Journeys Shoe Storetreatment of workers

K

Reasons-
-Will potentially not fully train you
-Will send you to manager your own store after a week and a half of training just to be a co manager (It's an eight week program)
-Will tell you something is ok to do then it turns out its against policy
-Fire you for not doing everything you were supposed to do even though you were never trained to do it
-Give you no hours as a part timer because the manager before didn't do a good enough job so you get blamed for it
-You quite and your check is MIA and no one knows where it is or what to do
-Will black list you with out giving you a real reason why
Journeys is a poor place to work, at least in Austin when the district manager is Brandon. This is not including other sister companies including Shii by Journeys and Journeys Kids.

Added onto this, I'm trying to get a job at Journeys Kids at a different mall, and Brandon is telling them not to hire me. I worked under hire for a week and he has never talked to me or met me.

Also my check is still MIA three weeks after I quit.

• Lc
    lcherry Mar 31, 2011

i totally agree! my dm was the same way, he approved me for a vacation and when i came back..no more job! and i was always being told to do this or dont do that even if before he was telling me to! he said i no called no showed after working there for over a year but i was approved for my vacation and never broke company policy then he put i quit when he really fired me.

• Ka
    Kayame Jul 13, 2010

It's supposed to say "Reason why Journeys is a horrible place to work"