Mid-America Accounts Control Bureau, Inc.Repeat phone calls at off hour times.

This company started calling my wife initially at odd times on both week days and weekends. Almost every single time they called, it was after 17:00 which is after their office hours and are unable to be reached. After they called at 07:00 on a Sunday morning I got tired and tried calling them on my phone. I tried for several days to make contact. The one time I did finally manage to make contact with some lady named Melissa, she was extremely rude and had an attitude. She was unwilling to give me any information about what company she worked for, why they were calling my wife, and what the nature of their business was. I understand that they cannot give out information about accounts. We've all dealt with enough collection agencies to know the basic rules. This Melissa lady felt it necessary to completely stonewall me and decline to give out any information, again, after I identified myself several times as the husband of someone they had tried calling.

I admit this next step is extreme but that's just how I work when people call me or my wife on the phone repeatedly and then stonewall me when I return their calls. Anyway, I called the local police and filed a complaint and they were able to make contact and finally get the name of the company from the ever-willing-to-help Melissa. The cop that helped us also managed to get the name of one of the suits that work there but, hard to believe, has been unable to be reached.

As an aside, they added my cell phone number to their call list for whatever it is they are trying to access. So now, they auto dial my phone as well as my wife's phone . . . after hours . . . unable to be reached.

CherylH994 Dec 12, 2016

Experian contacted them twice about inaccuracies on my credit bureau report. Mid-America kept returning the disputes as accurate. So, I called them. They said that people call them everyday saying they paid their account. If "we verified them, we'd never get anything else done." So, if Mid-America puts something on your credit report, they seem to think it shall stay there forever because they say they "NEVER VERIFY" anything on a dispute or if their information is accurate. They refused to call the original creditor. They refused to verify the accuracy of their reporting or information. Very hateful on the phone. THESE kinds of collection agencies is why everyone hates them so much. Won't even verify the information from a formal dispute!