Nuvell National Auto FinanceBad Car Loan

Nuvell is definitely filled with crooks, liars, and just blatantly rude and unscrupulous people. I had a car loan that I shouldn't have even qualified for in 2004, at an outrageous rate. My payment was $450 for a $13, 000 car with a trade-in I still owed $4, ooo on which was worth about $1500-$2000, and this was a 60 month loan. I was working 2 jobs at the time, but I lost my part time job. They did nothing to work with me as far as a lower car payment. I informed them I was making $1300 less monthly than I was when I had 2 jobs and they refused to work with me. They were under the impression I was BRINGING HOME $3500 monthly. I didn't make that much BEFORE taxes. They even suggested I pawn stuff I owned in order to keep up with the payment. WTF? When I told them I couldn't afford the payment and the car was waiting for them to come and get it, they took a month to come for it. They told me to make a payment and that would keep me current until the following month. Duh!! What happens the following month when I didn't have enough for rent, which was less than the car I was paying for? They called my like 20 times a day, but that's what caller ID is for when the people you're dealing with are a**holes. I let them repo it and just said I'd take the hit and pay it off when I got around to it. In the mean time, I just got a little piece of car to get me from point A to point B. 2 years later, it goes to their collections dept, and the last date of activity was 03/2007-02/2009. WTF??? I know they can't update the last date of activity to cover a 2 year span. At least I've read this is an illegal practice. What kind of sh** is that? I thought the date was supposed to be from the very last payment plus 7.5 years. The car was repo'ed in May of 2005, and I haven't been in contact with them. If it was repo'ed in may, I would've been Nov or Dec when it went to collections, and it would've been 7.5 years from then at the most. What's up with the 02/2009 last activity date? What's up with the collections dates covering a 2 year span? I have a theory. They like screwing people over, approving bad loans to get more money and reaging accounts to screw up people's credit. My credit is poor, I'll admit, but I am working on it currentlybecause now I'm wiser and can manage my money better.. I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be. Do believe, I'll be disputing the info, and complaining about some of their practices. Hopefully, the company will disappear with the failing economy, but I guess the mighty cockroach has ways of surviving just about anything. Here's to wishful thinking.

More Nuvell National Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews

• Te
    Ternie Aug 01, 2009

I have had an account with Nuvell for 2+ years. Just recently, they changed their account information and I now pay my payments through National Auto Finance. They sent me the letter with the account # on it to set up my online billing. The account number they gave me was incorrect. I had to call them and wait on hold for over 10 minutes for them to tell me that they purposely did that for "security purposes." Not to mention I can barely understand the people on the other end of the phone. They finally did give me the correct account number. Then, a few days later, they have the NERVE to send me a letter stating that I have not made my payment for the month, and that if I don't make a timely payment, they will report that I haven't made my payment to the credit bureau. HELLO! I made my payment a WEEK before it was due, and it took YOUR organization another week after I made payment to withdrawal it from my account. So when I called back to tell them such, they said it was considered late because of THEIR system changes. I am reporting their shenanigans to the BBB and will be looking for a new lender.

• Fe
    Ferrkits Aug 17, 2009

I have the same problem. I made my July payment Part in money order and the rest in a personal check. The first week of Aug 09 I get a call about julys payment not being made. I told them I sent a money order and check in the same envelope with their payment slip. They looked and confirmed they had gotten the money order but said they did not get the check. I went to my bank the next day which was August 7th 09 and got a print out of my account the check I sent them had been cashed. I faxed my print out to them to prove they had gotten the whole payment for july. This issue is still not resolved they call and harrass me every day . they are susposed to be investigating this matter but the calls wont stop I am considering contacting an attorney.. I am also going to contact the BBB and the attorney general for my state.

Angeld6801 Sep 29, 2009

The same things is happening to me now. I bought a 2001 Nis Pathfinder back in Jan 2004 from a Nissan Dealership which was finance threw NUVELL Financial Services LLC but is now "National Auto Finance Company". I took a 66 month contract which would end in Sept 2009. I have never missed a payment or have been late. I verified my info back in Dec 08 with NUVELL to assure my info was correct and uptodate. I was told that once my contract ended they would send my title. I was also assured there would be no extra charges because it was all included in my payments. I just received a bill from National Auto Finance Company letting me know that they had just switched over from NUVELL. I noticed that the bill had a balance that did not match my agreement. I called NAFC they told me that I still had 5 more payments instead of 2 which pushed me to Feb 2010. When I asked why I was told that they are estimated finance charges which contradicts NUVELL back in December. I tried going threw the BBB but they could not resolve the issue and closed my complaint as "Unresolved" ... NUVELL or Nation Auto what ever they want to call themselves are nothing but a bunch of crooks!

• Mr
    Mrs. Del Sep 29, 2009

Seriously, someone or a group needs to sue the hell out of these jerks, they send letters out from Nuvell with people that dont exist, and with phone number with extensions that dont exist. I say " Class Action" ###. If someone was to take them to court, i am sure all the nooks will come out of the crannies.

• Na
    Natural Oct 20, 2009

The same the is happening to me. They gave me an incorrect account number and now my account is showing that I am several months past due. Never mind that my bank statment shows otherwise! Do you think it mattered that I faxed a bank statement to them? HE_ _ NO! One of the payments was resubmitted to my bank account another one that I paid on NATIONAL'S website had to be canceled. Who know's where the other payment is! Now tomorrow I have to leave my JOB and send a moneygram by 2:00p.m. tomorrow. Is it just me or does someithing not sound right about that? And RUDE does not even begin to describe their employees! They can know that they are as wrong as the day is long but they will NOT apologize. Their excuse was that there are problems with their new system; so sad too bad for the customer. Someone please tell me who I can submit a complaint to.

• Si
    Sickentired Oct 31, 2009

Agree 100% with everyone! I have been bothered to the point of high blood pressure and undue stress with NUVELL/NATIONAL AUTO FINANCE! Last year they agreed to defer payments because my area was in a "Federally Declared" disaster area from Hurricane Gustav, signed and put into law by President George W. Bush. Earlier this year I was unemployed and couldn't get any other deferments so I took food out of my mouth to pay these crooks. Being of the lucky few, I found a job in May, now they have the gall to call my job, despite never giving them my job's number and asking them politely not to. They call my phone at various times of the day over the same bills they deferred. I can only pay them once a month at $505 as I don't live in my car, I have a house, other bills and a wife. Apparently neither they, National or GM communicate nor can you get through when you need them for anything important. There has to be a law or class action lawsuit against these people, if so I want in on it. I'm on the verge of filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission because of their unfair business tactics and way I've been treated. Everywhere I look on the Internet someone is complaining about Nuvell or National; either they're calling from the hundreds of different phone numbers they use as they're stopping at nothing to find you! Forget the Mafia, now there's Nuvell! Nuvell...go to hell!

• Fe
    FEEDUP2009 Nov 04, 2009

It sounds if as the same is happening with all of Nuvell Customers!!!What's the chance of this happening? We have had our account number changed three times, within a 4 month period, without notification!! So when they receive payment, and the account number on the check does not match their records, they start calling with non-payment calls!!! After we verifiy, with the bank, payment has been recieved then we have to go through the ordeal with Nuvell! It's not just the ordeal with Nuvell, when you call the customer service representative can not understand you and vice versa!!! Now, its time for renewal on car insurance. My insurance agents just notified me that they have mailed our renewal policy to Nuvell. The mail came back returned because the address do not exist anymore!! So have they moved without notifing customers? My insurance agent and I have the same address for Nuvell. Or least I will see by the 20th of the month if our payment will be returned as well!! Now keep in mind we have had our 2005 Truck since 2007. we are like the rest of you...NUVELL CAN GO TO HELL WITH GASOLINE PANTS ON!!!

• Cm
    cmh2010 Jan 21, 2010

I am having the same problem with National Auto Finance. I was supposed to get a 2 month no payment plan and the payments would be added to the end. They still call saying i am 2 months behind!!!

carlson3 Jan 26, 2010

I need to also join in and want a class action lawsuit against nuvell and national auto finance company. It went from nuvell to national auto finance and they changed the account number on us and we have made over 30 payments and they only received 16 and we are making 2 payments of 436.00 each month that totals 872.00 a month and no one seems to know where the payments are going. They are saying we are always 3 months behind. They also keep calling us everyday. Please help. Thank You.

• Er
    erneets Jan 30, 2010

I am also filing a complaint with the better business burea. I have two more payments on my car which I might as well gone to the mafia for with the outrageous amount they charged and now they are telling me I owe 10 more payment. I have a signed contract for 72 payments. I will pay no more. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. You cant call and talk to anyone as they dont speak english. How convenient.

• Gi
    Gill_D/FW Feb 03, 2010

Just as everyone eles has said. I too have had many " run in's" with so called customer service of this poorly run company. I have had calls back to back with in 5 mins. of each other. I told them I just spoke to someone in youe dept. and still had to listen to thier "B.S."
    They think they have the right to know my personal information had try to tell me how I should go about my day to day affairs.
    Looks as if Nuvell/National auto was in a class action law suit in 2002. The judge awarded the counsel of the plantiff 30% of the total award $ 525, 000 dollars, looks like the total of the suit was $1, 675, 000 dollars. So it really doesn't sound like anything has changed for this group of low life's over the years, even after being found GUILTY in a court of law.

I feel your pain...

• Ir
    Irritated and fed up Feb 06, 2010

I am going through the same issues as many of you are. I have not always been the best cusomter as far as payments on time. But they are telling me that I owe nine payments when in actuality I only owe two. I went on line and counted up the payments and even called to discuss it with the customer service rep who wasn't nice at all. She talked down to me as if I was an incompetent ###. I went to a lawyer for advice and after looking over all my statements and payment history he agreed I was correct and should follow up with a complaint to the BBB and a lawsuit if the company didn't make the corrrections on their end. I am also really tired of the calls beginning at 8am and then every 5 minutes after. When you tell the person on the other line that you just spoke to someone else they say "oh yes I see here in the notes you were contacted and have made arrangements". Then still want to verify you name, address, etc.

• Jv
    jvjj77 Feb 08, 2010

Wow, I'm blown away by the fact that we can't seem to figure it out. For the last couple of months I've noticed the same thing, and in all honesty I don't want to pay them anymore...because I'm wondering if this is even a legitimate company anymore. I called BBB and gave them the phone number [protected], and it was not recognized. This is the number for customer service. I'm so afraid it's going to get repo'd but I can't afford to pay towards a scam.

My account number has also changed, they have numbers that lead you no where, and you can no longer recieve a payoff quote at the time you request. The people I've talked to are very obviously in another country...and it doesn't matter what I say or ask...they read me a line. I can most certainly tell. I am 3 months behind now, and want to use my income tax to pay off...BUT WHO am I paying off? How can we find out if this is a legitimate company anymore if the BBB is not recognizing. Who else can we call?

• Du
    dudeonthebayou Feb 24, 2010

My problem with National Auto Fianance, this month they ran through a electronic payment without authorization. What a bunch of crooks.

• Ci
    citygirl76 Feb 24, 2010

I am dealing with Nuvell/ National Auto Finance or whoever. They call constantly, they invade your privacy. I admit I am behind because I need to eat and so do my KIDS. What is it with this company or crooks. When you call, no one answers or your get disconneted. They can reach you; however you cannot reach them.I sent a payment one month and they didn't get it until the next month, because the address had changed. Was that my fault or the company for not informing the customers about the CHANGE OF ADDRESS. I agree with everyone who commented! WTH!!!

MadinILL Mar 30, 2010

Leased a car thru Saab Financial Services, made every payment on time, then turned it in and leased another (this time thru GMAC). 2+ years later, I've got a collection agency calling me because Nuvell says I owe them ~$1700!!! Because I chose not to "settle" for $800 right away, they've sent bad stuff to the credit bureaus and called me a couple times a day until I sent a letter that made them stop. A month ago, I asked for an itemized statement - that is, what do they claim this money is for - and I haven't received anything yet. They did send me a copy of my lease which proves nothing - I never said I didn't lease the car. Things I've learned: First, if you write the collection agency a letter that you dispute the charge, they must stop calling. If they continue to call, this is illegal. You must write a letter - a call doesn't work - and send it with a return receipt (so you get a card indicating when they received the letter so they cannot say they never received it). Second, if they cannot provide you with proof (an itemized statement), then they cannot collect. I was hoping this was a simple mistake, but perhaps the BBB, Attorney General, FTC and lawyer will eventually get involved...

• Di
    Diamond2Sxy Mar 31, 2010

I totally agree w/what everyone has said because I too have been through a hell of a lot w/the Nuvell/National Auto Finance/GMAC. I admit I have fallen ion some hard times getting hit w/12 unpaid furlough days (I work for the State of New Jersey), I am blessed to still have a job w/benefits but as any other human being, I have a mortgage to pay, bills and I didn't even mention food. As for them calling you, I am like you, WTF! Starting at 8AM & every half and hour, home phone & the office and yes, you can not even understand them, then they want to verify your address, I tell them "whatever you have in the computer" and I hang up. Better yet, they will have someone call you and ask for you by your 1st name like they "actually" know you. I honestly regret ever dealing with this company, it was a rip off deal anyway but you live & you learn. I don't have much longer to go, like a year and I am quite sure they will find some thing to add on, trust & belv, I will do research on the next company I deal with. I am looking to trade this car in, not worth anything really. Someone def. needs to file a lawsuit against them and the BBB needs to keep all complaints on them. Honestly, they all can burn in hell! People, I def. know what you are going through, I have learned to just not even answer the phone or if I do talk to them, I tell them when payment w/b made and then hang up.

Jan Griffith Apr 07, 2010

I got up this morning to find out Nuvell stole my car. Our payment was due on 3/15/10 which we called to say it would be late and would be paying on 4/9/10 along with our 4/15/09 payment. When calling there all they would tell us is that our moneygram from Walmart that we sent in January and February was reversed on 3/30/10. Keep in mind they are the ones who told us to do the moneygram at Walmart and also our statements are saying that the moneygrams were received by their company and applied. We explained to them that we have it there in black and white that they did recieve the moneygrams and its shows right there on our statement. Their response was it was I dont know but you still owe us January and February. What happened to our money we used for the moneygram? And why after they applied the moneygram are they saying it was reversed 2 months later? What does reversed mean anyway? They couldn't tell us. Now to get the car back we have gotten 3 different amounts from their customer service department who by the way are in the Phillipines. We will pay what they want just to get our car back and go after them later but now they want another Walmart moneygram and we refuse to do that in fear that this will happen again. We asked if we could send them a payment electronically as we were talking to them from our computer through our bank and they refused. Moneygram or you dont get your car back. What is wrong with this picture. We are calling a lawyer today to have this investigated. They make you feel like you did something wrong. I have paid off many of cars and this is the worst experience I have ever had with an auto financial company. As far as I'm concerned, Nuvell stole my car and they have not heard the last from us.

angrycarbuyer Apr 29, 2010

I despise this "company" with the passion. The folks in customer service tell you one thing after another, all different stories. I ask for statements numerous times but they never get sent. My husband was active duty in the Marine Corps, got out for a couple years, went into the Marine Corps Reserves. When he activated I called right away to get the fax number so we could get the interest rate lowered on his car loan. Which was 17%. For the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act, you have to request it from the lender. I faxed his orders NUMEROUS times as well as mailed. MONTHS went by before his interest rate was finally lowered. Every time I called "we have nothing". But they sure got the power of attorney so I could talk with them about his acct? They are all a bunch of liars and crooks...I will agree with that one.

We've had this car for over 5 years, it's still not paid off. We've been through career changes, job losses, moves, and getting this company to do ANYTHING for you is like pulling teeth. They are all rude. When you call to speak with a manager they ask "Why do you need to speak with a manager" over and over. I've yelled, screamed, cried...just about every time I've been on the phone with these people.

It's by far the WORST finance company I have ever come across. Buyer beware as they say.

• Ba
    bama102467 May 10, 2010

Bought a car back in MAY OF 2005. So I have been dealing with these a##holes for quite sometime. No one speaks English, so you can never understand what they are saying, every now and then you might speak to someone that you can half ### understand. My wife and I financed 20, 000 dollars then 5 years ago and still owe 10, 000 dollars, what a freaking ripoff. We have gotten behind for the second time on this note, called to get an extension, first of all that was like pulling teeth, then in order to get the extension, they have you pay a 50 dollar fee which is actually 65 dollars to pay over the phone check fee another way of scamming money out of you. NUVELL AUTO FINANCE is one of the worst crooked, lying company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I hope that there is a class action lawsuit out there to help put these people out of business. I am going to definitely contact the BBB, and write some of our politicians so that hopefully some one will investigate these crooked people.

carlson3 Jun 15, 2010

They just stole my vehicle also. They did not show documents or say who he was or what company he was reposessing the van for. The van is almost paid off except for the interest. Stay way from them. If this has happened to you please reply as I am getting a class action lawsuit against them.

• Gm
    gman2 Jul 02, 2010

We also have had issues with them. Recently found out that our last payment was not the last payment. fyi If they post your payment late the interest is compounded daily on some loans so you will not find out until too late. They are the worst company i have ever dealt with. It took me two months calling waiting for replies (never happened), before I found out I will be paying 3600.00 more than I should have... i also believe them to be imcompetent, lying, deceitful, inhumane and the worst finance company I have ever seen.
    Unknowingly to us when we financed with Nuvell (same company, national auto finance, and GMAC). We had had problems before with National Auto Finance when we had another vehicle financed they were very slow on posting our payments hmmmmm. maybe they were making themselves some extra money... please let me know if you pursue them I sure would like to see something done to stop them and their unscruptous behavior..

• Fi
    FilmmakerGuy Jul 14, 2010

We're having an issue with them as well. This company is filled with rude, belligerent people who are paranoid of giving out ANY information (probably rightfully so). I did find out though that if you call any of their numbers during normal business hours and dial 00001 as the extension you want to reach, you will get either an operator or a member of the office staff.

Also, call their Florida number between 9am and 5pm at [protected] and hit 0 and you can speak to someone there. Ask how to get in touch with the CEO's office and leave messages there. Keep calling over and over and over and leave messages until someone calls you back. DO NOT settle for 'an account rep' who has no interest in helping you. INSIST that either someone from the CEO's office or the office where you could file a complaint call you back.

• 1m
    1_me Oct 26, 2010

out and out .. they suck. I get harrassing calls at 6am PST like it's nothing .. then calling back to back 5xs in a row ..

I hope these clowns fail in this failing ecomony

• Mg
    mgarlitz Oct 28, 2010

I have been with this company since 2006. My payments have been made on time except for one. They call every day saying that my monthly payment is late even though it gets paid 2 weeks before the due the date. I have received monthly statements with different amounts on them, so whatever amount is on the monthly statement is what gets paid and then they start calling and telling me that no matter what it says on the statement I am to pay what my contract says to pay. Well its not my problem that their company cant put the correct amount on the statement. Hell I even pay more than what is suppose to be paid so I can get my car paid off sooner. But according to them I still owe almost 2, 000. All they want is money and to rip people off. There needs to be a law suit filed against this company.

• Mg
    mgarlitz Oct 28, 2010

I seriously believe a lawsuit needs to be filed against this company. I have been dealing with them since 2006 and at first had no problems but once they switched over to National Auto Finance I have had problem after problem. I always make my payments 2 weeks before the due date and the day after the due is when the calls start coming. I pay what my monthly statements say to pay WHENEVER I get my monthly statement and I pay more then what I am suppose too. They start calling saying I still owe. It's not my problem they do not know how to put the correct amount on the statements or process the payments correctly. My car should almost be paid off but according to them I still owe almost 2, 000. Plus I have noticed that they have like 6 different addresses. They send the statement from one state and want you to send your payment to another state WTF... This company is just ripping people off and something needs to be done about it.

carlson3 Oct 28, 2010

You can make all the payments you want and they will come after your vehicle and repo it and sell it at Auction even after the law states that if over 60 % is paid on the loan you owe nothing it does not matter to them you will still owe whatever is left owed after the price they received after the Auction. Stay Away do not get financed throught these crooks. I am still looking for a attorney to handle this case.

• Si
    sisney5 Nov 27, 2010

We to are having the same problem with this company, we have being paying on a 2004 Grand Prix seems like forever, and they are saying that we still owe over 14, 000, the car costed that much when we bought it. Where is my money going ? or who have my money ? sisney5

• Ir
    IRKEDOFF Dec 22, 2010

I agree with each and every one of you all!!! They are just plain croooks for no good reason. I also heard from a salesman when I tried to trade my 2005 Cobalt in last year that they went bankrupt; that can be the reason why they are acting like pure jacka_ _ es to everyone. They are trying to recouperate all the money that they have lost from the company by harassing people on a daily basis when you have already spoken with them. Also I have been trying to figure out hw they got my work and new address which I didn't personally give no current info to them. They are worse than the MOB b/c they can find out everything about like they hire private detectives to personally look for you. It's a shame that I'm actually dealing with these people and once my car is paid off...GOOD RIDDENS! That make my blood pressure boil at an early age.

• Bi
    BigSuge Dec 31, 2010

I got my '04 jeep from Cherryhill Triplex in NJ, from a trade-in of my '99 jeep.The transaction took place in November '07.I'm thinking that I'm getting a good deal by supporting them and what do they do, set me up with a high [censor] interest rate of 18.9% for 66 mos.and the company is Nuvell/National/Allied, WT[censored] if I was to keep this vehicle by the time I finish on this the total payments would be $27, 000 for a$6500 vehicle.I want to cry so bad, but my anger won't let me do that.I'm unable to trade it in because of what I owe and now my trans is slipping, so I called my finance company (who I'm dealing with) and asked them for some support in getting my trans fixed and the reply was (Quote): We don't do that., (Unquote).The bottom line is that I'm not gonna pay for something that I'm not driving.One rep from Nuvell stated to me either surrender it and have it repoed, or if you can get rid of it them do so by (trade-in or what?)Cherryhill triplex "SUCK", Nuvell "SUCK", I jus want to be rid of them, what should I do???

• Bu
    bugnbmommy Feb 03, 2011

OH MY! I am currently experiencing the HORRIBLE customer service. My husband and I have realized that our home and family is more important than this scam they call an auto loan. In the past couple of days I have requested a payoff amount, to which I was told they couldn't tell me right then and would have to request one and that could take up to 4 days. Then proceeded to ask why I wanted the payoff, why was I wanting to settle, where was I going to get the money to settle IF they did, etc. The lady was obnoxiously rude! I told her quite frankly none of her business to which she replied "well you're 45 days late on this loan, so I highly doubt anyone would loan you the money." REALLY?? It's no concern of theirs where or how I get the money! On top of talking to numerous "supervisors", I was told they could not offer a settlement, reduce interest (which is 15% on a 18k loan that I should not have been approved for to begin with, financed for 72 months @ 430.00). I have had my 04 4runner for 3 years and they say I still owe 15k and 44 months. Mind you I have already paid around 36 or so. I asked the so-called supervisor if they would rather negotiate a settlement and they still make 4-5k or have them repo the vehicle, try to sue me later to which they won't get any money bc by then I would have filed bankruptcy. He just said they could not work with helping me in any way and that I signed a contract and it's non-negotiable. I am about to the point of letting them come get it. The only thing is my husbands name is on it and I would like to try and keep one of atleast with one nostril above water. And as I am typing this I receive an email that GMAC has now changed to Ally Auto! WTH!! Any ideas out there as to what to do?

• Lr
    LRWPORTER Feb 25, 2011

wow!!! i thought it was just me. i been with them for 6 years. i bought my 05 new. they are telling me i still owe them 15, 000. come on thats a rip off. at 490.00 a month u telling me i still have almost another 3 years to go. ill be paying for this car for 9 years, and its only worth 5, 000 now. i have been calling nobody no anything. i cant even get any help, and i been paying for 6 yrs. now. this company is so sad.

• Nu
    Nuvellsucks Mar 02, 2011

I am also sick and tired of these idiots. I also did a 2 month deferred payment in February 2011. I paid them my regular payment plus an extra $50 fee. My next payment is not supposed to be due until April 10. They called me everyday for the next week atleast 10 times a day. When I finally answered a lady who could barely speak english told me I still owed them $50 which was untrue because I paid them the extra money when i did the deferment. I gave her the confirmation number and the name of the lady I spoke with and she immediately apologized and said that I was right and that I would not be getting anymore phone calls regarding this matter. At 8:01 the very next morning the phone calls started again. I answered it told this particular lady that I did in fact pay the $50 and she told me that I didn't and that my deferment would not take effect until I did. At that point I hung up the phone and have been getting phone all day everyday ever since. I dont answer anymore. If anyone is planning on a class action suit against these [censor] I AM IN!

• Da
    dawnpeace Mar 04, 2011

This company sucks!!! They have repossessed my car and had to return it to us for false repossession due to their inacurate info. I have 9 more months and will never use this company again. The customer service folks are rude to the point of just down right obstinate.

• Da
    dawnpeace Mar 04, 2011

Please avoid financing a auto loan with this company at all costs!!! They are crooks, liars and cheaters!!! It's almost impossible to obtain correct info from customer service due to the fact they have changed business names, accounts and partnerships three or four times within the last five years. NOW ally.com owns the company and it is hard to make payments on-line and have them post directly to your account as paid. I am sooooooooooooooooo disgusted with this company to the point of reporting them to BBB and possible lawsuit!!!

carloanhostage Mar 15, 2011

Today I called to find out why they were calling when I had direct deposit. Spoke to non english speaker and several non english speaking supervisors. I was told that it was due to an NSF that I did in 11/09 and that they don't automatically set your account back up for direct deposit which is not what I was told on the phone when I made a payment. Please take note that they took the money out of my account on a day they were not supposed (resulting in NSF) to and I had paid on time for 3 years straight. I have never received a bill or statement from day 1. The one notice I did receive (nsf notice) referenced a phone number - NOT A BILL, NO PAYMENT ADDRESS! If they are not going to take money out automatically shouldnt I be given pay stubs or a bill in the mail so that I can pay? Now my credit has been dinged and they want late fees. I am held hostage and for what...their error. When is the lawsuit?

• Mi
    Milit90 Mar 28, 2011

I have been with this company since April of 2006. I thought my last payment would be next month but Nuvell is telling me I owe 12 more payments...WTF?? To make matters worst I just recieved a letter saying I have 5 days to pay 1000 dollars or I would no longer be able to continue with my contract. Ok? does that mean your coming to repo it??? Yes I have fallen behind recently but its not even 60 days behind and Iam able to pay up just not in 5 days. Do they honestly think that if I had 1, 000 dollars laying around that I would be late? WTF?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I bought this car when I returned home from my SECOND tour of Iraq and was so excited. Now I wish I would have never done it. HELP

• Cw
    CW2009 May 10, 2011

I have been with this company since May 2005. When speaking with someone to inform them I would be making a payment less than 2 weeks late through Money Gram, I was informed they would not work with me and claimed I was already one month behind. I reviewed my records with now, ally.com, and located they had reversed a payment in 12/05...for which, no one can explain to me the reasons. My 72 month term should be ending this month, however, they report I still owe 21 more payments. Upon further review of my account online, I found where they applied SEVERAL payments to finance charges ONLY and additionally have various amounts placed on the priniciple of my loan, like they just decided one month to credit my principle balance for 1.06 and retained the remaining 366 dollars towards their finance charges. I have researched this topic online and can not find anything on if this practice is illegal. I financed 13, 500 on this basic, no bells and whistles, car and have already paid 24, 336 dollars for it! If I end up not resolving this matter with them and have to pay an additional 21 payments, I will end up paying 31, 434 for this car! I wish I would have never financed my car through these loan sharks. I would love to be part of a class action suit!! Where do I sign up??

• Ka
    kattt Jul 01, 2011

My husband and I bought a car in 08' with a loan from national auto finance. The loan was for 15, 000 and it was set up on a 6 year. It was a high interest loan and our payment is around $350 a month. We have paid our payments though our bank automatically for 3 years and have never had a problem. Did I want a high interest loan and a 6 year payment? No, but we had bad credit then, and I am thankful that someone gave us a chance. You need to be know the terms of your loan and how much you will end up paying. Am I paying too much for my car? Yes, but that's what happens when you have bad credit. One person said that they were paying over $400 a month on a 9 year loan, that is your fault. Read your contract, know the terms of your loan, and pay your note on time. If you do these things no one can take your car or call you to harass you about paying your bill.

• Sp
    speedtrap2821 Jul 11, 2011

LOL, this is insane. We are in a similar boat with them. Financed a car thru them and all was going fine untill I lost my job. We ended up getting four extentions over two years and was greatful but it seems like the car will never be paid for. I just found this out but we've been paying now for a extra year and still have 1.5 payments left and $900 in fees. I dont get it. I have a friend that writes contracts for the Federal Government and he is going to look over our contract and all the paperwork they've sent us. I also have a attorney that helped us out with a situation with the state who said he'd look at it once my other friend puts all the pieces together. I'm thinking we may have something because all the payments and ammitorization charts dont add up. But then again, they are a bank and the current administration loves the banks and will let them do whatever they want to do. Come on 2012.