NorthShore University HealthSystemJoseph R. Raviv | MD | ENT

M May 06, 2020

Joseph Raviv is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS DOCTOR that performs UNNECESSARY SURGERIES on patients just to the additional insurance money. I visited Dr Raviv in 2014, and all I needed was endoscopic sinus surgery (where the surgeon widens the sinus passages to promote better drainage). However, when I was sedated, he threw in an unnecessary septoplasty that severely narrowed the right side of my nasal airway. For people reading this, I have included x-ray images of my sinuses, before and after my surgery with him. As you can see from these images, my nasal airway equal on both sides, before surgery, and the septoplasty didn't need to be done. By performing it, he severely narrowed the right side of my nasal airway.

Dr. Raviv performed this unnecessary surgery just to collect that additional insurance money. There is no other explanation for this. Furthermore, when I later contacted him, and told him that my breathing was worse, and I suspected it was a problem with my septum, he told me that he wouldn't be able to perform the revision septoplasty (make it the way it was before). Therefore, not only is he greedy, by performing unnecessary surgeries, but he is incompetent, for not being able to fix his mistakes.

This unnecessary surgery has caused me to suffer greatly over the past six years. Since I can't really breathe out of my nose, I don't sleep well at night. I am then exhausted all day, not able to function well, and there is nothing that can be done to fix it. I have lost friends, and jobs over the years, and I am not able to pursue some of the career goals that I wanted to when I was younger. The only reason I can't sue Raviv is because my statute of limitations for medical malpractice has expired. This doctor absolutely devastated my life, and Northshore University did nothing about it. Please share this information with other people in the area. I do not want him to hurt anyone else. My name is Michael Frederick. If anyone would like to speak more with me about my experience, please call me at [protected].