Proactiv SolutionFraud

I Review updated:

Proactiv Solution will make fraudulent withdrawals from your bank account whenever they feel like it. Yes, I know they say they send you a shipment every 3 months and you are required to pay, but Once you give them your card number you are subject to theft. doesn't matter if you pay your invoices they send you by check. They will say they never got it even while you hold the canceled check in your hand. The customer service department tells you one thing but then doesn't do it. They get away with stealing from consumers everyday. I was charged twice in 2 weeks (100.00) for shipments that were already paid for. Causing my bank account to be overdrawn then they tell me that after reviewing my complaint that they were not responsible for it. You took out 100.00 without me knowing therefore causing 2 checks to bounce, how can you say its not your fault?

• P
      Nov 16, 2009

And that's not all. They sell your information (cell phone, name, address, cc info, cc security code) to PROTBERRYHEALTH which in turn will "order" their trial product for $0.99 after which they continue to charge you whenever they feel like it. See a connection between those idiots and Proactiv Solution's way of handling your order? Well I'm sure that these two scammers are connected and share customer information. I have since closed my CC account and got refunded for those charges by my bank.

Be wise and use a unique CC number that your bank can issue for you so you can order Proactiv. If you really must order that product, be safe doing it. It almost sounds like "use a condom" speech given to a teenager, but this is no joke. They stole my info. You could be next.

• P
      Jan 01, 2010

I would urgently IntD50, that you immediately call Guthy-Renker's Corporate Office at [protected] and ask for Renee Miller at Extension# 5517, or toll-free [protected] and dial 0 (zero) for consumer affairs. Renee is a very helpful agent at the MAIN OFFICE. I hope this helps!

• S
      Mar 13, 2010

Do not ever buy anything from Proactiv solution. They will then trace you and keep on charging you money from your credit card. Once you buy anything from their website, Even after you called them canceled. They still keep you personal information and still charge you money and keep on sending your their product. You can never get rid of them. I have tell my credit card company to stop it.
    That is the worst experience ever, ever, ever

• G
      Mar 30, 2010

Hi Sam,

We're sorry you've had a frustrating experience. We'd like to help you resolve this. Please email us at customerservice(at)guthy-renker.com with your full name and zip code and a link to this complaint, so we can look into your account and fix this for you. Please include ATTENTION: RENEE in your email.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Proactiv Customer Service

• C
      Aug 20, 2012

When I ordered my first shipment, I told the CSR that I did not want automatic delivery and did not want my debit card to be used without my okay. The CSR (and I know it's her job and what she is required to say) proceeded to make it almost impossible for me to make this choice. I finally relented against my better judgment but said I wanted the automatic shipment to be postponed for about 3 months. In the meantime, I did use the product and it did work. A few weeks passed and I made the decision to buy the 60 days worth of treatment. I phoned the company and placed the order, but a few hours later, decided I would cancel the order and purchase something else here at a local store. I was told and I quote, "We cannot cancel the order because it has not processed yet, therefore, I cannot see it in the system and It's impossible for me to cancel it".

I asked, "If I called back the next day, could I cancel?" She said yes. I called the next day and I was told, again I quote, "We are unable to cancel this order because it is in process." Okay, so I can't cancel because it hasn't processed, and now I can't cancel because it has processed? After wrangling with the CSR for a while, telling her I knew it wasn't her fault and that I knew she was required to say these things, but how do I cancel? She, Stepford wife like, kept repeating the same thing over and over. I then requested a supervisor and was told, "Oh, she will just tell you the same thing." I said, "Fine, I want to hear it again." This, after the original CSR told me that I could send the product back but would lose my shipping and handling of about six bucks.

I was connected to the supervisor who, in fact and indeed, told me the same thing, although I was able to get a verbal promise that notes were put in the system that my shipping & handling would be refunded once I sent the product back. I will be interested to see how long it takes them to refund my money and my shipping & handling. I'm hoping that I will not have to file a claim with my bank to pry the money out of the vise like grip of this greedy and deceitful corporation. I had heard bad things about these folks and choose not to believe it but I now know that all that has been said is sadly true.
    I refused the shipment on 8/3 as advised by a supervisor at Proactiv. She told me it was best to just refuse the shipment, don't receive it and then ship back, but refuse it. Which I did. I just got off the phone from another CSR who asked me for a tracking number, which of course I did not have since I had refused the shipment. I was then told it would be 6 to 8 weeks before I could hope to see any refund from the company because I have no tracking number. Today is the 20th of Aug. I very calmly told her, I know it's not your fault, and I'm not angry at you but, I then explained the Kafkaesque working of their "order taking", asked who I should appeal to in the company to get my money back sooner and again, I'm not angry at you but I have to tell you I think Proactiv's policies are very close to fraud! She then told me that she would refund my money then and there and it would be about 5-6 working days before I received it. Oh, and she did refund my s/h only after I reminded her that the prior CSR had assured me that notes were put into the system. These people are not to be believed! Mostly they just want you to give up and go away, don't do it. Keep fighting.