Merchant Tech SolutionsDeceptive Practices

This company is marketing a nebulous "tech support" package. There is no confirmation of having subscribed. They just get your information from another company with whom they contract and have misleading "$20 off" coupons. The company who provides the credit card information, etc. may unwittingly (or not) be party to this deceptive Internet scam and locked into a contract. The person who purchases something as simple as memory for a computer may find several months later a charge of 49.95 on their bank statements -- with no clue as to having ordered a product which is apparently never delivered.

If this company were legitimate, they would send a confirmation email and describe the services which are being sold, but they do not. Unless one is vigilant and checks one's credit card or bank statemetns, months may go buy before the unwitting purchaser finds several charges of 49.95. Upon discovery, Merchant Tech Solutions may refund the money.

We were the victims of this company's deceptive practices. We are waiting for a refund, but had I not called to find out, they could have scammed hundreds of dollars without ever knowing that we were being charged for a service we have never even known about, let alone never would have ordered since we do tech support ourselves.

More Merchant Tech Solutions Complaints & Reviews

• De
    Debbie Miller Aug 14, 2009

Luckily, Merchant Tech Solutions did in fact refund all of the money after the phone calls, for which we are grateful, but it was an ordeal to find charges on our card which we knew nothing about, and for which we had received no services, nor even notification that we might have ordered such services.

• Cc
    CCCD Clan Mar 01, 2013

I am going through this now. Years of it- Originally listed as Discover Netwrok settlement so we assumed it was our credit cards batching out. Just a few months ago it switched- Same day, Same Charge but turned to UMG Merchant tech. They did not have our correct #, they did not have our correct name, but they had our correct bank account - which I have no idea. After several attempts I called Discover who connected us and told me to ask to hear the recording. I asked to hear recording and they do not have one. They offered full refund. I am praying we get it. They seemed very non chalant about it all as if nothing. I asked how? How without correct business name, last name or even a correct first name. How do they do this. I sure hope we get it!