Mirro Pressure CookerPoor & dangerous product & certainly no customer service!

Not quite 5 years ago I bought my wife a 12 Qt. Canner / Pressure Cooker with a 5 Yr. Warranty, that from the beginning never really worked well.

When it would seal, it was very good at its' job. But it took forever to stop leaking at the handle lock mechanism & then even though the full pressure was relieved, the lock mechanism wouldn't release so you could remove the lid!!!!! This year we made Tamales & it locked up again. After I finally got the lid off & the food out, I sat the pot on the kitchen counter & noticed that it "wobbled". The "Safety Plug" was still intact, the pot was never over heated and yet the bottom of the pot had a 1/2" outward "Bulge" to it causing it to "Rock" DANGEROUSLY!!!!!!! I talked to a Mirro Engineer who told me he wanted to see the pot as he had never seen this happen before. He said that as soon as they received the pot, they would send out a replacement. He had "Customer Service" call me and they had me send it to their "Returns Center". This cost us almost as much as the price of a new pot ($42.00)!!!!! At this point I have had for a week, UPS confirmation of delivery but no response from Mirro!!!!!!! Upon my calling them, I was told their "computers are down" a blatant LIE as I tried placing an order & they were happy to take my information & money!!!!!!!!

I next received an e-mail from them saying that it would take 6-9 weeks just to get around to determine by testing if this was a warranty problem IF they even decided to test it!!!!!! I think at this point I can only recommend that consumers buy another brand as Mirro has a POOR & DANGEROUS product & certainly NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices