New England Classic Car Co.deceptive advertising / gross misrepresentation

F

Fair warning to all fellow classic car enthusiasts, marc evans of new england classic cars co in statford ct is the type of shady character we need to hound out of existence.in dec 2017 I purchased a 1975 bmw 2002 advertised nationally and on ebay as a "rust free, scratch free, bubble free incredibly well preserved classic with mostly original paint" all quoted from his various listings. I spoke to marc at length on the phone and was quite clear on my skepticism that a 40 year old east coast car could be rust free, and he assured me his shop went over the car with a fine tooth comb and it was amazingly rust free. I further stated without any possibility of misunderstanding that I didnt care one bit about the mechanical condition of the car but marc, "you better not send me a rusty car"!

After wiring the funds in full marc then made me wait nearly 2 months before it was "convenient" for him to meet a truck to pick up my car as he would not stay even 5 minutes after hours or agree to meet truck on weekends for the transport to load. Upon arrival I could see the cancer, bubbling, oozing evidence of rust on virtually every single panel of the car from 20 feet away. All of the lower door sills were oozing rust, the front fender wheelhouse and outer splash panel oozing with rust, the rear 1/4 panels behind the wheels oozing with rust, the spare tire carrier had a giant hole patched with a piece of sheet metal, the front and rear window frame sheet metal had rust, and there was overspray from poorly done paintwork on every piece of trim, they didnt even spend 2 minutes removing the mirrors, paint overspray everywhere. Since I stated to marc I was not concerned about mechanical aspects, I wont even go into the 80 hours I spent making the car safe and relaible enough to drive. The car was worth 1/2 if not less than what I paid for it, and I immediately called marc the following day.

After sending him dozens of pictures of all the obvious rust and corrosion, his response to my demand that he either take the car back or send me an adjustment on the price was as follows: you west coast guys just dont have the same eyes for "rust" that we on the east coast have, this car is a rust free car by east coast standards, and as far as im concerned you got a rust free car!

The matter will be adjudicated in court as I will be suing new england classic car co. And the lying sack of feces that owns it, marc evans.

Comment Guidelines