Kalahari Indoor Water Parkillness

H

My Wife, two kids and I spent the night there back on 2-16-09. We found the place dirty and never once seen a person test any of the water. With the days following the stay, all four of us began feeling ill with flu like symptoms. Our children got very ill with high fevers, sever vomiting and diarrhea. We thought it was the flu that was going around. After a few days of no eating and high fevers we went to the doctor. He said they had some kind of bacterial infection the their intestines not the common flu. Most likely from being around unclean conditions. Now we are the type of people that keep every thing spotless. So it wasn’t like it came from home. After telling the doctor about our trip he suggested it might have came from swallowing the water (which had gum, trash and I don’t know how many band aids I say in the wave pool). We also found the park to be way over crowded and people where rude.

Annemarie999 Aug 31, 2009

rubberbiscuit- perhaps your ignorant comment is sarcasm? I am genuinely concerned about the conditions at this park and it is a known fact that pools jammed over capacity, bodily fluids which I saw in the park (blood and vomit), and improperly maintained pools cause diarrhea.

• Ru
    rubberbiscuit Aug 24, 2009

Rude employees cause diarrhea, it's a known fact!

Annemarie999 Apr 20, 2009

We had the same experience. We went on 4/16/2009. I am so angry right now because my son and nephew are both being treated for bacterial infection. Both boys have flushed faces, nausea, and dizziness. Now my son seems to be allergic to his medicine and will have to start taking a new one. We only went for 5 hours but the whole Spring Break was a waste because of the kids getting sick. I saw a child get a bloody nose and the inner tube he was on was not cleaned off. A woman grabbed the inner tube 20 minutes later and was told by the lifeguard that she couldn't use it because there was blood on it. I don't understand why things aren't cleaned up immediately. The hot tub was disgusting with ### on the sides. No lifeguard or staff anywhere near the hot tub and way more people in it than posted capacity. The place seems to be an accident waiting to happen. Judging from the conditions that I saw, I am sure that many people get sick after visiting there.