National Sales GroupThey are liars!

They charged me $38 and said that once I complete 2 forms and send them back to their offices, they will start working on my behalf. I sent in the two forms and have gotten absolutely nothing from them except a lot of terrible customer service.

The truth is that the two forms you submit to them only serve as their protection. These two forms are their way of saying "we have made contact with you, and this is our proof that we have provided a service to you."

I know this for a fact because I tried to call my bank to do a chargeback. My bank could not honor it because of what I just mentioned.

Once they get these two forms signed by you, it's pretty much over. They really do not give you an advantage into getting into a job. They claim that they have a recruiter who is working on your behalf, trying to market you to different employers, yet they won't give you the recruiter's name or information. They won't let you talk to them. For all you know they could be lying.

That is the extent of the help they will offer you.

They will also lie to you over the phone. Never in writing of course.

Today I just spoke with someone in customer service asking why I still haven't gotten any leads after signing up with them a month ago. The rep said that they only received only one of the forms back. That was a bald face lie because, not only do I have a fax receipt verifying that both forms I sent to them at the same time went through, but they sent me an email saying that they received both forms. The rep had no rebuttal after that. I stopped her dead in her tracks.

When I signed up with NSG, they said that most of their customers get interviews within 4 weeks. It's been over a month, and I haven't even had one job lead from them.

• Vi
    VictoriaParry Sep 11, 2009

signed up for their job board and recruiting help. they charged me 26.00 and then told me it was actually 38.00 after billing. they tried to sell me a book to make the total $98.00 I said no on the book.
    then when I received the web access job link with the user ID and password I realized the jobs they
    had listed were just junk. nothing real there.. jobs that stated they would start in Jan 2017 etc.
    I called to cancel in less than 48 hours but they would not agree to cancel saying they had already sent out the documents for me to sign.

also they charge a reoccuring monthly amount on your charge card so i have to change that number too.

bad folks.. stay away friends!

• Sl
    S.L.S Sep 14, 2009

I picked up the phone to call thew number in the job listing, while it was dialing I Googled "National Sales Group" and quess what came up first. The agent answered the phone and started asking me questions while I read the complaint board. He finally ask me for my credit or debit card number. I responded I do not give it out with out checking you out first. He could not have gotten off the phone quick enough, he almost hung up on me. THANKS FOR EVERYONES HEADS UP.
    Stan

• Me
    M.E. Sep 21, 2009

I appreciate the time that everyone has spent in providing feedback on the fraudulent and misleading business practices of National Sales Group. While the greeting message was playing, I found this complaint board and quickly hung up the phone with them.

It is certainly tragic to think that there are businesses that prey on the innocent and unsuspecting public, let alone job-seekers, and yet, here surfaces another example. What is more desperate is the deceptive nature of the employees that knowingly represent this business and these business practices. I categorize this company and its employees right up there with those involved in the credit default swaps and derivative business that put our economy in the shape it is in currently and the many of us that are out of work. National Sales Group does not provide any beneficial products or useful services. It is a scam as noted and do not engage with them.

To those that took the time, as I now have, to write about this business here on this site board, I thank you for saving me the time, money, and aggravation that the many before me, including some of you, have obviously suffered through. National Sales Group should be put out of business. I hope my message will serve others as the preceding witness has served me.

ME

Jobs OnHold Oct 05, 2009

They are very vague about charges and the timing of the charges. However, they are within their rights to do what they do. We can only hope people check here before making the leap.

• Ro
    Roger A. Oct 10, 2009

I was one of most likely many people who fell for this scam, I was a sucker, signed up for the so called service, they claimed to have a sales position available to which I applied for, but before I applied for it, I have to purchase this information where they were to mail me couple of forms where I was to fill out and fax them back, well, I never received the forms, which I paid for the shipping by the way, then I had to call and ask for the forms that were right there and then they emailed to me.. (So shipping was not required and I should not have paid for), then I proceeded to fill out, sign and fax back to them.. Now it has been over two weeks and I have not yet heard any thing from them.. BIG SCAM..THIEVES..

• Lo
    Lost Cause Oct 22, 2009

This list is awesome. I called this morning and he went through his spiel and the one commenter was right, as soon as I refused to give CC info and said I wanted to check them out he said"

"oki'llsendtheinformationouttoyouandyoucansignitandsenditback.click." Only a lot faster.

Total Scheissters! I wish I could find a job where I could scam people and make lots of money and not have my conscience drive me to hardcore drugs!

A sad, sad, world!

• Ka
    KAREN BABYAK Oct 27, 2009

This company is a complete scamming preying off of those who are unemployed. The registration fee of $37 basically just feeds you job listings you can get on your own from carrerbuilder.com or monster.com. Where they really get you - and I am assuming you get your $ off of - is for a $59 "Mastering the Art of the Sale" book you are also required to buy. This is an absolute piece of garbage. It is completely basic information that is in a huge font as to make it into book size. They state verbally in your first phone call that you have 30 days to cancel and return the book and that is the only time it is mentioned. when I called and cancelled within the 30 days the book nor the address to mail it to was never mentioned and I got stuck with this thing.

• Li
    LisaE Oct 27, 2009

We Need to get serious about how this and other company's work with services such as Career Builder and Monster.
    I intend on emailing Career Builder, filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office in California, where National Sales is based, and my state where they are promoting.
    I find I can't email National Sales to make certain that my credit card is not processed, since my internal alarm went off BEFORE we ended the conversation and I told the rep to NOT send me information and to back out my sale. I just wanted back-up prove that I was no longer interested in pursuing their way of doing business.
    Let's shut down these ### business'

• Ke
    Kem Oliver Feb 17, 2010

After reading all of your complaints, I went back and called NSA and cancelled my membership on the day I got it. I had no problem cancelling, but I just hope it's not because of a few bad experiences. It sounded like a theme, but I really need a job and not opposed to paying a little for some help finding one.

• Su
    Suzyqinseattle Aug 01, 2010

This company gets your resume off of Career Builder & tries to get you to "register" with them so they can place you with pharmeceutical/medical sales companies within 2 weeks...only 29.95...right...and can you take care of that today. I declined, thankfully saying go ahead with the email you said you were sending (& of couse never received anything)..I will review your info and proceed if I feel comfortable. They have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. Why the authorities have not shut them down already is a mystery!! I googled their name and could not even begin to wade though all of the complaints. I contacted Career Builder & filed a complaint and also The Federal Trade Commission & after you vent on this website, I encourage you to do the same...otherwise many more people will be take advantage of.

• Tl
    TLN Sep 21, 2010

I recieved a call from a number [protected] and when I picked up a recording started about a job in the pharmacuetical industry and that if I am interested to call the HR department by pressing 1. I press 1 and got a rep by the name of Mark Gibson stating that he would like my email to send some information via email to get my profiled created. He mentioned that I had to pay a 29.95 fee for a profile screening before major fortune 500 companies would consider looking at me. He promised me that once I create the file, pay the fee, then he will get some interviews set up. He also mentioned that the recruiters will have their people prep you for the interview. He sounded fishy because when I asked why I had to pay for a background screening for a job history, he stated it was a one time fee for a pre-screening not background check. I come from a background check company and know that the fortune 500 companies do not do a prescreening. A background is the first thing to be done and it is the employer's cost not the employees cost. Be aware. It is sad to see these types of scams on people who are really looking for a job. Good luck and be careful. If it sounds too good to be true, it isn't.

10/1/2017, october 1, 2017

NSG, NATIONAL SALES GROUP, IN MY OWN OPINION, IS A RIP OFF, A FRAUD, A SCAM, ILLEGITIMATE, UNETHICAL, FILTHY LIARS, THIEFS, IN MY OWN OPINION. PLEASE READ ON.

*******legally, and by the way, i can legally state ANY opinion, but i can NOT make an overreaching, generalized statement about a person or company. legally, anyone can say, write, publish, tweet, post and and print their own personal opinions and experiences.****** PLEASE READ ON.

contacted by DAN, of national sales group, NSG, who left a message, on october 1, 2017, 10/1/2017, i was asked to call HIM, dan, back, regarding a sales application i "allegedly" submitted on i suppose careerbuilder.com or monster.com, the ONLY 2 search engines i use.

why do i know this?

because after applying all the large, medium sized and small companies for many years, and never getting a response, i have not applied to any pharma or pharmaceutical or medical device companies in over 2/two years.

i can and have easily used google, and i have applied to maybe 10 different pharma companies in the past via direct web sites or monster or careerbuilder, and/or directly, but i have never received interest or a response from them or an interview. not one, never. i am over 30, a college graduate, and have a 4 year degree from a legitimate, brick and mortar university, which is nationally accredited, and is in the college and university pull down menu in all of the companies i have applied to on their web sites.

my major was in the school of business and public administration department, NOT in biology, not chemistry, nor in life sciences. biology or chemistry are 99% a requirement for pharma jobs, i have noticed. also, i have NO prior pharma or medical device sales experience. i do have exclusively outside sales experience.

my opinion, and observations, in seeing medical device reps and pharma reps when i have been in any of my doctor's office waiting rooms, in my whole life, is they only hire very, very young, good looking boys and girls UNDER 25 years old, period. which also would be recent college grads who could easily be male or female models. i am not ugly or fat. i am just not 25 and i am not a male model.

source: my eyes.

i see this when i notice them in parking lots with their rolling briefcases, samples in their hands, or in the building down stairs lobbys, or in the elevators with their name tags on. i have seen this my whole life. i have seen this when i notice them speaking to the office staff in doctor's offices and actually when they meet with doctors in the hallways of the doctor's offices.

anyway, i called DAN of national sales group, NSG, back 10/1/2101, october 1, 2017, and DAN is NOT available. stephanie, of national sales group, NSG, says, who answers the phone after a 5/five minute wait on hold, DAN is just an someone who calls people, and is not available, and she does not have any information why DAN called me.

then, i asked specific, detailed questions.

fact: stephanie of national sales group, NSG, told me there was no SPECIFIC position, but that i would have to pay a $29.00 web hosting fee. also, i would have to pay for my own background check. i asked her if this was just a "drift net" to call prospects, or if they had a specific job match in mind.

stephanie did NOT answer my questions directly, and said she did not know, as DAN called me. it was if DAN worked on the moon or something. but stephanie was very, very friendly, by the way. let me repeat, stephanie was very nice on the phone.

i did NOT ask about any other national sales group, NSG, fees, be they monthly, or ala carte, in the present or future, as i was suspicious.

i did NOT ask if there were other fees to "work" with their placement employees, recruiters, etc., as i was suspicious.

so, here it goes. national sales group, NSG, in my own opinion, is a scam, a fraud, a rip off, a cheat.

i have applied and worked for fortune 500 companies, and have never been asked to pay for my own background check. i have never achieved employment due to my paying for a recruiter asking me to pay for my resume to be posted on line, web hosted or using web hosting. ummmmm. email seems to work just fine in my experience.

so, again, fact, i did NOT recently apply for a pharma job, and national sales group, NSG, is just fishing for suckers to rip off money from, in my own opinion.

THERE WAS NEVER A JOB. JUST A REQUEST FOR WEB HOSTING FEE. I NEVER APPLIED FOR A PHARMA JOB, AND THEY STATED I DID. THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS AND FRAUDS AND SCAMMERS AND DIRTY FILTHY [censor], IN MY OPINION.

i live in los angeles, ca.

if there are typos, i apologize, as i tried to check for them, and do not feel like spending hours reviewing this document.

date this personal experience and my personal opinions was written is 10/4/2017, october 4, 2017

then, i asked specific, detailed questions.

THERE WAS NEVER A JOB. JUST A REQUEST FOR WEB HOSTING FEE. I NEVER APPLIED FOR A PHARMA JOB, AND THEY STATED I DID. THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS AND FRAUDS AND SCAMMERS AND DIRTY FILTHY ###, IN MY OPINION.

college grad in los angeles Oct 07, 2010

ADDENDUM TO MY POST AND MY COMMENTS ON OTHER POSTS REGARDING THE NATIONAL SALES GROUP, NSG:

1. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT THE SANTA BARBARA BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, BBB TO SEE THE CURRENT BBB RATING FOR NSG. IF YOU DO NOT TRUST A BBB TO BE FAIR, THAT IS UP TO YOU.

2. DOES THIS MEAN EVERY BBB IS RIGHT AND CORRECT? NO, IT DOES NOT.

3. OH, FYI, AS OF TODAY, 10/7/2017, THE SANTA BARBARA BBB RATES THE NATIONAL SALES GROUP, NSG, WITH AN "F". COULD THAT CHANGE TOMORROW? YES. ASK THE BBB, NOT ME. COULD THE NATIONAL SALES GROUP BE MIS-RATED AND GET AN "A" TOMORROW? ASK THE SANTA BARBARA BBB, NOT ME.

4. IS THAT FAIR? IS THAT VALID? IS THAT CORRECT? ASK THE SANTA BARBARA BBB, NOT ME. IT IS THEIR RATING, NOT MINE. DON'T ASK ME. I AM JUST POSTING THE SANTA BARBARA BBB LINK. MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION.

college grad in los angeles Oct 07, 2010

2. DOES THIS MEAN EVERY BBB IS RIGHT AND CORRECT? NO, IT DOES NOT.

• Sj
    SJBPFTL Oct 21, 2010

I found myself scammed by this company (stupid me) and paid the $29.00 service fee as well as the $9.90 shipping and handling fee of the packet they were going to mail. The guy on the other end of the phone told me to go to the website and sign up "right away to get this moving along". I went to Google to look up the company and noticed this complaint board. After reading all of the complaints, I realized I had been scammed!!! So, when I went to the login page and signed in, the first page is a list of rules...if you DON'T click the box saying you agree, you can call them and demand a refund. I just got off the phone with them and I will be getting a full refund, no questions asked. If you did click the box, I am not certain whether it will be easy to get a refund!!! Don't fall for this as I have found job listings on my own in my area!!!
    Good luck!!!