Longwood Industries Car SalesScam on auto sale listings

Longwood Industries Car Sales - www.longwoodautos.com

This group sees your auto listing on Craig's List or somewhere similar, and they offer to sell it for you with a moneyback guarantee. (See other similar complaints on this web site). They then make it impossible to get your moneyback. Part of the fraud is that they never tell you about the "requirements" for the guarantee until after they have your money. Then they just make up new requirements as they go along.

More Longwood Industries Car Sales Complaints & Reviews

• P9
    p9y8n7 May 03, 2013

My boss listed a couple of her vehicles with AMS, and we followed all the details to the letter to get back our refund. The staff we speak with are always very professional. However, we've been told that there was an "administrative transition" at the beginning of the year, and that's why we haven't received our refund. We've also been told that there was a glitch in the system and it was refunding twice what it was supposed to, and that is why we didn't receive our refund yet. Every time we call, we're told to call back in two weeks. When I asked to speak with someone in management, I was told that they aren't able to put me through. They can send an email to the manager, but that's the best they can offer. So far, they've sent two on our behalf. We're still waiting four and a half months after they received our notarized request for refund. I would say DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. Based on what we've experienced, they are not holding up their end of the contract. Disappointing, but I like the suggestion to use your credit card company to get the money back. Will be trying that one.

• Jw
    jw43 Oct 12, 2012

"Beware" If you list your vehicle on Craig list, you will probably receive a call from them. (Auto Marketing System, Longwood Industries and other alias's). They will claim they have customers looking for the exact car you have listed and even in the same price range. Once they receive your money, you won't hear from them again. I never received one call on my car. I listed with them August of 12012. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the FTC. Don't let you or your friends get caught up in this scam. Pass the word.

• Jw
    jw43 Oct 12, 2012

Beware, this business is a scam. If you list a vehicle on Craig list, you will probably receive a call from one of their ### sales people. They will tell you they have a list of people looking for your exact vehicle in the same price range that you have it listed. Once they get your money, don't expect to hear from them again. I turned my case over to my credit card company. Results pending. In the mean time, don't get sucked in to there line of B.S.

• Be
    Bear969 Jun 19, 2012

I just received a call from Matt Carter, called and got Debbie...both were nice.They pulled my number from Kijjiji offered the $199 guarantee or the $99 dollar deal with no guarantee.Funny they guaranteed to sell my boat for my asking price, no quibbles as long asit is what I say it is and it is.After review I found this sight and makes me wonder.If all they do is target other advertising websites to get your info what work are they doing?They are violating the rules of the website(s) in question (Crags List, Kijiji, uy and sell etc) so you have to question their ethics.If they can guaratee a buyer then charge the buyer or charge you once the sale is complete and put it in writing.So Mr. I will provide you a qualified buyer and on completion of the transaction you will pay us $99.00 sounds fair! Plus the fact that we are roughly 5000 miles apart I find it hard to see how they are in touch with our market...just saying!

• Yo
    yourfriend frank Jan 25, 2012

people have you noticed that most adds on Craigslist ...when advertising their vehicle . one no emails will be answered . two when they have a phone number they will use numbers and letters IE... for instance take this fictitious number 543-five five five-43twoone
    it will keep the bot from acquiring it and them calling you .
    good luck to all but i surly will not use their services . Craigslist works just fine for me as i have sold many items on there with no help .

• Th
    thomasfrommi Dec 19, 2011

Hello Paul Russel of AMS, I have an email from your customer service confirming that I am entitled to a refund and all the necessary steps on my part have been fulfilled. It has been 4 months, and I still do not have my refund, All I get is a runaround from your phone people complaining they are shorthanded and running behind and on and on and that I'll get my money on 30 days, then 30 business days, then 3-4 more weeks, then just a couple more weeks.
    HELLO OUT THERE EVERYONE< THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT USE THEM. I HAVE A DISPUTE GOING WITH MY CC COMPANY> I HOPE I GET MY MONEY BACK SOMEDAY!

• At
    aterr Aug 18, 2011

Sorry I dont know what happened to my letter I didn't put ;#39; in there, just look past that you will get what I mean.Thanks I hope this helps. :)

• At
    aterr Aug 18, 2011

I read all the notes here by everyone I think I'm going to sell this car on my own.I don't have a $100.00 dollars to waste on something that may or not be legit.The thing I'm not hearing is anyone saying my car was sold.I feel that no one should ever give their Visa or Mastercard to anyone they know nothing about specially someone over the phone and thats in a different country.I hope you all follow your first instinct because usually its the right one.If you have any doubt always investigate first.I know some of us are desperate to sell our vehicles for what ever reason but sometimes waiting is alot better than jumping into something that can cause you to still have to wait to get your vehicle sold and be out the money.Plus the stress of trying to get your money back from these companys.When in the end its taking the time you need away from selling your vehicle in the first place.Also The thing that stuck out for me is the guarantee to sell your vehicle, then why are so many people wanting their money back, to me they didn't keep up to their end of the bargin by getting your vehicle sold.If theres a guarantee to sell your vehicle then there should be no 90 day money back guarantee for not selling your vehicle, that you have to jump through hoops for lol that strikes me as strange.That then is not a guarantee so why take the chance and give them money.Guarantees are put in place to make people comfortable to buy or give their money.The only real guarantee is we will all die one day lol sorry but its true.Like that old saying if something is to good to be true it usually is.In the end If they are legit or not it seems more of a headache.I hope what I said will make you think.Goodluck everyone selling your vehicles I hope it all works out and I get my vehicle sold too.I guess I'm going to have to do it the old fashion way. :)

• Gb
    gbishop Jun 21, 2011

I just recived a phone call today from Matt telling me AMS had intrested buyers in my car. When I called them they explained to me that people sign up with them to find a car for them. They told me that they had four intrested buyers in my car. They then explained about the $149 fee for this service. Now, my concerns with this is simply, if you are helping people find cars for them to buy, and you contact me then why do I have to pay you, seems to me your already getting paid for this transaction. Also when I went to there website I could not find anywhere for a buyer to click to sign up for there service, so how do you have so many costumers wanting to by cars when they have no where to actually sign up. They also never asked me anything really about the car (as far as options) before guaranteeing me the price. This whole thing just seems extreamly shady and I think I'll just stick to craigslist.

• Io
    iowa101 Jun 07, 2011

if they were reputable they would at most only require you to make a phone call to get your money refunded.. i tried one of those auto warranty companies awhile back and thier models are the same as ive read on longwood inc, They dont disclose all info til your signed up dont answer your calls or are rude to you when they do .. use bully techniques to get you on or keeep you on, and then make you jump some hard assed, nearly impossible hoops to get your refund .. i almost signed up but thought better of it when i thought back on the auto warranty i did sign up for..

• Db
    Dbrid May 13, 2011

I am a security consultant and a private investigator. I am also a person who listed my vehicle on Crag's list and received a call from Longwood Inc.
    Matt called several times and offered to sell my truck for $200.00. I had to laugh because I have read some of the rebuttal comments from someone at
    Longwood Inc. The argument was; "Would a company that was out to scam you join the BBB?" Yes! Let me explain to you why?
    The more legitimate the company sounds, the easier it is to get you to believe it is legit, so the easier it will be to get you to relieve you of your money!
    "Would a company that is going to scam you bother to answer your complaints on these types of complaint boards? Yes!
    Again to hide would end their ability to scam you, to not refute your claims of scam would allow those you believe all or most people are good - honest people and "all people should be given a chance, until they prove you wrong!" To those of you who really want to believe in humanity and the goodness
    of all people; please understand that any company, and really thing about this in regards to your bank, dry cleaner, phone/cell provider, etc. "will never require that you pay money up front prior to providing service to you! If you don't believe me, review any government scam checklist, money required up will always equal scam! One more thing. I review every company or person I do business with; it might be my profession, but it has served me and any friend, client or family member who have ever "had a strange feeling" and asked me to check someone out very well. And, any company that has as many complaints as Longwood Inc. have on every major website I checked, has to be a scam! A couple of complaints, and 1/4 to 3/4th ratio, maybe they "might" be legit? But not what I am seeing about Longwood Inc. There is no possible way that they are legit, period!

• Dk
    DKHonda Apr 22, 2011

I got a call from Matt Carter this morning (8:48am - someone should tell them to wait until at least 9am) after posting my car on Craigs List a day ago. After reading all these posts, I called back Matt Carter to let him know that I am on the Do Not Call List. Their reputation is controversial at best and I am not interested in the service. When I called - I wanted to speak to a real person - I waited on hold for over 6 minutes. Sasha finally answered - I tried to tell her the reason for my call but she interrupted me constantly. I was calling to ask them to take me off their call list - now and in the future. Sasha continued to interrupt me throughout the call - excessively - wow! I could not even get one sentence through without an interruption. I finally did get my message out - take me off their call list - period. She said it was done. I also encouraged Sasha to get some training on "LISTENING" - (even as she kept interrupting) I hope she listens to our call, counts the number of times she interrupted me (I lost count) and uses the call to improve her phone skills.

• Se
    sergio7777 Apr 20, 2011

Oh and by the Way Turko Got me My Money Back $220 to my account Today He gets their wheels turning and the co was AMS. Goodluck..

• Se
    sergio7777 Apr 20, 2011

I had the same problems with this company and I went to the news media in san diego calif. I called on Michael Turko KUSI chanel 9/51 .the Turko Files and he got my money back within 1 week and they were Rude to him. well I have been waiting for this for 7 months. I also filed a complaint with the online Better Business Bureau.

Sergio

• Kb
    kb77 Mar 09, 2011

I too was contacted by an AMS representative with promises of selling my car for a great price and that they already had buyers lined up for it. All I had to do was pay $149 (non-refundable) and my car would be sold most likely within 2 weeks, based on the number of interested parties they had. The only lead I got that potentially could have come from their service was a garbled voicemail from a buyer that I could barely discern. I called the person back, left them a vm and of course never heard back from them. I ended up selling my car on my own via Craigslist and have kissed my $$ goodbye. I wish I had done my homework before signing up with them. I'm a sucker for falling for their pitch. Please don't let it happen to you!

notgonnatakeitanymore Dec 03, 2010

Like the others, I got a call after posting my HD on Craigslist. I was told the same jargon, but one big difference. I was told the fee of $149 was refundable minus a $29 service fee. A few days later I received a receipt that said my $149 package was non-refundable, the $249 was the refundable one (w/the $29 fee). I called to find out about the difference and was told there was none, they had our conversation recorded. I told her to give me a charge-back because I don't have memory loss. She said she would have her supervisor give me a call, none received. I gave them my credit card number on 11/26 (Fri). I called my credit card company today and they flagged the transaction. After it goes through I can protest the charge and they will investigate. I'm 100% sure I will get a charge-back.

• Su
    sunman1101 Oct 13, 2010

Ok all you negative people, here's the deal most of you are negative about life in general and listen to everything somebody else tells you. They economy says that it is bad out here because unemployment is 12% but they don't encourage anyone because they want to keep you all on the down side of life, so the truth is get a life . If there is only a 12 % unemployment rate WOW it means that God has given the other 88% of the people a job or two jobs or even three jobs as is the case. Or for some of us that are unemployed by a specific company we choose to be self employed, so bottom line have a little Faith in what God can do and maybe, just maybe you may get the better end of a deal once in a while. This is just my thought. I will trust that even if I don't sell it in my timing that God will send the perfect buyer and pay the price that is is listed for or even close to it. I posted it on craigs list and yet no one has made the effort to call and inquire as to can I come and look at it or that they are interested in it. I have had it also sitting at a friends used car lot and did not get any hits there either, so if all you negative Timothys or doubting thomas' want to buy it or know someone that does don't waist the time to try and sway everyone from posting or list with this company. You are the kind of people that are to lazy to try something or make big money yourself so stay BROKE.

• Ph
    Phil Lesh Dead Sep 14, 2010

It's rather amusing reading the responses from Paul with Auto Marketing Systems. I have never done business with them and would not be caught dead giving these grifters my credit card information. Before doing business with this company, ask yourself some questions- How many other companies ask you to have a refund request put in writing and notarized? I can think of exactly ZERO. There is no reason for it other than to create extra hops the consumer must jump though (which they will likely not follow up on) so AMS can keep your money.

It's a shame that people like this walk away with the hard earned money of gullible honest consumers.

• Tr
    Trac-B Sep 11, 2010

I agree with a lot of you. AMS is so smart that they make it pretty difficult to get a refund. First, you have to have made sure you uploaded pictures to your ad, then wait 90 days. If your vehicle doesn't sell, you have to get the refund form NOTARIZED, then mail it back within the 10 day window. How crazy is that, they only give you 10 days.
    I used their system, and did not receive 1 call for my ad, not even 1 call or email. RIDICULOUS! I am waiting for my refund. It has been over 30 days, but I called and they said that I fulfilled all the requirements and my refund is "in process" of being refunded. We will see what happens. I am never using them again. Tell your friends not to use them either, I find that word of mouth is a terrific way to recommend or NOT recommend a company. Besides, I wouldn't want my friends or family to lose money either.

johnnymac142829 Aug 27, 2010

i am looking to possibly use this company to sale my motorcycle! does anyone or everyone recommend me to this company? is it a fraud or is it a good investment?

salesagent2010 Jul 14, 2010

Hello everyone, I’ve read all the posts and find the replies from Paul rather amusing. This would apply to the telephone numbers [protected], [protected], 877, 572-5714.

Paul, who is actually the owner of the company, Bryant Cass, sits in his office all day scouring sites like this pretending to be some low level employee. All of their companies have such bad Internet blogs that they must try and do damage control, which explains all his recent posts.

“Auto Marketing Systems” is also thebiglot.com, autohopper.com, et al and all owned by Adventis, Inc. based in Roanoke, Virginia. His other business partner, and brother, is Mason Cass. I would contend that Messrs. Cass do not like to be called and hung up on.
    Adventis does not “buy” leads at all – they simply have computers that pull numbers off the Internet, load them into their automated dialers and continuously call people all day long. Their business model is predicated on leaving a message because they know this type of service does not sell well cold calling. This explains why many of you get hung up on – the system hears you answer and then it disconnects.

The model of these clowns is simply – charge a fee, make a refund policy extremely difficult to follow and hope that a)Not many people apply for the refund and/or b)Make it difficult to “qualify”.

Let me again state that any notion that this company purchases leads is purely nonsensical and fraudulent advertising. Their website(s) get very little web traffic and they only consumers who shop on their website are customers that end up buying their service – which amounts to not much web traffic.

Further, Adventis does not sell hardly any cars via their website. I would estimate that out of 1, 000 vehicles placed on their website less than 3 get sold due to their service. Adding to their poor sales record, Messrs Cass know nothing about car values, car selling trends, buying/selling or the used car market in general. They are counting on your naiveté– I hope this explanation keeps many more from becoming victims.

We all get emotional about selling our vehicle, but the best places to sell your vehicle these days remains AutoTrader (the highest trafficked website), eBaymotors, Cars.com and traditional print classifieds. You may also do better advertising your vehicle in a larger market, but rest assured, if you spend $200-$400 with Adventis you will not sell your vehicle due to their service.

I’m sorry Mason and Bryant Cass, but Adventis, Longwood and your methods of extorting money from the public must be made public knowledge.

-Your former #1 Sales Agent.

Bob Jul 01, 2010

That's good that they returned your money. Yes indeed, it is entirely shady that they only returned after you filed complaints, though. Hence all t the bad ratings about this company. They hope you will forget and give up instead of fighting for your money.

Their rates fluctuate all the time. One phone call it's 200, the next it's 400, then back down to 250 again.

Also, the complaint I filed with the Online Business Bureau still has gone nowhere. It's NOT a BBB accredited business, and you are correct, they DO have a C+ rating from the BBB. Which basically means STAY AWAY! It's a sham website put up to make bad companies look good. I've been doing some more digging, and that's the only thing I can come up with. My complaint went through as well, but no phone call, email, or any contact whatsoever in 3 weeks. The BBB will respond to you after they give the offending company two weeks to respond, even if it is only to tell you that they haven't responded. They also ask what you would like to do next.

Bottom line, anything affiliated with AMS or Longwood Inc. is shady to the core. STAY AWAY!

Jaime82abn Jun 30, 2010

Oh and one more thing that seems weird. The online business bureau has AMS rating as OBB Rating: Recommended! This merchant is a member in good standing with no outstanding complaints. While the BBB has it rated as a C!!! How is it that these two are completely different! I think that online business bureau is in on something too... But who knows! They did send me an email stating that the complaint went through, but when I checked online, they have posted that their were any complaints against them. Anyways, thanks for all the info, I really felt horrible because I thought I wouldn't be able to get my money back.

Jaime82abn Jun 30, 2010

Good news! They returned my money minus the 29 dollar processing fee. It took them a while, but it is sort of funny that it seems like they processed my return after I filed a complaint with the three websites Brett provided in the above post. This company does seem kind of fishy, but they returned most of my money. It's funny because I went on their page today and it seems like they have raised their prices! lol. I wonder why they did that?

• Bm
    BMA Jun 30, 2010

One more thing I have to add too. That Online Business Bureau that they claim to be a part of? I filed a complaint 3 weeks ago with those people, and still nothing. No phone call, email, or contact of any sort, yet the Online Business Bureau still says Longwood has no complaints against them. Yeah, definitely a shady site. I will be finding them here and making a complaint as well.

Jaime82abn Jun 30, 2010

Ok guys so I am back with bad news. After waiting two weeks instead of just the ten days, I called back to find out about my refund. What they told was totally different from the first time. This time they said that it was not processed, but that they would email their supervisor and get them to expedite my refund... I spoke to Melisa and she said her supervisor's name was Sydney. This time she said to give it until the end of the week and they would have my money back by then. I doubt this is going to happen. I will post again once I see what happens by the end of the week.

Bob Jun 15, 2010

Your first stop would be two places. First, the BBB website and the OBB website.

Give this a shot first. If nothing happens, then you would need to go to the FTC website and file a complaint there, after your attempt with the first two fail.

Hope that helps!

Jaime82abn Jun 15, 2010

Thanks for all the info. I unfortunately paid the 200 dollars, but I did submit the refund form. I haven't gotten my money back yet, but I am about to file a complaint to get it back. I am not sure where to go though. When I called the compay, they told me it would take about 50 days to process the rfund. It was about 40 days ago that I sent it up so they have about 10 days left. I will post again in about two weeks to see whether or not they have sent me my money.

Bob May 27, 2010

Thanks for your support on this. I'm the other one that was replying to all of Paul's comments. I assume you were on the 1-800 site after you looked the number up? I too, am so sick and tired of these [censor] companies that attempt to rip people off. Please keep spreading the word about this company, and don't forget to make complaints with the FTC and FCC on their respective websites regarding this company. If enough people complain, something will be done, rest assured.

• Re
    Received a a call today May 26, 2010

I was just contacted by Longwood Inc today, and could immediately tell it was a voice recording, coincidently from you guessed it: "Brad."

Anyways, I typed Longwood Inc into google, and here I am reading all these complaints. I was impressed however to see "Paul" defending the company, at first. I was 100% neutral coming into this investigation, because the truth is alot of people [censor] and moan about companies that are perfectly legit. Longwood Inc, in my opinion after reading and searching for myself, is NOT a legit company. It is a clever, very clever, seemingly "legal" even, way to take $199.00 from you and dissapear behind their phone lines never to be seen again.

Here's the real problem: From the very start they are operating illegally. FTC has passed a law making any "robocall" without prior express written consent illegal:

(http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/08/robocalls.shtm)

So when Longwood Inc grabs your number off craigslist or wherever and calls you, they are immediately acting illegally. There is your red flag, and there is where it should end. And if they call you further, you should absolutely take action to punish the company legally as I will be doing if my number is dialed again. The bottom line is if you receive a call from a voice recording offering you ANYTHING, never ever, ever, EVER give them any money period. That is why these complaint sites exist, because people were dumb enough to give money to some too good to be true voicemail, and now they are enraged that the "company" didn't hold up their end. Please people, get smart, get informed, and stop mindlessly throwing your money away.

Oh and one more thing, if you get an email telling you that you won a free cruise and you just need to pay 100 dollars... First of all wtf is a 100 dollar free cruise? is it free, or is it 100 dollars? and secondly... NO YOU DID NOT WIN A FREE 100 DOLLAR CRUISE. Does anyone get the point? !!

• Sh
    Shawn H Jan 08, 2010

After reading pages and pages and pages of this scam on the internet, I would like to say I'm sorry for all those people who are stuck with them. I fell into their trap, their telemarketing call got me, this was the first time I have not done research on something online that I paid for. I went with there $230 ad and then read about them, did research on the company and knew it was a scam. I called their support team about 5 times and the same person answered it on different days and different times. What does this mean? That they only have one support person in their what you call "company" They are registered as a non-profit organization and have resolved their 170+ BBB complaints trying to look good. They will trick you on the phone and tweak words around that are different from their terms of conditions on their website.

I called my creidt card company(Wellsfargo 3 times and they said they couldn't do anything) I then went into the bank and talked to them about it, filled out a form and it was processed, gave enough evidence about their scam process and I got my money back!!! Prayers were answered.

DO NOT GO WITH THESE GUYS - GET ON AUTOTRADER, CRAIGSLIST, KSL, LOCAL PAPER, EBAY etc.

• Li
    Lightnings girl Dec 10, 2009

I have a friend who was recently contacted by this longwood inc company and so I told here I would look into it for her. To paul I want to say that is if it was not a scam and you were not making so much money off from it you would not be on here so much defending it. I am definately going to let here see all the complaints on this and other sites. Also, if these were reputable and good companies they would come up right away when i type in the name into my search engine. I have been in and around the car business a very long time and never heard of your company in any kind of reputable stand point. Obviously you are scamming innocent and very naieve people such as my friend. I bet you can't look yourself in the eye, and have the liars twitch when you look at yourself in the mirror.

• Yo
    Yougotme Sep 22, 2009

I agree with the others who feel that AMS is not what they purport to be, and unfortunately can tell you from first-hand experience that they intentionally misrepresent themselves in their initial call to get you to sign up for their service. After some basic questions about the type of vehicle you are attempting to sell and the price at which you are selling said vehicle, they inform you that they have already identified an X amount of buyers in your area willing to purchase said vehicle at or above your asking price, and ask if you would be available that afternoon to field calls or e-mails from said prospective buyers. If that isn't enough enticement, they inform you that since your vehicle is one that is of such high demand, that they could expect to sell it at the asking price, or higher by week's end. Hell, they even raised the asking price from what I originally listed the car on another website. Needless to say, I have not received a call or e-mail from the so-called already identified buyers. When I attempted to call back the sales rep, Sheila at extension 106, who informed me that she would welcome my calls at anytime, I kept getting passed from rep to rep, one of which, Christa at extension 110, who blatantly refused to transfer me to Sheila's extension or provide a street address, and told me that since I was a active client did not have the ability to talk to her anymore, and another, Stephanie Tucker at extension 118, who told me that Sheila was out of the office for a couple days, but she was handling Sheila's calls. However, not to my satisfaction. Stephanie also would not provide a street address, informing that they were a call center, and it was for security reasons that she could not provide the address. I have no doubt that my message for Sheila left with Stephanie to call me upon her alleged return to the office on Thursday or Friday will not be honored. Oh yeah, as for Brad, the one from whom I origianlly received a call about the car I had for sale; he is also mysteriously unavailable each time I try to get intouch with him. Needless to say, should have known better. Do yourself a favor, do not return Brad's call.

• Pe
    peepers44 Sep 18, 2009

I agree with the complaint. They will use thw word garauntee and money back a hundred times just to get you signed up. Once you are signed up then you are stuck. They never contact you again. I was told that they would be able to sell my car within a couple of days because It was "sooo" popular, they even raised the price I was asking for. They gave me a "deal" of 99 buck instead of the normal 200. Just to tell me after a month and a half that the 99 dollar package wa a non refundable package. Which I was neveer told untill they ended up NOT selling my car and I called back pissed after 2 months. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SCAM!!! The reps were mean to me and hung up on me after they already had my money and there was nothing I could do. They say they have recordings of "only the terms and conditions" but no other part of the conversation so they can tell you all sorts of lies and BS that you will never have proof of. But they "supposedly" have proof of the "terms and conditions" which are never read to you. And if you ask them to play it back... THEY CAN'T.

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CRAP!!!

Bob Aug 27, 2009

My apologies, I forgot to post the link to this new law. Here you go, and it also tells you how to report companies that violate this new mandate.

Bob Aug 27, 2009

Interesting new law to take effect September 1st. NO telemarketer will be allowed to "robocall" you without express, prior, written consent. I think it's safe to say it won't take long for companies like to stop harassing us!! Thank you FTC!!!

• Ag
    AggrevatedbyScams Aug 03, 2009

I agree this is a scam. Seems 'Brad' calls everyone...he is a very busy boy.

Both of my numbers on the DO NOT CALL LIST.

I did not solicit a sales calls from this company and publicly posting my number in relations to a car sale does NOT make it OK to call my number that is on the DO NOT CALL LIST. I even specifically pre-posted in my ad that such calls would be unwelcome.

Wonder why the girl that got my call thought me rude? Heck they have been in business 27 years...and all...wonder if brad has been busy making outgoing calls for that long?

Basically this company has a bot setup to read new Craig's list ads, pull the phone number, and send a call...This is a relatively simple technology. I was called within an hour of posting my ad.

As for all your rebuttals Paul they are BS...you prey on people simple as that. You HOPE your perky call will dupe the customer into spending on something that is as useless as whispering your car is for sale to a dog. Until I got a call from "Brad" I had never ever heard of Longwood nor AMS...when I looked up "used cars" your "online sales" did not come up for more then 30 pages on ANY search engine. I got bored and stopped searching. I have worked in internet technology for years...I've seen way to many scams like this...

I sure hope I don't get another call or I'll be hitting the DO NOT CALL Complaints form...

Thanks for playing.

• Sk
    skip toumelou Jul 16, 2009

This paul guy is just trying to smooth over his lame/illegal telemarketing tactics. Here's how you get him: (i'm in the process of trying to make some lawsuit cash off of his stupid company-I've done it before)

Make sure you are registered on the do not call list: https://www.donotcall.gov/

Record every date/time of every call and every "unknown number". His autodialer will only leave a message, so let it go to voicemail and record the message. Keep these.

Call the number back and speak to a live person. Be polite and ask to be taken off of their company-specific call list and remind them you are on the do not call list. Get whatever info they will give you. (name, phone number, company name, address..) Record date/time of this phone call. Record phone call if possible. Do not lecture them, they know what kind of ### they are.

Wait for the next call. Let it go to voicemail again. Record and keep.

They are now operating illegally. You can:

A: File a complaint: https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2

B: File a complaint with your state's attorney general. (If you can google your way to here, you can find out how to do that)

C: File a personal lawsuit seeking damages. (my favorite) The telephone consumer protection act says that if they call you again they have to give you $500. (I'm not making this up, I have made 2500 so far, so can you - Here is the wording of the act: http://www.case.info/jmlsarchive/statutes/tcpa.html)

So... If enough people ding this [censored] for $500 (do what it takes, wait a month and post a fake car ad with the same phone number) he'll go find some other suckers to steal money from, but the ugly truth is that people are stupid and will keep sending him $200 for a service that craigslist already does better. With this in mind, make sure you file the ftc complaint, they have the real teeth and can levy the fines that will make him stop.

To you paul: Shut up you lying ### telemarketer. I'm coming for my $500. See you in court.

• Ty
    TYEDYEJEDI Jul 05, 2009

I keep receiving calls from this ### Brad (typical queer name) from Longwood. They got my number off craigslist where I was selling my car. They call from a unavailable number and leave messages saying they can help sell my car. If I wanted help selling my car I will ask for it. When you call the [protected], sure enough there is Brad (queer boy) on the messaging service. The funny thing is you cannot leave a message. Just queer boy running his mouth about Longwood. THIS IS A SCAM AND STAY AWAY FROM IT!

M&N Jun 04, 2009

To all,
    I have never posted add's on the internet. But in this economy, I elected to go this route in order to be more effecient and possibly get a quick sale. I have spoken with many satisfied customers of CraigsList and found it very easy to post my add. I was even more impressed that shortly and I mean very shortly after posting my add a phone call was received. It happened to be Longwood Ind., not being a person of distrust I did a quick browse on the net and found more negative than positive about Longwood. Also, it seemed odd that my posting was caught so quick and if an intelligent person would have read the add the would have called due to the fact that I was only asking 500 dollars below book value. The item I was selling is worth the money to me, but I am willing to take less and most would ask that before offering the suggested price. I don't really believe I will get what I am asking, but any good business deal works from the top down. As we all know the selling price does not generally go up during negotiation. If this is truly a company that prides itself in it's product and responsibilites to the consumer, some evaluation of you responsibilities to the consumer should be reviewed.

I'll stick with CraigList. No cost to the consumer, you can't beat that in this economy.