J.C.s Carports And Garages - J.C.'s Metal BuildingsI GAVE HIM A $2,500.00 CHECK

I gave john (from J.C.s) a check for $2, 500.00 as a down payment on my 20' x 40' steal building and he cashed the check and kept making plans to do the job but never did then he finally he stop calling and answering my calls so i left a message telling him i was going to the cops and then he said he was out of town on a family death so then he pulled the servey for the property and then did nothing else then tried to come and take my carport down thats there and sell it to one of my friends that he didnt know the guy was my friend now thats the last draw im finally ging to the cops after waiting 5 months for my building

• Xx
    xxangelxxs5 Sep 29, 2009

hes a rip off

• Bi
    BILLY BUSH Oct 09, 2009

HE HAS DONE US THE SAME WAY. WE SENT HIM $ 395.00 AND WE HAVE NO BUILDING. HIS NAME WAS JIMMY COLLINS. HE HAD SAID HE WOULD BE HERE FOR 2 DAYS AND NO SHOW... NO CALL... NO NOTHING...NO MONEY BACK...JC METAL BUILDINBG A BIG RIP OFF. HE TAKES YOUR MONEY AND NO BUILDING... PLEASE STAY VERY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY... SCAM...SCAM...SCAM...I HOPE SOMETHING WILL BE DONE SO HE WONT DO THIS TO NO ONE ELSE...
    ******** HUGE ******** RIP OFF ********* HE ALSO HAS AN F RATING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

• Ro
    Rottweiler7575 Aug 25, 2012

My Carport is 3/4 of the way done, Keeps saying he is coming out to finish.. Today was the Last straw... Monday I'm going to the Court House to File Consumer Fraud Charges, Building Dept. Because it is NOT TIDED DOWN with Anchors, the extra Hurricane Braces, Center Braces, paid an EXTRA $425 Dollars for.. Refuses to call back and fails to show up when HE sets the TIME !!

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM !!!

• Ro
    Rottweiler Rescue Dec 09, 2012

Jim Has set 26 appointments to finish the Job and has missed all 26 Times & Dates. I have made some 79 phone calls to him. He claims that I still own him $ 106 dollars, I will not pay it till the job is done... So my WARNING TO ALL IS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!

• He
    Hemi Cuda Mar 31, 2013

Called JC's Carports Friday for a price on a 40x60 building and overhang.. He said he had been in business for 11 yrs and has an A rating at the BBB.. After ckg it is an F rating.. He has lied scammed and Bs'd his way around going to jail..After calling several people who have done business with him.. I would NEVER hire him or anyone who works for him... Crook is a nice way to talk about him.. lier works well also

• Vb
    vballwin Apr 27, 2013

Unfortunately, we didn't look for this information before setting up the building of the metal building. We gave a $300 deposit. He has cancelled 3 times so far..this past Friday said they would be there first thing in the morning, no one came. We called, he finally returned the call and said that they would be there at 3pm. He did not call back the rest of the day. We called all morning, Saturday, no answer. We drove over to DeLand to find out where he was and what was happening..place was a ghost town. Guess we lost $300 but, I will report it. We need to let people know about his scam. He took my $300 THAT day and CASHed it that day..which I thought was awful quick. Please let me know what anyone else has done to rectify this.

marley55 Sep 06, 2015

We have had carport material sitting on our property for 4 months now. Could not get JC's to install now we cannot get him to get it off the property. JC just will not return calls. He blocks our calls. We now have to move the material back to his place via the rental of a u-haul truck because it needs to be moved. Sunbelt Metals the owner of the material are no better than JC's, they ignore our calls and never return calls when we leave messages. Both Sunbelt Metals and JC's Metals are bad companies to deal with. Stay clear of them.

marley55 Feb 04, 2016

Call action 9 news, they will help you better than the police. Notify Attorney general, Florida Trade Commission, Better Business, . This will get you action for sure.

• Jc
    jcsresponse Feb 04, 2016

Mr. Marro AKA marley55, was a repeat customer here at JC's and we greatly appreciated his business. However, the incident he is referring to was of no fault of our own. He called us on Monday May 11th for a lean-to carport and he NEEDED it done by Friday May 15th. JC showed up on Monday May 11th to give him a quote and Mr. Marro was still tearing down some things from the side of his house where the lean-to carport would be. JC informed him that we could not start building until he completed the necessary preparations. Mr Marro INSISTED that the house would be ready by that Friday so we could complete our job on that day, so we went ahead and ordered the materials to the exact specifications of the job. When we arrived there on Friday with the materials, his house was in the same condition and we could not do the work. Mr. Marro was happy that we could leave the materials to return on a later date and complete the job. Mr. Marro failed to acquire the necessary permits in order to do the renovations to the home he bought to flip. Therefore, the city/county halted him. It was then that Mr. Marro decided he no longer wanted the lean-to carport for which we had already ordered and delivered the materials for. We would not retrieve the materials because it would be an extra cost for us to do so after we already paid to have them made to his specifications, only to find out that he didn't want it anymore. Mr. Marro returned our materials to us and they are still here at the shop as they can not be used for any other job. We do apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to any of our customers and we would love to resolve any further issues if you'll contact us @ [protected]

• Th
    theresadee Jan 19, 2017

@jcsresponse an article written 7/7/11 (still holds true today)

A Deland businessman is accused of bilking his customers and a company he represents. Jimmy Collins (then 55) was arrested Wednesday on a warrant charging him with organized scheme to defraud. A lengthy investigation determined Collins took deposits from customers for work that was never done and he also kept money for completed work instead of sending the money to the parent company. He is accused of taking fraudulently more than $50, 000.00 and investigators hope more victims will come forward. Should I continue to write the entire article for you? You know you are ripping people off. I am going to contact channel 9 news and the Orlando sentinel (that is where I dug up this dirt)

• Fi
    fisherman 56 Jul 07, 2016

I agree this guy is a joke, he has broken several promises to me as well and has not shown up for an appointment, im just happy to say he did not get me for a penny, nor will he...

• Th
    theresadee Jan 19, 2017

Fraudulent company...do not shop here...scam reports and public arrest records for Jim Collins AKA John Collins AKA John Sills - investigators discovered that JC's carports (Jim Collins) had stolen $47, 945.00 by taking deposit on work he never did!