press enterprisefalse subscription billing

F

Signed up for a 1 time 20 issue subscription cash with an agreement that there would be no further deliveries.
I don't even know how many they delivered because after the first few we opened the rest went straight into garbage from the driveway.
now 4 moths later the sent a bill to collection agency for 28.04 dollars to Joseph Mann and Creed.
I called the main office and they said they are not responsible for what the people selling their newspapers offer their customers.

this whole thing is a scam and the paper looks like something the high school paper would print.
28 dollars is not much but its the principal of it and the way they treat their customer that is wrong.
I give the a 4 thumbs down for service and quality.

• Ad
    advice43 Jun 04, 2012

I have the same problem. I can't get them to stop throwing their trash in my driveway every week. I have never subscribed, and neither have my neighbors. I have called repeatedly, left voice mails, threatened legal action, etc., but they continue to throw trash in my driveway. Every week.

It appears only a expensive lawsuit is going to stop this nonsense. See you in court guys!

• Ad
    advice43 Jun 04, 2012

• Wi
    willowmorningsky Apr 04, 2012

Today is Wed., 24th of April, 2012, and I am currently embroiled in the same scam by the Press Enterprise. I have been trying for over a month to get them to quit littering the street in front of my home with their papers.

I had ordered and paid for 3 months of Sunday only. But they have escalated to throwing papers in front of my house Th, Fri, and Sat also. I have called and talked to Frank Escobedo at least 8 times requesting that the deliveries cease and desist. I called Mr. Escobedo because Aaron J. Kotarek, the head of Circulation and Distribution, NEVER answers his phone and NEVER returns calls, and no matter how nice the customer service representative is, nobody at the paper EVER listens to them or follows through on what the service rep. assured me was "taken care of".

This is dishonesty and corruption to the core. Now the bills are piling up and I DO NOT WANT THIS PAPER DELIVERED TO MY HOME AT ALL!!! How do I stop this nightmare?