Kappel Showline German ShepherdsFraudulent promises

B Review updated:

I bought puppy with a written guarantee stating if I didn't receive my akc papers within 6 to 8 weeks I would be refunded in full... 1850$ to be exact... Well it's been 16 weeks and nothing... And i've had vet bills upon vet bills trying to keep my puppy healthy... He had worms whenever I bought him... Now he got some allergies... Another vet bill..

More Kappel Showline German Shepherds Complaints & Reviews

• Li
    Livermoredivers Jun 20, 2021

We have been very pleased with not only the service and dog.Danny not only listened to what I was looking for but delivered exactly what we wanted for our family.
    We are so impressed that we will be traveling from California to Texas for our new female.
    I can be a little picky our family was breeding west German show lines for many years. I am impressed with the knowledge and Commitment that Danny and his team have

• Am
    Amer Hydro Nawaab Mirza May 25, 2021

I got my GSD from Kappel but I would not recommend anyone to buy from here. I am happy with my dog but it wasnt the best experience.

FortWorth LawnSrvc May 31, 2021

@Amer Hydro Nawaab Mirza What was your experience?

• Po
    PositiveGSD Dec 06, 2020

I got a puppy from Kappel Kennels earlier in 2020. I got my papers less than a week after taking my puppy home. The dog I got is both show and breed quality. We had an early hip/elbow scan and they looked great and are perfectly on track for getting his hip/elbow certifications. He's very healthy, absolutely beautiful and well mannered. Danny was very helpful and I can still go to him at anytime for advice or suggestions on my dog.

I got a beautiful show quality dog who also makes an amazing and protective pet. Danny is the most helpful breeder I've ever worked with. I hope that future customers can see that there's less than 5 unhappy people on this board vs the hundreds of happy repeating customers he's had over the years. If you're worried about receiving your papers please talk to Danny like I did, he was very informative on the whole process and we even filled out the request for my dogs AKC papers together. I had a very positive experience and was surprised to find this page. There will always be bad experiences for any business, and I hope that they're able to be resolved.

FortWorth LawnSrvc May 31, 2021

@PositiveGSD He transferred my puppy over to me before I left and received AKC envelope PDQ after that. The 5 unhappy might be the same woman.

• Ha
    Harish1710 Jul 23, 2020

Did you guys happen to get the papers? how are the puppies now?

• Kr
    Krissandra Enriquez Nov 04, 2018

Update. They have now changed there name to Texas Showline GSD. The address listed is a Real Estate office in Cleburne TX. owned by his mother and they are very careful not to show there faces in pictures. They are still under investigation with the Texas Attorney General for fraud.

• Kr
    Krissandra Enriquez Feb 12, 2017

Good luck ever getting your puppies AKC papers or the puppy being "show quality". I paid $1850.00 for a puppy I've never received papers on. She's 7 months old now and the Kappel's refuse to have any contact with me and yes I'm angry.

My puppy has generalized persistent mange which she came home with. I was told it was puppy battle wounds. She was infested with worms and she's cow hocked not something she will grow out of and she's not showable or should she be bred, even if I had papers, in any responsible breeding program.

On the worst note, German import is a very loose term. If the parents are from Former East German Bloodlines or polish lines. they are bred for Alpha dominance high Drive and high prey. They are not family pets. But I would not know since I've never seen her pedigree or her papers. Which is the case of our puppy.

I've spoken to both several board members with the GSDCA German Shepherd Dog Club of America as well as the AKC. They were VERY INFORMATIVE. You have no recourse with the AKC nor the GSDCA if your in my situation.

AKC puts it best...NO PAPERS NO PUPPY.

Don't be fooled.

Please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to show you my whole experience.

• Br
    Bryster Mar 13, 2017

@Krissandra Enriquez Please call me, I've ran into the same thing let's get these crooks

• Br
    Bryster Mar 13, 2017

@Bryster I'm gonna call you

• Ni
    Nicolah1122 Nov 18, 2017

@Krissandra Enriquez I wish I have seen this page way before I paid $2900 for a dog from Kappel's. The delivery date is almost here and I send messages after messages about the dog that I'm getting but have not received any reply from the Kappel. So I figured something's wrong and look up his name and found this. This is a scam!

FortWorth LawnSrvc Nov 03, 2020

@Bryster Bryster-- For some reason I just do not believe you. Are you a competitor like Carole Baskin to the Lion King/Joe Exotic? I do not believe you and even if Danny Kappel was a different guy a few years ago I know he would have made everything good with you. I have spoken to several people about you and everyone thinks you are 'un-hinged' not to mention that you might have been arrested for threatening Mr. Kappel's family. Yes, I do have a pup from Texas Show-line GSD and this pup is one magnificent puppy. Danny would do anything and everything to make it right with you. But there most likely never will be an issue because he cares so dang much about the puppies and dogs.