MakeBelieve RagdollsDodgy breeder

I received a kitten from Deb Corrado, and though she is an absolute sweetheart, she did come to me with fleas and ear mites. This breeder releases kittens as young as 8 weeks (most good breeders don't let their kittens go before 12 weeks), and is inconsistent in the date my kitten was born on. She initially told me she was born on April 27, then on her shot record sheet her DOB is April 23, and on her TICA paperwork it's listed as April 21. So now I'm not certain which date is accurate.

Deb appears to have produced a lot of beautiful cats with good personalities. But she seems to have cut some corners in her kitten care.

Dodgy breeder

More MakeBelieve Ragdolls Complaints & Reviews

• Nz
    Nzingha Jun 26, 2013

I am currently filing her under the Better Business Bureau, she had me pay a deposit and around the time I was to receive the kitten she stopped all communication.

• Bu
    bunnyhunny Mar 12, 2015

This person seems reasonable but none of this jives at all with my experience with Deb or with her kittens. I've a number

of her cats and they came to me freshly washed, clean ears and certainly no fleas or lice at all. In fact, she talked to me

extensively at both our meetings and noted that not only does she wash her kittens with dawn but also pre-applies

advantage topical which is highly effective. As far as age of rehoming, the idea that 12 wks is somehow better than 8

wks is fallacy from the start; no health basis and no temperament basis. Fact is often kittens adjust best at 8-10 wks,

pups also, that is why that became the accepted standard across the country! Regardless I got one of my kittens at 9

wks and the other at 10 wks and there was never any pressure to meet earlier to rehome; she met when I could make the

trip and I appreciated that. On that note, she was pleasure to meet and greet, we had fun and I learned a bunch, she

definitely does know her stuff! Again, none of these complaints make any sense to me based on my experiences, except

the part about her breeding cattery having, 'produced a lot of beautiful cats with good personalities.' Mine are wonderful

and I'm glad went to Deb for my rags!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices