Outback Steakhousefood and customer service

C Sep 10, 2019 Review updated:

I visited this location on August 21 2019. I ordered takeout. My order was paid at 7:38.
I ordered the 10 oz ribeye cooked medium with baked potato and a salad. I also ordered an appetizer. The potato was rotten on the inside. ( hollow and black) the steak was very well done. I called the restaurant and spike with the manager ( William) I think. I roller him I had the receipt but instead of replacing the meal or refunding he took my nailing address and stated that he was sending out a $40 gift card that I should have by the following Monday. Having never received that I called again on August 30th and was told that my message would be given to the manager.
As of today Sept. 10th I have received nothing and have not been called or contacted. If I served rotten food to a customer along with an improperly cooked order I would not leave my customer feeling disregarded. I am very upset with the lack of response. I spent $35 for a meal I couldn't eat.

Christy Hyatt

•   Sep 10, 2019

No one can determine what the inside of a potato is like unless they cut it open. You can’t blame a restaurant for a potato that failed Mister Potatohead’s quality control.

Have you never had a potato at home that had a hollow center and wasn’t fresh due to air seeping in? Have you never made steak at home and overcooked it by accident? You can’t tell until you cut into it.

I’d never get a takeout steak for the very reason you stated. Once home you’re stuck with a steak not cooked to your liking.

•   Sep 11, 2019

I roller him (the manager)...

WTH is that????