Josef Silny and AssociatesDocuments not

A

HI I had my foreign degree evaluted by this company in 1994. I am a teacher by profession and needed to get certified. I called the compeny to get my evaluations mailed to the relevant bodies only to be told that they do not archive evaluations. I was very upset told them the cost is so minimal to store documents. They want to charge me another $130.00 for a new evaluation

• Pa
    pavlov24 Nov 21, 2008

Josef Silny and Associates is the worst company ever.
    Please DO not, in any case, use their services. They do not have any customer service. Extremely rude. After you pay the initial fee, your case will get lost forever. Won't be able to get in touch with anyone and if you do, they will treat you as crap.
    I have been waiting for over 2 months for a simple evaluation. Have contacted BBB and guess what? - I was not the only one...
    Bottom line: DO Not deal with a company that obviously do their business with principals far below the acceptable level of customer satisfaction.

Josef Silny Feb 04, 2009

I am the President of Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. Customer Relations is in fact our priority. The only reason an evaluation is not completed in 10 business days is if the client does not give us the required academic credentials or if we suspect that the academic credentials submitted to us are forged. Since the individual above did not state his or her name, I am not able to provide a specific response. However, we always respond to any complaints made to us or to the BBB, so if this individual complained to BBB, he or she received a written response.

Christian Feb 06, 2009

Josef Silny and Associates is frustrating and ripping off foreigners. I had my transcript evaluated in 2005 by the above company. I asked them to make me a new copy from an old copy I have so I can submit to my new employers and they declined. Their reason is that, they don't archive transcripts after three years. But, this is their own previous work. I wouldn't mind paying a fee for this but they want me to re-apply. My problem is that, my previous colleges are in Ghana and procedures are very bureaucratic. It may take about 2 months or more to get my scripts over here. That is bad practice. I hope people read this complaints before doing business with them.
    Thanks

• La
    Latoya Bedward Mar 04, 2009

My name is Latoya Bedward, i have submit on application to Josef silny college and by God help i hope to get though.

• Mv
    MVD1979 Jul 21, 2009

I have my credentials evaluated with Josef Silny and Associates, and I am satisfied with them. I have received prompt and correct service. They specify on their Terms that they only keep your records for 3 years, and to receive another copy of your evaluation costs only an extra $30.00 if I remember correctly. If you failed to read that, that is your problem.
    As for customer service, I actually had a lenghtly e-mail conversation with one of their representatives, and she was very curtoues and helpful. I even got the chance to talk to them over the phone, and had the same pleasant experience.
    As for storage of documents being cheap, think twice lady. Those documents will have to be insured, you'll have to have a flood and fire proof storage, and just imagine how many documents would pile up over the years.
    I think Josef Silny and Associates are very straightforward and reliable, furthermore, affordable.

• Co
    Concerned Intellectual Aug 11, 2009

Guys, this company (J.S. & A) is a disgrace to the credential evaluation profession. They are anti-foreign education and I will never advice anyone to use them. There is a connivance, I believe, between them and these licensing boards to just discriminate against foreign graduates. "Mr President" or whoever you call yourself, please do something about the image of your company among foreign intellectuals because the world is bigger than America.

Maybe instead of looking at how many years foreign students spend in college for their Bachelors degrees abroad, you should be looking into the pre-requisites for these colleges as well. Why should students waste time studying Chem I & II, Phy I & II etc in college when these courses could be taught at the Pre-college level. Are American students that dumb?

Could this be why NCEES, for instance, is proposing the Model Law because they have realised American colleges spend less time teaching the relevant professional level courses needed for success in Engineering professional practice; thus the need for an additional 30 credit hours of upper-level courses or Masters degree as part of the engineering licensure requirements?

Do your homework "Mr President" and save us the pain because we are fed up with your ignorance!

Josef Silny Sep 01, 2009

This is Josef Silny, President of Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. Our policy is to respond to any complaint we receive within 48 hours. The problem with this website is that there are no names given and therefore we cannot respond to any of these complaints. Our company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and our rating with them is A-.
    I was very appreciative of the comments of MVD 1979 who writes that he/she was satisfied with our services. We have approximately 2, 000 clients each month and we work very hard to provide the best customer service. However, as a reputable foreign credential evaluation service we have to provide accurate professional evaluations and not surprisingly some clients overestimate the value of their foreign education and are disappointed with their equivalencies. Any client who writes to us directly will receive a response. Any client posting comments on this website cannot get a response, because we do not have their names.

• Hp
    Hp30 Aug 18, 2018

@Josef Silny I lost my documents and everything after paying $200 for the service. My only option is to sue your company! I have lost everything. My name is Huma Paracha. You can check how many emails I sent to customer service.

• Er
    Eric Asare Nov 06, 2009

Yes, this company is a rip-off and NO one should do business with them. There are other companies out there who do very wonderful jobs and have stellar customer Service. I will in due course provide a transcript of my email communication between myself and an employee of the company on this site when i have researched the requiremenst of such disclosures in order not to infringe on any law. Suffice to say this employee did not care at all. All they were intersted in was keeping my money. I am an accountant by profession and had submitted my transcript from Ghana to be evaluated as part of CPA licensure requirement. The Company insisted that I had the transcriot mailed diretly from University of Ghana to them. It was going to take at least 2 months to get a transcript judging from my prior experience getting what I had sent them earlier ( transcripts acquired form Univ. of Ghana for grad school in the United Sates).
    After persistent effort to explain to them that the two months waiting period was beyong the time (two weeks) I had been given by Virginia Board of Accountancy to submit such an evaluation, I requested that my check and documents be returned so I could engage another comapny for the job. They told me my fee was not refundable and that I needed to send them a prepaid expedited envelope in order for them to send my document. This comapny has some balls!! They have money check which was cashed within two days of receipt, they cannot assist me with the evaluation because they dont have the required documents, and to get my documents back I needed to spend some more money in order for that to happen. Can anybody tell me this is ethical. This is thievery to the highest degree.
    I was told the website disclosed that the fee was not refundable... Yes big deal. How can you keep my money without providing any service? I am an accountant and an analogy to this would be taking a client fee for tax preparation service, realized the cleint does not have all the W2s and then turn around to keep the money but give the documents back without the client's fee. I have not earned that money. I have provided no service.
    Mr. President, what kind of company are you running? You boast of satisfied customers? Of course that is what it is supposed to be. You should be able to boast of each and everyone of your clients because one way or the other you assist them before they are satisfied. How can you treat somone like the way I was treated and then hide behind the excuse of complainant not providing names. My name is Eric Asare, Mr president. Can you review my file and post a response so everyone can read? I realised this a rather long post but I had to spill out all the details in order for everyone to judge and make an informed opinion on this. Good luck and may you strive to do good to all people because it shall be done unto thee whatsoever you do unto others.

• Mi
    miamigirl Nov 09, 2009

Worst company ever. do you know what they need? A REAL COMPETITOR and they'll be out of busness.

• Di
    Diana Borisova Jan 08, 2010

I sent my diploma to Josef Silny & Associates, and I was one of the many unfortunate people to be lied. I've got an accounting degree in my country but those people evaluated my degree as Women's Clothing Design.They made a fool of me in a really arrogant manner. Better they keep the prices higher but with quality job done than to make us stupid and our lives harder.At the end, all I got was two pieces of paper and my money were gone.Shame on them!!!

P.S.Unfortunatelly, the school refer them and suggest us to use the Josef Silny's service.

• Pa
    pavlov24 Feb 10, 2010

J&S is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are sooooooo horribly obnoxious, rude and incompetent.
    No customer service whatsoever. The meanest attitude ever...
    Mr. Silny,
    I have an advise for you- Just try calling and requesting info on "your" case . The front desk girls are so "polite" and "helpful". Please see it for yourself..
    And, Yes, I wanted to complain but was not given a chance, peaople, that you talk to on the phone, will never give you their names and will hung up on you, and Yes, I filed a complain with BBB.
    I just wonder how are they still in business...?
    Pls, do yourself a favor, and dont ever, ever deal with them.
    Have a great day

• Ha
    Hande Apr 06, 2010

I agree with all of you that this company is terrible! I tried calling them many many times to request information on my case and no one answered the phone. I left many voice messages and asked them to called me back, no one did, I emailed them did not get an answer. I kept sending them the same email until I got a response then they pretended they responded to my emails but I didnt receive them because they kicked back from the server! I received the rudest email from Mr Silny himself and when I emailed him to tell I will claim a complaint against his rude behavior this is exactly how he responded:

"It is your decision if you wish to complain and you can be sure that I will respond. I have your e-mail in which you accuse Mr. Laurenti of not responding to any of your e-mails, even though he responded to all of your e-mails. We have responded to every single e-mail you sent us and it a timely fashion to the same e-mails address. We have no control whether or not you receive our responses. I have saved all of the e-mails you sent to me and all of my responses, including the one in which I apologized for losing my patience.

Sincerely yours,

Josef Silny
    President"

Firstly, he clearly states that he lost his temper but it was OK because he apologized! Can you believe this?

Secondly, I swear to God I did not receive the emails he claimed his employee sent me. I sent him the same email once every week (a total of 3) until I received a response. I only received 1 email from Mr Silny in which he was almost scolding me for sending the same email multiple times. If I owned his company and received an email from one person 3 times I would give that person a call to see what the deal is, rather than assuming that person is a nutcase and he/she is sending the same email over and over again just for the hack of it!

Mr Silny needs to realize his clientele is highly educated people even though they got their degrees from other countries. He needs to take his business seriously, respect his clients, evaluate each degree in detail, and provide evaluation reports explaining the reasons of every decision they made. He seems to not realize this however he is affecting his clients business/academic lives. This is serious business!!!

Gosh I had a terrible experience with this company. I can keep writing for pages! I still keep every single email Mr. Silny sent me! I wish I had known a way to literally file a complaint about them. If anybody does, please let me know!!! The most terrible part is this company's contact info is provided in Florida Board of Professional Engineer's website! Our board basically recommending us to do business with this company! Please let me know if there is a way to file a complaint to the board as well!

• Td
    tdegrand Apr 14, 2010

Very disappointed their service, hope in the future nobody is going to use them any more. I requested my transcript evaluation from them, and they only sent a letter to the college, instead of my transcript evaluation. And I was waiting and waiting for the registrar office to put my courses and grades in the system, but no courses showed. then I went to the registrar office and found out they didn't received my transcript evaluation at all.

I requested the exactly same service before, and Josef Silny did an OK job for me, that is why I continue using them. The college I applied need my evaluation asap, so I contacted my evaluator, and request an over night mail to the college, she said I have to paid extra shipping fee for this.

Who made the mistake??????????????????????ME???????
    Why should I pay the shipping fee for the mistake you made?????????

BTW, they don't have customer service at all, the only thing they can tell you when you call is to contact your evaluator.

Mr. Josef President, if you have a customer service number, please let me know, and let all your clients know.

• Fu
    Fujiw Apr 28, 2010

I suggest you all to contact the universities and tell them to not Silny's services any more. I cause a bad experience to them and it can compromise Universities' reputation.

I will do the same once Silny's customer service proved me that their services are horrible.

• Ti
    tickedoffnurse Jul 12, 2010

I have just used this evaluation service and they have completely botched my evaluation!!!
    They refuse to fix it unless i PAY for a full report again...after THEIR mistake.
    Take your money elsewhere folks...i was even told by an official in my career field that they are known sharks and their practices are shaky. And after my experience i tend to agree

Oh and If you read this Mr Silny it is good business practice to allow your CUSTOMERS to actually talk to someone on the phone! I have rung several times and am NOT ALLOWED to talk to anyone!!! unheard of!!!

• Le
    LetTruthTriumph Jul 24, 2010

I found this discussion while searching for info on which foreign credentials evaluation service, if any, is actually professional, competent, and trustworthy. I have already been burned by one of these NACES / NAFSA member companies. Membership in these associations is supposed to be a stamp of quality, but - so far - complaints abound, and also so far none of these companies will give me an insight into their norms or standards. While most reputable businesses will let you know what you will get before you buy it, these companies won't give you the time of day before they have their nonrefundable money, then produce an absurd evaluation and brush you off if you ask for a correction. I understand universities, employers, government agencies, and certification boards when they don't want to deal with highly heterogeneous paperwork from different countries, but they should pick their evaluators more carefully. So far, I had hopes for Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. (JSA), since it is indeed BBB accredited and has an A- BBB rating at the moment of this writing. Having read the comments here, and having had difficulty reaching JSA by phone, I now wonder.

Mr. Josef Silny, President of Josef Silny & Associates, one way of demonstrating professionalism is transparency in one's norms and standards, so how about you lead by example and tell us, for example, the kind of U.S. equivalency as which your company would evaluate - say - 123 undergraduate semester hours with exit exams and degree conferred?

• Pe
    pereira fernandez Aug 04, 2010

My wife is from Argentina. She sent in her information about a month ago, after waiting to be quoted a complete price for all services that needed to be completed. She needed a translation and evaluation of courses and was to be charged 275 for all.
    After almost a month, we made a call this morning, after checking the status of her case, only to find a note that explained that she needed to contact someone in order for the process to be completed.
    When I personally made the call for her, I waited 20 to 25 minutes before being directed to someone that had an idea what the issue was. Now at this point the lady tried to upsell me on the idea that we had not sufficiently paid for all of the services that was needed. When I told her that I had received verbal and written price quotes stating exactly what was to be completed, she told me that she could not discuss the case any longer with me. That she needed to talk to my wife, who is always patient and gullable, and that it did not matter what was quoted, that the new price would have to be paid first.
    What she did not know is that I am a civil trial attorney and that I deal in consumer advocacy cases daily. That when you give a written (or in my state of FL) verbal contract, which we have both, you have to stick by that, no matter how much profit or loss your company has to eat, in order to back up the words and emails of your employees. Even in the event of the dismissal of said employee(s).
    So Mr. Silny, good luck and I think that you know that if I make this a class action suit, your outcome will not be favorable. Just based on the 30 complaints that you have to date since April 2009, I think that there are many more persons out there that have been mislead.

Just for consumer information, 16 of these 30 complaints have been initiated based on misrepresentations of sales presentations, failure to disclose key conditions of offers, or verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms and agreements. None of which have been resolved by the BBB standards.

People check out the companies that you are looking to do business with ... 1st. Here are a few links that will help you to make a decision to not use this company.

Maybe we can try for a little bit of help from the State of Florida, in regulating your practices. Based on the fact that you are doing evaluations for persons seeking governmental employment. Our file should be found under Pereira-Fernandez, if Josef Silney happens to visit this site, in order to find out what the real people of the world think about how his company is doing business.

Service Details Back to List

General Service Info

Service Date 07/23/2010 Due Date 08/06/2010
    All Docs Received : Y

Document Received Date
    Not enough money for the requested services

Services List
    Request Date Service Date Service Name Fee
    07/23/2010 08/06/2010 Course-by-Course $130.00

07/23/2010 08/06/2010 Translation $145.00

Service Assignment

Assigned To Assigned Date Completed Date
    Pineda, Beatriz 07/23/2010

Service Comments
    On 7/28/2010 emailed and mailed client follow up letter asking her to clarify the services: she was given an estimate for the translation of 7 pages ($275) and she send an application requesting the translation and a course-by-course with a check $275. BP

Sir, I suggest that if you want to resolve this, you need to contact me ASAP instead of my messages being unreturned, infuriating me even more. It will be the 813 number that is on file.

• Im
    immigrationUSA Aug 17, 2010

The law firm where I have worked has done business with several credentials evaluators throughout the country. Josef Silny & Associates is by far the worst evaluation company that I have dealt with in over 16 years of practice. Where to start, I sent an evaluation and never got a receipt confirmation until I called them one week later. Finally they sent me an email confirmation stating the evaluation would be ready by a 08/04/10. I also receive my corporate online login information which did not work. The due date passes and I don't receive an update. Two weeks later I send an email requesting the status of the evaluation and get an email back that the evaluator needs additional documents. I ask them why I did not receive an email or any other nofitification about the missing documents that valuable time has been lost. Their answer was they were sorry.

This company treats you as if they were doing charity work for you even though their prices are higher than most evaluators My suggestion is if you need an evaluation of your foreign credentials "DO NOT" use this company, unless you want to be treated like charity work. There are too many good companies that provide outstanding service like American Evaluation and Translation Service. They will send you an email receipt confirmation as soon as they receive the application and give you a specific due date. If there are documents missing they were notify you within a couple of days giving you ample time to respond, in other words, if they need something they will let you know and not just seat on the evaluation wasting your valuable time like Josef Silny & Associates did.

• Gl
    Glaucia Sep 16, 2010

THIS IS THE WORSTE COMPANY THAT I HAVE DEAL WITH!!!
    They received my documentation and I NEVER/EVER RECEIVED BACK FROM THEM. They don`t know how handle the documentation, THE EMPLOYEE AND THE CUSTOMER...The employee that was handle my case was neglect and didn`t put all the efforts to try to solve my case. Those documents was my original one. They don`t have any receipt that they send my documentation back... just a copy of the self addressed stamped envelope U.S. priority mail that I sent to then in order to return the documents to me. I cannot track because my document never ever was posted... . So now I need to go to the Court to sue them for my missing documetns (irresponsability) and make them to pay for all my "new documetnation" from my coutrny (BRazil) and all the pain that I am suffering now.
    They are disorganized and after you pay the fee they don`t care about you, you try to call to them and have to be more than 30 min waiting on the line for someone to pick up the phone... . Unbeliveble!!!
    I tried 10 (TEM) TIMES TO TALK TO THE "Mr. Owner" to try if I can get better assitant but he is NEVER ARE AVAILABLE for your customer... .
    PLEASE MY ADVICE, DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES.

ANNETTE.mcp Sep 30, 2010

I had my credentials evaluated by this company on 2004. Their customer service is horrible, they do treat you as if they were doing charity and do not keep an electronic copy of your evaluation and after 3 years. You have to reapply if you need a copy after their timeframe. You need to go through the entire prcess again (of course I would never use this company again).
    Mr Silney, you constantly answer to all these complaints by defending your company instead of doing something to improve your services. I cannot beleive that you expect people to reapply and practically travel to their country of origin to obtain the paperwork again. In most cases, your costumers will need a copy of the evaluation after the three year period since they are now living in the US. You don't have to keep a hard copy, this is 2010, you can storage electronic information.
    I also had an incident where they stated in the evaluation that the University where I completed my master's degree was a public University, which was incorrect. I tried to get them to correct the mistake but the evaluator did not even answer my call. In addition, the board requested me a letter explaining the difference between Mexican and US credentials, J&S refused to do it stating that "they are not going to tell the board what to do".
    They also provided translation services and had a few mistakes in their translation that I tried to get them to correct, but never received a response or a call back. I would have never used J&S if I would have had more information about them.
    STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

• Mc
    MCI Dec 30, 2010

You guys are Crazy!! Josef Silny & Associates are doing a great job. They have responded to all my emails and sent out all my translations. My only negative is that they should send all of translations at once, however they do not. They'll send first the evaluation then the translation service. Furthermore If I were Josef Silny & Associates I wouldn’t archive anything pass 3years either. I’ve send out as many as 3o foreign diplomas in a month!! And I’m sure theirs tons of companies like the one I work for that send just as many. All I’m saying is that you’re responsible to keep your translations safe, and to make sure they receive all your proper documentations an order for them to serve you in a timely fashion. Again Great Company.

• Or
    Orleansville Jan 12, 2011

I used Joseph and Silney for my evaluation in January 2011. I can tell you that is company is a scam, DOOOOOOOnt use them. Although some univesities hand over their flyers to international students, most professors will tell you privately that they are not professional. Their service is horrible. All they worry about is money, money, and money. The maximum they can get out of poor immigrant trying to make it in America. My evaluation was basically a reading of a translation that I have brought, looked very unofficial, and unacceptable for admission schools, and I was charged 340$ for that. Rush service is a joke. They will make you pay a 100$ extra, and then send you a message one hour before the two days are expired to ask for more documents, they know you dont have. So the trick is to hook you to their service, and pay more money if you want your evaluation to be reviewed by them. Ones you pay, its over, there is nothing you can do, no one will ever talk to you. They will ask you to write an email if you have any complaint, and a nice GOOOOD LUCK. The reason why they do that is to get the maximum money out of you. For example, if you go there and ask for full servive, Translation, evaluation of many documents which will lead to almost a 500$ bill, they will do the job for you. If you want just a simple evaluation, they will find a way to trick you like a car salesman and nail you with more money, or if you refuse they will hand over an unofficial evaluation which will serve to nothing. Now you guys can do what ever you want, but dont say we did not warn you. You will loose your money with J$$S. The staff is rude, they will talk about you with their collegue in spanish (If they know you dont speak the lge)making a custumer feel like stupid. Ther is no way you can get a hold of anybody to expalin to you why you have been evaluated that way, However, they will send you a message that will look professional and ask you to pay more money if you want to be re-evaluated. This company is a joke, and I'm taking some legal procedures to stop them.

• Pe
    PEBBB May 24, 2011

I applied for a Profeesional Engineer License and their evaluation was one of the worst evaluations I came across. I seriously recommend all the international Engineers who are reading this forum to go through NCEES for their evaluations.

• Li
    Liliana Krupinski Aug 01, 2011

100% agree witn all these complains. Never use this company at all.

• Ke
    Kemal06 Mar 23, 2012

Hello. I mailed my transcript to Josef Silny outside of the US today then I saw all these negative comments and now Im afraid what if same things happen to me too! Should I cancel my request and credit card asap before they receive my documents? So that they can't charge me anyway.
    By the way which credential agency is better among the others from NACES? If any of you deal with a good trusted company, PLEASE let us know so would know which one to use.

• Ca
    CatherineB Aug 31, 2012

Hi I am Catherine, and I planned to use J silny and associates to have my credentials evaluated, As I read the comments here I immediately had doubts, but the board of nursing would not recognize them if they are not doing a great job, because of the comments I read, I immediately wrote to them to clear it up, obviously some of the comments here are very misleading, they have great customer service and within a few minutes I had a response on my query and also they gave me very detailed information.. If you have doubts go to them directly for them to help solve your case.. We should not generalize because each case is different, each school is different and each credential is different.. I recommend them.

• Li
    Liona Sep 11, 2012

I had a bad very experience with them back in 2004. They were unreachable and when they do they are so rude I had to take the info by tons of questions. And still, I have to pay them two times for re-evaluations because they did not say everything at first. They did not know what a personalized service is. Even though I live 3 hrs far from their office, I went there four times and I could never talk or see the evaluator. The evaluator had one of the front desk girls tell me that she could not see me because she was eating fish...That was an INSULT, SOOOO RUDE! LET'S DO NOT DO BUSSINESS WITH THEM. WE ALL WILL BE BETTER OFF!!!

Jacob1 Sep 29, 2012

Yes Josef sinly is the worst company in US.I, Jobin Jacob, requested course-by-course evaluation for foreign credentials and send the evaluation directly to universities, Nova and Barry.Till today I didn't get any information about the service eventhough I sent three emails but no response.I went to the office again, they said will send email once they complete the service but till today no response from them.Their customer service is follows 20th century method and it was a big mistake choosing this company for service.If we pay for any service they won't give you any receipt or document for the payment.

• Iv
    Ivan Sopin Dec 09, 2012

Since we have supposedly seen a comment from the president of the company, I hope to receive the answer to the following question from him personally or another company representative: Why do you underestimate the number of credit hours that a particular course deserves in the American school system? Even if you take the simple astronomical time spent physically in classes (that is, not counting personal research or homework), your estimates in most cases would be less than half of the actual number. Do you realize how much financial hardship and lost time you have caused to your clients? And I also agree that pricing is steep for most services.

chocolate123 Oct 17, 2013

I totally agree with all of negative comments about this freaking company.
    I sent my application and they LOST it. They say they have not received letter and told me to ask USPS. This is insane! In this century, its so less possibility that the letter is lost. They just don't take care of every letter and I see many victims like me. I had to send the application again. I just hate this freaking company and hoping to Be broken someday.
    I wanna aware to everyone. Don't use this company !!!
    この会社最悪!!!

• El
    elsalvador21 Nov 10, 2013

This company is a scam, send make some assessments were wrong, and now I want my money back, and they say no refund, I hate this company.

• Ha
    Hasan14 Apr 27, 2014

Josef Silney is the worst company ever.. I have sent them all required documents more than month ago and received nothing from them till now not even a confirmation email nothing!! I also sent them am email to check for the status of my evaluation but they ignored my email and didn't receive anything from them.. Worst customer service ever!!

CHANDNI KOCHHAR Jun 13, 2014

i just sent my documents to josef silny and associates...and i keep writing mails to know the satuts..and noone ever replies..if your staff doesnt respond, how will i ever track my evaluation and know the status?Mr Silny, this is Chandni Kochhar.so please write to me, if youre reading this.Acknowledgement of my mail will be very comforting and ill be assured i picked the right people to evaluate my transcripts.

S.A. Mahmood Jul 16, 2014

I have higher education degrees from a foreign country so I needed to evaluate my degrees in USA several times. Josef Silny was recommended to me by friends who used the agency before. I have used Josef Silny and honestly, without any bias, I can say that it has a very good service as far as far as time wise and accuracy. They have a customer service number that you can call and ask questions and get immediate answers as needed while other agencies have email contacts only so you have to wait days to get replies. I remember that I spoke to Barbara in customer service and she was very helpful. I also had my evaluations done by Alice Milagre and Noeli Rodriguez.
    S.A. Mahmood

• Di
    Disgruntal customer Dec 06, 2014

I studied in Montreal Canada and had my documents evaluated by Joseph Silny. I attended 3 different colleges in Montreal at different times in my life. The first one is Vanier College, the second Dawson College and the third Lasalle College. All three colleges are known as community colleges where you can earn an AA. These colleges you can becomes an RN or learn any techniques like computer analyst etc. Well, I wanted to get my bachelor's degree here in Miami and submitted all documents and fees to Joseph Silny. For some reason they decided that Vanier College - which has the same standing as both Dawson and Lasalle College in Montreal Quebec. They wrote a note to FIU telling them that my credentials from Vanier are not college level therefore I have to repeat my English, Humanities, Math and science classes. At this point I am unable to complete my bachelor in a reasonable time because I work full time and have a family. I am unsatisfied with their evaluation and their services.

• Lo
    Loreen Henry Jul 21, 2015

I am having problems with Silny and Associates. The problem is that they are not giving straightforward instructions. First when I called and presented my situation, I was told that it was okay to get a copy of my transcript for $35.00. I sent that amount, then I received an e-mail stating that they no longer have my paperwork so I should forward the paperwork and an additional amount to make it $150.00. When I did not find an option for $150 (that fits my situation) on the application form, I called and was informed that it would cost $180.00 and not $150.00. I sent that amount along with the paperwork . I called at different times to see if they got my information. One day I was told that their computers were down so I should call back. That was July 14. I called back and was told that they did not receive my papers. I called them another day but did not get to speak to anyone. I called back on the 21st only to be told that they needed the transcript directly from the college in Jamaica. They claimed to have e-mailed me on July 15. That e-mail I did not receive. I checked my e-mail every day just to see if they had any information for me, and there was none. Now I have checked my e-mail back and forth; spam, deleted and all. No e-mail from Silny. Now they are saying that they can do something with the information that I have provided and mail it out on at a later date, but there is also the option for me to request a refund.I am frustrated because I need this evaluation by July 31st, but at the same time I do not want to waste money on something that might not be accepted by the college.

Loreen Henry

• El
    Elianav Jul 22, 2015

HORRIBLE!!!This company is the worst!!!. They have the worst customers service, their employees are super dude through the phone the almost yell at you if you have to double ask questions if you have doubts. I totally not recommend this place.its a rip off, over 60 dollar for a translation not even to mention the credentials way more over that, they also want money to send back your originals safely because they themselves can't even take care of that . It's pretty ridiculous they shredded my ORIGINAL highschool diploma within only one year of keeping it . They never returned back or even suggested what I could do to have it back. I'm currently waiting on this lady to reply my emails back since she appearantly is too busy to answer my questions but pretty quick on taking the money off your credit car without even starting to work on my pepers. She is supposedly waiting for me to send more documents, yet they take out the money off my credit car like if they have completed my service. I am totally unhappy with their services in all ways. I RECOMEND TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PEOPLE! TERRIBLE !!!

• Fr
    Frantz86 Dec 14, 2015

I'm in the process of suing this company for misleading students and destroying original documents. If anyone wants to join for a class action, just reply.

• Al
    alegnamusic1 Jan 08, 2016

This is the worst company ever!!! They never send my evaluation to the destination and they just said that they are not responsible for the postal service!!! So they maybe never send your evaluation and say is not their fault!!! Bad service!!! Dont go there!!

Jane Marshall May 02, 2016

the worst serve for foreigner!!! never choose this company again !!!