Menu
Monster Worldwide / Monster.com
reviews & complaints

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

26 complaints
4 resolved 22 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Monster Worldwide / Monster.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
G
11:06 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - Talent resourcer

[email protected]

I am truly discussed with the communication and listening skills of Martina.

How dare she be responsible for the future prospects of a seriously talented candidate.

I am 44 years of age and generally do not complain however this attitude of a supposed Talent Resourcer is shocking and actually beyond belief.

One of my best friends works for Monster and I know for a fact this is not the quality and standard that Monster wants to portray to the world.

Desired outcome: I would like to be interviewed by someone else please ?

I
10:23 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - monster database services for recruitment

I purchased monster database services for recruitment and paid over INR 80, 000 however when I started using the database I realized that profiles are outdated and people do not update profiles over here. When I decided to give up services even though the sales person told me that I am free to discontinue services any time if I do not find them appropriate. When I actually did that I was threatened to pay for the services on the basis of the agreement that I signed. This is cheating as we can not trust their sales persons and I was forced to pay the full amount. Be aware of this cheaters as they may commit you something just to sale their outdated products and achieve targets. Make sure that you take everything in writing.

I would suggest based on my experience that not to buy their database prodcts as they are outdated, they do not invest in them to promote them for updated resumes. Its complete waste of money. Moreover its a big trap as once you get into this there is no escape. Even if you escalate to their seniors it's of no any use as all of them are cheaters and they would not take any action

T
10:03 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

One guy called me Umesh prasad and said pay 2000 for 100% job assure and also he send me company details and payment details [email protected] Name- Umesh prasad. AC- 37851337136. Bank- SBI IFSC CODE -SBIN0060336 Job Reference no- HR09197, after payment.i said please refund my money but his mobile no is switch off and i think it is fake.he provide me this mail id [email protected] is this fake or not.

A
1:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Candidates i would like to inform you that you have to paid here 2500+7200+12800 Rs for your job services this is your payment Id Product Name Amount ID Resume zapper 2500 UBK12676k Documents verification 7200 USH128745H Agreement Latter 12800 UBR12636G we are working on your profile and also sent your docs for company for verification after...

View 0 more photos
A
4:33 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - monsterindia.com

MonsterIndia.com is a fake job portal . DOnt pay for them ..

Full of fake promises and fraud organisation. Please do not pay a single rupee for jobs. I have done it unfortunately and after 3 weeks, believe me, not even a single company has contacted me for job interviews. I was contacted by a certain ms deepthi to pay inr 6500. Everytime i contact wisdomjobs, they say that they have forwarded my cv and are awaiting the company feedback. They do not even share the company names with whom they share our cv (If atall they send our cv)...

S
3:28 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - monster.com jobs

Monster.com collects emails addresses from individuals from its partners, then creates unauthorized accounts for those emails addresses. When those for whom the unauthorized accounts contact Monster.com in order to stop emails they subsequently receive, Monster.com then attempts to EXTORT information (first and last name, phone number, address, past employers, etc.) from those individuals in order to process account closure. Monster.com does not provide an account verification means nor opt-out means . This compliant is an effort to bring about awareness about this organization and their illegal activities.

6:10 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - fraud

Hmm no wonder they're called Monster. I would put the S at the end of this word.
They will be nice to you at first. Of course, they want to get your money and will do anything for that. But once you paid, forget about them. They will simply disappear. And when you need their help you will never find them.
I have never experienced anything like this. They have the worst customer service among similar websites and make you spend money on nothing.
Please, stay away.

5:53 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - selling your info to scammers

Posted my resume on Monster, and within 24 hours I started recieving fake calls from IRS scammers, found money scammers, police official scammers, realestate rent to own scammers. These people have no right to sell your information to the [censor] of the earth. To hell with monster.com a failing service that screws its users to pad the bottom line. Time to go back to Dice, Indeed, ZipRecruter and the rest who have taken over the market.

N
3:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear All, Monster.com or specially monstergulf.com is a fake job portal. Never pay them.they will not provide any service. They will tell you they have ready jobs not posted in the website but CV can be sent if you pay the service fee.actually there are no jobs.first they say USD 199 then they reduce to USD 149 like that. You will get calls from their...

1:12 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

hi I am an employer and was looking for an php developer. I have taken a paid service from monster earlier but got not much response. The service costed us 2300 Rs. Then when the service period got over after few days one of sales executive (Mr Mohan : 9030685868, [email protected] ) called us and was asking to retake the service. Even...

S
6:46 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - job offers

I got a fake call from a guy name Manoj Kumar Yadav saying that he's from monster.com and offered me a job in wipro, then asked me to deposit 2200rs as a registration fee to he's account and then took my interview in the name of wipro and said that I successfully cleared it and asked to deposit another 6200rs as a training fees in wipro on the same account.

The number from which I got calls are-

+919211905602

+917210434608 (Manoj Kumar Yadav)

Email Id- [email protected]

J
12:24 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - sales calls

Ever since I've posted my CV and created a profile on monster.com, I have been receiving more calls and sms on sales. Also, I have been receiving more insurance, financial planning and subscriptions promotion calls.

This site simply gives me a sick feeling that security is too loose or they are selling my profile and information/CV to other parties who then sell them off to 3rd parties for whatever purposes they need it for.

U
11:25 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - fraud interview call

Dear sir,
This is a complaint against fraud job consultancy named monster India On Dated 22-06-2015 I got a call from Mr Rahul Shrivastava ( mob no - 09313274748 & 09310846128 ) he said that he is from Monster India and their is a vacancy for you as your Profile is Selected in Company and you have to pay 2200 for Registration Process and after your payment conformation we will send you Interview Letter, i paid him Rs 2200 through NEFT then he called once again for asking to pay 7500 for Document Verification processs and i paid it once again he called me to pay rs 12000 for offer letter and Joining letter i was unable to get what is going on but he said me i m from monster india and i m not fraud so believe this is a process madam so i believe after paying him 12000 he asked me again to pay 18000 for signing bond i again got totally blank . and i refused to pay him and asked him to return my money back but he refused to pay it.

so till i paid him
12000

Total - 21700 Rs i have all the money transfer payment details, there mails details etc his bank detail: Account Name = Ovetech Solution Account No = 35730200000407 Ifsc Code = barboshahda Branch Name = sahahdra delhi

the money was transferred from Account Name = M.S Engineering Account No = 100304180000442 Ifsc Code = SVCB0015002 Branch Name = Digdoh nagpur Account type = current

Dear sir i belong to a poor family and anyhow i arranged this money
please help me get my money back to my account

Update by ulhas27
Jun 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Dear sir,
This is a complaint against fraud job consultancy named monster India On Dated 22-06-2015 I got a call from Mr Rahul Shrivastava ( mob no - [protected] & [protected] ) he said that he is from Monster India and their is a vacancy for you as your Profile is Selected in Company and you have to pay 2200 for Registration Process and after your payment conformation we will send you Interview Letter, i paid him Rs 2200 through NEFT then he called once again for asking to pay 7500 for Document Verification processs and i paid it once again he called me to pay rs 12000 for offer letter and Joining letter i was unable to get what is going on but he said me i m from monster india and i m not fraud so believe this is a process madam so i believe after paying him 12000 he asked me again to pay 18000 for signing bond i again got totally blank . and i refused to pay him and asked him to return my money back but he refused to pay it.

so till i paid him
12000

Total - 21700 Rs i have all the money transfer payment details, there mails details etc his bank detail: Account Name = Ovetech Solution Account No = [protected] Ifsc Code = barboshahda Branch Name = sahahdra delhi

the money was transferred from Account Name = M.S Engineering Account No = [protected] Ifsc Code = SVCB0015002 Branch Name = Digdoh nagpur Account type = current

Dear sir i belong to a poor family and anyhow i arranged this money
please help me get my money back to my account

View 0 more photos
R
12:49 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - salary

I would like a way to filter my job search by salary and qualifications. I have a B.A. and keep finding jobs for $10, 000 to $150, 000 per year. I'm not accepting a job for less than $30, 000 with benefits and bonus commissions or $40, 000 without and I don't have a masters so why am I even seeing these $150, 000/year minimum required masters offers?

3:52 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - product purchased

I had purchased a resume preparation package product based on the sales pitch through telephone. After the purchase I realised that the quality of the resume was very poor. Inspite of 3 drafts being received it was no where near to the quality which was promised to me on the phone. The pricing would have been far lower if I had purchased the product in Indian rupees. Instead, they convinced me to purchase in USD as it was supposed to be a superior quality product. I realised that they just do not have the quality personnel who can understand the aspects of my job to prepare a good quality resume as promised to me while selling this product. I have sent several emails but there has been no response as regards refund or to provide a quality resume.

1 comment
Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I can't get my $ back! They charged me $199.75 ( $39.95 for 5 months). I'm a small business owner and have always believed I was resourceful and reasonably intelligent but I did not see this coming ! I never used their form, never expected a monthly charge. This Company is very good, #1 when it comes to rip-offs !
Any advice to get my money back ?

1:35 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - stale data is spam and misleading

When I receive email from monster.com that starts with the greeting: "Great news! We found new jobs that match your criteria" and I discover that once again the monster search engines have sent me jobs that I am NOT interested in, NOT in my field, or that I am NOT qualified for technically. These emails then could be considered spam and I would report them, block them and spread the word that monster is spamming.

7:05 pm

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - stay away

We are an advertising agency and we bought a 100 Job Slot contract with YAHOO HOTJOBS in December, 2010.
Now Monster bought HOTJOBS and merged the site into one- MONSTER.

My client does not want to use MONSTER
because it does not bring them the candidtes they desire.

I wrote/spoke with the Agency Relations Team at Monster and they ABSOLUTELY REFUSED TO DO ANYTHING...WOULD NOT CANCEL THE CONTRACT.

Now I didn't buy the contract with MONSTER, I bought it with HOTJOBS which no longer exists. Therefore the contract is NOT valid...

The Agency Relations Team has no interest in anything I say...they just want to go forward and keep the contract in place against my and my client's wishes...

HELP ME RESOLVE THIS...

I already understand that Monster is difficult to work with and this certainly proves the point.

C
7:01 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - they do not follow up or contact you if they are not getting money from you for website services

Awful site do not use it. Job listing are for wrong town or area where you do not live. Site hard to use or navagate. Does not let you post job info from your resume or contacts as you wish or in a list. They want money for any help the offer. They do not follow up or contact you if they are not getting money from you for website services. Not worth it.

8:41 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - monster has a great name but if their search and usability keeps getting compromised for ad dollars they will lose users

I have not used them in a few years but they used to be easy and fast and have a ton of jobs. Now i tried them again and the site is a mess. Their are ad pages that ask for information that look like job forms inserted between job search functions in a way that is not clear it is an ad.

The usability is off and the functions dont make sense. Monster has a great name but if their search and usability keeps getting compromised for ad dollars they will lose users.

It is is clear that their are too many people involved in the sites look and functions and their is no plan or guidelines on how things should work and be uniform in search usability.

D
7:28 am

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com - invoice before you get service

I try to post an advert on monster.com. As I try to fill in the details on jobs and other data, then it comes with a message about "Region" which means I cannot continue and complete the whole process. Try and call Monster.COm hotline and no one answer. Then have to go to Reeds.com. few days later, Monster.com called and ask I have not post, which I explain the problem. Then they still insist I pay for the post which was never done.

Unlike Reeds.com, where they charge you after a succesful post, Monster.com charge you upfront irrelevant of what happened. Despite explaining to several member of Monster.com team and explain my problem, it seems it like I am talking to a machine as they refuse to accept and now threaten to take legal action.

£113 is not a great deal of money, just I feel I am a "Sucker" if I pay.

1 comment
R
Mar 10, 2010 12:06 am

Monster.com

awful site do not use it. Job listing are for wrong town or area where you do not live. Site hard to use or navagate. Does not let you post job info from your resume or contacts as you wish or in a list. They want moeny for any help the offer. Not worth it.

Monster Worldwide / Monster.com contacts