• Ca
    carmen saguin Aug 12, 2010

THIS IS A SCAM I ORDERED A FREE TRIAL FOR $ 9.99 INCLUDING TAX AND WAS CHARGED $86.35 CANADIAN. I WAS SENT TWO BOTTLES MORE WITHOUT ORDERING IT. I SENT IT BACK INCLUDING THE CAPSULES i DIDN'T CONTINUE TO TAKE BECAUSE IT DIDN'T DO ME ANY GOOD AND MADE MY BOOD PRESSURE GO UP. I HAVE TO CALL MY CARD HOLDER NOT TO HONOR ANYMORE CHARGES FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY.

CARMEN SAGUIN

• Cf
    C F PANDOLFO Aug 11, 2010

BUYER BEWARE!!! I TOO WAS TAKEN IN WITH THIS TERRIBLE SCAM. FfILING AN AFFIDAVIT WITH MY BANK, SENDING OUT LETTERS TO OUR LOCAL BBB AND ONE TO THE PHOENIX ONE(ADDRESS 7102 W, ROOSEVELT ST NO 100) this is where it was shipped from--supposedly.
    HOWEVER, I DO NOT THINK ANYONE IS ACTING ON THIS BECAUSE AS YOU CAN SEE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF FOR SOMETIME. BUT WHEN WILL IT BE TAKEN CARE OF.THE CS REPS ALL SPEAK WITH AN ACCENT AND I DO BELIEVE THEY ARE SET UP IN A PRIVATE HOME. OH WOULD I LIKE TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL, I AM ALSO GOING TO WRITE TO THE LCAL (AZ) CONGREESMAN. DON T HOLD YOUR BREATH.CC SOMEONE IS MAKING A LOT OF MONEY AND HERE WE ARE--HOLDING THE BAG!

• Gm
    gmaroxanna Aug 11, 2010

I wish I had read this page before ordering. I spoke with a supervisor about their bogus advertising and rebate. Not only was she a foreigner East Indian or whatever diaperhead nation they are from, but she insisted I received 2 bottles of the crap, when I got 1 that I was to receive a full refund for. I had to go online and fill out rebate papers and still have not gotten my money back. Yesterday I saw another 99.96 taken out of my checking account. What a rip off. I will never do this again. First warning sign, the people taking your order speack english, but the ones in the compaint dept. do not. How fn crazy is that? May they all rot in hell for ripping off people.

• Je
    JennJennAustralia Aug 10, 2010

Same here. They are robbers, crooks, dishonest, should be ashamed of themselves and put out of business.

I ordered the $0.99c trial offer and found I had been charged $56.00. I will be getting the bank to get my money back.

Hope they sink.

Jenny
    Sydney
    Australia

• Em
    Emma Honess1982 Aug 10, 2010

Sold a 'trial' subscription - sold to me as a £3.95 payment. I ordered by clicking on the Free Trial link and believed this was all i was subscribing to.

6 days later, I found they had signed me up to a full programme for £64.66 and charged me an additional £2.77 inc Transaction fees.
    Nothing received so far.

Upon checking the terms and conditions I read again that I would NOT be charged this £64.66 if I cancelled within 30 days.
    When I tried to do so however, I was told that these terms and conditions were not applicable to the offer and/or I had signed up for the full programme.
    Called company and got no-where - they also claim to have a no refund policy.

• De
    detoxic1 Aug 09, 2010

This is a total scam. I just viewed my bank account statement and have found out I was charged $99.00 for what was supposed to be a trial offer of the product. This charge has come three and a half weeks after I purchased the "trial offer." I also talked with one of the company's customer service representatives and was given the run around which made me very suspicious. Unfortunately, I started using the product and have no recourse but to count this as a loss. Do not use this product. It is a complete rip off...

• Mc
    m conway Aug 08, 2010

So true. I am having problems now with a credit card being charged. I am mad at myself for falling for this. FL Lady

• Da
    Daispen Aug 08, 2010

The same thing has happened to me I paid the original 10.80 shipping and handling. I just received two more bottles and I don't even want them. I looked at my statement and they charged me another 85.56. I am so angry I could spit.. What can I do besides the BBB. Anything?

• Ge
    geoff1957 Aug 06, 2010

I started taking the pills before the over-charging scam started and think they were working to a degree.
    I stopped taking them after a week but will start again some time soon for a further trial.
    I experienced some stomach ache and diarrhoea and my visits to little boys room increased. I interpretted some of what was going on with my body as colon cleansing but may be wrong.

• La
    LaurenCpp Aug 04, 2010

I was scammed also. I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one- As soon as I did, the withdrawls stopped. I was being charged $1 and some cents at a time, several times. I did receive the Advanced Colon- My question is, has anyone actually taken the Advanced Colon? I see no point in sending it back becuase I feel it is already said and done- but Im not sure about taking the pills. Has anyone?

• Dj
    djpohlmann Aug 04, 2010

You are never just out the money. Have your financial institution file a fraud form. If you do it within 30 days, you will get your money back. If you dont, switch to bank with fraud protection.

• Au
    AussieAmz Aug 04, 2010

I've been scammed too :( Just found 2 amounts of $113 AUD on my bank statement that I did not authorise.

I called them on a local free call number (which I thought was in Melbourne) to dispute the charges. I was definitely speaking with someone overseas and not in Australia.

Was told that it is all stated in their terms and conditions and that the $1.97 shipping trial had finished so was charged the full price. $113 for the Colon Cleanse and $113 for the Acai Optimum. This is a bloody joke.

Called my bank to dispute the charges, while on the phone with the bank, the bank guy noticed another 2 payments of $109 had been taken out, 20 minutes ago. I was like "You've got to be joking!!!"

Whoever is doing this needs to be stopped and stopped now. My bank is investigating them for fraud and I hope they get the [censor].

• If
    ifuyfuhv Aug 03, 2010

I also got scammed by this product, I thought I was paying 1.97 for shipping and handling and got charged, 104.00$ and im supposed to get charged another 104 $ in 30 days for my "second" bottle, which I did not want. So i called and asked the man to cancel my account with acai, so he said ok ill cancel your account, you wont recieve your second bottle. but u will get charged anyway. so wtf? what the hell is the point of canceling my account if ur going to continue charging me anyway? stealing my money. [censor]. DONT ORDER THIS [censor]

Mark Han Aug 02, 2010

I was scammed as well. I am going to notify the Attorney General of AZ about this Company. This is clearly a case of fraud.

• Lo
    LonghornMom Aug 01, 2010

I stumbled across a website with an advertisement similar to the one shown here:
    I paid the shipping and handling for two separate products on April 15, 2010, and never received any product. When I called customer service to inquire about delivery and to "cancel" as to avoid outrageous (nearly $80) additional charges as the fine print said, I was informed that my order had been cancelled by the company because the item was sold out or that the offer was not longer available (online customer service records indicated order was placed April 15 and cancelled April 19). The customer service rep (CSR) informed me that my money had been returned (my bank records indicated that it had).I specifically asked, "so no further charges will be made against my account?" She replied "no". Now here it is the end of July and I see two charges on my back statement totaling $2.52 each:
    07/30/2010 Debit Card Transaction NTR*acoptimumcs.com 8664 07/29NTR*acopt $2.52
    07/30/2010 Debit Card Transaction NTR*acoptimumcs.com 8664 07/29NTR*acopt $2.52

Now, if I had $100, 000 in my bank account, I’m sure I would not notice $5.04 being stolen from my account. Now that I’ve seen it and am reading about others who have experienced similar situations with this company, I see that on this website and others, this scam has been public for quite some time:

Yet what I am wondering is why this scam continues when supposedly numerous complaints have been made? Shame on our government! I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The above website has a link to file a report of your own if you have been scammed and ripped off. I guess Monday I will be going to the bank to close my checking account.

• Lo
    LonghornMom Jul 31, 2010

I wish I would have seen these posts before I, too, was scammed by this company. What shocks me the most is that numerous complaints have been filed with BBB (according to previous posts), yet this company is still allowed to scam people!! I'm going to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Has anyone out there filed a similar complaint? It is a sad state of affairs that our government is allowing this company to remain in business. How much evidence must be accumulated before this scam is shut down??

• Ir
    iris griffin Jul 30, 2010

i too was scammed by this company. something needs to be done about them. i ordered this product back in april returned it within two business days received emails from these guys confirming that they received their product back and no charges would be appplied to my credit card. the month of july i received charges from this company and no can give me a correct answers as to why they have done this. my next step is to contact the attorney general office.

• Ge
    geoff1957 Jul 30, 2010

Wish I'd checked this site before falling for the scam. I ordered my free sample agreeing to pay £2.66 P&P and 6 days later they charged a further £66.92. Glad my credit card didn't charge anything for money transefer Dollar to Pound Sterling. Just why are they still in business? Will call my credit card company anyway. If we just leave it and do nothing then they will cary on and on and on.

• Be
    BeenTakin Jul 29, 2010

I am amazed that a company that has so many complaints against it can still be operating. I too have been taken - not only for the Acai Blend but also for the Advance Colon. They just charged my charge card 160.00. I phoned and asked what was up with that and was also informed that I had 14 days to respond initially. I don't remember reading that or receiving any information saying I would be charged at a later date. This is totally disgusting business practices and I advise anyone who is interested in FREE - to check - double check - then check again cause it isn't FREE.

• La
    LaurenCpp Jul 28, 2010

I bought what i THOUGHT was a free trial for .99 and they charged me 100.97. Not only did I NEVER reveive any product- I had to end up getting my credit card cancelled becuase the company was repeatedly charging my account for 1.19 and 1.49 here and there thinking I would not notice! This company needs to be shut down and is nothing but a fraudulant SCAM to rip people off!!! Makes me SO mad!

• Am
    aman730 Jul 28, 2010

same problem happend to me the charged 3 times from my credit card and tuday they chargerd me again $137 NZD and thats a big amount

• Ve
    Vendo Jul 28, 2010

I have had enough of these rip off sites and all the shady terms and conditions so I sent them an e-mail and I'll be contacting my bank in the morning as well as the BBB. oh here's the e-mail I sent them

I'm going to make this very simple for you. I cancelled my *subscription* over 2 months ago and you are just now starting to charge my account without any authorization. What I'm going to suggest is very simple on your part. STOP ALL PENDING AND FUTURE charges and issue a FULL REFUND immediately or I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and start filling a LAW SUIT against your company. I will be calling your office tomorrow and I expect a reply to this e-mail within 24 hrs stating your plan of action.

We'll see what happens wish me luck

Mary LFC Jul 27, 2010

I am out $99.00 from these crooks, and I will also be fighting them through my bank account. They are from somewhere overseas, regardless of their Arizona business account, just listen to their CSRs. I am furious, but also with myself. What a dope I was. The lesson learned, ladies -- never, and I mean NEVER respond to this crap and ESPECIALLY don't give out your precious credit card numbers...I'd like to take the bottles and put them where the sun don't shine on those jerks...

• Lj
    L.Johnson/Delzer Jul 26, 2010

I also have had a charge on my card. BUT HAVE NOT RECIEVED NOTHING.

• Jx
    jxaveryyy Jul 26, 2010

Simply DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT follow through with Acai Optimum or Advanced Colon!!!

• Pi
    Pissed off in Mississippi Jul 26, 2010

Hi, i also was a victim of this scam. I am trying to lose weight and i saw that i could get this trial product for 1.19. Ok i did it. But after my order was processed, it said $101.14. I was outraged!!! I cancelled minutes after. Then i waited til the next day and spoke with a customer service rep. She tried to get me, but i stood my ground. I was refunded my money. They tried everything. I mean everything. They told me i had received the product and i couldn't get my money back. I was like hold on, i just did all of this 14 hours ago. How could i have recieved a product that fast. Soon after, she told me my money would be back on my card in a couple of days and it was. I was relieved!!! Well, i thought i was anyway. I am in the process of doing this all over again. After two weeks went by, they debited my card again for $99.96 (minus the shipping). Now i am pissed. These people are just scam artists. It doesn't make sense. Why get on here and lie? Scamming people just for the fun of it!!!

• Ta
    tarah reid Jul 26, 2010

well I was taken by these people to I was not happy I supposed to get a free trial except I had $224 dollars taken from my account these people need to be stopped but I am getting my money back within 3-5 days they were quick to take it but not in a rush to put it back in this is shocking ladies and gents you dont get anything for free and I learnt my lesson the hard way and not only that there arent any quick fixes to weight loss unless you put in the time and effort to do it yourself which is free good healthy food and exercise it doesnt cost you $200 to walk

• Go
    Goldenwoman Jul 25, 2010

I also ordered what I thought was the free trial for 99 cents and got a receipt for $101.99. Within 5 minutes I had called back to cancel and it took me 15 minutes of yelling at the operator to get him to comply. I called back again just to check and was assured it was cancelled. This was on the 5th of July. On the 20th they charged my bank account $99.96 and never sent me the product. This is flat out theft. My bank and I are working on getting the money back now.

• Sn
    S-N-B Jul 18, 2010

I've tried over, and over to call them about this being a scam, i guess they have gotten so many complaints, that they just stopped answering the phone. I left a message for them to call me back, and they haven't done that either.
    A company that has to make words so small on their front page of their site, of that you can't see that it states that this is a mail-in rebate, is a scam! Only later when in the middle of the ordering the "Free Trial" can one see the terms and conditions, which does not state anything about the "Free Trial" as being included as part of the Mail-in rebate.
    I think the best way to deal with this is to print out this Complaints Board, and give it to my bank.
    I feel that maybe with all the online scams, that if a purchase is made online, the Banks should require a second approval from the person, or persons, whose account the money is coming from.
    And file a compaint with the BBB, that's the only way to get this company straightened out.

Goodluck everyone, i hope we all get our money back, and this fraudulent company gets what they deserve.

SNB

• Li
    Linda Townsend Jul 13, 2010

I have tried to call them to cancel my order and none of the phones will even ring. What shall I do?

• Ad
    Advcolcs Jul 06, 2010

I am having the same problem. I ordered the trial, and before it even arrived I noticed that my bank account had been debited for US$159.96. They say this is not true, but I have the bank statement in front of me. They say they only charged me $133.00n (which included a discount) and that they will give it back to me via Pay-Pal. I have never used Pay-Pal, and don't know how to get my money back. A group of us decided to trial this, and I have told the others not to go ahead and purchase them. I will be telling everyone I can about this company - p.s. the pills don't work!

• Ra
    rapscallion Jul 02, 2010

I too fell for the this scam. I accepted that I did not completely read the "terms and conditions". I was charged for a shipment. I went on-line and followed the instructions for canceling the product and received a confirmation email on 5/17 stating in RED that " No further action is necessary! You will receive NO additional charges or shipments!" Seemed pretty clear to me. All was well until yesterday when I received another shipment. I assumed there was some mistake, so I retrieved my cancellation confirmation number and called the company. WHAT A SHOCK!! I ended up furious and confused. They told me they were completely in the right for sending another shipment and that I obviously didn't read the agreement. They kept putting me on hold to listen to recorded offer to continue the subscription for 9.99. That gave me a warm fuzzy. I repeatedly explained that I did not want anything to do with a company that conducted business in such a manner. Eventually I received a second confirmation number. I then called my credit card company to dispute the charges and realized they had made not one but two $99.00 dollar charges to my card on the same day! I've contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. I would have written off the initial charge, but this is out right theft and these people need to be stopped. They sent an second cancellation which is identical to the first. The only difference being the cancellation number is one less than the original. Very very strange.

anchor100 Jul 02, 2010

another bum company. not ordering via internet unless I am positive I know the
    company and it's reputation. Check BBB before buying ..experience is a tough teacher. ww

Sandy C. in Kentucky Jul 01, 2010

I too took the bait on this product and have been scamed out of the original $.99 & $3.95 plus they took &79.98 twice out of my account. I have spoken with my bank and have to fill out some paper work to keep them from getting any more. I did recieve the product but will not use it because I'm sure it wouldn't work anyway!

BEWARE Sandy C. in Kentucky

• Bo
    bogus2 Jun 29, 2010

Don't buy this product as simple as that you will regret it and it is a bogus product anyways!

• As
    Ash M Jun 29, 2010

I am yet another victim. Can we not lodge a lawsuit? This is mass fraud!!!

• Sc
    ScamedinBrooklyn New York Jun 29, 2010

This is an absolute scam. My checking account was charged $79.98. I am KICKING MYSELF because my bank actually called me and sent a letter to alert me that this could possibly be a scam and suggested that I cancel my debit card and order a new one. I didn't want to get a new card because I received this card approx 6 months ago. I should have listened. When I called the company to cancel any further charges, they SAID (I don't trust them) they would cancel the order and gave me a cancellation number but would not refund the $79.98. To be on the safe side, I canceled my debit card which I should have done as suggested last week.

Scamed in Brooklyn

• Li
    Lipglossy Jun 29, 2010

Ok just like everyone else, i too was looking for a quick fix to weight loss! should've known better but i like to think positively about things. I entred the "free" trial and paid for the postage, the money came out of my account and i knew the pills were on their way. But 2 weeks after ordering the products i finally received the items and also noticed they helped them selves to one lot of money £63.91 then a few days later they took a further £64. Needlless to say i was very annoyed because they made me go over my overdraft. I thought well i will let it slip for now but i was going to wait to see if they would take anything more. Guess what they did it again but just 2 weeks later after taking the first lot but this time it went up to 2 lots of £67.64. So am very pissed off now! Just been on the phone to a lady called Michelle in customer services and cancelled what they called 'my account' and told them no further monies are to be taken from my card. I certainly hope they do not take any more money from me as do not want to have the hassle of changing accounts and sorting out paper work. But on a lighter note i do have to say whether it's a fluke or the products i have lost weight 7 pounds in total and only took the pills for 3 weeks. But please if you are clever enough to look at this website first before making the mistake of ordering a free trial DON'T DO IT!!! do the weight loss the old fassion way a healthy diet and a bit of exercise.

• Al
    ALS Services, Inc. Jun 28, 2010

This should be a warning to all of us that listen to the radio as this is where most of these scams originate. They give just enough to suck us in with the 'free for shipping only' that a long term commitment then becomes THEIR agenda. With the credit card number given to cover 'shipping' then they have leverage to charge whatever.
    My credit card company was good (Chase) about helping and suggesting sending back whatever they have forwarded in 'goods' then documenting that to the CC company for further insistence of charge cancellation.
    Let's do anything possible: web notice, complaint to radio stations that allow these add scams, newspaper complaints and advice to family and friends to get these firms shutdown. A letter to the Attorney General of Arizoina about the company will help also. Of course, they'll just change their name...but we'll follow them anywhere they go.

• Si
    signmasters24 Jun 26, 2010

I also fell for it, sent the order back the day I got it call and they said "nothing would be taken out of our account" . We got the order May 5th 2010, sent it back on the 5th used the U.S. Postal Service and paid for a Delivery Confirmation receipt they recived the order on May 10th at 9:38AM, when I called they said they never got anything back, I gave them the numbers they had me put on the outside of the box and the confirmation number that they did received it. They said they would put the money back in our account will have to wait and see. $69.95+$69.95+$2.85+$2.85 total $145.60.