JewsonRipped me off

T

In 1987 we purchased land in Carmarthen with planning permission, and at the time JEWSON was on TV singing we've got the JEWSON lot; we decided to buy all our building materials off them little did we know what we where letting ourselves in for. In 1987 we bought the slates for the roof with a thirty-year guarantee and sold as permanently black. In 1994 after spending over £26000 with Jewson's, the slates on the roof started going in holes and the colour was coming off, when we reported it to Jewson's they said and I quote, "ONCE WE'VE GOT YOUR MONEY WE DON'T GIVE A F**K". So we put the case in the hands of a solicitor Hew Owen of ungoed Thomas& King who took the case up. In 1999 we phoned Mr D W Thomas operations director for JEWSON'S, who said (I QUOTE "AS LONG AS YOU DON'T FIND OUT WHY WE CHANGED OTHER ROOFS WITH THE SAME COMPLAINT AND YOU TELL THE TRUTH WE DON'T CARE".) Jewson's solicitor a Mr Barr Cleary phoned to say that if I pursued with this case he would sue myself for all the time he has spent on this case. At this point we put notices in our car windows and on our garage doors to tell others the way JEWSON'S where treating us it says STOP LOOK BEFORE YOU BUY ANY BUILDING MATERIALS OFF JEWSON'S COME AND SEE THE RUBBISH THEY SOLD ME I'VE GOT THE JEWSON CRAP with a photo of my roof. When the Jewson manager Mr Robert Cockburn Carmarthen Branch saw the signs on my car he asked us to take them down and he would sort out our roof before he went on holiday on the following Monday and made a list of what materials we needed to change our roof as they where already changing other roofs with the same complaint, that was July 1999(HE LIED). But he did write to us to say that they would PAINT our roof for us (We refused) Then Jewson's offered us £1000 if we dropped the case and take the signs down (That's now been reduced to £500). We wrote to Mr Peter Hindel Jewson managing director in Jan 2000 to tell him about the way we've been treated, and he said (I will arrange to have the matter investigated without delay and be in touch shortly), and that's the last we've heard off him. Our solicitor said if you drop the complaint against Jewson's and accept their offer I will ask Allen Harris (the supplier of slates to Jewsons) to give you some money as well, as he's a friend of mine!!! We reported OUR solicitor to the supervision of solicitors in May 2000 who said that they would fully investigate the case. In Oct our case was looked at (I won't use the word investigated as they only took 4 hrs to read and find no fault with OUR solicitor, dictate a letter to us, and have his lunch, and phone us). We reported the supervision of solicitors to the ombudsman who said that they had done nothing wrong; they suggested that they should look at the case again. The Supervision of Solicitors refused. I still have the signs on my car and on my garage doors.