 2012

Had horrible customer service. I emailed last month to cancel my account and I never received a reply. I called the automated service and canceled my subscription and was told i had to pay my balance of $29. I did. Yet today, a month later I'm being charged again. I called the customer service number and was hung up on. I called again and was put on hold then transferred and was told I wont get my money back for 4-6 more weeks.They deny me calling the first time to cancel and couldn't tell me anything about the email. Horrible service. I want my money back. I haven't even received any products but I'm being charged. How dare they steal from people?

no more extra cash Apr 03, 2012

Talk about a rip off...My advice to everyone ...buy from your local drug store!!! I too have been a victim of this company taking money from my account long after I complained it does not work and stop sending me anything, yet they send it time and time again..I still have not received any refunds just more forms to fill out and send to them, which looks like the forms are directed right to their shredder machine. Every complaint on this page applies to me too. How long will they get away with this kind of stealing???

• Ag
    Aggregated mom Nov 11, 2011

All I can say is WOW, I should had gotten on here before I even thought about ordering this product. The lady who commented earlier on how stupid we are for not following directions... Well honey there wasn't any. I'm a single mother of two, I keep close watch on my account because money is tight. I seen where I was in the negative because of this company. When I called and complained and the nice gentlemen said just return it and we will refund your money. Hahaha! Well first off you have to have the product to return it. I waited another week and nothing. So I called back and the lady says, well honey you cancelled your order. No kidding..., so where's my money! Grrrr!!! Yes... Never order this online. They get you! And yes I blame proactive!!!

• Ju
    just_saying Sep 22, 2011

I thought I was doing something nice for my daughter in law and now these rip off artists will not refund my money for a package she never received. They cant give you a tracking number because "There is not a tracking number available for our shipments since they are shipped in bulk. If you requested rush shipping the shipping time is 5-7 business days from the time it leaves our warehouse." WOW that is not what their website says it says order in before 3pm will ship the next day
    We have never received the product (now more than a month later) and they want to hassle me about a refund

Their customer service is some of the worst I have encountered

• Co
    Consumer311 Sep 15, 2011

I too have been ripped off by this stupid company, I was promised my subscription was cancelled but I have been charged twice! $120 is what they took from me, they claim they haven't received the packages and therefore will not refund me, they are so frustrating to deal with and are very deceiving, they will lie to you and will not tell you true facts. Buyer be WARE!!!
    Does anyone from Canada still have the packaging the product came in, I need to find out the address off of that because that's where I sent it and supposedly they never received it! I am trying to track it down, please help!

• Un
    Unhappy in Pittsburgh Jun 26, 2011

We have also experienced a terrible problem with ProActive...we were loyal customers for years, while my daughter was in high school and college.
    She even continued the product when she moved on her own. She did not receive a kit and telephoned the company to advise them of that. She stated
    to customer service that she was not paying for a product she did not receive.They turned her into a collectyion agency for $50.38. The collection agency
    called my daughter and own home constantly threatening us. When we tried to explain our situation they would hang up on us. I telephoned the Manager at ProActive, Debbie to once again try to explain our situation and she said once our account is turned over to a collection agency there is nothing she can do.
    HOWEVER, if we pay the $50.38 she can have the account cleared.(Rip off) I am going to pay the $50.38 so my daughter does not get bad credit...it is sad ..
    we are paying for a product we did not receive. I am writing this so other innocent people are not ripped off by this company. They are not a good company...even to their loyal customers. Shame on them!!!

• Ca
    cateyesDR Jun 15, 2011

Wow! I wish I had known that Proactive likes to rip people off. I called in August of 2010 to cancel my account and they still billed and shipped me a package. After explaining to them that I had already cancelled almost a year before and they never should have sent me the new package, they refused to work with me. They did say that they would credit my account but that I was responsible for shipping the package back. I don't understand how someone can conduct business this way. I cancelled almost a year earlier and yet I'm resposible for returning the package. This means I have to find time to take the package in to have it shipped as well as pay for it...AND IT WAS THEIR ERROR. They are really ignorant. Not a good way to keep clients.

• Km
    K masters May 12, 2011

I ordered Proactive over the phone and was told I automatically would be enrolled in their automatic shipping program. There was no way around that option BUT once i received the first box, I could call that day and cancel the auto ship feature. I got the order on April 11 and called on April 11. The rep was helpful and took care of it. Then on April 26 I got billed for a shipment! I called, the rep said it was mistake and she saw I had cancelled on 4/11/11. She said i would be credited in 3-5 business days. Well, today is May 12 and NO CREDIT. I called again and cant get anyone to help me...now what??

marimari May 01, 2011

heeeeyyyy! I got rid of these suckers...finally!!! :)) I have contacted bbb and explained with details what they did to me... I hope no one will order their ### again, its bad anyway, but it makes me really upset to see they are still out there scamming people ...this is such a bad company!!!

marimari May 01, 2011

they stopped sending me products...because I never paid them, and I also contacted BBB . No kits or bills after that :))))

• Ta
    Tally618 Apr 19, 2011

I am going through the exact same problem! I ordered the proactive from the phone, and the rep said "We are offering a free month of vitamin supplements for you today too, we will include in your order." I told him REPEATEDLY that I just wanted the one month supply and not to sign me up for the monthly plan. He said okay. The following month, I got a charge taken right out of my bank account for not only the proactive, but a seperate one from a vitamin company! I called and was told just to return the product when I recieved it. I did. Guess what? Next month, same thing, and they never refunded for the month before. When I called customer service, I was irate! The girl said they never recieved the product back from me, and that it was a 90 day supply they sent, so I could expect another charge next month, too!

• Ad
    adampa Mar 19, 2011

Same thing! My son tried it for a while a few years ago and again about six months ago. Yesterday on the doorstep is an unauthorized order. I phoned and the customer service rep acts as if I ordered it - I just don't remember doing so. I am going to try calling my credit card company since the rep was adamant that the $39.95 was not coming off the account until they get the box back. If the credit company cannot assure me that they won't let Proactive charge my card in the future, I will ask that the card by cancelled and a new one sent to me. Don't open the package and you do not have to pay shipping to return the stuff. Mark the package "Refused - Return to Sender".

• St
    -stressed- Mar 14, 2011

I"m so upset right now. I don't know what else I can do.

My sisters and I wanted to try out Proactiv. After the first box, we decided we didn't like it. Then, the Proactiv system kept on coming to our house. We kept on writing, "Return To Sender." I didn't know the account information to log onto the Proactiv website to cancel my account. One day I finally went online to find the Proactiv number to call in and cancel. The account was cancelled, but then another box came in the mail not long after I made the call. Therefore I went to the Post Office to send the package. I paid $6.20 to ship the package back to Des Moines, Iowa, where the company is located. (It's where I've been receiving bills from too.) I received a bill from Proactiv for $99.95. My mother called in and said that we already mailed the package back to them. I mailed it more than a month ago, on February 11th, 2011. When my mother called, they told my mother that they did not receive the package and they want us to pay the amount. I don't know what's going to happen next. It was my mistake for not getting a tracking number for the package.

• Pr
    Proactive Billing Rip-Off Feb 24, 2011

Today they ripped me off like everyone else. This company prays on the young people. The product is okay, the business practices are very shady. I will have my AMEX card block this merchant. I only wanted one order not a repeat for a 3 month supply. Im pouring the crap down the drain.

• Th
    Themes09 Feb 04, 2011

WOW! It looks like my journey through hell is just begining with this company! I ordered Proactiv via internet about a year ago and started with the introduction rate of 19.99. Of course I am aware that if you dont cancel your order within the alotted time you will be billed for the packages they send you. After about 3 months of receiving the product I decided to cancel my order so I called customer service and told the lady about the not wanting any more mailing of this product and to cancel my order. I sent the package back as the rep told me to and that I would not receive anymore packages. 3 months later I have recieved another package. I will once again call customer service and send the package back and if I receive another kit I will talk to my lawyer about this cause it sounds like complaining is not getting anywhere.

• This is amazing! I've had all of the above issues with this company. I ordered it for my daughter about 2 years ago. After 3 shipments, I called and cancelled the membership because the product had actually made her skin worse. I was assured I would not receive any more shipments. 3 months later, I received another shipment with a bill. I called and attempted to cancel again. The girl sent me a return shipping label to return the product for free, which I immediately did. I never received another bill, so I assumed everything was taken care of. A month ago (9 months later), I received a bill from a collections agency. When I contacted Pro Activ, they claimed that they never received the returned product. The girl I talked to was plain stupid! I requested a call back from corporate and when she was reading my contact information back to me, she read off my account number as my phone number and my zip code as my account number. When I called her out on that, she said that it was 11:00 pm and that she was tired. Don't work at night then, right? Anyway, I got a call the next day from a person higher up apologizing for any inconvenience and promising me that my account had been removed from collections and that everything was cleared. Guess what... I just got another notice from collections! This is absolutely ridiculous. This many people can not be making this stuff up. They really need to be stopped.

• Br
    BrittneyL Sep 23, 2010

THEY ARE A TOTAL RIPPPP OFFFFF!!!
    I had a TERRIBLE experience... I ordered back in dec online when they had a deal for a 60 day supply for $29.95. so i ordered it. next month i get a 2nd charge $29.95. when i called they said it was 2 payments of $29.95 for 60 day supply. I was pissed and they wouldn't give me my money back but told me there would be no more charges...I believed them. Next month i received a $39.95 charge but no product. when i called they said i enrolled my self in auto renewal...and for those people that think teens are the only ones sucked in to it, it's not true... I'm 25 yrs old and work as a professional in a bank, ...i NEVER selected for that. and the lady said the only way to get my money back was to send it back when i received it. but she would TRY to stop it before it was sent out... Well i never received it, so i went about my daily life, I called my bank and put it in as a fraud charge and got my money back that way.
    One week ago...mind you 8months later...I get an e-mail from a collections agency that says i owe $60 to proactive, when i called they referred me to their customer service! i called spoke to a guy on the phone who was trying to justify that they could charge me for my bank taking the money back plus a payment for they order i supposedly got in February! I was telling him he was not listening to me because i shouldn't have to pay for a product or service i didn't receive! i asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he wouldn't help me either, but wouldn't transfer me... i told him i was going to get a lawyer and know what the CUSTOMER SERVICE rep said. "ma’am if im not going to help you neither is she, and go ahead and get your lawyer because this is one battle your not going to win!" then he said he was going to transfer me and disconnected me!
    I called right back and spoke to someone new who assured me that they could pull it back from collections and fix the problem, that i would not have to pay because i didn't receive it. they said they would call me before noon the next day...they didn't.
    I called back and spoke to 3 diff levels of authority, and they would not take it back from collections. " i was like...if i had known that i owed you money, don't you think i would have contacted you sooner?" besides i didn't get anything.
    so my husband told me just pay it and be done with them to get them off my back. so i called yet again and asked "if i pay it, will they in turn send me the package that i never received?" the girl said they would need a conformation from payment and they could re-ship. so i un wantingley paid for it...got the conf number today and called them back...guess what?
    they said NOPE were not sending it again. it's past the 30 day money back guarantee. If I would have reported not receiving it back in march they could have done something about it.
    So basically I have paid them over $100 dollars for ONE box of product!
    They are a total joke! A Rip Off! And they are DISHONEST! they have terrible customer service they guy even said to me that I am the only one out of millions of customers who has complained about this! Who is the CEO of the Company? He needs to be more aware of how consumers are being treated! Not to mention they pay out how much to all those movie stars promoting commercials? that's where OUR Money is going!!! NEVER will i purchase again!

• La
    LakeLaw Sep 21, 2010

PISSED OFF? WANT YOUR FRIGGIN MONEY BACK? WANT THEM TO PAY FOR SHIPPING? CONTACT:

Shelley Elkins
    Director, Consumer Affairs
    Guthy-Renker LLC | 3340 Ocean Park Blvd. | Santa Monica, CA 90405
    office [protected] | cell [protected]
    www.guthy-renker.com

E-MAIL HER AT ===> [email protected]

• Ra
    Rach91 Jul 14, 2010

I am tired of Proactive too. I signed up, knowing that it would be an ongoing charge. I received my first shipment, all is well. I was intending to cancel after the first shipment but forgot. They sent and charged me for another one. Okay that was my fault; however, I called to cancel and I told them I was returning the package back to the, they said that was fine. I returned it and the next month, they charged me AGAIN, after I already cancelled. Now they owe me two payment, about $45 worth. They say it will take 4-6 weeks to receive my refund. They are so quick to take your money, but do not want to refund it if you cancel or return it.

Jaxon65 May 27, 2010

I just filed essentially the same complaint everyone here is describing via the BBB link someone posted above. I just looked at my order confirmation and it never indicated any agreement beyond the original $20 purchase. Only after they sent me a letter did I realize what I had agreed to. I immediately canceled but since they had shipped the second box I was liable for payment. They said that during step 2 of the ordering process on-line it says I am agreeing to the membership and 90-day supplies at $67. If that's true then why don't they put that in the order confirmation? Also, why do they send you a shipping notice via email for the 1st shipment (the one I authorized) but don't send a shipment notice for the second one? Gee, might it be because they know I didn't authorize it and therefore once it ships (and hopefully I open it) they can bill me for it. Since the shipping address was to my daughter in college she got the second one and started using it not knowing I didn't order it.

These people are stupid. Though my daughter loves the product I told her I would never order again because of this billing practice.

marimari Apr 06, 2010

i had some problems with this company . Last year i ordered online a regular Pro Activ kit. I was not satisfied with it. After 3 months i received another kit that i never wanted. I called Pro Activ and told them about it. The said they will send me a return label, and a free sample of extra strength Pro Active. They sent me the returning label, like they promised, and i sent them the Regular Proactiv kit back, as i promised. After that i tried the sample they sent me ( the new extra strength kit) and i did not like it at all. After 1 or 2 months they sent me another extra strength kit, again that i never ordered. As soon as i got the kit, i called them and explained them what happened. They said i should mail it back to them. I asked for a returning label but they said the cant do that for me and i have to go and mail the box. Now, why would i send it back on my expense?? I never wanted it!!! I even have it at home unopened!!! I just wanted to be correct and called them, to resolve my situation. They asked me to pay 49.86 for the last kit and i said i m not going to do that! Then the customer service representative got rude with me and threatened me they will put that to collected payments! This is FRAUD!!! Never Buy a ProActiv item its bad anyway!
    I m going to file a complaint at bbb, hope that will help

• Ti
    TIMMAHHH Mar 25, 2010

Plain and simple, they are fraudulent!!! I had similar situation and I knew of they way they try and deceive there customers, so I signed up for orders to be shipped every 16 weeks. So what happens I get a $108 package 90-day supply in the mail a week later. These idiot are unbelievable!! They know that you will probably open it, so that that way you are forced to decide on throwing money away on sending it back. This is how they screw you, they make you rationalize keeping what you did not order. I say just keep and and not pay them!!! Don't do business with them and don't let your friends either!

deeniekang Mar 23, 2010

You can tell the Proactiv employees on here defending the company's fraud. "It's all the stupid consumers fault!" I guess all the nearly 300 complaints filed with BBB were "stupid consumers." You work for low-life fraud company.

deeniekang Mar 23, 2010

Sorry, PayAttention, it's not that simple. Fraud is when there is one thing stated on the website but the company does not adhere to their terms, and THIS IS FRAUD. I wrote and called customer service asking that they cancel and not send anymore products. I signed up for the TRIAL. Trial means try it and if you don't like it don't order more. Not so with Proactiv. I didn't sign up online so obviously there was nothing to indicate I would be reoccuring. This company is committing fraud with their billing. I finally had to hang up on customer service because the rep refused to cooperate with my request.
    PLEASE log your complaints with the State of CA Consumer Protection & Better Business Bureau so that the FTC can finally get involved and stop these people and get refunds for those frauded. It's crazy they have an A+ rating with BBB but with enough complaints an investigation can be launched.

• Ti
    tibi Mar 16, 2010

They charged me an extra 99.95, when I only wanted the 29.95 5 pieces kit! They send the first kit and then without any confirmation they send me a new one!
    I am really sorry, but small letters for something that is not clear that you are becoming a member doesn't not seem right to me. Especially when they charge first 29, 95 and than without any notice send another one charging of 99.95!!! This compromises the name of the company. I could even consider the possibility of ordering more from proactive. But because of this type of treatment we receive I won't and I will not recommend it to anybody!
    Here it goes the notice placed online in the first page of your order. This notice does not come in the e-mail confirming your order, nether on any other membership e-mail they send us within the first order! (Please notice the word ACCEPT, I didn't accept anything other than the first 29.95 value kit, they just decided to send it and bill it!)

"Proactiv® Plus Deluxe System. When you order today you’ll also get a FREE Refining Mask and Travel-size Green Tea Moisturizer! After 30 days, you'll receive a new 90-day supply of our Deluxe 5-piece kit every 3 months at the guaranteed low price of just $29.95 per month plus $9.99 s&h per subsequent shipment you accept, which will conveniently be billed to the credit card you provide today. Every Proactiv® order comes with our 60-day Money Back Guarantee (less s&h). Proactiv is the #1 acne system in the world!"

I am sorry, but there is nothing saying that I am becoming a member and they word it as if it was a matter of choice! This is a very tricky scam. I have not signed for any membership, but just by ordering online they did it without my permission!!! Here is a part of the e-mail when they confirm shipment:

"P.S. You now have access to the exclusive ActivMember™'s area of the New Proactiv Website, www.proactiv.com. If you've already registered (many do when placing their order), you can "sign in" using your email address and the password you set up. If you haven't registered yet, it's quick and easy to do so using your new Account Number (below). You'll enjoy shopping the complete Proactiv® line of top quality skin-care products. As an ActivMember™, you'll enjoy up to 25% savings on purchases plus in-depth information on acne, instructional videos, free access to skincare advisors and more. It's designed to help you succeed!"

Why they don't know I if am a member or not? Why they don't say that by becoming a member we will receive package without our request that we will have to pay for it? Why they do not confirm the second shipment or do not have the courtesy of treating well their clients by sending an e-mail confirming if they want or not a second shipment?

That to me is exploring in a unfair way their customers. This company doesn’t seem to seek the best interest of their clients, they seek to explore them! Don’t you think they already know that many people get confused with their system and end up paying more and for things we don’t want?

maple grove 37 Feb 19, 2010

i ordered proactive over the phone not online...in january i wanted to cancel my membership/any future orders...i was assured by a customer service represantive i would get no future shipments..i went online and checked my bank accnt this morning and i was charged $19.95 dated February 22, 2010...I called customer service again and spoke to Bellan (somewhere oversees) who told me that i was going to be charged $115 because i ordered an 8 piece kit and that when i receive the 8 piece kit i should return it...after becoming irate and demanding to speak to a manager she placed me on hold...while on hold i went on proactive website and was unable to find any kit that contained 8 pieces...Bellan came back on the line and told me that it was not thier department that is going to charge my account $115 but it is another department Sheer Perfection...I placed an order a year ago with Sheer Perfection and nothing since...Bella told me that she would transfer me to that department (thankfully i got the # from her before she transferred me) after she "transfered" me the phone hung up...i immediately called Sheer Perfection (someone in America) who explained to me my account was inactive and there has been no order placed on my account since last year...
    I called Proactive again, , , because Bellan told me it wasnt Proactive that charged my bank account, , but it clearly said Proactive on my online banking...This time i get someone in America Roschelle (poor customer service) but did clear up all the confusion that the oversees represenative had caused...i was charged a 2nd installement for the kit i received in February...this could have all been avoided if i was told in January when i cancelled my order that i was going to be charged again..i was charged a total of $45.89 for a 30 day supply...i was told that the kit i ordered was $19.95 i am copying/pasting what proactive has on thier website about the price of the kit i ordered

Proactiv® 3-Step System. When you order today you’ll also get a FREE Refining Mask and Travel-size Green Tea Moisturizer! After 30 days, you'll receive a new 90-day supply of our 3-step system every 3 months at the guaranteed low price of just $19.95 per month plus $7.99 s&h per subsequent shipment you accept, which will conveniently be billed to the credit card you provide today. Every Proactiv® order comes with our 60-day Money Back Guarantee (less s&h). Proactiv is the #1 acne system in the world!

i will be returning this order to the post office today and will make sure that i get a delivery confirmation from reading the above complaints...i was just going to keep the kit until they charged my bank accout again this product is not worth $45 and Rochelle the rude customer service rep told me that my refund of $39.90 will take 4-6 weeks...
    2 hours of my life plus a trip to the post office...priceless...

• Ed
    eduff87 Feb 17, 2010

I'm amazed by you people. I love how its clearly all Proactiv's fault. Of course there's no way that it could ever be yours. Firstly, if you don't think your child is mature/old enough to order things online, DONT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!!! Secondly, its common sense, that if you receive a package from ANY company AND OPEN it, 90% you have to pay the shipping to return it. Why would a company pay for you to return a product that YOU (your child) ordered?!?! And as for the last comment, is it so crazy to get some kind of receipt/delivery confirmation/tracking number/whatever from the post office/fedex/ups...etc when you sent the package back?!?! Its common sense! I'm sure if you were mailing something to a friend that costs $50, you would probably insure it. Why is it proactiv's fault that they didn't get it back?!?! Sounds like the post office's fault to me. Honestly, Proactiv just seems WAY to complicated for you people. Why don't you stick to something more basic and just buy it from the grocery store. Oh wait, I'm sure you people would find some way to complain about that too

• Nu
    nunyadamnbidnezz Jul 28, 2017

@eduff87 You are obviously a [censored]bag. Most of the comments clearly state that the people CANCELLED THEIR ACCOUNTS, and proactive kept charging them. But far be it for you to actually read the comments, [censor]. Oh and for your information, anything received via the U.S. mail that you DID NOT ORDER is a gift. That's a federal law. [censor].

• Ci
    Cire Sep 02, 2009

I ran into a similiar issue with them. Yes, it is mentioned on the website that you are getting enrolled in a plan that will continue to charge, but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue here.

My wife ordered the produced. She recieved the first box, tried it and decided she was not interested. We called and thought we cancelled the service.

A bit later, we recieved another box. We didn't want it, so we sent it back (I can't remember if we mailed it back or refused to recieve it..it was almost a year ago)

Couple of months go by and suddenly I get a bill from Proactive. Confused, I called them to explain what happened. They said they never recieved the product back so they were charging me. I explained that I cancelled the service before they sent the box, and since I didn't want the product, I wasn't going to pay for it.

Well, about a month or two later, I get another bill. So I called and spoke with them again...and explained to them again the whole situation.

So, another couple of months go by, and then I get another bill from them. This one is for $5 something...I called them yet again, and this time they tried to say they canceled the service and will not charge me for the product, but I had to pay the shipping cost of the product..???

I argued with them, explaining to them that there was no way that I was going to pay that. Finally, I spoke with a manager who said they would drop all charges...

I'm currently waiting for the next bill from them...

DeborahB Aug 02, 2009

I too have been ripped off by this company. I made the first mistake and through having a family emergany had to dry out my checking account. I figured they wouldnt send the product if money wasnt there to get. It's actually the only thing i have done through the internet and to have it automatically taken out of my checking. I admitt im new at this and am a newly widowed female living on a fixed income for the first time. Wehn i went on line to check my bank account i saw where my account was overdrawn. I borrowed some money, went to the bank, talked to the manager and she was nice and understood. She took off each day that the bank charged me for the $45.00 that wasnt there that Pro Active tried to get and I was all ok with .25 cents in my account. Before I went to the bank I called Pro Actives customer service and talked with them explaining it was my mistake and that I did not want them to send that back through again since there was no funds in that account. I told her that at least 5 times and she assured me each time they only do it once and that after that they just send me a bill through the mail. I even asked to have the Pro Active account closed and she talked me into keeping it since i only have it set for product every 16 weeks. Well I made a big mistake again. 1 week later my account is overdrawn again becuase they lied and sent it back through before i had even recieved my product. This is a mess and Im done with them. Im closing my Pro Active Solutions account, Im getting a new bank card and number and lets see if they do this again. This is down right theft. Im sending the product back to them tomorrow too. I can go to Walmart and get just as good stuff for cheaper and not be ripped off. After all this is just over a face for some pimples its not worth the hassel. Im tired of companies like this feeling like they can do whatever they want with my money. They lost me as a customer big time and I had been recieving there product for 7 months, and always done right by them before. Im tried of any customer service saying just anything to just get you off the phone as in lying then stealing your money.

• Pa
    PayAttention Jul 11, 2009

It's quite clear when you order online that you are signing up to receive automatic shipments. As soon as you choose which system you're ordering, the very next page states right underneath the item listed the fact that you'll receive automatic shipments and be automatically billed. Additionally, when the products arrive, the paperwork that comes with it indicates the date of your next shipment. You always have the option to cancel future shipments by calling Customer Service. You can also order the products without signing up for automatic shipments, but ONLY by calling Customer Service. Ordering online or from the infomercials WILL sign you up for automatic shipments. Don't take my word for it...go to the website and see for yourself.

• Al
    Alfred Apr 07, 2009

The good news is that Proactive Solutions worked on my adult acne. The best part of the kit was the Refining Mask. I had purchased three kits separately and paid the full asking price. Each time I got the Refining Mask along with the Repair Lotion and cleanser.

Thinking I'd get a better deal I joined the club and ordered the same kit. I got it, then as advertised, I started to receive replacement supplies, along with a bill for $62.68. Instead of the Refining Mask, I was stuck with the Daily Oil solution which I have found does not work. I paid for it, and when the next shipment arrived, I returned it. Two months later another shipment arrived and I returned that. The third shipment arrived with a 'Second Notice' bill. I returned the kit and bill.

Then I got a 'Third and Final Notice' letter with threats to send me to collections. I sent them a letter explaining what I was getting and that I had returned the products back to them. I told them to check their files for my returns and told them that the product did work and I was happy with it but I needed to stop their treatments, per my doctor's orders.

Think that worked? No. Today I got yet another bill with a collections threat attached and a promise never to send products to my address again.

If you are happy with Proactive Solutions, fine. But never join their club!