ItsHot.comfailed to deliver what was paid for and won't respond

B

After looking for several months for a special piece of jewelry for a significant milestone anniversary for my spouse I was unable to find exactly what I wanted so I decided to have a platinum and diamond ring custom made to my specifications since I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I had sent multiple inquires to ItsHot.com and they were extremely responsive to any questions I had and I was quite impressed with the level of service (prior to the sale) so I decided to commission them to make the custom platinum diamond ring.

I sent the very specific requirements to them regarding the ring along with a rough picture of what I wanted it to look like prior to them starting the design process. I explicitly stated I wanted 950 platinum, and princess cut diamonds ( a 0.5 ct princess cut center stone and an approximate 0.2 ct princess cut stone on each side) I also explicitly stated that I wanted the ring to have an engraving. This was very specific in the instructions that I sent in each email.

Since I had shopped around a while before the purchase, prior to starting the ring I inquired if the original quote was still valid and was told by the sales rep that the price of princess diamonds went up and was provided with an updated quote which was increased in price. I found the quote acceptable decided to start work on the ring.

They required half of the purchase price up front to start the work so I paid the required down payment and work on the ring was started. The sales person told me that only part of the design I wanted engraved would fit so they could only do a portion of it. I modified the design and sent it back to them again and explicitly asked it the modified design would fit. I was told that it would but it would be hard to read with the naked eye. I explained I was ok with it being difficult to read but I wanted the engraving done.

A couple of weeks later I received a request for the final payment prior to shipment. so I paid the remaining balance and the ring was shipped immediately. Upon initial inspection I found the ring did not have the engraving that I had specified. I immediately sent a email to the sales rep that I had worked with and never received any response from him. Upon closer inspection I then realized the two stones on the side were not princess cut stones at all ( you know the one’s I paid extra for because the price had went up) but they were round stones instead. I sent another email to the sales rep that I worked with and to the general sales address and again - No Response.

I have every email that I have sent them with all of the details regarding the specifications of the ring. These were all forwarded to them with my concerns about the ring not being made to specifications and they continue to ignore any questions after the sale.

The ring as it is made is very pretty; but there are jewelry stores full of very pretty jewelry that I could have purchased much cheaper without paying the expense to have a ring custom designed. This was a hefty platinum ring with close to 1 ct of diamonds so this was not an inexpensive purchase.

I chose the custom design process to capture the little details that had significant meaning for my spouse and mark my milestone anniversary. I am extremely disappointed that I did not get what I paid for and that service after the sale is so pathetic (actually - non existent- it is apparent I did not get what I paid for-every email sent back and forth clearly described the requirements and there was many emails ), especially since service is the one reason I chose ItsHot prior to the purchase. Talk about bait and switch – So much for custom work- they send you whatever they decide to come up with and won’t even acknowledge you exist after they get your money. So essentially this company scammed me into paying more for the ring than the original quote-came up with their design attributes and decided to ignore mine and don’t even have enough integrity to acknowledge me as a customer after they received several thousands of dollars.

I have the entire chain of emails with names etc if anyone would like additional detal and the names of individuals I worked with.

RESOLVED

I've worked with ItsHot in the past on an expensive custom piece of jewelry. I had some issues initially because the piece was not made to specification and they were slow to respond, sure I was upset at the time BUT... THEY DID RESPOND and when they did they corrected the issue very quickly and overnighted the piece back to me so I would have it in time AND paid ALL of the shipping fees. The finished piece is perfect, absolutely stunning and constantly gets compliments. There are no issues with the quality or authenticity of the item. Things don't always go perfect, it is unfortunate when they don’t but my experience is they made a mistake and was more than willing to correct it and ensure the customer was happy. As long as they are willing to resolve complaints and use their issues to drive improvement in their business processes, I would continue to work with them. I posted a complaint when this happened to me but I think it is also important they are given credit for resolving issues!

• ItsHot.com's response · Oct 23, 2013

This is an old review but we just noticed it, so we are posting a response.
    First of all the issue was resolved with the customer, not sure why she was not able to contact us right away: we are available to respond to any questions/concerns immediately day or night 365 days a year, 24 hours a day: we provide 24/7 live chat customer service support, our phone support is open Mon-Fri 10am-9pm EST and can be reached by calling us toll free in USA: [protected] or outside USA: [protected], emails might take 1 business day to respond, but again: for immediate assistance you are always welcome to call us or use the live chat feature 24/7 to speak with our live representatives.

Customer did request princess cut diamonds to be set in her custom ring, but round diamonds were set in the ring, it was a human mistake, it was not done on purpose to cut the costs (round and princess cut diamonds cost about the same and in the current market round diamonds are actually more popular so they cost a bit more). It was our mistake and after we were contacted it was corrected.
    The ring was redone for the customer to her full satisfaction.

ItsHot.com Customer Service Team

• Ba
    Barber123 Oct 24, 2013

Yes I am the person who posted this and the complaint was resolved and I was VERY HAPPY with the end product. I actually posted favorable comments on some of the other complaints with ItsHot where people were claiming they were sold fake gold. In regards to not being able to contact anyone, or getting a response, that was my biggest frustration. I know mistakes happen and I am not one to quickly launch a complaint unless I feel like I have no other recourse. I actually did try multiple means of communication before ever posting a complaint such as email, 24/7 chat ( I got a message it was not staffed and left an email there also that was never returned) etc and was unable to contact anyone. Once I did get a response, I was extremely satisfied with the resolution. The ring was perfect and stunning –all issues were resolved and I had no issues with authenticity or quality. I trust that the communication issue I experienced will be used to further improve your customer service response time and business processes – I would definitely work with your company again in the future.