One Stop MotorsLies and cheating!

When they say it is too good to be true, you should run the other way. I was so taken in by the promises and the charm of these people, we had listed our car at 13,000 and they said if we pay 500.00 they would be able to sell it for about 15,500. And then we were told different time frames, one month and even two weeks. I talked to customer service and they said, oh this car will sell quickly, low miles, good condition, it is rare for us to have a car longer than two months, cause it costs us money when they don't move.

It has been over four months, never a follow up call from them, when I called, they suggested that we lower the price, we did. They are sweet talkers and when they are trying to get your money, they will call and give you all this attention, once they have your 500.00, never a word from them again. Oh, I take that back, I called in frustration and that day I got a call asking about the car, it was some idiot from their company trying to get me to list my car with them.

I was a fool to not do a search on this company to start with, thankfully we are not desperate to sell our car, we will hold on to it and use it as a trade in, but these people are all talk and very deceptive, I just threw away 500.00, I did leave them a message that I will spend 500.00 worth of my time to do what I can to put the word out and to complain about them.

That gives me an idea, I will call every day and take up about 30 minutes each call in complaints and when I feel that they have paid out 500.00 in wages of wasted time on the phone with me, I will then double that. I have the right to complain to them and they will hear from me every day. Hope others will do the same, we may never get our money back, but we can drain the pocket of the owner by taking up his employees time!

• Li
    Lisagreen Aug 12, 2016

One Stop Motors way to go. I was in desperate need to get rid of my 2010 Chevy Cobalt. My vehicle was in excellent condition I couldn't figure out why I was unable to get it sold. 6 months had gone by and my vehicle was still sitting. I received a call from One Stop Motors, I listened to what they had to offer but wasn't interested in paying 499.00 dollars for them to advertise my vehicle. The rep told me she would send me over a email . After reading over the email I gave the rep a call back. I had numerous questions and concerns. She had no problem answering them for me. After talking things over with my husband we decided to give One Stop Motors a try. I sent their customer service department my photos and the ad they built was amazing. They kept in contact with me twice even three times a week. A month went by my husband and I began to get worried. It wasn't long before One Stop Motors called me with a buyer that was able to put 10% down and had a verifiable income. Thank you One Stop Motors!! I look forward to doing business with you again.

• Zh
    Zh86 Aug 12, 2016

Ever since placing our car for sale on craigs list and two other free sites, One Stop Motors has been ringing our number once a day at different times. This morning I was on the floor doing my morning exercises before 8:00am, and had to get up and answer the phone for their automated message. I started to e-mail them, but then realized that they would probably use my e-mail to harrass me even more.

It's a shame one cannot advertise something for sale and not be harrassed by people wanting to make a dollar from you - when you are trying to sell something to make a dollar yourself. From looking at different complaint websites, even if you did want this company to market your vehicle, they do not appear to follow through.

OSM123 Aug 12, 2016

OSM is committed to providing aggressive and effective advertising for all of its' customers. To discuss this with OSM directly, please feel free to call [protected] Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm PST. Our friendly customer service representatives are more than happy to assist you.

jacobsonn Aug 12, 2016

OSM... One Stop Motors is your typical Las Vegas boiler room. the sales people that work there are recruited from the homeless shelter near the company office... not trying to offend the homeless community, just being honest. some of my best friends don't shower, wear filthy beat up clothes & stink the stench of alcohol everyday!!! just trying to create a picture in your mind of who you would be speaking with if you get a call from OSM. if you're considering doing business with OSM, you should consider donating the money to your favorite charity instead. spend the money where it will do some good for people that are in real need of help. don't line the pockets of people (OSM) that called you on the phone with the intention of separating you from your money (RIPPING YOU OFF). remember: if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!!!

• Ju
    [email protected] Aug 12, 2016

One of your phone rep's contacted me one night, sometime around early to mid January, because of an ad that I was running in trying to sell my deceased husband's motorcycle. She told me that OSM would give me a full money back guaranty "if" my items were not sold within 180 days. So, believing her, I went ahead and provided her with my credit card that night in the amount of $898.00. A few days later, I was contacted by my advertising rep, Karen Vargas, who was just great to work with from the very beginning. After several months of working with her, I knew that I was getting close to my 180 days so I sent her an email asking her when I could request for my refund and she told me after July 12th. She said that I would have to go on line, print out the form and send it in with some documentation, which I did. Within a few days, I receive two letters, declining my " guaranteed full refund" because of a couple of things that I was suppose to do from the start, but was never informed about. This is just their way of using "LOOP HOLES" in order to keep the money.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. They are just another company using your misfortune to better theres.

• Tg
    tgar333 Aug 12, 2016

Safety Options to Consider when purchasing a New or Used Car. Your insurance company may offer discounts for the following safety features. If not, it pays to shop around. Discounts for vehicle safety features vary widely among insurance companies.

Air Bags: Passenger and driver-side dual airbags are now required in all vehicles sold in the United States. Air bags must be used with safety belts for maximum effectiveness.

Head Injury Protection: This feature, which lessons the blow if your head hits the interior roof of your vehicle, has become standard in recent years. If you select an older vehicle, it may not have this safety feature.

Advanced Headrests: These systems allow the back of the seat and headrest to move down and back if the vehicle is hit from the rear, reducing the forward motion and thus decreasing the severity of head and neck injuries.

Automatic Daytime Running Lights: This feature makes it impossible for you to drive without headlights, making your vehicle more visible when driving, even during daylight.

Anti-lock Brake System: This feature eliminates the need to "pump the brakes" when you have to stop quickly, preventing the wheels from locking up and the vehicle from skidding. ABS pumps the brakes for the driver; the driver keeps constant pressure on the brake pedal and concentrates on steering. This allows the driver to regain control in bad weather conditions or quickly avoid a crash.

Traction Control: While ABS helps drivers maintain control while braking, traction control helps them do so while accelerating. This feature stops the spinning of a wheel due to wet roads, loose gravel, or fast acceleration by braking, it reducing the fuel or cutting spark plug ignitions, depending on the type of system, which improves traction.

Electronic Stability System: This feature coordinates the ABS, Traction Control, and the "yaw" of your vehicle (how much the vehicle rocks side to side). The system reduces tire spinning, skidding, and cornering without traction, keeping the vehicle's tires in maximum contact with the road.

If your budget allows, check out the more advanced crash-avoidance technologies found on newer models, such as emergency brake assist, lane departure warnings, and blind spot warnings.

• Ka
    Kathwood Jun 18, 2012

OSM is the pitts!

• Ka
    Kathwood Jun 18, 2012

I too believe what the salesman told me. My salesman told me he could have my car sold before the end of December (I signed on with OSM in early Dec 2012) From DAY 1 they have NEVER given me correct information not have they posted information / photos on my ad that I requested. They NEVER call with a follow-up, They are truly scam artists.

• He
    heatmart1 Mar 20, 2012

Rodney above! You must know the CEO of OneStopMotors, Rob Wilder! That is the EXACT same line of crap her fed me 10 months ago! Tell me all the negative things I was reading was competitors and such..he is good! Cause I bought it! His lies!
    It has ben 10 months, nothing has been done to sell my car. I am in adverting, an executive with AT&T specializing in online sales and marketing. I am Google and Yahoo ad word certified, and trust me, OneStop is scamming people! They are not promoting the cars and they say they are, is all a scam to get your $500 bucks. I gave them 10 months, and nothing, so asked for my "money back" as the guaranteed, here is the email I got yesterday: March 21st, 2012. Sharon is the Sales Manager, as I have been working with her and the CEO for the entire 10 months. (robw then the "at" sign onestopmotors dot com) email him and give him a piece of your mind if you got scammed, then remember, if it looks like a duck, quakes like a duck, it is a duck! All of the negativity means something!!

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Sharon P <[email protected]> wrote:
    Heather,

I did not ask you if you wanted to have your advertisements refreshed. There is no question mark at the end of that sentence or indication that I was asking you a question. I am telling you that refreshing your ads is the only option that we have. Also as I mentioned I literally cut and pasted the username and password AND tested the login process which it did indeed work. Im not sure what you are doing on your end however it is fully functional.

When I go to onestopmotors.com and I type in 2008 Acura TL in the search on the top right your vehicle is the 3rd search results. I had no difficulty finding your Acura and I found it on my first attempt. Again all of your concerns have been reviewed and addressed accordingly. There is no refund that will be given.

Sharon

• Se
    Sekelkove Jan 04, 2012

I have given three vehicle for sale in the month of April 2010 and paid $ 499.00 each for three of them total of 1497.00 and contact them to sale them immediately because I have my Bypass surgery and unable to drive these cars I contact them at least every week to sale them at prices they have suggested and ask them to make every efforts to sale them I ask every time is there any thing left in my add they ask me for picture I request some of my friend to do that for me and confirm two to three times that they have received the pictures they confirm me and for the third vehicle they told me that for Honda Pilot they put the picture by themselves and told me not to vary they will do there best to sell them immediately but nothing ever heard from them and I have to contact them once I request to the lady on telephone that I going back home and need money to spend for ticket and expenses in end June so please sell atleast one car at any price the market suggest and after I back from Pakistan I called them what happen to may vehicle they ask me to reduce price of vehicle I reduce twice as per there instruction but they did nothing and never told me send any more picture or do what any new thing I have to do after 4months the market continuously dropped and the are unable to sell my vehicle and I request after 5 month that if they are unable to sell refund my money but they promise to returned only after 6months and now they have refused to pay as I have not send thepicture properly for tail dashboard etc.that why they are refusing the payment in this century when every corner have show and buyer study the market before they buy and they computers to find every thing in minutes. now the market value decreased by 3000 and the 2010 corolla le is sold for 14000 how I can sell my vehicle actually they haven't made any efforts and waste my market value of cars and I depend on a company who are misleading the innocent people.

• DarkHottie May 24, 2011

Thank you so much for your post on ComplaintsBoard. I love this site and have been registered a long time. Thanks for saving me $$$ !!

Ron Atolotte Mar 30, 2011

I just can't imagine a better opportunity to sell a vehicle, as these guys have it all!
    They guaranteed to work with me until my car sold, took a few months but was worth every penny and then some!

Better than an auto trader or craigslist, flooded with BS

Ron Atolotte Mar 30, 2011

They sold my car, took a couple months but they delivered!
    The co will wrk extra hard for you if your having troubles, might I ask if you've contacted them directly?

Like I said, I can't say a bad thing about the co, great customer service, and got job done! Sold car!

• Ke
    Kelbare Mar 25, 2011

About 5 calls from One Stop Motors were made before I gave in. They got my phone number from my Craigslist ad. They listed the car 5k more than what was my original asking price. Absolutely no offers were made. They listed my car on eBay but I did not get an offer close to my lowest possible price. They would not re-list it on eBay as they only do it once. It has been over 3 months and 3 price reductions and not a single call from one stop motors. I wasted $500 and they told me that after 6 months I can get my money back.

When I listed my car for sale I indented to sell it in a month at most and now I still had not sold the car and have to wait 3 more months for my money back. This is insane. They have no idea what they are doing. I am really not happy with their service. As soon as I gave them my credit card the customer service went down the drain. When I call them to see what is going on with my ad, they keep telling me that they’ll relist me on some website (which I never heard of) and that’s all they can do.

They assured me that 90% of their sales are made on eBay. They only listed the car there once. They claimed that $500 is the cost of marketing. If I would spend $500 on cars.com and autotrader.com and eBay I would have my car sold by now. This is a joke.

• Cs
    C Spence Mar 16, 2011

Crafty and professional sounding sales people lure you into listing with One Stop Motors flaunting their money back guarantee and making you feel confident in their ability to sell your vehicle. Their attention disappears almost immediately after they get your credit card. I had to initiate all actions after the initial set-up. After the 180 day listing requirement, I requested a refund because I had NO, not even one, referral. Of course, then they used small details as loop holes to deny my refund request. Of course, they did not do anything to bring my attention to the details upon registering. VERY, VERY deceiving.

• Cs
    C Spence Feb 27, 2011

• Do
    Donald Sink Feb 16, 2011

When One Stop motors contacted me on my 65 Mustang, they told me my price was way too low, that I should raise my price. They said they could advertise my car, probably sell it within two weeks, IF I SENT THEM $500. Like a fool I did. This was five months ago. They never contacted me after that. I called them one time, the suggested I lower my price. I did. Have not heard from them since. Cost me #500.00 to leard this company is no good. Beware if you are considering them.

Madre Oct 11, 2010

When we agreed to advertise with OneStop Motors it was because they offered a 100% money back guarantee. They also said they had a high sales average. They started out listing the car too high, then failed to lower the price on the car after my repeated requests. After 180 days, they had not even provided one sales lead for my car. I submitted the request for refund which they refused. They cited several reasons for this, all of which were completely bogus, such as that I did not provide them with a picture of the VIN#. I actually provided 2 photos of the VIN#. I would not use this company's services again.

OSM123 Sep 16, 2010

• Or
    Orbit Sep 15, 2010

All i can say is I've learned another expensive lesson. Do NOT purchase this service because they do NOT deliver they're pitch. Kinda like the President that has been elected. This company stole $500 of my hard earned cash. I listed my car 2 years ago with them. Rec'd very little market interest. Reluctantly dropped the price to about half what they promised to sell it at. It's lies and deception, your better off just throwing $500 dollars out the window or going to the casino. This is no joke, don't be a fool. 497

OSM123 Aug 02, 2010

Marlon Aug 01, 2010

After 6 months and One Stop Motors had not sold our Harley we asked for a refund. It was deneid. They said we did not contact them within 30 days of lsiting the bike.

I have proff of where we sent them pictures and where they sent us emials reguarding the acct.

Still refusing to give us our money back.

Pissed off customer, to bad they are not a member of the BBB in Vegas.

We are screwed!!! DO not do business with these people. They do not keep up thier end of the bargain. I will keep trying to get pur money back but I think it is a lost cause.

OSM123 Jul 26, 2010

OSM123 Jul 08, 2010

One Stop Motors is committed to providing aggressive and effective advertising for all of its' customers. In most cases, we are able to assist both buyers and sellers throughout the entire purchase transaction. We offer fraud protection for buyers, financing and shipping for buyers, and can assist with the successful transfer of title between both parties.

In July of 2009, One Stop Motors decided to offer a Money Back Guarantee in the event the vehicle did not sell within 180 days. For most sellers of OSM, the policy was irrelevant because their vehicle sold well before this date. For those that did not successfully sell their vehicle, they had the option of either requesting a refund or continuing the advertising.

As with any policy, it did come with eligibility limitations and restrictions that we required in order to be considered eligible for the money back guarantee. These conditions, clearly posted within the home page of OneStopMotors.com, are available to be viewed by all existing and potential customers. As of April, 2010, OSM discontinued the money back guarantee, but will still honor it for those that signed up for the Platinum Package prior to April 27, 2010. The terms and conditions are still available and can be viewed by logging into the customer account area.

OSM recognizes that in order to provide a complete service to its' customers, the vehicle must be listed until sold. For this reason, any person that did not meet the requirements of the refund is welcome to contact OSM customer service to continue the advertising. Not only will we continue to list it for sale, we will personally work with the seller to develop a new marketing strategy. We will not be satisfied until every vehicle on our site is sold! All current sellers advertising their vehicles with OSM are guaranteed to have the marketing continue until it is sold. This is truly a benefit that One Stop customers appreciate.

To discuss this with One Stop Motors directly, please feel free to call [protected] Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm PST. Our friendly customer service representatives are more than happy to assist you.

• Lu
    Lunch Jul 07, 2010

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!! SCAM!! They promise to list your vehicle at the TOP of several search engines (about 10). I checked regularly and it one on only ONE, I couldn't even find it on the other 9 as far back as 8 pages. They did an ebay auction like they promised, got ZERO bids, probably because they have a crappy 80% positive rating, LOTS of complaints on there too. Don't fall for the 100% money back BS. They have an extremely tight refund policy and they make NO exceptions. READ IT! I did BUT it didn't matter, they STILL denied me. Your request for refund HAS to be post marked from 180-193 days after YOU PAY for the service NOT the AD POSTED DATE as the refund policy states. I paid on the 8th of December, I have an email dated the 16th of December telling me the ad is now posted. My request was post marked on the 193rd day. I got a denial letter stating my ad posting started the 8th. That's crap, because they didn't have all of my information and photos on the 8th. They don't return calls, sales people or the management. I NEVER got a single call from any perspective buyer through One Stop. This company is not someone to do ANY business with, PERIOD, unless you just really want to waste your money. I don't have one single thing positive to say about this company. Use at your own risk.

OSM123 Jul 06, 2010

• Fr
    Fred C Jul 04, 2010

I also need to sell my car but the mear fact that I received a call from them put me on the defensive. I am so happy to see this blog, Tank's

• Te
    Ted_1 May 28, 2010

This company (One Stop Motors) is a total fraud. Buyer beware! I turned them down when they first called me. However, I continued to get calls from them thereafter. They called me 12 times in one week. This promise to provide a service however they want a service fee upfront. In returned I offered to pay them the $499 after they sell my vehicle. The person on the phone became agitated and said, "Thank you for wasting my time sir!" then hung up on me. This company is involved in a shady business. DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR OFFER! THEY ARE IN THE RIP-OFF BUSINESS. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY 'N WILL NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICE THEY PROMISED!

• Ca
    carson85 Mar 04, 2010

They called me on a craigslist vehicle ad that I posted. They promised they could get it sold and would have a rep call me right back. After reading this site I knew it was a scam. To get them to stop calling me I just kept saying I'm really horny to everything they said. Probably not smart, but it did take care of the problem. Oh... and it did make me chuckle a bit how they kept trying to get back to the car issue, but I just kept saying it.

Thanks for posting this blog. I'm just so sick of people taking advantage of others and not living up to their word.

rogers55 Jan 25, 2010

I just got a call from Alex and told him I would research them online and that he could call me back later.

Glad I came across this site and thanks to everyone for sharing their experience...

• Jk
    J KIDD Dec 02, 2009

WOW IM AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ALL TOOK THE TIME TO SHAIR YOUR EXSPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY, BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOOD THEY HAD ME GOING BUT SOMETHING IN MY MIND WAS LIKE THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I ASK THE GUY KENNY CAN I SEND A CERTAFIED CHECK HE SAID KNOW I HAVE TO GIVE HIM MY CARD NUMBER AND IT JUST DIDNT SOUND RIGHT HE TALKING ABT HE CAN SELL MY TRUCK FOR A HIGHER COST HOW YOU DONT NO ### ABT MY TRUCK DONT KNOW WHAT IT LOOK LIKE AND THEY WONT POST THE AIDS TO YOU PAY SO ONCES AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR SAVING MY HARD EARN MONEY . OYEA ONE MORE THING HE SAID HE CAN SELL IT IN A WEEK OR TWO THATS BULL ### ITS TWO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS WHO THE HELL GOING TO BUY A TRACTOR TRELLER AND THE MARKET IS SLOW ALREADY SO KENNY AND YOUR FAKE ### CUSTOMER SERVICES LINE CAN KISS MY 5HUNDRED OR 499 ### LMAO

• Ri
    Richard Towne Nov 24, 2009

I can relate to to all of the complaints that I have read on these people. I didn't pick them - they picked me. My son put his car out there on one of the popular sites and that's how they get you. Some guy from OSM calls and tells me that for $500 they will list the car on Ebay for a few days, on their site and on a list of others that I have never heard of. After a few months went by, I finally decided to call OSM to find out what was going on. I had to beg them to put the car back on Ebay for a few more days, but all I got were ridiculous offers. After a few more months passed I finally gave up hope and never bothered calling these people again. One day when I least expected it, I received a call from an interested buyer over one year later. After some haggling, I reached an agreement with the interested party and sold it for quite a bit less than what OSM predicted I could get for it. The point is that OSM never lived up to their promises, in fact, I found out that the guy who called me and promised me the world left their employ a short time afterward. Futhemore, I always wondered why whenever I would conduct a search for a vehicle for myself, the OSM site never seemed to appear.

Joe Isuzu Nov 06, 2009

If you want in inside look on how folks like this operate, rent the DVD of the movie "THE GREAT WALL OF SOUND". Same idea, but in the music business. Ask for money up fron to "cover expenses" and then disappear.

Joe Isuzu Nov 06, 2009

As noted above, the FCC has already gone after these folks. The Federal Trade Commission won't be far behind.

And even individuals can sue them under the "Do not Call" act for up to $5000 per infraction.

But outfits like this, operating out of mail-drops, simply re-group and re-incorporate under a new name and start over again.

It is like the invention broker business. The government tries to shut them down, but they just proliferate under new names. Shut one down, and you just help the competition.

THE CONSUMER has to be vigilent and not respond to robo-calls, "hard sell" telemarketers and smooth and fast talkers.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.

NO ONE can sell your car for more than it is *WORTH*, period.

Joe Isuzu Nov 06, 2009

Here's the deal. They continually robo-call you from the phone number you list on your advertisement. That should be a big tip off right there. If you respond to a robo-call, shame on you.

I "pressed 1" for an associate and told them to stop calling me. I also mentioned that their robo-calls violate the Federal "Do Not Call" laws and the lady started shouting at me that by listing my phone number in a classified ad, I automatically took my name off the "do not call list".

I am a Lawyer, they are not. Let me tell you the real truth: Putting your name in an ad to sell your car is an invitation for people who want to buy your car to call you. It does not "automatically remove your number from the do not call list" nor is an invitation for people to call you to offer marketing services.

They are lying. Do you want to do business with liars? If so, guess which direction things are going to go in.

This is a *CLASSIC* scam and popular whenever people have something they have trouble selling. For example, a few years back, the "Timeshare Resale" scam worked the same way. Folks would tell you they could sell your timeshare, for the low low price of $500. They print up a magazine and put your name and photo in it. Guess what? Your timeshare doesn't sell.

Today, people are struggling to sell cars, boats, motorhomes, motorcycles, and other toys in this recessionary economy. So these types of scamsters have re-focused on this new, lucrative market.

Technically, this is not illegal, as they did what they said they would do - "advertise" your vehicle. But unlike AUTOTRADER or even Craigslist, these folks don't have many listings or many "hits" to their website(s) other than the people putting their cars up for sale.

THE USED CAR MARKET HAS TANKED. Ditto for motorcycles, motorhomes, boats and other "toys". As people are getting laid off, these are the first things they sell. So it is hard to sell them.

Paying $500 to sell your car is not likely to sell it. Lowering your price by $500 is far more likely. Look at nadaguides.com, kbb.com, and edmunds.com and be realistic on your pricing. When something is priced right, it sells. All the advertising in the world won't help, if your vehicle is overpriced. Vehicles are commodity items, and no matter how "special" or "custom" you think your clapped-out ride is, no one is going to pay over book value for it, or these days, even book value.

And look at their website and look at the joke prices on vehicles there - some with no pictures at all! Some marketing!

ANYONE who asks for money up front, well, you should be careful of.

Caveat Emptor

• Si
    si man Oct 30, 2009

If you look at the majority of these complaints they are not even customers of OSM. How can you base a complaint on the fact that you never spent a dime with said company? Maybe if the majority of these people would have chossen OSM, for their services then they would have ground to stand on. How can you call a company a scam if said company never recieved a dime from you. COME ON PEOPLE!!! GET A GRIP!!! One Stop Motors did me justice, I listed my classic car with them and as promised they sold my vehicle in a timely fashion thanks so much what a help.

Jared B. Oct 06, 2009

After experiencing many of these issues I received a call from the CEO of One Stop Motors and was able to come to a satisfactory resolution. Thank you Ray.

Jared B. Oct 06, 2009

I was taken for $300. One Stop Motors is a huge SCAM!!! They will steal your money!

• Hu
    HunterJames Jul 09, 2009

This shameless telemarking company build their business on lies and scam. Beware!

Here is my encounter with them...
    I posted my car for sale on Craigslist. The same day, I received phone call from One Stop Motors. They told me the same thing about selling the car for me…

I asked them where did they get my phone number. OSM claimed that Craigslist sold my phone number to them, that is how Craigslist can provide free service.

I know that is not true because as stated in every Craigslist posting, “It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests”.

My guess is that they have a automated program that search for phone number on craigslist posting.
    This is wrong as Craigslist stated that it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests”.

I hope Craigslist sue OSM.

It’s a shame that this company builds their business model on lie and scam and get away with it.

• Ha
    HaydenRamson Jul 06, 2009

One Stop Motors under investigation by Federal Communication Commission as of April 2009

In the matter of

NOTICE OF APPARENT LIABILITY FOR FORFEITURE

Adopted: April 30, 2009 Released: May 1, 2009

By the Chief, Enforcement Bureau:

INTRODUCTION
    In this Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (“NAL”)1, we find that One Stop Motors, Inc. (“One Stop Motors”)2 apparently willfully or repeatedly violated section 227 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (“Act”), and the Commission’s related rules and orders, by delivering at least one unsolicited, prerecorded advertising message to at least one consumer.3 Based on the facts and circumstances surrounding the apparent violation, we find that One Stop Motors is apparently liable for a forfeiture in the amount of $4, 500.
    BACKGROUND
    Section 227(b)(1)(B) prohibits any person from initiating “any telephone call to any residential telephone line using any artificial or prerecorded voice to deliver a message without the prior express consent of the called party, unless the call is initiated for emergency purposes or is exempted by rule or order by the Commission.”4 Section 64.1200(a)(2) of the Commission's rules provides exemptions to the prohibition for calls: 1) made for emergency purposes; 2) not made for a commercial purpose; 3) made for a commercial purpose but “not including or introducing an unsolicited advertisement5 or constituting a telephone solicitation”;6 4) to any person “with whom the caller has an established business relationship7 at the time the call is made”; or 5) “made by or on behalf of a tax-exempt nonprofit organization.”8
    On March 9, 2007, in response to one or more consumer complaints alleging that One Stop Motors had delivered unsolicited, prerecorded advertising messages, the Commission staff issued a citation9 to One Stop Motors, pursuant to section 503(b)(5) of the Act.10 The staff cited One Stop Motors for delivering one or more unsolicited, prerecorded advertising messages to a residential telephone line for car sales services, in violation of section 227 of the Act and the Commission’s related rules and orders. The citation warned One Stop Motors that subsequent violations could result in the imposition of monetary forfeitures of up to $11, 000 per violation, and included copies of the consumer complaints that formed the basis of the citation.11 The citation informed One Stop Motors that within 30 days of the date of the citation, it could either request an interview with Commission staff, or could provide a written statement responding to the citation. One Stop Motors did not request an interview or otherwise respond to the citation.12
    Despite the citation’s warning that subsequent violations could result in the imposition of monetary forfeitures, we have received an additional consumer complaint indicating that One Stop Motors continued to engage in such conduct after receiving the citation.13 We base our action here specifically on a complaint filed by a consumer establishing that One Stop Motors continued to deliver one unsolicited, prerecorded advertising message to a consumer after the date of the citation.14
    Section 503(b) of the Act authorizes the Commission to assess a forfeiture for each violation of the Act, or of any rule, regulation, or order issued by the Commission under the Act, by a non-common carrier or other entity not specifically designated in section 503 of the Act. The maximum penalty for such a violation is $11, 000 for a violation occurring before September 2, 2008, and $16, 000 for a violation occurring on or after September 2, 2008.15 In exercising such authority, we are to take into account “the nature, circumstances, extent, and gravity of the violation and, with respect to the violator, the degree of culpability, any history of prior offenses, ability to pay, and such other matters as justice may require.”16
    DISCUSSION
    Violations of the Commission’s Rules Restricting Unsolicited Prerecorded Messages
    We find that One Stop Motors apparently violated section 227 of the Act and the Commission’s related rules and orders by delivering at least one unsolicited, prerecorded advertising messages to the consumer identified in the Appendix. This NAL is based on evidence that a consumer received an unsolicited prerecorded message from One Stop Motors after the Commission staff’s citation. The prerecorded message advertises a car sales service. Further, we find that the unsolicited, prerecorded message at issue here was not made for any emergency or non-commercial purposes, and was not on behalf of a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, but was commercial in nature and included an unsolicited advertisement or constituted a telephone solicitation. In addition, according to the complaint, the consumer neither had an established business relationship with One Stop Motors nor gave One Stop Motors permission to deliver the unsolicited, prerecorded message.17 The prerecorded message at issue here therefore falls within the definition of an “unsolicited advertisement.”18 Based on the entire record, including the consumer complaint, we conclude that One Stop Motors apparently violated section 227 of the Act and the Commission’s related rules and orders by delivering one unsolicited, prerecorded advertising message to one consumer.
    Proposed Forfeiture

We find that One Stop Motors is apparently liable for a forfeiture in the amount of $4, 500. Although the Commission’s Forfeiture Policy Statement does not establish a base forfeiture amount for violating the prohibition on delivering unsolicited, prerecorded advertising messages to a residential telephone line, the Commission’s Enforcement Bureau has found these violations to be similar in nature to violating the prohibition against using a telephone facsimile machine to send unsolicited advertisements.19 The Commission has previously considered $4, 500 per unsolicited fax advertisement to be an appropriate base amount.20 We apply that base amount to one apparent unsolicited, prerecorded advertising message violation. Thus, a total forfeiture of $4, 500 is proposed. One Stop Motors will have the opportunity to submit evidence and arguments in response to this NAL to show that no forfeiture should be imposed or that some lesser amount should be assessed.21
    IV. CONCLUSION AND ORDERING CLAUSES
    We have determined that One Stop Motors, Inc. apparently violated section 227 of the Act and the Commission’s related rules and orders by delivering at least one unsolicited, prerecorded advertising message to the consumer identified in the Appendix. We have further determined that One Stop Motors, Inc. is apparently liable for a forfeiture in the amount of $4, 500.
    Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED, pursuant to section 503(b) of the Act, 47 U.S.C. § 503(b), and section 1.80 of the Rules, 47 C.F.R. § 1.80, and under the authority delegated by sections 0.111 and 0.311 of the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R. §§ 0.111, 0.311, that One Stop Motors, Inc. is hereby NOTIFIED of this APPARENT LIABILITY FOR A FORFEITURE in the amount of $4, 500 for willful or repeated violations of section 227(b)(1)(B) of the Communications Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227(b)(1)(B), sections 64.1200(a)(2) of the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(a)(2), and the related orders described in the paragraphs above.
    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT, pursuant to section 1.80 of the Commission’s rules, 22 within thirty (30) days of the release date of this Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, One Stop Motors, Inc. SHALL PAY the full amount of the proposed forfeiture or SHALL FILE a written statement seeking reduction or cancellation of the proposed forfeiture.
    Payment of the forfeiture must be made by check or similar instrument, payable to the order of the Federal Communications Commission. The payment must include the NAL/Account Number and FRN Number referenced above. Payment by check or money order may be mailed to Federal Communications Commission, P.O. Box 979088, St. Louis, MO [protected]. Payment by overnight mail may be sent to U.S. Bank – Government Lockbox #979088, SL-MO-C2-GL, 1005 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101. Payment by wire transfer may be made to ABA Number [protected], receiving bank TREAS/NYC, and account number [protected]. For payment by credit card, an FCC Form 159 (Remittance Advice) must be submitted. When completing the FCC Form 159, enter the NAL/Account number in block number 23A (call sign/other ID), and enter the letters “FORF” in block number 24A (payment type code). One Stop Motor will also send electronic notification on the date said payment is made to [email protected] Requests for full payment under an installment plan should be sent to: Chief Financial Officer -- Financial Operations, 445 12th Street, S.W., Room 1-A625, Washington, D.C. 20554. Please contact the Financial Operations Group Help Desk at [protected] or Email: [email protected] with any questions regarding payment procedures.
    The response, if any, must be mailed both to the Office of the Secretary, Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20554, ATTN: Enforcement Bureau – Telecommunications Consumers Division, and to Colleen Heitkamp, Chief, Telecommunications Consumers Division, Enforcement Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20554, and must include the NAL/Acct. No. referenced in the caption.
    The Commission will not consider reducing or canceling a forfeiture in response to a claim of inability to pay unless the petitioner submits: (1) federal tax returns for the most recent three-year period; (2) financial statements prepared according to generally accepted accounting practices; or (3) some other reliable and objective documentation that accurately reflects the petitioner’s current financial status. Any claim of inability to pay must specifically identify the basis for the claim by reference to the financial documentation submitted.
    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that a copy of this Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture shall be sent by Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested and First Class Mail to One Stop Motors, Inc., Attention: Rob Wilder, 2950 South Rancho Drive, Ste 200, Las Vegas, NV 89102.
    FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

Kris Anne Monteith

Chief, Enforcement Bureau

APPENDIX

Complainant received unsolicited prerecorded messages Violation Date(s)
    Leroy Goodknecht 5/18/08

1 See 47 U.S.C. § 503(b)(1). The Commission has the authority under this section of the Act to assess a forfeiture against any person who has “willfully or repeatedly failed to comply with any of the provisions of this Act or of any rule, regulation, or order issued by the Commission under this Act ...” See also 47 U.S.C. § 503(b)(5) (stating that the Commission has the authority under this section of the Act to assess a forfeiture penalty against any person who does not hold a license, permit, certificate or other authorization issued by the Commission or an applicant for any of those listed instrumentalities so long as such person (A) is first issued a citation of the violation charged; (B) is given a reasonable opportunity for a personal interview with an official of the Commission, at the field office of the Commission nearest to the person’s place of residence; and (C) subsequently engages in conduct of the type described in the citation).

2 According to publicly available information, One Stop Motors has offices at 2950 South Rancho Ste 200, Las Vegas, NV 89102. Rob Wilder is listed as the contact person for One Stop Motors. Accordingly, all references in this NAL to One Stop Motors also encompass the foregoing individual and all other principals and officers of this entity, as well as the corporate entity itself.

3 See 47 U.S.C. § 227(b)(1)(B); 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(a)(2).

4 47 U.S.C. § 227(b)(1)(B); 47 C.F.R. §64.1200(a)(2).

5 An “unsolicited advertisement” is defined as “any material advertising the commercial availability or quality of any property, goods, or services which is transmitted to any person without that person's prior express invitation or permission in writing or otherwise.” 47 U.S.C. §227(a)(4); 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(f)(13).

6 A “telephone solicitation” is defined as “the initiation of a telephone call or message for the purpose of encouraging the purchase or rental of, or investment in, property, goods, or services, which is transmitted to any person, but such term does not include a call or message (A) to any person with that person’s prior express invitation or permission, (B) to any person with whom the caller has an established business relationship, or (C) by a tax- exempt nonprofit organization. ” 47 U.S.C. §227(a)(3); 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(f)(12). We have previously found that “prerecorded messages containing free offers and information about goods and services that are commercially available are prohibited to residential telephone subscribers, if not otherwise exempt.” TCPA Revisions Report and Order, 18 FCC Rcd [protected]).

7 An “established business relationship” is defined as “a prior or existing relationship formed by a voluntary two-way communication between a person or entity and a residential subscriber with or without an exchange of consideration, on the basis of the subscriber’s purchase or transaction with the entity within the eighteen (18) months immediately preceding the date of the telephone call or on the basis of the subscriber’s inquiry or application regarding products or services offered by the entity within the three months immediately preceding the date of the call, which relationship has not been previously terminated by either party.” 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(f)(4).

8 47 U.S.C. §227(b)(1)(B); 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(a)(2).

9 Citation from Kurt A. Schroeder, Deputy Chief, Telecommunications Consumers Division, Enforcement Bureau, File No. EB-07-TC-809, issued to One Stop Motors on March 9, 2007.

10 See 47 U.S.C. § 503(b)(5) (authorizing the Commission to issue citations to persons who do not hold a license, permit, certificate or other authorization issued by the Commission or an applicant for any of those listed instrumentalities for violations of the Act or of the Commission’s rules and orders).

11 Commission staff mailed the citation to One Stop Motors, 2950 South Rancho Dr., Suite 200, Las Vegas, Nevada [protected]. See n.2, supra.

12 Following the issuance of the citation, the Commission continued to receive complaints alleging that One Stop Motors placed unsolicited, prerecorded calls to residential consumers. These complaints resulted in the issuance of an additional citation against One Stop Motors, Citation from Kurt A. Schroeder, Deputy Chief, Telecommunications Consumers Division, Enforcement Bureau, File No. EB-07-TC-981, issued to One Stop Motors on June 1, 2007.

13 See Appendix for a listing of the consumer complaint against One Stop Motors requesting Commission action.

14 We note that evidence of additional instances of unlawful conduct by One Stop Motors may form the basis of subsequent enforcement action.

15 Section 503(b)(2)(C) provides for forfeitures up to $10, 000 for each violation in cases not covered by subparagraph (A) or (B), which address forfeitures for violations by licensees and common carriers, among others. See 47 U.S.C. § 503(b). In accordance with the inflation adjustment requirements contained in the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, Pub. L. 104-134, Sec. 31001, 110 Stat. 1321, the Commission implemented an increase of the maximum statutory forfeiture under section 503(b)(2)(C) first to $11, 000 and more recently to $16, 000. See 47 C.F.R. §1.80(b)(3); Amendment of Section 1.80 of the Commission’s Rules and Adjustment of Forfeiture Maxima to Reflect Inflation, 15 FCC Rcd [protected]) (forfeiture maximum for this type of violator set at $11, 000); Amendment of Section 1.80(b) of the Commission’s Rules and Adjustment of Forfeiture Maxima to Reflect Inflation, 19 FCC Rcd [protected]) (amendment of section 1.80(b) to reflect inflation left the forfeiture maximum for this type of violator at $11, 000); Amendment of Section 1.80(b) of the Commission’s Rules, Adjustment of Forfeiture Maxima to Reflect Inflation, 23 FCC Rcd [protected]) (amendment of section 1.80(b) to reflect inflation increased the forfeiture maximum for this type of violator at $16, 000).

16 47 U.S.C. § 503(b)(2)(D); The Commission’s Forfeiture Policy Statement and Amendment of Section 1.80 of the Rules to Incorporate the Forfeiture Guidelines, Report and Order, 12 FCC Rcd 17087, 17100-01 para. 27 (1997) (Forfeiture Policy Statement), recon. denied, 15 FCC Rcd 303 (1999).

17 See complaint dated May 18, 2008, from Leroy Goodknecht (stating that he had never done any business with the company, never made an inquiry or application to the company, and never gave permission for the company to make the call). The complainant involved in this action is listed in the Appendix below.

18 See 47 U.S.C. § 227(a)(4); 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200(f)(13).

19 See Warrior Custom Golf, Inc., Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, 19 FCC Rcd. 23648, 23652 (Enf. Bur. 2004) (“ Warrior Custom Golf”) (first NAL to address pre-recorded advertising messages); see also Septic Safety, Inc., Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, 20 FCC Rcd. 2179 (Enf. Bur. 2005); Septic Safety, Inc., Forfeiture Order, 21 FCC Rcd.6868 (Enf. Bur. 2006); 1 Home Lending Corporation, d/b/a Capital Line Financial, LLC., Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, 21 FCC Rcd. 11852 (Enf. Bur. 2006); 1 Home Lending Corporation, d/b/a Capital Line Financial, LLC., Forfeiture Order, DA 09-539, released March 10, 2009.

20 See Get-Aways, Inc., Notice of Apparent Liability For Forfeiture, 15 FCC Rcd [protected]); Get-Aways, Inc., Forfeiture Order, 15 FCC Rcd [protected]); see also US Notary, Inc., Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, 15 Rcd [protected]); US Notary, Inc., Forfeiture Order, 16 FCC Rcd [protected]); Tri-Star Marketing, Inc., Notice of Apparent Liability For Forfeiture, 15 FCC Rcd [protected]); Tri-Star Marketing, Inc., Forfeiture Order, 15 FCC Rcd [protected]).

21 See 47 U.S.C. § 503(b)(4)(C); 47 C.F.R. § 1.80(f)(3).

22 47 C.F.R. § 1.80.