National Home Gardening ClubLifetime membership not honored and owned now by scout

A Review updated:

For subscription changes or cancellation requests please call member services at 1-888-501-5752 monday through friday 9 a.M. - 5:30 p.M. Eastern time.
To add additional comments, reply to this email.

The above is from scout.

*please reply to my 2, yes two, lifetime memberships that have no longer been honored. National home gardening club and north american hunt club.
Both now are part of this scout.com and have no means of magazine subscriptions or honor system.

Margie A Jul 31, 2021

Same problem here; paid for lifetime membership & nothing happening. I, also, joined the National Cooking Club for a lifetime & don't receive anything from them either. I lived in Minnesota at the time I joined both clubs & I thought Minnesota people are so honest, this will be a nice thing to join.
    Margie Anderson
    300 S Mill St
    Morrison TN 37110
    [protected]

• Kb
    KBJohnson May 23, 2021

Looks like I join many other lifetime members that are left out in the cold. I joined National Home Gardening Club in 1997. I only received a set of gardening tools to test. I loved the magazine. I discovered my card while cleaning the desk of old papers and decided to see what was new with them. Sadly...just taken advantage of. They no longer exist and I never received a mailing of any kind from them. Would be nice to know that they should give out some compensation to all of us who paid a pretty price for the membership. [email protected]

• Te
    Tecumsah May 20, 2021

Well, I find I'm in the company of a lot of fellow gardeners who've been buried in the woods! I am a lifetime member since March 2004. I guess it was a shorter lifetime than I thought. Sad, the magazine was good and the trial tools OK. But they seemed to just disappear and I forgot them until I found my card and started to look for them again. Bad business, no follow-up and a rip-off.

• Sw
    Sweet Sugar Cookie Mar 09, 2021

I do paid for this membership I also paid for the cooking club of america I paid like $300 or more for both clubs like over $600. I just thought about the clubs when I was outside gardening and was looking as to how I can change the address for my account bc I have moved twice since I have gotten anything from them. So I haven't seen anything from them since way before my husband died 6 years ago. I am kinda upset because that's ALOT of money.

• Cl
    Claudia Robb Cunniff Feb 13, 2021

I also just came across my membership card and also the National Cooking Club since 2004. It was expensive to join and I did not realize they had stopped communicating with me till I found the membership card. I can't believe that some Attorney General from one state or another has not looked into this. I think they made off with a lot of money from a lot of us. I do hope they get tracked down and are made to make some kind of restitution to all that has lost money on this scam.

Claudia Cunniff

• Ca
    CaJo Feb 07, 2021

I'm also a lifetime member since 1996. I have moved several times since and kinda forgotten about it until I was going through some old boxes today and came across my membership card. So I did a Google search to see what was going on with the club and came across this web site. Sad to hear that it no longer exist. I did a lot of product and seed testing. Still have the books and most of the plants, I've made sure to take them with me every time we've moved
    Cathy Jones
    [email protected]

• Ka
    Kate Somogyi Dec 11, 2020

We all seem to have the same or similar problem. I don't like just giving a company a few hundred dollars for a few magazines. I have been a life member since 1999 and still kicking. Any lawyers here? [email protected]

• De
    Debbie Taira Nov 22, 2020

I've been a "Life Member" since 2004. My email access has been denied. Please add me to the long and growing list of disappointed members.

• Sh
    Sherree Cordero Nov 22, 2020

I've been a "lifetime" member since September 13, 1998. The last I heard from them was in October 2000 when I purchased 2 books. I have bought 37 books from them. Not a word since. If a lawsuit gets started please include me!

• Cl
    CL Counter Sep 07, 2020

I, too, am a lifetime member of both the Gardening Club and the Cooking Club, since 1999. As I recall, it was not inexpensive but for a lifetime membership, it seemed well worth the price. We all know how life interrupts what we want to do, so I did not follow up when I stopped getting the magazines and other mail. Over time I guess I forgot about it. Just ran across my Gardening Club card the other day. If they are going to change formats or shut down or be sold to someone else, some notification would have been nice. And no, I don't think I got my money's worth from the membership.

• Ro
    Rod Ogden Jul 19, 2020

I am a previous member #[protected], and was wondering if that is possible to renew membership?

• Mi
    Missy Shipley Apr 27, 2020

I was just wondering about this as well, I was a long time member too. I think I have the majority of the books, but I know there are more that I don't have. I did some product testing & really loved the product reviews. I'm in for a class action!

sandra pierce Apr 21, 2020

hi, Im sandy pierce I am member number is [protected] I would like start up again

• Wi
    Widget Shannon Feb 14, 2020

The last time I heard from NHGC was in July 2012 asking if I wanted to continue receiving all Life Member Benefits to please contact them. I did. Haven't heard from them since. Looking through old stacks of stuff, I found their post card. Info I found on the internet says it is now owned by scout. What is scout? Class action suit sounds good to me.

• Do
    donbb Jan 23, 2020

I too a member froom 2000..TOO bad we cant get somewhere..donb..Canada

• Ha
    Harley Mama Dec 01, 2019

Wow! I thought that with 3 moves in 10 years I was somehow remiss in keeping up with my lifetime membership. Apparently, it was a giant $300.00 rip off. If anyone figures out how to file a class action lawsuit count me in.

Allison Haynes
    Stephenville, TX

• Mm
    MM Ries Nov 16, 2019

I have been a "Lifetime Member" since March of 1998!
    I did participate in several trials of new products. Guess there aren't any new products being made these days. So sad. I also purchased several editions of their books on gardening, etc. They are great dust collectors. I still have my welcome letter signed by Cort Sinnes Executive Director. And the decals and patch Perhaps I can use the patch over my eye after reading all the negative feedback on this 'wonderful' club. Guess we are a club all right. A club of people who got ripped off! So happy that the organization has great communication and is enjoying all our hard earned dollars.

• Lo
    Louise Beaudoin Mar 14, 2021

@MM Ries I joined April 1998 and still have my Life Member card. New company should honor NHGC customers since we made the company thrive. Bad business practices.

• My
    mytht Nov 02, 2019

Count me in as I am also a life time member. Very upset about the amount of money I paid and never received anything but the magazine. I also found my life time member card.

• Au
    Aurora Williamson Oct 08, 2019

Does anyone know what is going on with National Home Gardening Life Memberships?? Where/how do we participate in whatever benefits are still being offered (or not...)??!!

• Fl
    Flora Treut Sep 27, 2019

Count me in on the lawsuit if anyone knows how to go about it!

• Ru
    RussfromRevere Aug 23, 2019

Also a Lifetime Member that had subscription suddenly cease with no notice nor reason given. Same experience as most here, when calling customer service # from magazine, it simply says disconnected, no further info known/given. When trying the email listed in the magazine, get no response back. What a responsible, ethical company.

• Je
    Jennha Aug 02, 2019

I too have been a life member for years. I hadn't realized the magazine's had stopped until they didn't send me my calendar that I bought every year and when I contacted them they said they weren't doing the magazines anymore and sorry we didn't send you a calendar and I never heard from then again! Count me in on a class action!

Jackie Irritated Gardener Aug 01, 2019

I've been organizing all my files and found my gold card with LIFE MEMBER all over it. I can't remember the last time I got a magazine, (I think they were only every two months anyway) and I was supposed to get them for the rest of my life. What a con!
    I can't find a web-site for them. Have they gone bankrupt? Does anyone have any advice what to do?
    Thank you, won't fall for something like that again.

• Re
    Reneeshell Jun 20, 2019

I too was a life time member. At first I thought that I had not received any mail from them because I had moved. The other day I was looking through some old mail. The last thing the Gardening Club sent me was an invite for a credit card with their name on it at my new address. It was very sweet of them to acknowledge where I moved to by asking for a hand out! :-/

maryann kamienski May 03, 2019

I, too signed up for a lifetime membership & haven't heard from them in quite a few years? How is this the way to treat people that paid for their membership??

• Je
    Jean Mooney Apr 03, 2019

Count me in on the disapointment! My Lide Membership has not been honored and I havent een a magazine since 2009.

• In
    Ina Ross Feb 19, 2019

I totally agree with all these postings. Has NHGC fallen off the planet ([protected])

• Mi
    Missy Daale Van Egdom Feb 13, 2019

Boy... sounds like a lot of us got sucked into a scam. "lifetime" member #[protected].

• Da
    Dana Basse Jan 31, 2019

I paid $300 for a lifetime membership. Every thing stopped including the magazine. The number to call is no longer a working number. I was a member since August 1996. My member number is [protected]. I would like recourse since it is false advertisement.
    Dana Basse [protected].

• Di
    Diana Becker Jan 28, 2019

I have been looking for this to. I also miss the magazines and test products. sounds like becoming a life member is not true. sad I enjoyed the magazines.

• Be
    Beth A G Jan 27, 2019

I was also a lifetime member and tried logging in and was denied access. I can't get a hold of anyone and there is nothing to help me maybe remember my user name or password. I don't like the new format.

• Su
    Suzannah Reed Jan 24, 2019

I am also a lifetime member and kinda ticked. There was no notification at all. We all should be reimbursed somehow. If someone gets a suit going, I’m in.

• Ka
    Kathryn Ackerman Jan 18, 2019

I forgot about my lifetime membership too, till I moved and started looking through my old files. They should reimburse their lifetime members!

Joan Lince Fischer Jan 17, 2019

Not surprised the National Home Gardening club no longer exists. I joined in 2006 and did receive magazines for a long time but missed updating my mailing address changes and just now am going through old files and found my last billing invoice. I'll keep it as a reminder in the future - life time is not my lifetime... Guess will post a complaint with the BBB just because.

• Do
    DonnaRee Dec 16, 2018

We also have a lifetime membership and have not been receiving the magazine. We are actually charter members from December 2002. I had forgotten about it until I came across our membership card. I sent an email to the lifetime membership person, Bobbie Verser, on the website and that address is no longer a good address, .

• Ru
    Ruth 60 Dec 13, 2018

I signed up for the lifetime membership but the price was not in the information until I got a bill I did not know that they wanted $300. I was unable to pay that much at the time so I ask to just be kept on the yearly rate. I did receive a letter that it would be fine to do that but I never received anything more from them even after sending letters to them. Guess I actually dodged a bullet.

• Mc
    M C Keller Dec 04, 2018

I am also a life member of the National Home Gardening club. Paid out $200 and a few years ago the magazines stopped coming and all other benefits stopped. What a ripoff. I all for a class action lawsuit if anyone knows how to get it going

• Ct
    CT_Homesteader Nov 25, 2018

I had almost forgotten that I paid for a lifetime membership until I came across my membership card. Looking back, it seemed legit at the time. Now? Not so much. I can't remember the last time I received ANYTHING from "the club". I'm with the rest of you...class action would be sweet!

• De
    Debbie poff Mar 08, 2020

@CT_Homesteader I just found my card today. My membership started in 2013. I too got some free trial products and enjoyed using them. Then all of the sudden it stopped. I agree that something should have been sent out letting us know what was going on. My membership #[protected]. Just in case the new owner reads these.

• Es
    EStacia Arriaga Nov 17, 2018

I'm a lifetime member also. I paid for Cooking Club and Gardening cub. A scam in deed! Can't believe I paid all that money. I'm in for a Class Action suit!

• Ca
    Candie 2 Nov 13, 2018

I too subscribe to be a lifetime member, paid too much money for what I received. Only got one product to test out. They did send me some freebies, mostly junk. We had access to all the gardening help online, but that was a joke. Very little info, I knew more than the website. They kept wanting me to buy books, their products we tested, calendars, etc. It was pay, pay, pay. I think we were all scammed, scammed, scammed. Class Action suit would be great, include me in. My membership #[protected]