Mike Litman CoachingTook $6.500, Gave NOTHING

J

This guy talks a GREAT game. Promises so much. I was charged $6, 500. for the coaching program. After my credit card was charged twice!!! I never heard from Mike or his sleezyfast talking over promising brother again.

These people are con artists and thieves. He has all these hyped up calls. Call his office, it's a shell with no one there.

I have spoke to several people now who have been ripped off.

Ask him to put it in writing. I promise, he will GIVE YOU NOTHING.

He is going to Jail. THIEF!!!

More Mike Litman Coaching Complaints & Reviews

SharoninMena Oct 02, 2018

I paid Mike Litman $4, 000 in 2007 for coaching, after which, he "disappeared", never to be heard from again. I sure could use that money right now. To me, he is a total scam, based on my experience.

• Fo
    Former Coaching Customer May 21, 2014

Agree with most of the other comments. Mike Litman is a hack and his coaching program was a complete disaster. High price and close to zero value.. Stay away folks.

shurdell Apr 17, 2014

Well I am going to sign up for an offer but I must say I dont agree with the unsubscribe or be charged within...
    One should be able to run an honest business without putting people into a point where they hurt their credit rating as it does happen and one can never tell what the next moment may have to offer and lets face it, some people getting here is on their last ditch effort and cant afford extra charges or o/d

• De
    Debbie Cameron Feb 26, 2013

Is this a problem with Mike Litman, his brother or is he simply taking on too much work and not able to cope. From reading all these comments it is hard to know if Mike Litman is a scammer or just over promising?
    There is another site for Mike Litman called: http://mikelitmanscam.com
    Not sure how to get Mike to complete the work he is due to do.

• Su
    susanfudge Oct 01, 2012

Thanks for all the info minus some major spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors making some sentences hard to follow. My question to everyone is "why would you give anyone thousands of dollars or any money at all without checking him/her out first?"

• Ln
    lnperez83 Jul 02, 2012

I invested $2000 in a coach who was ok, but not very helpful in my needs. I have emailed several times to ask if I can work with someone who can meet my schedule and haven't heard a thing back. I'm going to need to call my bank to cancel the transaction, but more disappointing is that I believed in this.

AllieH Jun 25, 2012

Hi Mike,
    I purchased a $39 one time payment product from and received a message the payment failed. My bank reports it went through. I have sent a support ticket to both your support and the billing company. I hope to get access to the product as you have collected the funds. The ticket number with your support system is #700. I see from some of the responses here that you do get back to people and would like to be able to report a successful conclusion to our transaction here.

AllieH Jun 25, 2012

I just purchased a $39 onetime payment program with a lifetime membership subscription. After I entered my name, address and credit card info clicked purchase, the system said there was a payment failure and to contact my bank to have my CC unlocked and to try again. My bank informed me the payment went through. I've opened support tickets with the billing company and Mike Litman's support. I will report back on my experience and let you know how things go.

• Li
    lilldede Jun 19, 2012

I just spent $27.00 to receive a a download of some initial secrets for becoming a life coach...what really happened is it took me to a web page of Mike talking about purchasing his 10 CD seminar for $97.00...did I miss something?...Im stopping payment on this credit card as we speak...scam artist is putting it mildly!!! How come this guy isn't in jail already???

• Uz
    uzes Mar 07, 2012

Last November, I was offered via a video about Napoleon Hill and persuasion some recordings and 'transcripts', plus a bonus one-to-one consultation and two bonus videos.
    The recordings were telephone talks to some clients which had happened before, the 'transcripts' were illegible (a lot of gibberish, probably done with a voice-recognition software), some mp3 had no transcripts, while some transcripts were posted under the wrong recordings.
    I asked the help desk for the promised one-to-one consultation. From his cell-phone M. Litman asked me the question I wanted to discuss, and I didn't hear from him after that. I never saw the two promised bonus videos either. The link to the recordings was inactive well before the 90 days' trial. I requested a refund before the 90-day limit. Was told by Dan Van Sickle that the refund was being processed, it would take a few days. When my credit card statement arrived, no refund was posted. Contacted Van Sickle again who told me the refund had been processed. I checked with the credit card company today, more than three weeks after my request, still no refund posted.

• Ga
    Gary Webb Jan 07, 2012

I'm thankful that this site exists. I was going to enroll in Mike's program. After reading this long listing, I'm fairly sure that MIke himself may be trying to do well, but it appears that his organization has systemic problems that are prolonged and could have been resolved by now. He needs to reassess what's going on. He may be able to motivate and to focus the energies of people, but the structure and delivery of his programs are weak. The method of having people automatically being extended into payments they did not intend is common. If honesty is intended, this provision should be BOLDLY and REPEATEDLY included in the initial request forms. That way, busy people would notice it beforehand.

MAH777 Dec 28, 2011

Hey all,
    I have been doing business online for over four years now. In the beginning, I too fell prey to the quick, unfair, and truly uncalled for use of the terms "scam" and "scam artist" as I threw money at opportunity after opportunity and offer after offer. I wasted a lot more money and time than I care to admit. However, with time, I have come to realize that I was to blame EVERY SINGLE TIME. Read the fine print on everything you order. I'm sure you will find that you actually agreed to the so-called "unauthorized charges", you just never read the entire agreement. Also, upsells and added offers are part of doing business on the internet. It's called a funnel, deal with it. I would advice Mike and any other person doing any kind of selling to be careful to provide adequate customer service, I guess that part IS his fault. But, it all comes down to two things: decide ONE thing to focus on before purchasing ANY programs, and IMPLEMENT what you purchase. One more thing, they have these pre-paid CCs now. Get one, fill ONLY with the money you intend to use and then let the balance dwindle to zero. This way NO additional charges can be cleared, since there's no money in the account. NEVER use your actual CC account online. Best of luck to all of you, especially you, Mike!
    MAH

shua Aug 25, 2011

I did finally get a refund on my credit card, but only after several emails. So I am not sure what to make of this. I am also amazed at the fact that although they claim to offer support through an on-line support desk, the truth is that they NEVER respond to any support tickets, period. The whole process is extremely frustrating.
    It is absolutely the responsibility of the seller to make sure that unauthorized charges on credit cards do not occur.
    Other than all that, I did find the material to be fairly useful.

Alan Ross Aug 22, 2011

It seems that many people with something great to sell contract with fulfillment companies and marketing companies who don't share their integrity. The companies, as agreed by contract with the author or the inventor or business person, take over with the promise that the author (seller) will simply deposit a check with the proceeds of the sales each month. It is up to the sellers to take back control of their marketing and to insure that their customers are treated fairly and with respect, and to not put their heads in the sand and pretend it is not happening. Then we can see their true character.
    The use of the automatic renewal without notification is pure scam. Recently I spent $30 on a stop payment order at the bank to prevent a company from continuing to zing me for something I had discontinued eighteen months earlier. They had stopped the service, stopped billing me, then after nine months they suddenly reinstituted the monthly renewal and ignored my use of their automatic cancellation service. All this for a $7.95 per month charge from CallWave. I won't subscribe to anything which requires the use of an automatic renewal at the end of a trial period.

shua Jul 15, 2011

MIKE LITMAN made unauthorized use of my credit card after I made a purchase, and NO help is available on the HELP-DESK! They refuse to answer my emails.

THIS GUY IS a SCAM ARTIST. PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM EVER!!

• De
    deonne anderson Jun 15, 2011

I was really excited about Mike's coaching program. I rec'd an email from his company a little while ago and when I googled his name, this site is what I was given.

It would be beneficial if everyone would err on the side of caution and see what they can find out about these online offers. I have been burned twice, but never again!

Thank God for this site.

• Mo
    Motivated with integrity Apr 23, 2011

@kflan, I think we can all assume that your overall situation meant that you weren't financially prepared to pay for the coaching?

After reading all three pages of these posts I'd say there are major issues that remain unaddressed and that is a problem. although Mr Litman came on board top attempt to correct billing issues, he never never addressed the initial complaints regarding several thousands of dollars in coaching, only the ongoing credit card issues. Also, if this is such a problem, maybe it's not clear enough that every one will notice they will keep getting billed! He repeatedly asks people on here to email him rather than seek them out, which is what customer service is all about, you got my money, you work for me, period.

All this aside, don't waste your money on the Greatness CD, it's basically Mike Litman yelling at you (he calls it enthusiasm) and it's nearly impossible to listen to for the entire length of it as it gets so annoying, the point doesn't come across properly.

• Kf
    kflan Apr 19, 2011

"I came across Mike Litman's program and had the opportunity to speak with Mike's brother Brian at length about my suitability for the coaching. I had the money to invest however in response to Brian's questions and our discussion, Brian advised me that based on my background and overall situation that I probably should not invest in the program. His analysis of my situation and his comments made me realize that he was correct. I appreciate his professionalism and his willingness to be straight in his dealing with me". Kevin F.

• Re
    redbarron Apr 06, 2011

Thanks for this information. Brian is supposed to be the expert and their job is to prey on helpless people who have a desperate need, for their price. The previous statement could qualify for a business plan by many scam artist. The next time any person considers giving money after hearing a story that will solve their problem, remember you could be getting nothing for something (ie.your money). If the coach is capable of great magic that will rescue you and save your life, ask why they are not able to work their magic and the money will appear for them. They do work magic and get money but it is from YOU. YOU are their magic!

• Kd
    kdub1212 Mar 22, 2011

I spoke with Brian Litman today on the phone and was presented with an offer for the 6 month internet coaching plan from Mike Litman. Brian was very professional and no high pressure sales techniques were employed during our conversation. I'm currently enrolled in another program with Mike Litman and the customer service and program delivery in that program have been excellent to this point. So, it was based on that experience that I elected to enroll in Mike Litman's coaching program. I will continue to update my experiences in these programs with Mike Litman as I progress in the program.

NotTakenInByHype Feb 03, 2011

Don't buy the coaching program - they won't answer emails with anything other than a canned response. Sad, but not surprising. Most people are just out to make a buck, not a difference, and Mike Litman wants your buck, but not so much that he will answer questions directly.

• Oc
    OCPrettyWoman Feb 01, 2011

clbac - I have been ripped off by internet offers saying "ends today to save 90%" so i was cautious this time and googled Mike's name. I am new to being a coach and the program sounds good, however, I too am leary of being upsold.
    Mike - please confirm that the $77 deal you have going on with Steve will be all we need as a home study course to get a successful coaching program up and running. you can message me at [email protected]

• So
    S.O.L Jan 31, 2011

Mike Litman raped MY cat!!! Holy [censor] some body call Petshack and get them on the case!

• Cl
    clbac Jan 31, 2011

I am looking at the Fast-Track coaching program. The special offer, $97, ends today, January 31, 2011. Have any of you actually taken his coach training? Are you coaching or just trying to promote the program? I enrolled in another coach training that lasted a year but felt like I got ripped off because they wanted you to sign up to use their website in your coaching practice. Is this legitimate? Or are they going to try to upsell me with something else - like a year of coaching for $1000. I am skeptical because it sounds too good to be true.

• Rc
    rcswave Jan 29, 2011

I purchase a LOT of stuff on line. Some of the programs I've signed up for I've never even opened. That is MY fault not the seller's fault. Lack of results is typically MY not doing what I am told to do or following instructions. I always read carefully, no matter how long the sales page is, what I am signing up for before I provide payment information. It is called being a responsible adult. We are not children and I get very irritated reading about people who feel their own failure to pay attention is someone else's fault. This is why our individual rights are being legislated away every day - to protect the lazy and ignorant from themselves. Irks me. Mike seems kind enough to make allowances for this which speaks to his compassion and integrity.

Sandy3342 Jan 12, 2011

Mike Litman raped my cat!!!

• Ke
    keys4greatness Dec 07, 2010

Hi please can someone help me to get in touch with Mike or anyone from his office.This is because as a client to his coaching biz, I find myself left out without getting the success promised and I believe something can still be done to change things for the [email protected]

• Mo
    mohit1 Nov 21, 2010

hi mike,

I really want to start my own coaching institute.i m from india but i very frightened to get in this because i dont have much money and if i lost it i will not living.i require personal advice from u.my email id is [email protected]

regards
    mohit

• Mw
    M woodbridge Sep 04, 2010

Hello Mike,
    I understand from the above posts that you read this complaints/comments board
    Please understand that these sites would not exist if queries were dealt with quickly and correctly by you or your team.
    I shall not harp on save to say would you, or someone connected with your business, please read and respond to message #1550 on your helpdesk mail please
    Yours
    Martin Woodbridge

aMiamiconsumer Aug 27, 2010

Hi Mike,

I sent you an email reply with my phone number on 20 August 2010 15:54. Please look for it to give me a call. Thank you.

Mike Litman Aug 20, 2010

AMiamiconsumer,

I just sent you a direct message with my email address.

Connect with me and I'll give you a call.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

aMiamiconsumer Aug 20, 2010

Hi Mike, your sales person, who said he was a family friend, should have my contact information. Please check with him and call me.

When I had scheduled my appointment with you, I provided my phone. He called me on it, and said he would be setting up a phone call for your brother to call me about your premium packages. Is this individual still working with you?

I know you work less than an hour a day per your webinar today (screen capture attached), but perhaps you can spare some time to check with the people you work with?

Comments

Mike Litman Aug 02, 2010

Amiamiconsumer,

I just sent you an email through the system with my personal email address to connect.

Thanks...

aMiamiconsumer Aug 02, 2010

Mike Litman has serious issues with any coaching program that he might have originally developed that could have had value. In seeking a quick and easy buck through diluting his services and trying to scoop off charges from "free" materials like his FREE CD that costs $7.95 for shipping.

I signed up for a 1/2 hour trial coaching with Mike Litman. 30 minutes prior to our scheduled time, a family friend of his called the number I'd provided for my coaching trial with a "pre-screening" sales pitch. The guy I talked to wanted to sell me "premium" packages of $5-8 K, $8-12 K, and $12-15K." Basically the coaching was going to be with Mike's brother, Brian Litman. "Student" of the coaching could expect to learn how to use blogging and video to build bigger lists. You can get this information free from a couple of online webinars from sites like Hubspot. I asked the guy on the call to follow up with a meeting with Brian, and never was contacted again. Guess when I told their high pressure sales closing hype guy that I didn't take his word that Brian was an amazing guru, they realized they didn't have another easy scam target on the line.

Sorry, Mike, you should be checking how you're marketing yourself. You give coaching, an honorable career, a bad name.

Comments

• Ro
    Roger Audy Jul 31, 2010

When I received an email from Mike Litman about being set up in a coaching business
    the first thing I did was a google search and found this complaints board. Reading
    all of these negative comments convinced me not to deal with this guy. However after
    getting another email from him I was intrigued. I sent him back an email and said that
    with all the complaints I've been reading I was very hesitant to do any business with him.
    I fully expected him to just delete my email and that I would never hear from him again.
    To my surprise he wrote right back and gave me his cell phone number and told me to
    call. Well I didn't, but a week or so later I wrote another email again expressing my
    negative impressions about him. He wrote right back and asked when he could call me.

We had a great conversation about my goals and whether or not coaching was a good
    fit for me. He is a very positive guy and the more I talked to him the more I came to
    realize that I really wanted to get started with this. He didn't give me any big sales
    pitch he just told me what he could offer me and what he would expect from me. I
    received some motivational stuff and some training DVDs. Also, he set me up with a
    great coach !!

Now it's only been a couple of weeks but so far I have no complaints. In just a couple
    of sessions my coach has helped me come up with some great ideas. I'll soon have a
    website up and running and I'll be working on some information products and start
    marketing. What more can you ask for ? I'm getting information, coaching, inspiration,
    website, help with marketing. The rest is up to me.

Anyway, that's been my experience with Mike so far. How many other people who are
    as successful and busy as this guy is gives you his cell phone number and tells you to
    call if you have a question ? And calls you right back when you leave a message.
    Have you noticed that he responds to the complaints posted here ? Who else does that ?

Also, remember, this IS a "complaints " board ! How many positive comments to you
    expect to read here ? My guess is that all the people with great experiences with Mike
    are too busy being successful to write something on a board such as this.

Roger Audy

Mike Litman Jun 23, 2010

Binod,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

• Bi
    Binod Maliel Jun 12, 2010

Hi All,

I have had interactions with Mike Litman for a couple of years now. My experience is that he has great passion in helping others. And definitely like anyone in business, he is also in it to make profits.

I had joined his TotalCoach program on a trial basis, and found it was good. However since I personally found it too expensive, I opted out of the monthly continuity program. I was not hit with any charges after that.

Most online internet marketers have continuity programs, where they do mention about ongoing monthly charges. Sometimes they probably need communicate this much more loudly and clearly so that many complaints such as these could have been avoided.

It is important for us as customers to read the sales page clearly to understand if there are going to be monthly charges, and to WRITE IN TO THEM that we want to opt out so that they will not charge again.

In my experience, I find Mike a person of integrity and not a conman.

I wish him the best.

Binod Maliel

Mike Litman Jun 01, 2010

Anuj,

Yes, that is one of my programs.

I'm going to message you my personal email address.

Any questions, please ask.

Mike Litman Jun 01, 2010

Anul,

I respect whatever decision you make about my programs.

As I've said many times here, no company is perfect, we haven't been, though we work everyday to make our company better and better.

My programs have helped the lives of thousands of people. I think it's unfortunate that you've read a few complaints on a 'complaints board' and you make your decision not to see how my programs can help you. I respect your decision though.

Here's a free download of my 'Greatness Held Hostage' CD. I hope it helps you and I wish you all the best.

Anuj k Jun 01, 2010

Someone from Mike's organization or Mike himself - Can you please certify the authenticity of your website "http://www.launchmycoachingbusiness.com/blueprint1.php", I have a similar passion but cannot trust the orgznization reading all these quotes, as said in my previous message, i was about to use my master card ... but an instinct told me to google mike litman, and I reached on this page ... help someone ... i need direction to help others - Ty - Anuj K ( India, New Delhi )