Long & FosterPoor performance-agent out of control

P Review updated:

We were glad to finally sell our home but the agent, was horrible in many respects like including things in the sale that were specifically excluded, telling us lies or half-truths and even suggesting we do something that was at worst illegal or at best unethical. Throughout this process we were often ignored and at one point the agent said "I am not listening to you" and " I am the boss". We were disrespected, yelled at and treated in a less than professional manner. Although I sent certified letters to the office manager in West Chester as well as to Brenda Shipplett the CEO in Fairfax VA, to relay our experience, I never received the courtesy of a response. So buyer beware!! They are better choices among real estate agencies than Long and Foster!! Run the other way!!

• Us
    user1878938 Jul 29, 2018

There needs to be a Negative 0 rating here to choose from. This company is a SCAM and something needs to be done about their lack of fulfilling THEIR end of the contract, and the customer service... lets just say i was foaming at the mouth by the end of the 6th phone call to these folks... On the advise of our realtor and mortgage company when we purchased our home on Valentines Day 2018, we took their words of advise and decided to go with Long & Foster home warranty as well as home insurance which is thru AGI (thru Long & Foster) because it was the company that the whole realtor/mortgage team uses. We also decided to pay extra and get the extended warranty to cover well and septic. Our air went out in May so we had to replace the outside unit as well as the air handler. The cost to have this done was $5200.00. They only said they would pay $2800.00!! I called to make the claim, temperatures were in the 80-90s (it was cooler outside than it was inside) explained the urgency that I had 4 kids and my 85 y.o. grandmother who is in a hospital bed upstairs and can't move without help. They told me it would be a "medical emergency" and would escalate the claim. Almost a week goes by of me calling every day, being told something different by all different people who had no clue what was going on, and then to finally be told 6 days later after my first call to them "Sorry but we don't have a service provider in your area". ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? Never once were we told when you took our money for the warranty and extended warranty, and we actually got a welcome pack from Long and Foster with everything that we paid for that was covered. They told us we would have to find our own provider so we did. (needless to say by day 8 we had air again. We should of been told immediately when i made the claim, no service provider, we could of had it fixed sooner) We paid the $5200 out of pocket because we had no choice. it was an emergency. Long and Foster pulled the ol' "Check is the Mail" scam. It took 6 weeks from the time i made the claim to the time we actually got the check. My husband was on the phone daily going back and forth about what they were going to pay which they did pay the full reimbursement. (again 6 weeks for a check is unacceptable in an "emergency". It gets worse...fast forward a month and a half, on a saturday, our well pump goes out, no water . (remind you we bought the extended warranty to specifically cover sewer and well.) Being told no one was in our service area, we found someone local to come out on that Monday and again paid out of pocket almost $1200.00. (2 days, no water, 85 y.o. grandma, 4 teenage kids) I was preparing meals with bottled water at this point. The plumber pulled the well pump that was 15 years old, replaced the pump, wiring, & hardware. New pump, new wiring, makes sense, why would you put 15 year old wiring on a new pump..right..??? WRONG by Long and Foster. Long and Foster now refuses to pay the claim and reimburse us because the plumber replaced the wires and says that means it was an electrical issue and our home warranty does not cover electrical!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY IF THEY HAD A GUN TO MY HEAD. SAVE YOUR SELF THE UNNECESSARY STRESS, TIME, PHONE CALLS, AND SANITY AND FIND ANOTHER COMPANY!! We are going to cancel this home warranty with them and find a new home owners insurance company. We are worried that if something happens to our home and have to go thru their underwriter AGI that we will have nothing but issues since we still have to go thru Long and Foster. I will be reporting this company to the BBB. This company is horrible and their non sense of screwing people over any way they can is totally unacceptable on so may levels.