Los Angeles Metro busrude driver

B Review updated:

I am so tire to see so many rude bus driver complaints. Is there a way to do something? If we can not teach the bus driver a lesson then they are still going to do the same thing. What can we do?

charm58 May 04, 2010

Something must definitely be done about bus driver's unsafe driving habits. I understand that at times they may have to be a little more aggressive since they are driving a bigger vehicle and have time schedules to follow, but they are very dangerous. They put the safety of other drivers as well as their passenger's safety at risk. I live in Downtown LA and most of the bus drivers there will not only overtly cut you off, but at times they will actually just run you off the lane you in. Just because they signal they are merging into the lane your in doesn't mean that its okay for them just to proceed into your lane. This is ridiculous! All buses should have a number to contact to report unsafe drivers.

• Mu
    muffinboy Dec 06, 2011

I am a little upset over the suppose "park and ride" situation. They claimed to be free parking and they are not. I was at Universal and North Hollywood stations this morning and they all had those neon green signs that read "permit parking only" and no other free space available. When did this happen and when were they going to let everyone know. I ended up driving all of the way downtown and parking there.

• Li
    Li Lawson Mar 09, 2014

[email protected]:35pm while on bus 7197:driver 25016
    Watched a a passenger'a walker fell on my knees .i stated I wanted to fill out an accident report
    And he ignored me so I told him I would file in am.
    Li Lawson

• Mi
    Michael pate Nov 12, 2014

Hi Metro, just a comment actually the wilshire buses like the 720 is always extremely crowded in the morning school kids going into Santa Monica. Know they have to get to school but really maybe they should have their own fleet of buses picking them up. You really need to try to handle the suituation on wilshire a little better it's horrible at times. Their use to be a 920 bus that had about 7 or 8 stops that went to Santa Monica they should bring that the bus back that would help.

• Ia
    Ian Dean Nov 11, 2015

There is a problem with the mentality of threatening people with a fine if they Dont have enough for fare. Sometimes people just don't have all of it. I had 1.25 to my name and needed to take the bus to go help someone so I could earn some extra cash. I didn't try to skip my fare, I simply didn't have enough. I was then criticised by the driver for not having enough as if I enjoy being so low on funds I have to haggle for a bus ride and handed a brochure informing me how affordable the bus is when for ME it wasn't. Shaming people for being broke in this economy is WRONG.

• Da
    David Drum Jan 10, 2016

This Sunday morning (1/10) I waited for the 181 bus at the stop on Yosemite and La Roda, at about 11:15 a.m. I was sitting on the bench reading a book, looked up and waved the bus down, but the driver whizzed right past me at a high rate of speed without making any effort to stop. This is the only bus that comes down Yosemite and I don't believe the driver thought I was waiting for a different bus.

• Da
    Damienth14 May 12, 2016

This afternoon, I was riding the 111 or 312 around 12:00 PM going towards LAX, the same bus that had issues with his machine accepting change. When he came to my stop i decided to stand and hold on and waited till he came to a complete stop, because of the way he was driving. There were a couple of young men getting off ahead of me, so i had to wait behind them for my turn. apparently he wasn't paying attention and started closing the door almost trapping me between the door, so i yelled for him to open the door. That;s when he became verbally abusive. and told me to get off the bus i move too slow. I'm a 63 year old Veteran and can only move so fast. i told him i was going to report him and he started to take off his seat belt as if he wanted to fight and said try it!! He put is belt back on and yell again try it. i told him i will report him and that's what i'm doing. i want to hear from someone ASAP!

• Ra
    raibman May 21, 2018

I am a 72 year old man who is unable to drive due to a medical condition. So I have been taking bus #733 to downtown LA from Venice.
    The bus drivers are generally friendly and helpful. But today I was running to catch the bus at Olympic & Main to get to a doctor's appointment. I got off the pavement and was within 10 feet of the bus waving to the driver. He just swerved around me and took off! He is a young African American who is extremely rude to paying passengers and drives dangerously fast. It is as if there is no supervision and no consequence to the driver for being rude and disrespectful.
    I think the city dept. of transportation should re-train the drivers to be courteous to passengers and train them to stop for passengers who are desperately trying to catch the bus to get to their appointments on time. Shame on you Metro!

Jaci Boyd Sep 13, 2019

This morning I witnessed Metro line 788 Bus #1614 literally cut off 2 lanes of traffic at 8:07 this morning at Sepulveda and Oxnard. He was within inches of slamming into an innocent driver. To make matters worse he sped down Oxnard at a rate a speed that a bus should not travel and then to top things off, ran a red light at Oxnard and Van Nuys!!!

The city really needs to crack down on this type of behavior from their drivers. It's dangerous!!!