Net First Platinum Credit CardScam

I was sent an offer for an unsecured credit card frm this company. After visiting their website and proving them with the approval code, I was told to send an activation fee of $29.00. I sent the fee via money order, and was called by the company several days later to confirm receipt of the money order, and given a date in which I was to receive my card (July 31, 2009). i have yet to hear from them again and hve no way to contact them

More Net First Platinum Credit Card Complaints & Reviews

• Br
    BratCuz76p Aug 13, 2009

My husband and I just recieved one of the approval cards today and I went to the website and it no longer exsit.

• Ha
    HachiMachi Aug 27, 2009

I'd advise all of you to take a few minutes to fill out a complaint form with your State and/or local Consumer Complaints Board, and I would ask you to do it with the full knowledge that it probably won't result in much action right away, or for quite some time. Nevertheless, I am so grateful and so moved by the fact that myself and everyone reading this has ready access to the government agencies tasked solely with watching out for hardworking, sensible, if at times financially unscrupulous, Americans. So please, go to your state's CONSUMER COMPLAINTS DEPT. website, take a few minutes to join us, and to participate. IF YOU HAVEN"T ALREADY FALLEN PREY TO THIS NASTY, RAT-SOULED, ENDEAVOR, DON"T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. THROW AWAY THE OFFER CARD AND DON'T GO GIVE THESE LOWBOTTOM SCUMSUCKERS A PENNY.

Remember that old saying regarding what sort of creature one is likely to associate with when one lies down with dogs, as it were.

• Am
    A.M.B Sep 16, 2009

TO THOSE WHO CAN'T GET INTOUCH WITH NETFIRATPLATINUM, HERE IS AN ADDRESS WHICH I HAVE;
    NET FIRST CARD
    PRE- APPROVED DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    P.O.BOX 1275
    INDIANA, PA [protected]
    AND THEIR WEB SITE IS;
    WWW.NETFIRSTPLATINUM.COM
    I HOPE THIS HELP'S EVERYONE, BECAUSE I TO GOT A CARD AND WAS PRE-APPROVED, BUT I LOOKED THEM UP FIRST BEFORE I DID ANYTHING EVEN THROUGH I COULD USE THE MONEY.
    THANK'S EVERYONE
    ANN

• Mi
    MISS BROOKS Sep 24, 2009

I JUST GOT ONE OF THOSE CARD IN THE MAIL AND SUBMITTED ONE OF MY CARD NUMBERS AND I LOOKED FOR A NUMBER TO CALL THEM TO ASK A Q AND COULD NOT FIND ONE I CALLED 411 AND GIVE THEM THE NAME AN THE ADDRESS AND THEY LOOKED THENAME AND THE ADDRESS AN COULD NOT FIND THE ADDRESS OR THE NAME THESE PEOPLE RAE FULL OF ### AND THEY SEE THAT PEOPLE ARE HAVIN HARD TIMS RIGHT NOW SO IF YOU SEE THIS DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TIL YOU TALK TO THEM. THANK YOU MISS BROOKS

• Ne
    neenee Sep 29, 2009

i just got one of those approval letters also asking me to send 29.00 also i sent a electronic check because i did not have any funds in my account for them to take out i think that they tried to get the money because now my bank account is overdrawn the amount that i sent

• Pa
    PADILLA Oct 07, 2009

I RECEIVED A POST CARD TODAY 10/07/09, AND DECIDED TO LOOK UP THE WEBSITE FIRST. GOOD THING I DID BECAUSE I SAW THAT WEBSITE WAS A SCAM. IF I WOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH WITH THIS, IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE OVERDRAFTED MY ACCOUNT.
    JEROME

• Je
    jewelmf Oct 08, 2009

nothing but a bg pile of ###!

• Mr
    mrsdbest1 Oct 13, 2009

Thanks to all the peolpe who placed there comments on the web you really are saving alot of peple from being ripped off

• S0
    S0_tHankFuL Oct 15, 2009

I'M SO THANKFUL THERE ARE STILL SOME GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CARE ABOUT YOUR FELLOW MAN/WOMAN. WITHOUT YOUR REVIEWS, I WOULD'VE FELL VICTIM TO THIS SCAM TONIGHT...& FOR THAT, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL.

-GRACE & PEACE

• Lt
    lthreekidz Oct 16, 2009

well Thanks for the info because I got a card in the mail today 10/16/2009 and decided to look them up and nowhere on this card does it says if it is a visa or master or what card and I couldn't talk to the live chat person that they offer so thanks for the heads up.

• Dj
    djkaren66 Oct 19, 2009

thanks so much i will dispose of card right now i will not even attempt to go to that web site thanks again

• La
    LadyE Oct 23, 2009

I just received a post card in the mail from Net First Card today. I am so glad that I decided to research them. Thanks everyone for taking time to post your complaints on this site. I am a single parent and I could use the money, but I won't give into a scam to receive it. I learned my lesson a long time ago on making deals with the devil. I am tearing up the post card now and throwing it in the trash! Good by to bad rubbish! Thanks all!

• Ey
    eyates Oct 24, 2009

I received a postcard in the mail today 10/25/09.thanks very much for your input.I am tearing the postcard up as we speech. I also need the money too, thank you so much for the information. trixie

• Ra
    raisin2grls Oct 26, 2009

i also just recieved the post card 10/27/09 and thanks everyone for letting me know its a scam i tore it up will not be a victim to this scandel thanks again rach

• Uw
    uwp Oct 27, 2009

I received the card on 10/26/09 and I am glad I decided to read the comments before entering the code. I really could use the money, but like others it never said it was a Visa or Mastercard. Thank you to all the people that posted comments. May God Bless All Of You.

• Le
    leonidus 1 Oct 29, 2009

netfirstplatinum is a scam just like all the others ones who prey on people who can not get a credit card. do not give these ### any info at all or they will drain you blind

• Ce
    Ceebo Nov 02, 2009

I was half way through filling out the online application and a little birdy told me i should check reviews on them first. Luckily i did!

Thank you to everyones who's posted a review! You saved me time and money!!!

joseline Nov 07, 2009

is a scam i just received an offer in the mail today i try putting the approval code and it did not let me all this blogs kept popping up thats when i said wait a minute and i stated to do my research when i found that this website is a scam i was scam once already by a company called royal finance for 2, 000 thousand dollars so i'm really careful about who i give my info to another thing to think about if is to good to b true then most likely it is.

• Bu
    BuyerBeware2 Nov 09, 2009

I too, received a card in the mail today. The card does not indicate what type of card, only that you are approved for credit and an approval code. Did I mention that the website mentioned (www.netfirstplatinum.com) no longer exist!!
    First, I googled to see if I could find anything about the company. Nada!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR POSTING YOUR COMMENTS AND WARNINGS !!!

Second, after googling, I checked the BBB website and oh boy!!! The company is rated "F" by the BBB. The company is owne by Horizon Card Services, PO Box 1275, Indiana, PA 15701. 4/22/2005
    Incorporated: 2005 in PA
    Principal: Robert Kane, President
    Phone Number: [protected]
    [protected]
    Fax Number: [protected]

• Kj
    kjr.seaturtle Nov 12, 2009

Thanks all for your information, I to was taken but not far because this was posted right underneath the supposed website...thankd again!

kim

• Sk
    Skooby Nov 12, 2009

I also just recieved the "GUARANTEED APPROVAL" post card in the mail. The way the economy is, i jumped on it. But as everyone knows, only a hop was taken. To bad there are company's out there that take advantege of people. Not this one. Thanks to all for your comments. Will keep my jumps to only steps. Susan E.Weymouth Mass.

• As
    Ashe Nov 12, 2009

I just recieved a card in the mail today. The card did look stange, not having a visa sign on it. Thanks for all the info. I'm glad I couldnt find the website.

• La
    LARRY SCALES Nov 13, 2009

I too applied for and received the net trust card.It is not as advertised.It is a credit card to purchase products on the Horizon web store.I called and attempted to gewt the 1000.oo line of credit and was told I could get that much credit at their web store.I then called the following number and cancelled my membership and demanded my money back.I received my money in about 3 weeks.The phone numbers to call are .
    [protected] and [protected] and [protected]
    They are a scam but if you go about it right you can get your money back.Hope this helps all of you.

• Fe
    fedora Nov 16, 2009

This is what I have found out about this company. This is not a regular credit card, that is why you can't find a visa or MasterCard symbol because the Net First Platinum Merchandise Card is a credit line that can only be used exclusively online at thehorizonoutlet.com. So please always read the terms before signed anything. Its scam to get ppl to get these kind of credit cards.

Fedora

• De
    DEANA JORDAN Nov 16, 2009

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE LEFT A COMMENT. I DONT USUALLY READ THE FEEDBACKS BUT FOR SOME REASON I DID THIS TIME.IM LIKE OTHERS I NEED THE MONEY BUT THANKS AGAIN. GOD BLESS U ALL, I HAD JUST RECEIVED MY CARD TODAY 11/16/09

• Sp
    spoiledbrat Nov 28, 2009

Anytime you receive an offer that does not say a major credit card name in an obvious manner, it is probably a credit line to the 'offers' website and you can only use the credit on one site. But, on the website for the offer, under terms and conditions it states everything you need to know. They are not a credit card company and you can not use the card anywhere but a specific website. The charge a monthly fee as well for their 'benefits'. Always read teh terms and conditions to find the information you need. Everything about the card or offer must be stated there. Good luck to everyone.

• Fr
    Free2BeMe Nov 28, 2009

Well, guess what. They now have the logo VISA on their card. I just don't like cards that limit me to only their merchandise and/or ones that I did not order. I received a postcard today 11/28/2009, and I was tempted to apply for that extra $500.00 that they advertise. Boy, to take advantage of people is gotta be the lowest form of deceit! May God have mercy on the people who run this scam!

• Ti
    Tiff Booker Nov 30, 2009

I got one in the mail as well on 11/25/09, i went to the website indicated on the card and it did prompt me to enter the approval # then my DOB, email and phone #, SS # .. all that important personal info that we shouldn't give out especially on the net. When it prompted me to enter my debit or cc # i was hesitate so i clicked on the disclosure info to gather more info. Is tells you that it is not a VIsa, MC etc. and could only be used on their website but will report to the credit bureaus. I still don't feel safe giving them my personal info anyway so thanks to the support of your comments, i am positive i don't want to be involved with them. THanks guys for the input.

• Ju
    just trying to make it Nov 30, 2009

than you I received the card in the mail today 11-30-09. If it wasn't for this complaint board I to would have fallen victim. again thank you so much.

• Do
    DORIS CARTER Dec 04, 2009

hi my name is doris carter i also recived one of those netfristplatinum credit card saying that i was approve for one thank god for you all out there looking out for people like myself cause i could have been a victim once agin (THANK GOD) YOU SAVE ME MY MONEY AND MY TIME.

• 1c
    1chrissie Dec 07, 2009

I recently received a postcard as well 12/01/2009 I am so happy I decided to research these idiots or I too would have fell victim. Merry Christmas to these people I pray they sleep well at night, taking advantage of so many people, karma is a b**** and I would not want to be in their shoes when she comes back around their way.

• Re
    rene28 Dec 08, 2009

i was lookin 4 ways to make christmas a little better with my children. dealing with a recent seperation from my husband and myself and was just lookin up the approval card and stummbled onto this web site... thank u all from preventing me in losing money i dont have to lose.

rene

• Mi
    mike0104 Dec 10, 2009

i just received a card from these people and called their 1800 number in their disclosure on their web site then fount this review while talking to them on then phone. after reading some of ur comments to the lady and asking her if this was just a scam she started stuttering, couldnt talk at all it was funny as hell. thank you all for your reviews and for saving me from this scam

• Sj
    Sjc454 Dec 11, 2009

I recieved my pre approval card in the mail yesterday. Doing some research and finding this. Just want to say thank you to everyone who had thought of others. It is unfortunate that others will fall victim.. the card if for their own website where you buy overpriced items from them. NEver to recieve them and when the ask for your debit or credit card in your name that is so they can automatically withdraw their monthly payment from your account. Hopefully more people will research before providing their ssn# and CC or Debit CC numbers. Thank you and Merry Christmas

• Lu
    Lucila Dec 14, 2009

Thank you all for your input it help me not to make a mistake I also need money but I am not giving the little bit I have to survive my husband is a total permanent -disable-Vietnam veteran with a lot of medical problem so I got much on my plate to deal with don't have the time or energy to chase anybody for my money. I Am breaking this postcard right now.

• Jj
    JJulianne Dec 20, 2009

Hello I recieved the net first platinum card but I need you to send me another one. With my name and number on it. I am Julianne Balbutin.

• Ve
    VERY Concerned Dec 22, 2009

I to, just received a postcard today 12/21/09. I was already skeptical about these offers that come in the mail offering you credit lines. Then went to search and came across this complaints. Thank you everyone who wrote about these scam artist. these days money is hard to come by. these crooks need to be in jail, I don't know why these people get away with these scams. Tougher laws should be enforced on theses crooks, this has been going on for years in all areas of society.

• Ge
    Gerry M. Hobby Dec 22, 2009

I was also a victim. I am disabled and applied but I can't reach them by phone or anything and I am basically a vetran. I live in Hampton, Ga.

• Ge
    Gerry M. Hobby Dec 22, 2009

The Net First Platinum is a total scam and it will rip u off. I am glad many people have posted comments my papa Gerry Hobby is a victim of all this these people are addicted to money and tell u anything to get your money when they know how bad times are. but they don't care about people at all. BEWARE & STAY AWAY FROM NET FIRST PLATINUM...

• Ku
    kudda Dec 25, 2009

yeah i recieved a card and i payed the 29.oo fee and when i did i tryed to get instant access to account and the wasnt able to log on or even get a number to call. scam scam scam shame shame shame. lol if the would of just asked for the 29.00 dollars they probably would of got it