My Three CentsHarsh Treatment of new members

Click on the link to see the full complaint

DB's Dead Brother Oct 20, 2012

More brilliance!

Posted by littleshorty on 2012-10-20
    I'm sorry, I don't really understand this complaint.

• So
    SonOfDad Oct 20, 2012

Savvy consumers avoid m3c. You should too.

DB's Dead Brother Oct 20, 2012

The Basher never farts

• Um
    umbgva Oct 20, 2012

Somewhere outthere lurks the madconsumer!!

• Do
    Donnie Vashir Oct 20, 2012

It is good that a new my3cents article has been started. More space is necessary for new comments. Most enjoyable.

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Oct 19, 2012

The madconsumer has disappeared.

• The Lidman Foundation Oct 19, 2012

the minions continue to chastize the OP on the AAA review...

• The Lidman Foundation Oct 19, 2012

the minions trying "one up" on each others comments in regards to AAA rules and policies. while feeding the usual condescending drival to the OP,

Posted by unhappy999 on 2012-10-17
    I'm not an AAA member but I just went to their website and there is no mention anywhere about a discount at Enterprise. Couldn't you have asked Enterprise if they still give AAA discount? The discounts are perks for being a member of AAA, your membership dues are for the road side assistance they offer. Just because they may have had a discount in the past doesn't mean they still offer it. Anytime I want a discount on something, I make sure that it is still offered. I don't think AAA owes you any money nor are the obligated to refund any of your money as they had nothing to do with your car rental.

Posted by CowboyFan on 2012-10-17
    I like Triple A and have used the discount frequently. One must look to see at the seller offers a Triple A discount, and then bring to their attention at the time of purchase/rental. That would have avoided all of the problem.

The OP is mad at Triple A because they made an assumption, that was not correct. Unhappy999 summed it up well.

Posted by samanthasmom on 2012-10-17
    AAA should have the courtesy to notify their members when they end an affiliation with a business such as enterprise.

But...as a customer it is your responsibility to confirm whether or not you are entitled to a discount before you rent a car. Or book a hotel. Not after the fact. AAA doesn't owe the OP anything. Even if AAA had sent out a notice, it doesn't guarantee all of their members will be notified. Not everyone reads the inserts that come with the monthly bill. Not everyone opens their "junk mail". The OP wrongly assumed he would get a AAA discount. He should of asked about the discount when he signed the rental agreement. Not after the fact.

Posted by trmn8r on 2012-10-17
    I have a question off the top - you carried an AAA membership for 25 YEARS - until this incident, were you happy with it? What did you get out of it? I have been an AAA member for 3 or 4 distinct periods in my life, and each one was profitable to me. Between the tourbooks, maps, towing service and lockout service, I had no complaints at all and thought it was a bargain. AAA "discounts" were actually one of the least attractive features, as they were fairly small.

If your total bill was $580, I don't see how a 20% discount is $40. But that is besides the point - with AAA, you always verify your plans to use an AAA discount when you book, or at the latest when you go to sign a contract. Did Enterprise tell you that there would or wouldn't be an AAA discount?

Last, what AAA told you makes sense in my experience - AAA does not notify you when participation/promotions change.

Posted by BigAl on 2012-10-17
    I usually do not respond to these type of reviews but you asked me to ("you tell me") Nothing in your review would suggest that you have been wronged by AAA. To expect a company to personally notify you of every change is absurd. Any consumer with reasonable intelligence would realize that such an endeavor by any company to personally keep it's customers updated on every change would be cost prohibited.

• AppleKornKid Oct 18, 2012

...found my first grey pube today. I'm okay with it. At least more than the other people on the elevator were...

DB's Dead Brother Oct 18, 2012

Amen, Still!

Savvy consumers avoid my3cents, and you should, too!

• St
    Still Watching You Oct 18, 2012

What is notable, Lidman, is that now that my3cents.com is fully moderated, that means each and every one of these comments that seek to belittle the person making the claim about poor customer service at McDonald's was first reviewed by a Moderator before being posted to the site.

Folks, if you have a concern about a company or a product, do yourselves a favor and avoid my3cents.com if you want your voice to be heard and taken seriously.

DB's Dead Brother Oct 18, 2012

What's also noteworthy, Lidman, is that since my3cents.com is now fully moderated, each and every one of those comments that belittle the person complaining about bad customer service was APPROVED by the my3cents.com moderators before being posted.

The scrap of my3cents.com that still remains today is just as nasty and mean spirited as ever before. The thread you posted merely proves it.

People, if you have a concern about a product or a company, do yourselves a favor and stay away from my3cents.com. That is, if you want to be taken seriously and not have your concerns attacked out of childish, sadistic spite.

• The Lidman Foundation Oct 17, 2012

Wow. The OP has a legitmate complaint about CS rudeness and the most of the m3c regulars choose to nitpick whether or not this was a real meal.

Posted by Cwazychicken on 2012-10-17
    Actually on the website it shows fruit and maple oatmeal, but it is not a meal. And it shows fruit and walnuts in a bowl, that is not oatmeal, also not a meal.

Posted by Cwazychicken on 2012-10-17
    Fruit & Walnuts
    Go wild with wedges of crisp apples, juicy red grapes, candied walnuts and our low-fat vanilla yogurt.

There is an apple cinnamon walnut oatmeal but that is not fruit, if thats what u were wanting.

Posted by Vinnie11 on 2012-10-17
    My McD serves two types of oatmeal: "Fruit & Maple" and "Apple, Cinnamon & Walnut". They are both shown in a bowl. They also have "Fruit & Walnuts" but it is not a salad. It is literally fruit (apples and grapes) with a side of walnuts and a side of vanilla yogurt - not mixed together like the "Fruit (Strawberries and Blueberries) & Yogurt parfait".

No matter what the sign said and even if the customer was confused, they were extremely rude starting with the cashier who took her order. It was obvious she wanted two things and she didn't even attempt to figure out what it was or offer any alternatives. She just said "$1.08, drive around."

VERY poor service :-(

Report your concerns to:

They actually DO listen.

Posted by FoDaddy19 on 2012-10-17
    The manager was right, it's a salad, not a meal, and it's only availible on the breakfast menu as you can see here

Posted by melissa253 on 2012-10-17
    I don't think the manager was rude. You were mistaken and when they tried to tell you over and what it was the McDonald's had to offer. You refused to listen. McDonald's does NOT have a "Fruit and Walnut Meal"

Posted by kjs on 2012-10-17
    Meal or salad, the cashier was unhelpful, and very rude. You would have thought if she worked at McDonald's for any amount of time, she could have figured out the patron wanted a fruit and walnut "whatever". The manager was also condescending. Most McDonald's restaurants are hit or miss, depending on the manager or owner.Sounds like this establishment is a miss.

Posted by BigAl on 2012-10-17
    I believe the problem here is the word "meal" In Mcdonalds terminology a "meal" comes with other things such as a drink or side. For what it's worth I do not want to be waiting behind this OP in the drive-thru while she is argueing her case. I saw no rudeness here other than the OP not believing she was the only confused customer.

• She was a jerk.

• *littleshorty* Oct 16, 2012

ZZorkk is/was one of the sweetest, nicest most gentle member on my3cents.

• One person, whose screen name begins with "Zz" (I cannot remember the rest), was so antagonistic that the overwhelming majority of her comments were placed in the cornfields.. I mean, what is the point of her even being there to comment on anything, if almost all of her comments are deemed "off topic"?

But the site Admins and Mods all love her. They giggle and go "tee hee" every time she says something outrageous and offensive, then add "Oh, that's just how she is."

Now you are next.

You killed my sister.

DB's Dead Brother Oct 16, 2012

if I could kill D B and Little shatty and the rest of the gang, I would. I would LOVE to!

You should all die for what you have done.

You should all die for what you have done.

DB's Dead Brother Oct 16, 2012

YOUR BROTHER IS DEAD, DB -- DEAD!!!

DEAD BROTHER!

AND SHE LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND LAUGHED WHEN HE DIED!

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

DB's Dead Brother Oct 16, 2012

DB has an anus face and so looks like her dead brother!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• M3C QueenBee Oct 16, 2012

AWWWW. I thought you worshiped me. I'm the queen of my3cents.

DB's Dead Brother Oct 16, 2012

###, my sister hates me.

Oh well.

She always loved DAD more than me, what with his puckered anus and all.

(Hey! There's a new word for you to complain about and have screened: "anus" -- as in your FACE!

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Queenie! My Love!

you are soooo right!

It's a shame I had to die!

I am soooooo DEAD right now -- don't your love me? don't you miss me?

I HATE YOU, BIT CH

• M3C QueenBee Oct 16, 2012

Mr. Smitty aka superbowl aka oldtimer. Nuff said

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Oct 16, 2012

We have defeated Peter, and Paul, now all that's left is Brenda and the Madconsumer. Then our victory will be complete.

• M3C QueenBee Oct 15, 2012

It's just a mis-understanding.

• M3C QueenBee Oct 15, 2012

MrSmitty is good people. He and pirate have buried the hatchet.

• The Lidman Foundation Oct 15, 2012

royal buckels aka littlewawa...

Posted by trmn8r on 2012-10-15
    I miss my Basher fix. She's on this thread in all her "hair to there" glory, but I need something more regular.

Posted by DebtorBasher on 2012-10-15
    Awwww...8er, 8er, my 8er! I miss you too!
    My quietly voting your comments 'helpful' is my way of whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

Posted by Anna Molly on 2012-10-15
    Like Chuck, I am also convinced the M3C we once knew is gone. It's not necessarily a bad thing. This site IS primarily for consumers to review their experiences about companies, good or bad, and for us, as fellow consumers to offer advice. The community forum was a nice place to check out, and meet with (usually)long time members and discuss other things.

• Brenda's Mom Oct 15, 2012

geez superbowl give it a rest already

DB's Dead Brother Oct 15, 2012

Isn't it odd that so many people on my3cents.com came out to comment on the thread about what's wrong with m3c, yet so few -- barely anyone -- comments on actual reviews?

Posted by Wally86 on 2012-10-15
    I hope this is just a temp issue, and that M3C will come back to the site we once knew and loved *sigh*

Posted by DebtorBasher on 2012-10-15
    The lack of the 'What's Going On' Page has cut the trolling down A LOT and that's a good thing. Though I love that feature to see what's going on, it has been misused and members have used it to follow behind other members. The reviews seem to be more concentrated on the topics now. But, I do miss the community chit chat on a more fun side of the site.

New Policy On M3C? Informative

Do you like the NEW M3C? - Reviews Not Updated as Before

Review by oldisgood on 2012-10-15
    Helpful Votes

It used to be when you posted a comment on a review and clicked "follow " you were notified when new comments were posted. Not so anymore. What is happening??

M3C User Discussion
    Posted by DebtorBasher on 2012-10-15
    Addy would be the best one to answer this, but I think someone has asked about this before and was told that feature has been disabled while they work on some behind the scene issues.

Posted by Kris10 on 2012-10-15
    DB, any idea how long it will be until that's done?

Also, maybe you could pass along a message to Addy to notify us of things like that via mass messages? It just would be nice to know.

Also, is anyone else getting the review time for comments??

Posted by tnchuck100 on 2012-10-15
    Nope. Not so much the community side but they still display the "down for a week non-sense" when you try to access some of your profile information.

I am convinced the M3C we once knew is gone. They sure don't want us (the members) to know what their intentions are. Tis a sad state of affairs. RIP.

Posted by trmn8r on 2012-10-15
    If you want to know what is happening, email admin. This kind of question may not be something that can't be answered to your satisfaction.

To answer the question as to whether I "like" the change, I do. It cuts down on the chaff, and I'm in no hurry to see what I posted anyway.

Posted by trmn8r on 2012-10-15
    Oops - I didn't read this properly. Part of my response is germane, but the other part is not - I thought it was about responses not be posted immediately - it was about the "follow" feature (which I never used). My bad.

Posted by clutzycook on 2012-10-15
    I don't like it. It's not as much fun anymore!

Oh, here's a good one:

DBGFY

J4AGFY

etc. etc.

• DIRM74 Oct 14, 2012

royal buckels aka brenda the piggy pig pig

• DIRM74 Oct 14, 2012

LSGFY ???? and who is Royal Buckels???

• The Lidman Foundation Oct 14, 2012