Penguin WindowsBuyer Beware!!! Do not even think about doing buisness with this company!

My wife and myself are expecting our first child and decided to replace the contractor grade windows in our home. We felt that the higher grade windows would not only provide additional energy savings, but more importantly to us...better noise insulation from the street out front. The salesman and woman came to our home and after a 3-1/2 to 4hr presentation we signed a contract. The windows were very expensive (about $2000 each) but we felt that doing it right the first time would eventually pay off in the end. The contract states that you have 3 days to cancel. The salesman called me the following day to tell me of a potential issue and this is where I should have cancelled the contract. We expressed our concern, that if there was an issue, we would be unable to cancel our order being outside the three day window for cancellations. He reassured us, that there would't be an issue, and that we needn't be worried about this at all. Boy were we wrong! He scheduled the return trip for measurement the following weekend. When the salesman returned on Sunday after the windows had been remeasured, he confirmed that there was, in fact, an issue. The window opening would be too small due to the larger frames on the new replacement window. Due to the smaller window opening, this would cause them not to be compliant with current fire code. The salesman then gave us our options: Option 1: Pay an additional $590 per window (4 of them) to have the window openings modified to allow the larger required windows to fit. Option 2: Install sliding windows. This would change the look of the house and we did not accept this as a viable option. Option 3: Remove the section between the 2 windows and install one big window. The salesman did not offer pricing on this but said it would be expensive. We stated that none of the options were attractive and the salesman told me not to worry and that he would have his manager call me the following day. The manager called me the following day and told me that I needed to pay the additional $590 and reminded that I was unable to cancel the contract. I indicated to the manager that we had already spent more than we had budgeted and were not prepared to pay more. He didn't miss a beat and went on to tell me that I was unable to cancel and the contract was iron clad. If I did not pay the $590 they would simply move forward and install the windows stated in the contract even though they would not comply with fire code. They tried to get me to accept this by telling me that they were "close enough" and "nobody would even be able to see it". I told them I did not feel comfortable doing this because this was a safety violation and a big liability issue as well. I do not want to put my family or someone else's at risk if we decided to sell. I have filed multiple complaints and when I called the manager again to see if he would be willing to negotiate, he went off. Firstly he complained that I did not allow them adaquate time to negotiate up front. I explained the week of calls and multiple conversations with managers, salesman, and installation managers. He threatened me that I was in a contract and I just need to accept that. They are installing windows and if they need to knock walls down to get them to fit, so be it. I explained to the manager that we were not ready for a construction project, but this simply fell on deaf ears. We are now seeking legal representation to deal with this issue. Please what ever you do, DO NOT do business with this company. They will bully you into signing a contract, and then dump "additional" charges on you afterwards. If you question the charges they will throw the contract in your face and ask...Don't you understand that you are commited to a contract? Do yourself a favor and avoid this company like the plague!