Pgyorkies.comPaid for puppy but was given smaller, sick puppy-unethical behavior

A Review updated:

On 12/9/15 i visited pg yorkies and picked a puppy from a liter born on 11/22/15 according to their page on breeders.Net. I was the first to look at the puppies, 3 girls and 2 boys. I picked the smallest of the two boys and he was the smallest of them all. They put a blue collar on his neck so i could identify him as mine and encouraged me to visit him and bring a toy with my scent on it so he would be familiar with me. I visited again on 2/6/16 and was told my puppy had grown to be the biggest and was the first to leave the pen and was very outgoing. I spent over 2 hours playing with him, the breeder took a picture with us and dated it and also weighed him, he was 2.2lbs. She told me on that day that her other dog was having puppies on 2/22 or 2/23 so she wanted to push the pick up date back and told me i could come on 2/26. I checked their page on breeder.Net again and their birthdate now said 11/30/15. When i went to pick up my puppy on 2/26 i was handed a much smaller puppy that had on the same color collar but i told them that was not my dog. They assured me it was, however the dog with another color collar on came to me and played with me and sat at my feet. He was also a much bigger puppy than the one i was handed. I told them that was my puppy and they said it was not. I asked them to weigh both dogs and the dog i was given was 2.6lbs and the other dog was almost 4lbs which made more sense. I was told if i didn't want him i didn't have to take him but would only be refunded $400 of the $900 i paid. I took the dog because i had promised my son a dog. The next evening i noticed the dog was not eating and seemed to be very lethargic. I gave the dog some honey and took him to the pet er where i was told he was very dehydrated and they wanted to keep him overnight. I took the dog home instead because i didn't want him to be further upset. I fed the dog with a syringe every 3 hours throughout the night. I called the breeder the next morning and explained what happened. It wasn't until i said i was going to report them did she agree to take the dog back and give me a full refund. Now we are left without a dog and never got the one promised to us. The breeder's husband had told me on 2/6/16 that the family getting the smaller dog had small children and he felt like was too small for a child that age but when i come to pick up my dog he has on the same collar as the other dog the family was purchasing. I feel like they gave them my dog because he was bigger and more kid friendly. The breeder refused to pay the vet bill and i may sue in small claims court. This was our first family pet and the experience was a complete nightmare. ******stay away from don and theresa williams from pg yorkies in clinton, maryland!

• Mi
    Michael G Mueller Jul 22, 2020

Thank you for this post. I am in the market and was actually considering this breeder. I will continue my looking elsewhere.