• De
    Denise O. Apr 21, 2010

I am a former breeder of Jack Russell Terriers and have three old-timers (14, 16 and 17 years old!) I purchased a puppy from Susan three days ago. She was called Clair and her name is now Baci. Baci is a beautiful, happy and very healthy puppy that my vet referred to as one of the nicest Jack Russell Terriers she's seen. I drove down to Susan's store from Connecticut to pick up my puppy (with very short notice) and was thrilled with the conditions in which she keeps her pups. They are not caged but enjoy a roomy immaculate playroom with multiple levels for climbing and playing. The remaining puppies were beautiful, clean and lively with very obvious JRT characteristics.

I have no knowledge of the conditions in which Susan's adult dogs are kept at her home and I certainly hope that the puppies she imports are not coming from puppy mills. I can only say that I purchased a healthy wonderful Jack Russell Terrier.

brok Apr 21, 2010

Kathy,
    Perhaps you could analyse just what it is you do not like about my comments:

1.that the Irish Government have been busy in protecting the welfare of dogs?

2. that there are perfectly good, ethical (and cheaper) breeders on their own doorstep?

3. with this situation you do get what you pay for - trouble ?

4. any one daft enough to pay hundreds or thousands for a dog should have the word DUMB stamped on their forehead?

5.that people are not buying a 'dog' or a 'pet' but a status symbol?

If a person buys any animal with the thought that this animal will make people stop to admire it, thus imparting vicarious kudos to the animal's owner, that person allows unscrupulous breeders to exploit the situation; therefore a certain amount of chagrin should be anticipated in the light of such exploitation and a stamp, not a puppy, purchased.

Bronagh Apr 21, 2010

I have just read Ireland is Europe's perhaps the world's puppy farm Capital.. Here cheap poor quality purebred dog's are mass-produced by the hundred's in cages, the ### bred and bred successively until they drop..it sickened me so much I could not read it all, and we are supposed to believe these breeders like Susan care about the puppies they get from here or the owner's..how could any so called human being be a part of this for their own Greed..They should Lock these Breeders up in the cages the poor dog's are kept in and leave them to rot, like they will in Hell.

• Mi
    MickeyLee Apr 20, 2010

I am the new owner of Mary Conti's returned pup. She is beautiful and healthy. Lovey has brought only joy into our lives.

brok Apr 20, 2010

In 2005 the Irish Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government. Produced a study on the welfare of dogs in breeding establishments. You can read this www.environ.ie/en/.../DogControl/.../FileDownLoad, 517, en.doc . You will see that the Irish Government have been busy in protecting the welfare of dogs.
    Having said that, I am perplexed at the attitude of any person who would go to the expense of buying an animal that has to be exported thousands of miles in a stressful environment when there are perfectly good, ethical (and cheaper) breeders on their own doorstep. There is no such accepted breed as an 'Irish Jack' which prompts me to the conclusion that people are not buying a 'dog' or a 'pet' but a status symbol!
    I disagree with one correspondent, with this situation you do get what you pay for - trouble .
    How many thousands of perfectly adorable dogs are in pounds in the USA just waiting for a kind owner? Most of these dogs are available for the cost of their rescue and keep. Anyone daft enough to pay hundreds or thousands for a dog should have the word DUMB stamped on their forehead. But then, you can't preen yourself when in the company of a dog-pound mutt, even if it does almost burst with happiness every time it greets you!.

Bronagh Apr 19, 2010

I have heard it all now, This Susan should be put behind bars for the way she has treated these pups and their owner's, if she is so wonderful then like Kathy say's let her reimburse everyone, she is a low life and not fit to look after an animal..letting a Stud and it's daughter breed..who would ever let that happen, Keith was right to let everyone know what she is like and if she ever is allowed to open a Pet Store..then God help the Animal's ...I looked and read the Connemara site, I think these owner's will be more careful in future if buying another pup, after hearing how they were conned by this woman, if I were looking for a pup I would check out the places advertised the pups are born..Connemara Jack's has three in Ireland and seem's a decent breeder..People need to check everything like she says and hopefully never be conned again..Thank's Keith for letting us know this Susan is not fit to look after herself never mind a poor innocent pup from a Puppy Mill.

Dirt Dog Apr 19, 2010

Any and all breeders, of any and all breeds should be held to a higher standard than than the puppy buyer is holding them too.

I have noted a few pages for your review, when looking for your next pup. Read it, read it again, then go to other sites and educate yourself further. Be a sponge: Collect as much information as possible, from several sources, and then make your decisions when looking for a puppy Don't wait until you have an issue to start investigation. If everyone would put this in practice, we as breeders would either be forced out or improve. And you, the puppy buyer, will be happier with the outcome.

Knowledge is Power.

• Co
    costly Apr 18, 2010

Ms Porter, you are on Crack ! Susan is a liar and a fraud and should be brought up on charges and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. We purchased one of her puppies just a short while ago and to date have spent over 2 grand ( and still counting ) on this wonderful little guy. ( If i could see her face to face i would stuff this letter down her throat ) Not only did the puppy come sick but then gave our other Jack's Kennel cough as well. SO PROVE ME WRONG AND HONOR YOUR WARRANTY !! If you truly are kind and wonderful as the person living in fairy land believes then post a reply and let everyone know how this is going to be taken care of. Otherwise suffer the consequences !! and there will be consequences.

• Pa
    patriciamlporter Apr 18, 2010

As a person who knows both Susan and Keith personally, has spent a great deal of time with them, and has worked on many projects with both of them, I have inside knowledge of what went on here. Keith suffers from an acute case of grandiosity – he knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing. Susan suffers from an acute case of generosity, tolerance and concern for all animals. You will never meet a kinder or more spiritual person than Susan. She sells puppies because she loves bringing joy into people’s lives, and because she truly believes that her puppies are the best of the best, which I can tell you are just that. She also bonds with every single puppy that comes into her shop. In the evenings, she sits in the kennel and plays for hours with every one individually.

Five years ago, she brought Keith into her home when he was destitute, and offered him a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to utilize his talents, while paying him handsomely. Now that he is going through one of his many psychotic, manic episodes, he literally blackmails her, then sets out to destroy her. Everything he has posted here are downright lies. Why would clients be invited into her home if she had appalling conditions to hide? And I can assure you, she was never, ever, remiss about vaccinations and worming, nor did she ever sell a puppy knowingly that was sick. This is why there are various older dogs available. She cures them, at enormous expense. To say that her puppies are not well socialized, well, look at the comments by folks who are thrilled with the social skills that her puppies display. Unfortunately, you cannot read the vast majority of these testimonials, because Keith has robbed her of her website, a sure felony, after unsuccessfully blackmailing her. Future employers beware! Sure, Susan has some human frailties that many of us cope with, but nothing even close to the salacious lies that Keith is trying to convince others of.

As “office manager, ” he was constantly disappearing for days on end and letting his voicemail box fill up. Why? Drugs, perhaps? And this is what led to several of the complaints on this board. He would go for weeks without returning any phone calls, or answering any emails. He does not deserve to be called “noble.” He is a delusional, revenge seeking whackadoo, and you should not give anything he says any credence. I am so sorry that people are concerned about this totally fraudulent mess, made up and driven by someone so utterly sick and vindictive. Email me through the Complaints Board if you have any further questions.

Chris Einkauf Apr 17, 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm the webmaster for importedjacks.com (http://www.importedjacks.com), another breeder of irish jack russells. I think it's important for me to point out that not all irish jack russell terrier breeders are unethical, and they don't all simply import mass amounts of puppies from "puppy mills" in Ireland.

I think it's terrible that Susan Sarao engaged in the sorts of activities that are described in all of the above comments. Dogs are truly man's best friend and they should never be treated simply as some kind of money-making machine.

I wish everyone who happened to receive unhealthy jacks from irishjacks.com the best of luck going forward. If you have any questions about irish jacks (health-related, etc.) feel free to reach out to us at importedjacks.com (just fill out the contact form on any page and we'll try to answer your questions to the best of our abilities).

By the way, Keith - what you did was brave and noble. It's good to know that there are people like you out there who are looking out for all the puppies of the world.

~Chris Einkauf ([email protected])

Bronagh Apr 17, 2010

I Agree Totally with Kathy.

• Lu
    LuvmyPUPs Apr 17, 2010

I agree that if you have the nerve to charge so much, you should back what you say

• Lu
    LuvmyPUPs Apr 17, 2010

Can you hear...Class action law suit!! I have spent over 3500 on 2 pups and over ten thousand on vet bills due to conditions such as patella injury/seizures/worms/giardia...and the list goes on. I just feel misinformed and taken advantage of.

Dirt Dog Apr 17, 2010

I have tried for years to educate the unsuspecting public so they would be better educated and spot a puppy farm, broker a mile away. I am sorry it took this long for people to wake up and actually start paying attention. And as well, I hope it changes the way people "shop" for their next puppy.

Someone mentioned that they contacted some of the "Irish" Jack Russell breeders out there and got either no responses or defensive ones. I have been saying for years that there are very few legitimate Irish Jack Russell Breeders ...so few I can count them on one hand. I am not surprised at all that many of them were not willing to discuss their practices openly.

Please, go to my website and READ the pages devoted to this topic... And then re-read again later, when you go hunting for your next puppy. The rules really apply to all breeds as there are people like this in every dog breed.

Keith, Thank you for taking a stand. My hat is off to you.

Sheila
    www.connemaraterrier.com

Bronagh Apr 17, 2010

Keith but the bottom line is they were advertised as Jack Russells from Ireland and like you say most were healthy, but this does not take away the fact they were being born in Puppy Mill's in Ireland, to be sent to America and countries were people want them cos they think they are getting a different breed of Jack Russell, Irish Jack Russell's..it is all wrong and it's just cheating people, Susan should never be allowed near a dog again, and these breeder's should not be allowed to sell these pup's and especially at the price they do, Look how much Peabody cost, I have never known anyone pay over 350 pound's for a Jack Russell, Like Peabody's mom said she could not care if he was half rat..but I think people have a right to know they are buying from Puppy Mill's and that is the only thing different from Jack Russells through out the world to Irish Jack Russell's..if I was one of the owner's I would not rest until this woman get's what she deserves and is never allowed to work with any animal again, Please help to Stop these Puppy Mills now.

• Kb
    KbutlerIJ Apr 16, 2010

To be absolutely clear - The majority of puppies IrishJacks sold came out healthy and good tempered - sold as exactly advertised - Jack Russells from Ireland. Good food and water were provided. There are few congenital or hereditary issues.

Generally the Irish Jack Russell puppies from Ireland are genetically widely spaced, that most puppies, including the Heff pups, are fabulous animals and pets with wonderful temperaments, and only very rarely, what you would expect in any population, is there a congenital (formed by an accident during development) or hereditary (passable to offspring) disease.

Where Susan failed is in making good on the guarantees offered, accurate linage and birthdates, lax medication and vaccine procedures and dodging clients who had questions or wanted their vet bills taken care of. Most medical problems were caused by bad quarantine, letting puppies of different ages and litters in close contact with sometimes bad consequences, and lazy worming and vaccine procedures.

The crowded conditions at her home/farm have resulted in the death or injury of several dogs over the years by being attacked by a large unsupervised pack. Only in the most extreme cases were these injured dogs seen by a vet. Most recently this type of oversight has resulted in the death of a puppy (Porky) and a completely unplanned breeding to a seven month old puppy (Ashley) by multiple dogs at the farm. Last I knew she planned to sell these puppies at her new store in Long Valley.

In the interest of disclosure - I do not want money or anything else from her, even the salary I am owed. I am writing this because I believe she has done criminal acts and I once again apologize for letting this go on so long. I thought I could fix the issues with Violet Meadow Farm and Susan.

I have treasured the many puppies I have seen go to loving families over the years. If you need any help with questions about your dog from IrishJacks my personal email is [email protected] I will try to be of as much assistance that I can.

• Mk
    MKasperski Apr 16, 2010

We purchased three dogs from Violet Meadows Farms and could not be HAPPIER with our family of Irish Jacks. Seven years ago we got our Tyson, three months later Stella, 3 years ago we got Beatrice. We have NO issues with Violet Meadows Farms. I am sorry to hear of issues there and I hope the pets are safe.

• Ti
    tiggygussie Apr 16, 2010

My family purchased two sister puppies, then known as "Suprise" and "Present" in December 2008. We picked them up at the Delta Air Cargo Hold on a freezing cold day. Thank goodness they were in there together for warmth, because when we opened the crate we found their "water" was a solid ice cube and they were sitting on a thin layer of shredded newspaper and there was about a cup of puppy kibbles on the floor of the crate. The puppies were shaking from the cold and were lethargic. Not even a small blanket was provided for them on their journey from the farm in New Jersey to Seattle, WA, a very long flight. We were very dissapointed in the way the girls were shipped to us. When we got them home, we soon found they were sick with giradia, and one of the puppies soon had a nasty skin rash called sarcoptic mange which we had to treat as well. Then, we found a tick on the same puppy that had the mange. They didn't have hernias, thank goodness.
    After the rough first couple of months with them, they have turned into the most amazing dogs and we are truely in love with them. We purchased two so they would have companionship over their lifetime and they play together all day and are very close. I am not at all suprised to read the above complaints, we tried to contact Susan about the condition of the dogs and their sicknesses and she simply didn't reply to us. We also got curious as to what the parents of our two puppies looked like so we could see how our pups would look when they were full grown, and we simply got written off with no explanation or pictures of the parents.
    I am very dissapointed in all of this, but happy to say we seem to have "rescued" two amazing sister pupies, now named Tiggy and Gussie, who are irreplaceable to us.

Bronagh Apr 16, 2010

How Can this Susan be allowed to open a Pet Shop..will the pups be from Irish Mills, after hearing this I wrote to a few site's on the internet that advertises Irish Jack Russell's..I asked did they get their pups from Irish Puppy Mills only one answered me with a load of abuse, and said yes she did rescue from mills then denied it and told me their was something wrong with me, I was a jealous breeder, I told her I was not a breeder, just concerned were the pups came from, This is all so terrible and I just want to say Peabody and all the Beautiful Jack's I met from that site I will miss seeing you and hearing how you all are..God Bless you all, you are the Lucky ones.

• Ki
    Kirbibear1 Apr 16, 2010

I am basically in shock about what I'm hearing about Susan...we got Peabody from Violet Meadow Farms in the spring of 2007...he is amazing...the love of my life. At this point, I wouldn't care if Peabody was an Irish Jack or part rat, he is the sweetest, most loving dog you will meet. But, if this is all true about Susan, it is unforgiveable. Fyi...I paid $1, 800 for Peabody...I was told he was one of the "specialty Irish Jacks". Of course, he is priceless, but again, I can't believe this is all coming out...I'm stunned.

• Pa
    padterri7 Apr 16, 2010

Keith,
    Thank you for bringing this out into the open. We also purchased a dog from Susan. Did Pat know this was all going on? Thank you for exposing it. Why didn't the town close her down? What will become of the puppies she has now?

• Au
    Audra Cutuli Apr 16, 2010

I purchased a dog from Violet Meadow farms in June 0f 06. He is in fact from the Heff line and his parents were - so they say who knows now - Barney and Tina. He was purchased and had giradia and I had to treat my other Jack for the same issue. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones as I was refunded my money for the vet bills incurred.

He has since had a luxating patella surgey and he is the most bow legged animal I have ever seen so could that be from the in breeding. I am sure it is.

As I sit here and look at him right now, I feel awful to know that he is a puppy mill dog but I guess the fact I can look at it as I rescued him, thank you Cheryl for that opinion!

It is such a shame that one human being can do such a thing to people who are fortunate enough in this country to be able to afford to have pets and be able to take care of them monetarily more than most countries can. I travel the world on business and go to many 3rd world countries and see plenty of dogs running on the streets and feel sad that they have to live like this. Then we get a monster woman who out of her own greed and reported drug habit imports dogs from puppy mills.

Just sickens me.

• Se
    seajewel Apr 16, 2010

WOW!! I have a pup from the Heff-Line and so does my brother our dogs are beautiful and healthy! And so well behaved. They are supposed to be sisters but I always really doubted that. Susan and Keith both were wonderful. We have had no health issues. Only a case of fleas on one dog and scabies on the other. My dog Finn was 2 years old this week and she is wonderful. A friend of mine at my suggestion also purchased a dog from Susan, again healthy and beautiful. I guess we were lucky. So sad to hear this info. I did try to find the website to post Finn's picture for her birthday and could not find it. But found this page. I still find it all hard to believe. Susan seemed to have it all together. Her home seemed really nice and all the dogs seemed happy and healthy, her personal pups beautiful. I still find it hard to believe!

disheartend Apr 16, 2010

Hi Keith

My name is Jennifer
    We received a male pup from you a couple of weeks ago that came to us sick.I am concerned as you mentioned above about the heff line... can I get more info as I have concern about if is he is indeed pure breed? We had purchased him as a potential breeding male for our two females. He is finally on the mend after being on medication for over two weeks. His papers say he is from litter Heff-E /Patch X Susie II.He is a wonderful little guy but for the sake of the breed I would hate to breed him if he is indeed not a purebreed. Any info would be great... and the truth after all this would be refreshing. [email protected] I am sure that it was hard to step forward but hopefully this will save others from funding her greed.

• Cl
    clynngriff Apr 15, 2010

I purchased "Piglet" of the Sodapop gang (as Susan called them) on Feb of 209. She had the sniffles, and I didn't think much about it. The vet treated her with antibiotic, she quickly got better. Didn't think twice about her hernia belly button - got that fixed when she was "fixed". DUMB I AM! Sallie came from Ireland, is beautiful, heathly and smart. She is so obdient and looks like a classic Jack Russell - just like the RCA dog. She just got recontructive knee surgery for a luxating patella that showed up in December, after she slipped while running around in circles. $2, 290.00 in surgery later - she is very heathly and back to her happy go lucky self. I purchased a DNA test tonight at Cherrybrook and will test her - just for my OWN information on what is her mix of breeds. She is beautiful, and one of the best dogs we ever owned. I had NO IDEA she came from a PUPPY MILL in Ireland. Thank goodness for the internet and good information.

Bronagh Apr 15, 2010

Well at Least the owner's now know..Poor Peabody and Clinton and Sonny and Dawson and all the other's..Thank God they have Good homes and Owner's that care for them..Think about these pups from the Puppy Mill's..and stop buying them..there is no such thing as a Irish Jack Russell..they are just born and interbred in filth and squalor in mill's for breeder's to make money...Bronagh.

• Kb
    KbutlerIJ Apr 15, 2010

To the clients and followers of IrishJacks/Violet Meadow Farm,
    My name is Keith Butler and I’ve resigned my position as Web Designer, Photographer and Office Manager at IrishJacks due to the mounting ethical and financial problems I’ve encountered there. I worked for IrishJacks for five years and worked very hard to untangle the problems caused by bad business practices and a profit-blinded owner.
    I’m writing this to expose the issues that Susan Sarao has let fester for many years. I feel complicit in her actions but I worked daily to rectify the issues. When I discovered that I could make no progress on any of the issues below I had no choice but to quit and have decided that I can no longer sleep at night knowing how she has handled business, and knowing that despite the proper support, she won’t change.
    If you paid sales tax on your puppy, that tax was never submitted to the State of New Jersey. It was deposited into her account and used to support her lifestyle.
    Susan has not paid any income tax with the business of IrishJacks to the IRS or the State of New Jersey.
    She has been running an illegal kennel at her home. She was summoned by the Hunterdon County Department of Health and subsequently lost a legal battle to do business from her back garage. To my current knowledge she still has over 10 adult dogs in her back garage.
    She has knowingly sold sick puppies and then treated the purchaser as if they did something wrong if they complained. She has promised many clients a refund or payment of medical bills and then delayed payment as long as possible. She had ducked phone calls and e-mails making a situation that was caused by bad practices into complaints.
    Puppies are imported from Ireland with no control of conditions in Ireland and no US Department of Agriculture license or inspections.
    If you have a puppy from the Heff line, please have them checked out by a vet. We consistently received puppies with poor socialization, flees, scabies and worm infections from this line. I tried to make her stop importing from this particular breeder in Ireland. We received over 100 puppies a year from this line meaning the original breeder in Ireland needed 50-60 female dogs to produce this amount. I can only infer the conditions in Ireland from the health of the puppies we received.
    Breeding conditions at her home are uncontrolled. Just a few days ago Bill Crumlic witnessed her let a stud dog and his daughter (who is in season) into the same area and they ended up breeding. This is not the first time her oversight and laze-faire attitude has resulted in an inbred dog.
    I ask everyone who has done business in the past and may do business with her in the future to check the town, county and state records on her and her business. Please visit her listings on Complaints Board http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=irish+jacks and [redacted] /URL removed/ to see some online resources of how IrishJacks was run.
    She is now in the process of setting up a pet shop to sell puppies at Stephan Farm Supply in Long Valley NJ. To my knowledge, she did obtain a license to operate a pet shop there.
    I’m so embarrassed to have belonged to this organization and the length of time I allowed her behavior to continue. I am being threatened with legal action if I reveal her illegal and unethical practices but I believe if I reveal the truth the law will stand behind me.
    Sincerely,
    Keith Butler

• Co
    costly Apr 14, 2010

I also recently purchased a male Jack Russell pup from Susan and had it shipped to Canada. He came off the plane with Kennel cough ( which he is still recovering from), worms, Giardia & Corona Virus. I have been trying to contact Susan in regard to the Health Guarentee that comes with the pup to no avail. I plan to follow up with the vet that did the preflight vetting and the airlines to report her as shipping sick puppies as I have all the documentation to prove it.

• Ra
    Ray Brownfield Nov 11, 2009

I am Ray Brownfield in Shenandoah County, VA, phone [protected], E-mail [email protected] I am a full time farmer. Four years ago my sister, who owns a home in Ireland, brouight home and gave to me an "Irish Jack" B&T female. We call her Jack (what else?). She is an absolutely great/healthy little dog. Lives easily with three sure enough Labs, which we also breed, for fun. We raise beef cattle. Jack's only problem is she hates our bull and will stop at nothing to make his life miserable.

We bred Jack once to Susan's stud Elvis. I gave the two pups to my sister's daughter's children (that was the deal when my sister gave us Jack).

I have since had my sister get me a second "Irish Jack" B&T male from Ireland, which I placed with a local friend and bred to Jack. Pups from this breeding will arive about Thanksgiving.

Here's the problem. I personally know the breeder from whom I got Jack and the other (different) breeder from whom I got the male. I have full three generation pedigrees for both dogs. There is not a single recognized Jack Russell terrior in either of those two lines.

You have any suggestions on what I might do with these soon to be whelped pups?

I can be happy keeping them all (vet says probably two).

But if there is a market for them some where, how do I access that market?

Here's another question. What makes a dog an "Irish Jack".

• Ca
    Califon Nov 09, 2009

Susan Sarao is recognized locally as a highly visable heroin addict, who was arrested at a local gas station, five minutes from her home, shooting up. She has also been under watch from her local township for running a kennel without a license -- no license whatsoever -- and was ordered to shut down, but somehow is still in operation. Soon we will see these puppies at a rescue or local shelter. Her closest associate was Lauren Wolfe, aka Autumbriar, who was arrested for having 30 dead dogs in her house plus other atrosities. Please do not even consider getting a puppy from this sham of a person.

• Ct
    C.T. Jul 10, 2009

Mary,

Possibly you can help others by explaining what drew you to a broker in the first place? What did you see or hear or think that made you even consider a brokered mix breed? Did you do your homework at all? Or just buy this puppy because they had one available ASAP? I remain puzzled by how brokers get people to buy their puppies. It would be helpful to know your reasons and mindset that got you into this in the first place.

As a breeder of high integrity, I as well as others like myself become very discouraged when we see brokers selling puppies in record rates at record prices while we raise our own pups, work honestly and ethically, health test and everything else a responsible breeder does --- Only to have people complain about our prices or buy a pup from a broker because our pups aren't old enough to go home yet.

The price no matter how high or low is irrelevant. I have seen nice pups for $1500 and I have seen nice pups for $200. Forget about how much the breeder is asking. In the dog world, you don;t "get what you pay for" so-to-speak. You must LOOK AT THE BREEDER and everything about them FIRST. Then if you like what you see and hear, - Pay whatever they are asking. $600-2000... price is not a factor really. PICK THE RIGHT BREEDER. That is 80% of the battle and the key to getting the right puppy.

If it goes wrong for any reason and the broker or breeder will not co-oporate with you, try the following:

1. Check out the puppy lemon laws in their state. They may be forced to help you.
    2. Contact the Attorney General's office in their state and file a complaint.
    3. Do as you have done and post your concerns here, on the web.
    4. There is always small claims court, but usually not worth the trouble for the buyer.

Mary, I sincerely hope you have since found a wonderful little companion dog and will not have to deal with issues as this again.

• Aj
    A J Jun 17, 2009

As a judge of Parson Russells and Russell Terriers, and as an owner of Jack Russells and these other two breeds for more than 20 years, I can personally agree to the feelings towards Irish Jacks. The puppies which are found within their site are through and through NOT jacks of any sort. Yes, there are some here and there, but overall any experienced person with dog breeds can see that these puppies are of mixed breeds or have a small percentage of Russell in them. The fabrication of information about an Irish Jack Russell into an "Irish Jack" with the creation of a wikipedia page on them and even trademarking and copywriting "Irish Jack" are just further confirmation of their marketing ploy to rope people into paying thousands for puppies.

I own two of the Top Ten dogs in the United States and one of the Top Ten dogs in the United Kingdom. I live in Ireland half of the time and the States the remainder. There are a ton of puppy mills within Ireland which are not regulated. It would be very easy to import puppies into the US. The only thing that is throwing a wrench into the whole scheme is the new minimum age for importation. However, the prices of the puppies are outrageous. As mentioned with the level of registered and Champion (in more than one county and more than one kennel club) Parson Russell Terriers which I have, it is hard to even get $800 for a puppy not to mention thousands as the Irish Jacks are. Something should throw up a red flag for most buyers with that. Even my puppies which are imported to the States from Ireland and the UK do not bring that sort of price tag.

This really all comes down to education. If buyers look into and investigate a breeder, then people like this will not be able to continue selling puppies.