Menu

M
Author of the complaint
2:42 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

November 2010 I went to ER due to being real sick and found out I had pneumonia and myocarditis. I was off work for a month and had no issues with Liberty Mutual. February 1st I was having chest pains, shortness of breathe, couldn’t get my legs warm and slept more than usual. Since I am still paying on the last trip to ER I called and was able to see my cardio doctor in 2 days. I waited mostly to save money and after seeing him he wrote me a note to not return to work till I had tests ran. I had a stress test, echo, EKG and labs. It took 3 1/2 weeks to schedule/ complete and when the test came back it showed my heart was fine. Now my employer would not let me return till I had doctor’s letter stating I was able to return to work. So when I returned Liberty Mutual denied my claim stating that my restrictions did not warrant not being at work. Of course the letter stated that my doctor did not return all needed info as requested. I am appealing this and I wonder if anyone had any suggestions etc… ? I am married with 3 kids and I am missing 3 checks which we can’t be without. I am lost, sad, frustrated and I don’t know what to do.

Helpful? 0 0
3 comments

I have been on short term disability since Feb of 2011 my knee started bothering me and i went to the dr he took me out of work till tests came back. They found i needed therapy and so forth well finally in april i had surgery on my knee and still unable to return to work yet. I have had nothing but problems with them im not getting my checks on time today i sit here and i am 3 weeks behind on my checks my needs inspected and my rent is due and i call them to talk to someone higher up and they refused to let me talk to anyone. They are blamming it on my dr for not reicieving my records but i know for a fact that my dr sent them to them i have proof. Also, When i need to talk to my case worker she is always on vacation or out of the office hmmm.. go figure. I told them they cant reach me until after 4 well they are closed around 4 or 5. so i told them i give permission for them to call my mom and give them the info they said they cant because i need to sign a written agreement or a verbal agreement. I said i just gave u verbal permission on the phone duh! Well she said that dont count. So anyways, this company is threw my work soo i have no choice but to go threw them. I am suppose to be relaxed and letting my knee heel but it can not heal propery if im under all this stress. I need some advice i was about to call BBB on them.

J
Sep 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Why are we offered short term disability when Liberty Mutual denies most of our claims? I have been battling two autoimmune diseases and Fibromyalgia for over two years and have finally come to the point where i cannot work any longer. They approved my first claim, but denied my second after i tried to go back to work and only worked two days. I'm out for the exact same thing as before, but to them i am not disabled. I have chronic low back pain, joint pain, headaches, neuropathy in limbs, face and head. I have debilitating fatigue. Their nurse has decided im not disabled enough to receive short term disability benefits. That's very funny because the law firm im dealing with says i have enough to file for social security disability. What gives them the right to make a decision without even seeing us? They receive our medical records and yet they believe they know more than a doctor. Where did they find these so called nurses?

R

yes, i have received short term disability and did all what they said for me to do and still they told me that i owed an overpayment. i don't think that i'm the only one to be blamed for this. I've turned over all the information they asked. Now liberty mutual is going to turn over my overpayment to a collection agency and ruin my credit. What can people do in this situation. They blame everybody else but them. Seems like they are perfect.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

167 complaints