MiniCreditReport.comFraud

I requested two credit reports for myself and my father early in October. According to my bank, Mini Credit Report set up a reoccuring fee. This was not authorized and is quite obviously happening to a lot of people. IT IS TIME TO TAKE ACTION. IF you are a victim of this please email me at jk.[protected]@yahoo.com. I need your name, date and amount of fraudulent charge from this organization. I am soon to be in contact with the largest law firm in the United States (Baker and McKenzie) and they will be filing a class-action lawsuit.

• Gu
    Guadalupe Nunez Dec 21, 2007

I recently requested a credit report back in october and since then i have been having reccurent charges in my credit card i am very upset i tried calling right know and there clsed but i will make sure i call them tomorrow or wensday.

• Je
    Jeannette Anderson Jan 18, 2008

I went online early this morning to look at my so-called "free credit report". I have been charged $25.95 on my credit card for this FREE service and I am furious! This charge on my card is still pending - can I authorize my credit card to refuse payment on this charge without getting my credit in trouble? The way their website is set up is very sneaky as they do not tell you up front that you are going to have to pay for this service. I called them at 1-866-365-8654 and was told basically, too bad, I clicked on it and viewed my report and now I have to pay.

• Gi
    Gigy.sam Jan 31, 2008

They are thugs. They also charged me $11.95. I am really furious

• Do
    Donald L. Harris Feb 03, 2008

This also happened to me, I did not see anything at the creditreport.com site stating that I would be charged. I will dispute the $11.95 charge on my credit card statement when I receive it.
    It sounds like a phone call to 866-365-8654 will only irritate me more.

Angela Paulson Feb 12, 2008

This happened to me also. I did not authorize mini credit report to take any funds out of my bank account. So far they have deducted $89.65 all together in charges. This is outrageous! I have called them three times and they promised to cancel the auto deduct. They did not follow through. Since it was still coming out of my account from last October, I finally had to close my account. What a nightmare. I agree to go after them and stop them from getting anyone else's money. I really don't think a phone call to 866-365-8654 will help anymore.

• Pa
    Pamela Feb 22, 2008

I did a credit report for a friend, thinking it was free. The next day I checked my bank statement online, come to find out I was charge $29.50 from MiniCreditReport.com

• Ad
    Adriana Tejada Feb 28, 2008

I requested a credit report for myself early in December. According to my bank, Mini Credit Report set up a reoccuring fee. This was not authorized and is quite obviously happening to a lot of people (according to the complains that I had read in the complaint board).

• Fr
    Francia Dejasu Mar 01, 2008

I never even got the first credit report and now I have this reoccurring payment. These people are unbelievable. I really hope there is a class action suit going forward.

• Ke
    kenneth w deberg Mar 07, 2008

I have 2 charges on my credit card for 29.95 on 2/01, and 2/19 and mini creditrptservices for 11.95 on 1/30 which I did not authorize to the very best of my knowledge.

• Na
    Natalie Mar 13, 2008

Try calling the number below to ask for unauthorized charges to be removed from your credit card. Ask for a supervisor in the USA!

You can always get a chargeback from your credit card company.

Re: Creditreport.com account contact their customer service department at 800.720.4420 or 818-407-4620 our office hours are Monday -Friday 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST, Saturdays 8:00 a.m. -4:00 pm and Sundays 8:00 a.m. -4:00 pm PST.

• Ly
    lyle fleming Mar 15, 2008

Ive been charged from this Scam artist and havent been able to get them to stop the 11.95 withdrawl. I want my hard earned cash returned.

• Ju
    judith black Mar 25, 2008

i did the mini credit report 1 time and have been billed 5 months now and havnt been able to call the company to make sure they stop taking money from my checking account, very dissatisfied big scam

• He
    Heather Mar 26, 2008

These people need to be stopped!!! We are all falling victim to these false advertisements. There are companies who give you what you want. I used a great one last year but of course this one sounded better so I thought I would try it. I expected 3 reports like the one I used last year and of course all I got was one combined report. Which used up all of my free reports for the year while I stared at one report with combined information which means diddly squat when you are trying to fight discrepancies on your report. I AM FURIOUS! I immediately called and cancelled! Like everyone else I got my credit card bill in with charges on it.

• Rh
    Rhonda Owen Mar 28, 2008

I wanted one report not several others. Why they keep charging me every week I don't know. I do not have the money to keep this up. They are a bunch of liars because they don't even give you the report.

• Da
    David Einspanjer Mar 30, 2008

Got charged for a credit report that I didn't approve or know how to use the site

• Do
    Donald Mansir Apr 05, 2008

Absolutely! The reoccuring fee was not noticed until it appeared on my credit card. It took some persuading to get the voice at the other end of the telephone line to finally cancel the so-called service.

• Mi
    MIchelle Radowich Apr 10, 2008

Ive found recurring charges from this website on my checking acct and i did not authorize them. I did get a free credit report a few months ago, but never once applied to have it keep charging me $11.95 a month. How do i go about removing this charge? Plz advise smb!

• Ba
    barbara mulllin Apr 17, 2008

I have been billed monthly for min credit report services at 11.95. (to my amex)...I NEVE R subscribed to service...and AMEX has waived but I have had not luck contacting minicredit for responseode

• Vi
    vicktor young Apr 22, 2008

please cancel my service

Angela Apr 23, 2008

I also signed up for a free credit report, and have been billed 2 months in a row- 12.95 each.

• Da
    David Einspanjer Apr 26, 2008

I don't even remember this site, rather alone, giving them free access to my bank account to withdraw money. I was wanting a one time free credit report.

• Er
    Ernie Blodgett May 01, 2008

I never ordered anything from these people, and for two months in a row now I have received a charge on my credit card. I don't know where they got it from - they are crooks. I am trying to call the CreditReport.com number listed above - I am on hold right now. I will report what happens.

joe hartwick May 02, 2008

I also have been charged by this company! i would gladly take part in a law suit against them please contact me with any info on a law suit!

• He
    Henry Gray May 02, 2008

Used one time and am charged 12.95 on a card which is never used online.

• Ka
    Karen May 04, 2008

The same thing happened to me last week. They sent me an email to look at my free credit report. I thought maybe I accidentally
    clicked on yes to continue receiving credit reports, so I emailed them immediately and told them I was not interested in receiving
    this "free" credit report. The very next morning I went online and checked my bank account. They had taken $29.95 out of it.
    I phoned them. They told me I could not get my money back but would credit $11.95 of the $29.95 back to me. They were very
    angry because I called them thieves. By the way this was MNI*Credit Report. They should not be allowed on the Internet. They are also on television advertisements advertising "free" credit reports. They are affiliated with several companies and they too,
    start taking money out of your account. It happened to me.

• Aa
    AARON BIERRIA May 06, 2008

Same thing happened to me that happened to everyone else. The sad part is that I never got to view anyting. Just charged

john lopez May 11, 2008

i obtained a free mine credit report from you and i canceled it the first day98b30

john lopez May 12, 2008

i canceled the credit report the same day or i would be charged so i canceled now i am being charged why? why?

• Pa
    Paul Paradiso May 18, 2008

On 5/18/08 Ichecked my bank account and noticed $12.95 deducted from my account. I called them and I was told I ordered this 12 days ago. I toold them I never ordered antthing from them and asked them how they got my bank card # since I know I never gave it to any credit reporit com. I told them I was calling my bank. I called them back and requested they e-mail me with the order I gave them. They said they won't do that. So I told them this is a Federal crime and you will be talking to the F.B.I.

• Ev
    Eva May 20, 2008

these people have been charging me $9.95 since Dec 2007 without my consent... I am super angry!!!

Jamie May 25, 2008

I have never even been on their website & asked for a crdit report, but somehow they are still charging me to my court ordered child support debit card. I just noticed yesturday that this has been going on since February of this year. $11.95 a month. When I called them, they had no record of my name & sounded like they were reading a script to me. They weren't listening to anything I was explaining & only transfered me to a voicemail service where I left a message.

• Ri
    rina Jun 04, 2008

I have been getting charged for 4 months now for 11.95 also. What do we do?

• Me
    Meachie Jun 10, 2008

I never ordered anything from this company and money was taken out of my account.

Jordan W Jul 02, 2008

Just called them, had no problems getting through.

As part of their terms and conditions, which you can read BEFORE signing up, it states that you are signing up to monthly credit monitoring which starts 30 days after singing up. Nothing "fraudulent" about that...

I informed them that I receive that from my bank, so I don't need that service. So I had them cancel that monthly monitoring, and I have my confirmation number, and my email confirming my cancellation. Pretty quick and painless to get it canceled.

Now if you have gone for multiple months with them charging your account, and you haven't been bothered by it enough to call them and cancel, then you really shouldn't complain. Just my 2 cents.

• Na
    nappy white Jul 14, 2008

Hopefully the class action lawsuit against this scam merchant will go forward. I had to cancel my card and call my bank to get a charge back. That's really the only thing that works. Calling the company will only put you in customer service Hell! Good luck everyone.

Mark S. Erickson Jul 15, 2008

Call 1-866-365-8654 and tell the ### at the other end you want to cancel the credit monitoring service, and then ask for a cancellation number. Hopefully that will stop the charges to your credit card. These services tell you idenity theft is at an all time high, which it's not. The company that's a classic example is LifeLock. The owner of the company had his idenity stolen when he plastered his social security number on the side of a truck. Scare tactics to get you to sign up for their worthless services.
    Good luck to all.

• Es
    Esther Sy Jul 30, 2008

Just like everybody else.. we have been a victim of this scam.. I sign up for a free credit report around April or May for my Mother I don't remember if I gave them my credit card number or not, but since then we have been charged $11.95 per month starting May 16, 2008...Yesterday, my husband and I just realized that neither of us authorized the recurring charge. I immediately called the 866 toll # to complain about the charge for Jun 16, 2008 (I didn't know that the charge started May 16, 2008). The supervisor I spoke to then told me that they will refund me the $11.95 and cancel our account. Today, I realized that the charge started May 16, 2008 and I called again to complain. I spoke to another supervisor who stated that the credit of $11.95 was for the July 16, 2008 charge and that we cannot get any refund for the May 16 and June 16 charge.. We are very upset and I was told that it was in the "fine print" to cancel prior to 30 day...I didn't realized that we were already charge for July 16, 2008 since we still don't have that credit card statement.. The account was under my mother's name but the credit card and email address is mine...

This sound like a bid scam going on if they can charge $11.95 per month.. So, if they can scam 1 million people that is 12 million dollars per month...

Can somebody tell us where or how to sign up for this class action lawsuit.

• Ke
    Ken Vavrousek Aug 02, 2008

Hi...I have 1 (one) charge on my credit card for $29.95 dated 7/26/08 which I did not authorized.I understand I was entitled to one free credit report just because I was curious to know. Please, refund my money.Ken Vavrousek

Mayra Aug 06, 2008

I am exactly in the same situation. The company we contacted was Credit Report.com. I just called to stop that unauthorized situation, they wanted to talk to my husband and instead of waiting for him to get in the line, they've rather to hang up the phone. That situation talks by itself.

• Mi
    michael Aug 07, 2008

I had the same problem, I just received my statement and had a charge for 12.95$ that I had no idea where it came from. I googled the number beneath the charge and came across this site stating its fraud activity. I immediately called my credit card company and had my entire account blocked and was issued a new card - it was the best advice the customer service rep offered to help stop further charges. And I also disputed the charge since I did not authorize the charge and she said it should be taken off once I receive/fill out the paperwork.

So my best advice is - contact your CC company and block your account and be issued a new card (all transactions are carried over). Although it might be a pain to update certain affliates attached to the prior card, it will be worth it to avoid this scam.

Hope this helps.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices