Menu
T
Author of the complaint
12:39 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Applied to an administrative assistant job on CL. I recieved the same response as many others who've written complaints. DONT BE FOOLED, THIS IS A SCAM!

Hello,

Thanks for your interests in the PA position i posted on CL, I deeply appreciate your genuine efforts on applying for this job position.

I just went through your resume and i think you have all it takes to be employed for this job position, I need PA to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Nicolas, 47 yrs of age, originally from Chicago, Illinois, I spent a whole lot of my life in PENNSYLVANIA. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include.
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
*Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them.

Basic wage is $400 a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially.

I'm currently in the UK now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

If You will be available for this job position, send me a confirmation e-mail to my private e-mail box here

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers.

NICOLAS

Helpful? 0 0

More Angel Investment Network complaints & reviews

Angel Investment Network - Scam / fraud
Angel Investment Network - Scam
Angel Investment Network - SCAM!!
Angel Investment Network - Job listed on Craig's List
Angel Investment Network - Fraud/Scam
Angel Investment Network - scam
2 comments
T
Jul 17, 2010 12:39 pm

***This is the Job Ad I responded to (@ Youngstown Craigslist) --

"Hello Job applicant(s), I need the service of a personal assistant who is hardworking, respectful, understanding, prompt and who adheres to instructions. I need someone who is innovative and also very smart. There are no specific qualifications needed other than that applicant(s) must be smart, trustworthy, honest and very calm. Send your inquiries and application interests to [email protected]"...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***This is the initial email I received --

"Thanks for your interest in the position. I will deeply appreciate all
genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my
activities. I have had a previous Personal Assistant (Book
Keeping/Accountant) who has been very commendable in her activities
and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months; she has since
returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find
someone again who will be as efficient as she was.

I am Clinton Maxwell, 41 years old, originally from Queensland
Australia, but I have spent my whole life here in United States. I am
a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful
of ventures I got involved in, from the Angel Investment Network in
Canada and United States to various welfare and community service
programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative
for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to
date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include:
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
*Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
Basic wage is $500 a weekly.

I am currently in the Australia now for a summit and would be back to
the States in about 2 weeks, however, I do have a number of things you
could help me with next week if you will be available for me. This can
serve as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of
my frequent travels and tight schedules. It is a part-time, work from
home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks
than others, and it is a little difficult judging the exact number of
hours you will be doing per week. If you can manage your time
properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something
else on the side.

As I have said, I would want us to get a head start with things as
soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of
unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we
can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence
towards all these, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to
mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job; I am
confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should
have a relatively sound working relationship between us. I am glad you
are willing to work with me and I promise to be a good boss. I am also
glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and
what I would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands
out to some orphanage homes, I do that every month. The funds will be
in form of cashiers check or money order and it will be sent over to
you from one of my clients and I have some list to email you once you
receive the funds. Let me know if you still want to go on.

Regards,
Clinton Maxwell"

***And when I [tentatively] asked what the first "assignment" would be, this was the response --

"I have an assignment for you. The assignment is to wire some money to
a foster home representative for a surgery that I am donating to, and
this surgery as I have been told, should be paid for urgently.
However, I should let you know that I have been able to find out more
about this surgery, the foster home in charge of it, and the general
information as regards the surgery and every other phases involved
hence, there is no need to worry about the genuineness of surgery as
that has been taken care of.

The funds for this wire transfer will be made available to you by a
check from one of my clients in the United States—a client I have
worked for and owes me—and following my instruction and of course,
after I have properly verified that the account upon which the check
is drawn is adequately funded to cover the check amount, the check is
being sent to you by United Parcel Service, UPS (tracking number
J227980354 and can be checked on www.ups.com) and should be delivered
to you anytime from now. The amount is for $2, 050.00.

When you receive this check, you can take it to your bank and cash it
there but most importantly in this case, it will be best for you to
deposit the check in your account and wait for your account to be
credited within three business days then make the withdrawal and
complete the assignment. Out of the $2, 050.00, deduct your weekly
salary of $500.00 and send the rest $1, 550.00 by western union (from a
location in your area) to the foster home representative using the

Name – Bonnie Mueller

City – Cottage Grove

State – Tennessee

Zip – 38224

After you have sent the money, immediately send me the following
information as they appear on the western union invoice:

Sender’s name –

Address –

City –

State –

Zip code –

Amount sent –

MTCN –

Also note that western union will charge for wiring the funds and that
should be deducted from the money you are sending to Bonnie Mueller,
not from your weekly salary. I shall be waiting to hearing from you
after you have completed the assignment. I do have some other
assignments for you after you this one has been completely finished
and I also promise that your weekly salary will be paid timely as we
both have agreed. If you have received this message, please
acknowledge."

***I don't guess that I need to say that this was the point where I bowed out, telling him I don't do the whole "cash the check in YOUR bank, etc" thing.

BEWARE; THIS IS A COMMON SCAM, just done a bit differently!

0 0
D
Jul 06, 2010 12:39 pm

***This was the original ad on Craigslist I responded to:***

Hello Job applicant(s), I need the service of a personal assistant who is hardworking, respectful, understanding, prompt and who adheres to instructions. I need someone who is innovative and also very smart. There are no specific qualifications needed other than that applicant(s) must be smart, trustworthy, honest and very calm. Send your inquiries and application interests to "[email protected]".

•Location: Long Island
•Compensation: $500.00 per week
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
•Please, no phone calls about this job!
•Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: [protected]

***After sending my resume to this person, I received the following e-mail:***

Dear Debra,

Thanks for your interest in the position. I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I have had a previous Personal Assistant (Book Keeping/Accountant) who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months; she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she was.

I am Clinton Maxwell, 41 years old, originally from Queensland Australia, but I have spent my whole life here in United States. I am a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I got involved in, from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United States to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include:

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.

*Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

Basic wage is $500 a weekly.

I am currently in the Australia now for a summit and would be back to the States in about 2 weeks, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with next week if you will be available for me. This can serve as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It is a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, and it is a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.

As I have said, I would want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all these, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job; I am confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us. I am glad you are willing to work with me and I promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what I would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some orphanage homes, I do that every month. The funds will be in form of cashiers check or money order and it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and I have some list to email you once you receive the funds.

I will get you more information on that. I will like you to get back to me with the following details:

Full Name...

Full Contact Address...

City...

State...

Zip code...

Cell Phone Number...

Age...

Email...

Once I receive your contact information I will get back to you with the task for this week; understand you will also be paid as well as it is important for me to make the necessary steps before I get to the States. I hope I am clear with that. Get back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Clinton Maxwell

***Hopefully, and naively, I replied to this e-mail - including the iformation "he" requested (Thankfully it was no more information than would normally be on my resume). I hope this helps more people realize this is a scam.***

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

41 complaints