Mansions at Turkey Creek โ€” Mold, bed bugs, infestation of roaches, and promises unfulfilled

Firstly, many tenants have had mold problems. The complex blamed it on Ike and the flood it caused. Well, that's only part of the problem. Mold, bed bugs, roaches, and horrible construction have been a huge problem since the beginning. We were some of the first people to move in here, and they promised that they would provide security 24-7. Well, many cars have been broken into, and more than one tenant has left because of the lack of security.

Kids run around as though they have no parents or guardians. Early on, there was a refreshment vending machine, but someone broke it open to steal the money out of it. That was quickly moved, and has not been replaced. The so-called volleyball court is a hilarious joke. It's a bunch of dirt, with 2 poles and no net. The theater plays a movie every week. That's one film per week. Usually the movies are aimed at kids, and calling it a theater(on their website they even misspell the word theatre)is another lie. It wasn't ready when we moved in, and that was one of the selling points.

Every weekend, drug deals occur in a manner that can be described as conspicuous or even flagrant. It's not a gated community(anyone can get in by waiting for another car to enter, and just follow that car to go through the gate.) The gate doesn't shut if a car is near it, and many people have figured out that loophole.

Also their handymen and exterminators are quite inept, and usually are not able to fix the problem. Every oven vent in this complex has no exit to the outside. Their touted self-cleaning ovens considered one of the many home amenities will cause all of your fire alarms to go off in 5 to 8 minutes. Sometimes boiling water(which is a brownish-gray color due to pressure in the water the manager claims)will set off your alarms. So not only is the oven vent against code, it's a chaotic nuisance. And you will have noise complaints every time you cook something or even boil tea, because the fire alarms are quite loud.

When you complain about the mold, and prove that you have health problems, they will procrastinate while telling you a bunch of stuff you want to hear. Do not let this happen, because they are hoping you'll just move or forget all the problems.

After being promised another apartment, it was then said we'd have to wait at least 6 months. More than one lawsuit has been brought against them, and more will follow. The carpet is horribly thin, and they do promise to get you new carpet after you sign your new lease, but never do it. The doors and windows are poorly sealed(plus the mold)which led to paint flaking off. The built-in computer desk that has has no slide-out keyboard shelf or space to put the speakers. It is also in a room that is more apt to be made into a dining room. Plus there is no ceiling fan in that room!

So in conclusion, do not move to these apartments. You will immediately regret it, and I barely mentioned all the roaches that will plague you or the bed mites that are impervious to anything less than all new furniture and spending 400 dollars a room to get them killed. I also didn't mention how you have to go through AT&T to get your phone connected, DSL internet, and satellite t.v. even. You will not be eligible for any of their deals, and enjoy spending at least 80 bucks on the phone and internet than another 60-113 on cable with movie stations. We spend 213 dollars a month basically.

• Cf
    Cflo812 Feb 06, 2017

I have lived in building 8 fir 2 years, recently there was a shooting and a bullet is STILL lodge in my outside wall. There has been some sort of rodent inside the wall for the last YEAR...orkin has came several times and done NOTHING. Since i live on the 1st floor, during cold times you can hear it running and thimping so loud it sounds like it is INSIDE. I even recorded it and took it to the office, nothing has been done. The office has changed managers at LEAST 5 times in the last year! The people that are in there now (nikki and cynthia) are SO RUDE. Every time you turn around there are notes in your doors saying policies have changed. The maintenance men suck (except Tony..he is GREAT), cars are constantly getting towed for the wrong reasons. They keep changing parking policies and the residents STILL have nowhere to park! You can not get internet...at&t is the ONLY people that service the area and they are upgrading. So if you didnt have internet before...you are stuck out. The computer room that residents SHOULD be able to use are NEVER fixed. I was told flat out that I couldnt use it after i saw cynthia in there! She said it didnt work...but she was JUST using it...LIAR! The cable company they use (access media) is a JOKE. They charge you for everything. We were with dish before we moved and had 2 boxes which worked for 4 rooms, upon moving we were told we couldnt get dish and had to go through them...mind you they are a 3rd party to dish! Their receivers only work for 1 room and they charge you for each 1...a rip off. My microwave didnt work for THREE weeks...and when i complained i was told "ok well you have to wait" We are in the process of moving, i was told i HAD to resign my lease 60 DAYS AHEAD or i would be charged...nikki also said that if i was moving i had to give 60 days notice...it used to be 30! We are in the process of moving this month. The rent is going up and the apartments are going to hell! Do not move here!

Mansionsreview Jul 18, 2016

I moved in April 2016, and I haven't experienced anything near what the above users are describing. The remote location of the Mansions of Turkey Creek promotes a tranquil peaceful environment. I have never heard any gun shots or have I observed any broken doors!! Perhaps the above disgruntled tenants are disturbed by management's zero tolerance for misconduct. Disturbances of any kind are promptly addressed and rectified in a swift no-nonsense manner. Lack of rent after 3 days for instance, can result in eviction proceedings. A Caucasian resident invited a meth-user to stay with him. The residents complained and the resident's lease was not renewed.

The management responds promptly and swiftly to all my concerns and complaints. My apartment was in pristine conditions with new carpet, beautifully painted expensive two-toned walls, gorgeous new floors, beautiful appliances upon move in. The playground is cleaned everyday, and the cops respond promptly to issues. I have never heard a car being broken into, and the kids only really play on the weekend. No place is perfect, and I think since this is a tax credit property you may deal with a lot of people who feel "entitled" to things. I completely love it here, I think it's a blessing and I thankful to God I don't have bad karma like the previous reviewers.

What on
    I have never heard not one single gun shot, I barely hear neighbors exiting or arriving. The application process is very lengthy and admissions is extremely difficult. Qualifying applicants Any misconduct is promptly addressed and effects including termination of one's lease. and I think the above users have bad karma that may follow them wherever they p prevents many crimes from occurring. The tax credit status ensues the The gates were broken, but are now fixed. I have not seen any broken doors, I have never heard of gun shots on top the building, nor has anyone that I know

• Keeping it real at any cost Jun 05, 2016

As a resident im very frustrated i have live here 3 years so far and i as far me have seen the broken doors that the office no far a fact that someone that lives on the property is doing this i have heard the gun shoots om top of seenimg a building with bullet hold and bullets still in the wall followed by a trail of blood i have seen and heard the broken in ๐Ÿš™ and the flooding to i will not be renewing my lease i will not no longer let my ๐Ÿ‘ถ play outside ๐Ÿ†š the mess us play ground loudly neighbor and the messed up part there are at least 4 ๐Ÿ‘ฎ that live on the property and they dont reapond to none of the problem i wish it could be a class act law suit against this company as i read over the reviews and look at the date's its a shame that the law don't state that any home are apartments should have a way to give information and the complex are neighborhood about serious crime such as shooting and burglary and they may give you the opportunity to decide to i wanna live here are die here instead of taking ppl taking and maybe crime can began to get better are worst this ### right here is for the bird's. Im to grwon to be living in fear

chunota Sep 10, 2012

I was a tenant at this apartment complex for about one year, until I was robbed at gun point. Was walking to my apartment when a black guy came from behind with a gun demanding all my belongings. Management was extremely uncooperative. I had to leave the apartment one month in advance leaving my last month rent and security deposit, which management refused to reimbursed. And to top it off, the manager, Melissa, was extremely rude. I wish this place goes down the toilet along with all the staff that works there. They are very unprofessional and rude. Don't stay there. You will regret it every minute of it, trust me.

Read more: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TX-Houston-Mansions-at-Turkey-Creek-Apartments-1510868.html#ixzz266sZAJoP

By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Boardโ€™s Terms and Conditions