National Home Gardening Clublifetime membership not honored and owned now by scout

A Review updated:

For subscription changes or cancellation requests please call member services at 1-888-501-5752 monday through friday 9 a.M. - 5:30 p.M. Eastern time.
To add additional comments, reply to this email.

The above is from scout.

*please reply to my 2, yes two, lifetime memberships that have no longer been honored. National home gardening club and north american hunt club.
Both now are part of this scout.com and have no means of magazine subscriptions or honor system.

norma leib Oct 31, 2017

Years ago I joined Gardening How-To as a lifetime member. I received my free gifts and the magazine for quite a while. Then a couple years ago the magazine stopped coming (for no apparent reason) I would like to receive it again please ASAP. I have registered a complaint but so far no results.
    My member number is 70058773 and address is
    Norma Leib
    6221 Sabre Ct. NW
    Allbuquerque, NM 87107

Thank you!!!

• Lo
    Lorraine Hinz-Chilson Mar 15, 2018

Dear Norma, I too joined the clubs lifetime membership in the gardening and cooking clubs. I haven't received the magazines either. Did they ever respond to your request here?? Please email me at :
    [email protected] I would really like to know how it was handled. Thank you so very much.
    Sincerely, Lorraine Chilson

• Sy
    Syn9495 Nov 15, 2018

@Lorraine Hinz-Chilson Yes me too I've been a member since 2005!!! I'm more than upset I'm glad I saw this !! And it makes me so mad

ChelleWine Apr 23, 2018

I was able to contact them about not receiving my magazines either. They told me they switched to an online format due to 'changing times'. I explained I'm on a computer all day at work and wish to read my magazine on my porch while enjoying the outdoors and NOT on a computer. They didn't care. I guess my Lifetime Membership was for the duration of their life and not mine... sad, I really enjoyed the magazine and I miss it.

• Fr
    Francesca Bianco-Kishfy Sep 26, 2018

@ChelleWine Hi I to am “Lifetime Member!” Haha maybe they’re not sure of meaning? I stopped receiving mags as well as anything from them! I used to get things to test rarely but I did. At least I felt I was a member! I get nothing! Do they even exist! ? They took our $$$ and in return gave us nothing!!!

• Lo
    Lois H. Weaver Jul 08, 2018

Why no notification of change???
    I liked the trial products.
    You keep our money and we get $0.00...WHY??? Is this a way to do business today?

• Pa
    palermopaul Sep 07, 2018

I too am disappointed! I paid for a life time membership and HEY guess what? I'm still alive!! If anyone knows of a class action or anything, Please let me know. [email protected]

• Ca
    Cathie Ploof Sep 25, 2018

I also paid for a lifetime membership and now am ignored. I liked the magazine and do not want to read it on line.

• Fr
    Francesca Bianco-Kishfy Sep 26, 2018

We should start a class action! If I remember correctly I paid about $300 for this lifetime membership! But what did it get us?????

• Ki
    Kikiblue Oct 16, 2018

I got maybe 5 magazines after paying 300 for a lifetime subscription.
    Unethical for sure

• Ki
    Kikiblue Oct 16, 2018

This company is a scam, takes money and offers nothing in return.
    Should be a lawsuit

• We
    wEva Oct 26, 2018

I TO AM A LIFETIME MEMGER NOT CHEAP EITHER AND NOW NO BOOKS I DID ENJOY READING AND THEY ARE STILL ASKING FOR MEMBERSHIPS OF 200.00 WE NEED A CLASS ACTION IF ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS

• Ca
    Candie 2 Nov 13, 2018

I too subscribe to be a lifetime member, paid too much money for what I received. Only got one product to test out. They did send me some freebies, mostly junk. We had access to all the gardening help online, but that was a joke. Very little info, I knew more than the website. They kept wanting me to buy books, their products we tested, calendars, etc. It was pay, pay, pay. I think we were all scammed, scammed, scammed. Class Action suit would be great, include me in. My membership #70467336

• Es
    EStacia Arriaga Nov 17, 2018

I'm a lifetime member also. I paid for Cooking Club and Gardening cub. A scam in deed! Can't believe I paid all that money. I'm in for a Class Action suit!

• Ct
    CT_Homesteader Nov 25, 2018

I had almost forgotten that I paid for a lifetime membership until I came across my membership card. Looking back, it seemed legit at the time. Now? Not so much. I can't remember the last time I received ANYTHING from "the club". I'm with the rest of you...class action would be sweet!

• De
    Debbie poff Mar 08, 2020

@CT_Homesteader I just found my card today. My membership started in 2013. I too got some free trial products and enjoyed using them. Then all of the sudden it stopped. I agree that something should have been sent out letting us know what was going on. My membership #70700170. Just in case the new owner reads these.

• Mc
    M C Keller Dec 04, 2018

I am also a life member of the National Home Gardening club. Paid out $200 and a few years ago the magazines stopped coming and all other benefits stopped. What a ripoff. I all for a class action lawsuit if anyone knows how to get it going

• Ru
    Ruth 60 Dec 13, 2018

I signed up for the lifetime membership but the price was not in the information until I got a bill I did not know that they wanted $300. I was unable to pay that much at the time so I ask to just be kept on the yearly rate. I did receive a letter that it would be fine to do that but I never received anything more from them even after sending letters to them. Guess I actually dodged a bullet.

• Do
    DonnaRee Dec 16, 2018

We also have a lifetime membership and have not been receiving the magazine. We are actually charter members from December 2002. I had forgotten about it until I came across our membership card. I sent an email to the lifetime membership person, Bobbie Verser, on the website and that address is no longer a good address, .

Joan Lince Fischer Jan 17, 2019

Not surprised the National Home Gardening club no longer exists. I joined in 2006 and did receive magazines for a long time but missed updating my mailing address changes and just now am going through old files and found my last billing invoice. I'll keep it as a reminder in the future - life time is not my lifetime... Guess will post a complaint with the BBB just because.

• Ka
    Kathryn Ackerman Jan 18, 2019

I forgot about my lifetime membership too, till I moved and started looking through my old files. They should reimburse their lifetime members!

• Su
    Suzannah Reed Jan 24, 2019

I am also a lifetime member and kinda ticked. There was no notification at all. We all should be reimbursed somehow. If someone gets a suit going, I’m in.

• Be
    Beth A G Jan 27, 2019

I was also a lifetime member and tried logging in and was denied access. I can't get a hold of anyone and there is nothing to help me maybe remember my user name or password. I don't like the new format.

• Di
    Diana Becker Jan 28, 2019

I have been looking for this to. I also miss the magazines and test products. sounds like becoming a life member is not true. sad I enjoyed the magazines.

• Da
    Dana Basse Jan 31, 2019

I paid $300 for a lifetime membership. Every thing stopped including the magazine. The number to call is no longer a working number. I was a member since August 1996. My member number is 80050767. I would like recourse since it is false advertisement.
    Dana Basse 330-448-1985.

• Mi
    Missy Daale Van Egdom Feb 13, 2019

Boy... sounds like a lot of us got sucked into a scam. "lifetime" member #70443296.

• In
    Ina Ross Feb 19, 2019

I totally agree with all these postings. Has NHGC fallen off the planet (80136148)

• Je
    Jean Mooney Apr 03, 2019

Count me in on the disapointment! My Lide Membership has not been honored and I havent een a magazine since 2009.

maryann kamienski May 03, 2019

I, too signed up for a lifetime membership & haven't heard from them in quite a few years? How is this the way to treat people that paid for their membership??

• Re
    Reneeshell Jun 20, 2019

I too was a life time member. At first I thought that I had not received any mail from them because I had moved. The other day I was looking through some old mail. The last thing the Gardening Club sent me was an invite for a credit card with their name on it at my new address. It was very sweet of them to acknowledge where I moved to by asking for a hand out! :-/

Jackie Irritated Gardener Aug 01, 2019

I've been organizing all my files and found my gold card with LIFE MEMBER all over it. I can't remember the last time I got a magazine, (I think they were only every two months anyway) and I was supposed to get them for the rest of my life. What a con!
    I can't find a web-site for them. Have they gone bankrupt? Does anyone have any advice what to do?
    Thank you, won't fall for something like that again.

• Je
    Jennha Aug 02, 2019

I too have been a life member for years. I hadn't realized the magazine's had stopped until they didn't send me my calendar that I bought every year and when I contacted them they said they weren't doing the magazines anymore and sorry we didn't send you a calendar and I never heard from then again! Count me in on a class action!

• Ru
    RussfromRevere Aug 23, 2019

Also a Lifetime Member that had subscription suddenly cease with no notice nor reason given. Same experience as most here, when calling customer service # from magazine, it simply says disconnected, no further info known/given. When trying the email listed in the magazine, get no response back. What a responsible, ethical company.

• Fl
    Flora Treut Sep 27, 2019

Count me in on the lawsuit if anyone knows how to go about it!

• Au
    Aurora Williamson Oct 08, 2019

Does anyone know what is going on with National Home Gardening Life Memberships?? Where/how do we participate in whatever benefits are still being offered (or not...)??!!

• My
    mytht Nov 02, 2019

Count me in as I am also a life time member. Very upset about the amount of money I paid and never received anything but the magazine. I also found my life time member card.

• Mm
    MM Ries Nov 16, 2019

I have been a "Lifetime Member" since March of 1998!
    I did participate in several trials of new products. Guess there aren't any new products being made these days. So sad. I also purchased several editions of their books on gardening, etc. They are great dust collectors. I still have my welcome letter signed by Cort Sinnes Executive Director. And the decals and patch Perhaps I can use the patch over my eye after reading all the negative feedback on this 'wonderful' club. Guess we are a club all right. A club of people who got ripped off! So happy that the organization has great communication and is enjoying all our hard earned dollars.

• Ha
    Harley Mama Dec 01, 2019

Wow! I thought that with 3 moves in 10 years I was somehow remiss in keeping up with my lifetime membership. Apparently, it was a giant $300.00 rip off. If anyone figures out how to file a class action lawsuit count me in.

Allison Haynes
    Stephenville, TX

• Do
    donbb Jan 23, 2020

I too a member froom 2000..TOO bad we cant get somewhere..donb..Canada

• Wi
    Widget Shannon Feb 14, 2020

The last time I heard from NHGC was in July 2012 asking if I wanted to continue receiving all Life Member Benefits to please contact them. I did. Haven't heard from them since. Looking through old stacks of stuff, I found their post card. Info I found on the internet says it is now owned by scout. What is scout? Class action suit sounds good to me.

sandra pierce Apr 21, 2020

hi, Im sandy pierce I am member number is 70573323 I would like start up again

• Mi
    Missy Shipley Apr 27, 2020

I was just wondering about this as well, I was a long time member too. I think I have the majority of the books, but I know there are more that I don't have. I did some product testing & really loved the product reviews. I'm in for a class action!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices