[Resolved] Makro22 day old tv taken for service 5 weeks later still no response

M Review updated:

I bought a LG television from Makro on 3 January 2009. On 25 January 2009, I switched my tv on and the screen went green then would not switch back on. I took the tv back to Makro Centurion for repairs, they refuse to exchange it even though it was only 22 days old. They took it in for servicing and said it takes 2-6weeks and they would contact me to inform me of the tv's problem and status. Five and a half weeks later with no repsonse from them I went back to Makro only to find out that they had no feedback whatsoever on the status of the tv. Makro has had this tv for a longer period than I have since I bought it. They keep promising to give me feedback within 24hours but I have still not heard from them. I am appauled by this service and I am sure that there are more customers out there who have experienced the same treatment from Makro.

RESOLVED

• Makro Online's response · Sep 03, 2019

Greetings,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and the delayed response. Please advise if this matter has been resolved so that if not, we can offer you further assistance in this regard.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
    Makro Complaints Board Team

ChristieStrydom Aug 14, 2018

On 16 July 2018 I bought a box of Simba Lays 125g (Carib/Onion & Bal flavor) at Macro in Alberton. The box is suppose to contain 20 packets, but upon opening it at home, I found that there were only 19 packets.

• Th
    Thomas Swift Aug 15, 2018

Client number, 16000735
    On this Friday 6 July 2018, at 12:30, we were at the store, 9 tills were open and later after complaining it became 10 and remained 10. We waited for about 40 minutes in the que, the que had more than 100 people waiting. Is this how you treat your customers? If this is the case, then in future we will shop elsewhere.

• Dr
    Dries Neethling Aug 15, 2018

We ordered a Item online(MAK893380), accepted the order and paid on 03/07/18. On 6/7/18 my wife phoned Makro to confirm the order. This was done and the person confirmed we will be contacted for delivery. Order was suddenly cancelled due to system error via email. Since then no feedback and now it is with legal according to Shane from Online.

• Nd
    Ndzalama Aug 20, 2018

They should not underpay employees who qualify for a higher salary and stop putting in white people only in high positions! Makro should not be unfair. We understand that a company is capable of hiring a client who is more qualified for a certain position but if clients are underpay... This matter should result in clients involving legal actions.

Jaqueline Van der Walt Aug 20, 2018

My husband took his computer in for repairs to Polokwane. The tech told him he does not have enough data to carry on with his laptop today he can only do it tomorrow. How is it possible that Makro can't have enough data. Do you not know about WIFI?

Very poor service.

Can I please have feedback.

Jaqueline van der Walt
    [email protected]

• As
    [email protected] Aug 20, 2018

Broke twice and was refused a refund I spoke to the service advises but they were no help and even the manager did not want to help very poor service I will not recommend this store to anyone .The staff nèeds to be trained on how to deal with customérs and resolve queries.

• Br
    BrandonG125 Sep 02, 2018

I placed an order MAK472795 (22/11/2017) and I am still waiting on delivery.

I spoke to a makro staff member that assured me that delivery will take place today but up to now no one has contacted me.

I call and have been kept on the telephone for more than 10mins.

Poor service

• Ti
    Tiaan Smit Sep 05, 2018

Ordered television on 25 August. Said would receive by Friday in CT. Found out today TV was couriered to JHB this morning instead of delivered to me in CT. Now have to wait another week. Poor service, this after I phoned yesterday to follow up and call centre said they would expedite it. 0765037445 Tiaan Smit

• Ce
    Cedricti Sep 18, 2018

I bought 3x SD.cards. when I put 1x SD.card in my tab, it says ( blank card.) The other 2x SD.cards works well. I include my delivery note as proof of purchase. Can you please replace this faulty card for me?
    Awaiting your reply, many thanks
    Mr.CT.Dreyer

Chantelstas Oct 21, 2018

We are traders buying from makro liquor each week. We are buying for 3 outlets
    We pay the delivery fee and place the order as requested.
    Every week our order is late delivered WITHOUT any communications from staff or rep. If we phone them our phone calls are ignored.
    Please give feedback we are thinking of taking our business elsewhere

• Ni
    Nicholl F Oct 21, 2018

Makro online does not deliver Items bought nor a Refund.

The have my money for a month now and no one is able to assist you.

They kept the screen an MY MONEY!!!

NEVER BUY AT MAKRO ONLINE OR INSTORE. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

• Ko
    Koekoes Oct 22, 2018

I am still awaiting for Brenda from amanzimtoti branch to phone me back im not typing my complaint after several phone calls to makro regarding my problem.

Regarding a camping stretcher

Sandra

Saeedadm Nov 12, 2018

Purchased the hisense on the 27th of Feb 2017. Fridge stopped working 2nd day of use. Phoned customer service on the 1st march was told a technician would come through . It's now the 8th of March and no one has come to check the fridge or nor have I received a call from anyone. Does it really take that long for a technician to. It's almost a week.

• Al
    Alwyn Botha May 19, 2020

Makro online order placed on 17 April for printer and 4 cartridges. Printer delivers, but only 2 of the 4 cartridges have been delivered. No response or solution available from Makro

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices